Start by marking “Music of the Soul (Runaway Train, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Music of the Soul (Runaway Train, #2.5)

Music of the Soul

(Runaway Train #2.5)

In Music of the Heart, an unexpected twist of fate caused Abby Renard to fall into womanizer Jake Slater’s bed. What started out as a small spark between the unlikely pair, grew into a deep and intense love. After a year-long engagement, the two have finally been able to set a wedding date. It’s off to Mexico for a destination ceremony on a private beach. After a heated we ...more
Published December 29th 2013 by Katie Ashley Productions

To ask other readers questions about Music of the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Music of the Soul

Start your review of Music of the Soul (Runaway Train, #2.5)
Lily Rose
Oct 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I want Jake and Abby to have a baby sooooo much!!! And since Jack wanna wait Karma has to give him at least twins...NOW...and totally scr*w his plans!!!!!! Ahahahhah GO Abby!!!!
Catarina
4,5 Sweet Stars.

In this companion novel we have Jake and Abby again. It starts one year after the end of their book and they are finally getting married after a year-long engagement.
This are chaotic, with their popularity of the charts and they having no privacy at all or a large amount time to be alone. But that’s their life and as long they have their music they are already used to it.
But now they are taking time for themselves and finally having the HEA they deserve.

description

But what comes after
Michelle
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
I don’t even know how to express how much I absolutely love reading anything that Katie Ashley writes. I think I would fall completely in love with her shopping list if she ever published it!

Jake & Abby’s story continues in Music of the Soul, they’ve fallen in love, struggled through Jake battles with commitment and his darkness when they suffered a great loss. Now we get to follow them on a new journey, down an aisle. A pathway that leads to their future and the beginning of their forever.

The
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Who doesn't love a good wedding? Jake and Abby make a commitment to love each other forever on a beautiful island in paradise. We follow them through the first 1-2 years of married life as they adjust to everything that life throws at them. They have spats, someone sleeps on the couch one night but they always seem to find a middle ground eventually.

Jake is determined to give Abby everything her heart desires, within reason. However, sometimes choices can be taken away from you, no matter how fa
Kim
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We are cordially invited to attend the event we have been waiting for--Jake and Abby's destination wedding. Along the way there is sadness, humor, romance, and steam. Jake and Abby have been so good together since we met them in Music of the Heart. Abby pulled Jake from a dark place and continues to be his Angel.

I didn’t care if she bossed me around for the next fifty years just as long as she was in my life. I’d never imagined loving anyone as much as I did Abby. Without flinching, she had reac
Tamara
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful novella about Jake and Abby we first met in Music of the Heart.

We all kinda knew that this was going to be the story of their wedding, but I never could have expected what else this couple would have to go through.

The author does a great job with pulling out so many emotions. Already from the first chapter, I was a blubbering mess.... poor Jake...

I laughed, I cried, I felt angry, I felt happy, I felt empty and I cried some more...

Along with many surprises, we get a wonderful, but some
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Since I have read and liked Music of the Heart, the first of the series, I am very much excited to see this follow up of Abby and Jake's story.

In this book, you get to experience their romantic wedding...

.... the honeymoon... and then their first big disagreement as married couple...

I love Abby, she only wants what every girl wants, a dream husband, to have children and their happily every after. But she supports and understands Jake.

Now, Jake on the other hand, he has issues... and he is
Shannon
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize for some reason that Abby and Jake were getting another story. So when I saw the author post about it on FB I ran and bought it. My only disappointment was it was just a novella. I would have liked it to be a little long and give us more between the scenes but I see now the whole point of the story.

Jake is excited to be marrying Abby, but he still has "secrets" and demons in his closet, and he sends them out to Abby a few times in this story. I didn't like the way he talked to h
hugsandcookies
Way way way better than Music of the Heart.

This time around we get to see more of Jake and Abby. This proves the test of their relationship in getting married and then growing together as a couple. I liked how the author actually kept to the storyline and it flowed. Here we get to understand Jake's insecurities and always Abby's sweet nature.

