Start by marking “Against The Odds” as Want to Read:
Against The Odds

Against The Odds

Published August 28th 2013 by Kenaz Publications (first published August 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Against The Odds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Against The Odds

Tonya
Sep 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
I never give up on a book and I gave up on this one half way through. I have never given an unfavorable review for a book either but about the only good thing I can say about this is that the story line is there and could have been made in to something really good but it falls way short. The language and the way the conversations are written is as if a student wrote it rather than an author making it incredibly hard to get involved in the story line. The characters don't speak like normal people ...more
Felicia Franklin
Sep 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book gets half a star from me. I didn't even get through half of the book...It's suppose to be a romance/fantasy book with it's supernatural characters. There are a lot of mistakes. The dialogue is confusing. The characters are confusing and irrational. Some of the characters were not needed. I really tried to give this book a chance, but from chapter 1, I wondered if I should even waste my time reading it. Thank goodness it was free...
Erin
Jan 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
Oh where to begin. Like I have said in one other (the only other) one star review I have given, I don't like to give bad reviews but this book was terrible. The story had potential but it felt like it was written by a 10 year old. The dialog was so ridiculous that nobody, even in the cheesiest TV show would speak that way. There was no depth to the characters and it was as if the author just wanted to move the story along but it took too damn long still. I ended up skimming chunks of the book an ...more
Lesley Book Lover
May 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: free-amazon, kindle
I am so glad I have finished this book!!!!! Several times I wanted to give up, it just dragged on, silly dialect, poor spelling and grammar, if I had to guess, I would have said it was a child writing it, and I was just so bored. So, why did I carry on you might ask, well there may be potential for a good story, but a lot of work needs doing to improve it, so I skipped through bits, as I did want to find out how it ended. I won't be reading anymore books by this author, free or not, sorry.
Natalie
Nov 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
I think the story line could have definitely gone somewhere. However, it was poorly written and I had a hard time following the unrealistic conversations. This would not be a book I recommend to others.
Kimmy
Sep 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
OK... here's the thing... the premise of the story was really good but the writing was not. I don't know if English is a second language for the author or what but it was such a mess it was hard to follow. There are two more books in the series and I have NO intention of reading them
Jessica Phillips
Jan 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
very tough to read through. I don't usually rate books this low but really had a hard time staying focused. Could only read a page or two before having to put it down
Laura Nanez
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was only able to get halfway through this book. The men sounded like an old woman. I just couldn't get past the formal, old fashioned speech.
Britt
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I really liked the plot but it was really hard for me to keep reading thanks to the writing style. It took me the first 3 chapters or so to finally get who was who and what was going on. Towards the end of the book it seemed like at least 3 times the book would have ended, but kept on going. I liked that the generations kept the story passed down and that even though it would hurt to be rejected every time you think you find love, they eventually do find true love.
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Sep 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-on-kindle
Amazon Freebie 9/12/13.

Book blurb:
This is Book 1 of the Against the Odds series. Rebecca is finally settled into her mundane life when she accidentally meets Clayton, a brash lawyer who unsettles her world and demands to understand her and her secrets. He wants to know everything about her, but will he handle the truth about who she really is? Will her desire for him allow her to risk keeping a secret that has been in her family for generations?
Jacqui Rivera
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I have never ever said this about a book but OMFG what a stupid story. I swear I kept reading it just to see if it changed, got better, but no it never did. When giving a review I believe in being honest. My 3 stars are simply for the authors effort because the story deserves a big 0 I'm sorry that's just my humble opinion
Rebecca
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: it-was-free
It was free, so why not. I'll give anyone a try because you never know. This story has an interesting spin to things and a bit of witch craft. So don't read if you don't like the paranormal because it's not the typical romance.
Liz
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Before I started reading this book I should have read the reviews. This is not my type of story as I am not into paranormal romance books. However I have to give credit to the imagination of the writer.

Andrea
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok, but not interesting enough for me to read the other books

It is not the kind of book that keeps me locked and wanting more. I have no interest in reading the other 2 books. The story is a bit silly, not really clear about the magic stuff.
Bekah Trusty-hunsucker
I was confused from the get go, but eventually the story started to somewhat come together.it wasn't really what I was expecting and alot of the stuff just threw me for a loop. Was kinda a good concept but went little over board and something's just didn't make sense. Not one I would recommend
Andrea Doss
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
this is such a unique fun story. Rebecca is terrorized by a family curse and is looking for her protector and denies it when she meets him. Clayton has a torrid past and doesn't believe in love until Rebecca. together they want to break the family curse but can they?
Sara Tieszen paschal
Glad I did not pay much attention to the poor reviews on Goodreads. I do not normally read paranormal romance however, this read just changed that. I will continue on in the series. I must say that the read did have some errors so that is why a three star rating came from me.
D
Apr 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Story had promise but was poorly written. There were Grammar and vocabulary errors throughout.
Jami
Jan 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015-new
blah, couldn't even finish reading it.
Natasha Miller
Feb 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Too many mistakes and characters that were just not needed. The story seemed to drag on and on.
Susan Groves
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a good book that I'd read again but I don't think English is the author's first language so the conversations didn't flow.
Michelle
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the power of love is a powerful thing.
Betsy Harmon
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story is different. You just have to give it a chance. The writing style is a bit rough. However, I got completely caught up in the story and could not put it down.
Paula
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not for me, really not my kind of writing style
Samantha
Dec 27, 2013 marked it as gave-up-on-this-book
Around 8% I gave up. The dialogue is stiff and awkward and makes zero sense.
Jeri Hinebaugh
rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2018
Mary
Nov 30, 2014

• Fall Into Him (Fall Into Him, #1)
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • Irresistible Lies
  • Gina and Mike (Yearbook, #1)
  • In the Moment (Moments, #1)
  • Righteous Obsession
  • Never Say Never: Part 1
  • Mine 'Til Monday
  • We Fight, We Fall (Fight and Fall, #1)
  • Touch of Eden
  • Precise (Pulling Me Under, #0.5)
  • Can't Stop Loving You (Forever Friends #1)
  • Falling for Alexander (Corkscrew Bay, #2)
  • The Last Strand
  • Your Favorite Girl (YFG, #1)
  • Losing Control (Losing Control, #1)
  • Be Here Now
  • Love Lost (Love's Improbable Possibility, #1)