But all I can say is ‘Music of the Soul’ will leave you with tears, tragedy sometimes angst and a happiness all around.
Irida
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This was a sweet continuation of Abby and Jake story, of their weddingday and of them becoming parents.
Brandi Money
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another winner for Katie Ashley! Not that I expected anything less than perfection, but this novella was simply perfect. A fine addition to the Runaway Train series. The writing was flawless with lush expression, which allowed for great visual reading. Things flowed effortlessly and without pause. I must say this is now one of my favorite writings by Katie.

Everyone loves Jake Slater. How can you not love the notorious womanizing rock star that was swept off his feet by the beautiful Angel, Abby
Angie
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I wasn't a fan of book 1, Music of the Heart. But for some reason I decided to keep reading the series and I'm glad I did. I really liked A.J.'s story. I also enjoyed this book, Music of the Soul, a novella centered around the wedding and newlywed life of Jake and Abby. Jake is a big reason I didn't like book 1 but he has grown on me.
On the 1st night of their honeymoon Jake and Abby have a major disagreement about something pretty heavy, something they should have discussed prior
Raj
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

It's been awhile since I've read the 1st MUSIC OF THE HEART, and I'm a big fan and I didn't expect a follow up on their story, and I'm happy that there is.

What can I say? I love it! I love the author, and I've read THE PROPOSITION series that I love to bits!

This one is a short story, but it got me. I was actually making my own scenarios based on the story that totally got my eyes bloodshot. what?

ANyways, I love the story, it's totally HOT!!!! and the story mainly focused on Jake's issue
Saffron
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, 2014
2.5 stars...

There were moments that I liked the book and then there were moments that I thought it was ok. This was a really strange feeling for me because I liked Jake and Abby's story in Book 1. But for me, I really thought I could do without this novella. I liked about the first 20% and then after that, it was really just ok. And honestly, that's my overall impression and all I can say about this. I guess I expected more, and the conflict that was there wasn't enough for me.

***I was given a
Anne OK
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Full review to follow the holidays! Happy New Year 2014 to one and all.
Daisy
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Dianne
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
GENRE: Rockstar Romance

LENGTH: Short-ish; 201 pages

MAIN CHARACTERS:
Jake Slater: Lead-singer of Runaway Train; has some trouble with married life because of his father issues.
Abby Renard: Lead singer of Jacob's Ladder and Jake's fiancee/wife who tries to help him with his issues, and always be there for him.
A.J., Brayden, and Rhys: Jake's band mates and best friends.
Mia: A. J.'s wife and Abby's good friend
Allison: Jake's little half sister
Lily: Brayden's wife and Abby's good friend

LIKES:
We get
Mateja
Dec 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Music of the Soul captures the most important moments of Jake and Abby’s lives. From a destination wedding and a hot and steamy honeymoon on a lonely island to concert tours. Although at first it seems that things are going perfectly for Jake and Abby, life soon starts to throw blow after blow at them that will threaten their relationship and their future together. But it may just be the couple’s inner struggle and the reluctance to share their deepest fears and worries with each other that migh ...more
PAULA
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
MUSIC OF THE SOUL (RUNAWAY TRAIN 2.5) by KATIE ASHLEY

I have loved this series from the very beginning. This is a kind of series with the right amount of romance, sex & funny scenes and the characters are definitely a group of different personas that blend well together. In this book, we get to see a Jake and Abby that have matured and given a situation that will test their love for each other.

What I like about this book is how Katie showed how strong of a woman Abby is. She’s not the innocent &
Becca
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My first book to read in 2014! And it didn't disappoint. I love this series from Katie Ashley.

Jake and Abby had that soul mate love. After everything they had been through, they were finally getting married. But it's not always smooth sailing even for those that are meant to be. It's time for Jake to step up and be the strength that Abby was for him in the past. Will he be able to step up to the plate or will demons from his past help to slowly push Abby away.

I love Jake and Abby. Even though
Jenny Harris
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book will take you on an emotional roller-coaster. Jake and Abby are finally getting married you think that would be the greatest thing for them. It is but then comes real life, Abby has always wanted to be a mother and with Jake's background he is not sure he is ready to be or if he will ever be. This is a cause for a few fights between the two of them the first being on their honeymoon. You would think it would be a good topic to hash out and find out where they want to go next but both a ...more
What great addition to this series. I loved Jake and Abby in book 1 and was totally excited when I heard this novella was coming out. It was a great continuation to their story. I loved that even though this was a novella and a quick read, it covered the first 2 years of Jake and Abby's married life. It showed the happy times as well as the not so happy times. We got to share in their struggles, but we also got to see that in the end, as long as you have love,trust, and family you can get throug ...more
TeriLyn
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Music of the Soul gives a short glimpse into Jake and Abby's life after the events of Music of the Heart. I adore these two characters and Music of the Soul reminded me why. Jake is a more mature version of himself and Abby is still the same sweetheart she was when Jake met her. They compliment each other so well. The passion they both have for their music, their friends and family, and most of all each other is consuming. It's hard to not adore them. I love how the author wrapped up their story ...more
Julia Griffis - The Romance Bibliophile
Oh my gosh, Katie Ashley has done it again! She has managed to write another absolutely phenomenal Runaway Train novel. I absolutely loved loved loved learning more about Abby and Jake's relationship and married life and the other band member's as well. This was just an incredible novel that had me on an emotional roller coaster, of the good kind:) I am absolutely dying to read "Strings of the Heart!" ...more
B. Bento
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm the kind of person who like the happily ever after story. Epilogues are definitely my thing and this short book telling their wedding the other characters life, and like so many people, the difficulty to have a family start and What it takes to build a family is really realistic and sweet. Can't wait for the next book. ...more
Valerie Degeorge
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing read
Loved reading Jake and Abby's story looking into their lives and keeping up to date on them and the other characters this book was a great fill in while we wait for the next books in the series
Paige
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Great novella of my two faves from this series. It hit an issue a lot of married couples go through which made it an emotional read.
Ivey
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice novella following Abby and Jake into marriage, dealing with life & insecurities.
Ricki
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is what every novella should strive to be! Katie nailed it with Abby and Jake's story! ...more
Jacqueline
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome another two thumbs up

Again I love Abby and Jake. Of course I just have to ask, what in the H E double LL is wrong with Jake, he sure does know how to be a stubborn jerk sometimes. I felt bad for Abby at times, but was glad he eventually saw what was right lol he just needed a little push that's all. And boy does that boy know how to panic or really stress himself out. But of course we still love him.

Can you read this before Beat of the Heart? 3 21 Jul 28, 2014 12:27PM

• Cross your Heart
  • Deep (Stage Dive, #4)
  • Sinfully Mine (Lessons with the Dom, #2)
  • Ache
  • The Enemy Next Door (The Football Boys #2)
  • Taming the Storm (The Storm, #3)
  • Clash (Left Turn, #1)
  • Shame (Ruin, #3)
  • Willing Captive
  • Happily Ever All-Star (Touchdowns and Tiaras #4)
  • Wicked Heart (Starcrossed, #3)
  • Joy Ride (Big Rock #5)
  • Once Upon a Half-Time (Touchdowns and Tiaras #3)
  • The Rocker That Savors Me (The Rocker, #2)
  • The Storm (The Storm, #3.5)
  • Mayhem (Mayhem, #1)
  • Todo mi otoño (Una estación conmigo, #2)
  • Siempre será invierno (Una estación contigo, #3)
Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Top Three Best-Selling author of both Indie and Traditionally published books. She's written rockers, bikers, manwhores with hearts of gold, New Adult, and Young Adult. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter, Olivia, her rescue mutts, Belle and Elsa, and her two cats, Mama Kitty and Luna. She has a slight obsession with The G ...more

Runaway Train (5 books)
  • Music of the Heart (Runaway Train, #1)
  • Beat of the Heart (Runaway Train, #2)
  • Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train, #3)
  • Melody of the Heart (Runaway Train, #4)
  • Music of the Heart (Runaway Train, #1-4)

News & Interviews

“When you fell into my life, I was shattered beyond repair. But as the shining angel of redemption, you didn’t seem to care. While the tempest swirled around me, you led me to solid ground. You’re the purest, deepest love a man like me has ever found. There is a fire that burns within me that only you can ignite. You’re the light that fills my soul in the darkest, bleakest night. You’re the balm that cures the wound; the lifeline in the storm. You are the song of my heart, the music of my soul.” 10 likes
“Oh God, we’ve become the dudes we used to make fun of, haven’t we?” 8 likes