Start by marking “Secretive (On The Run #2)” as Want to Read:
Secretive (On The Run #2)

Secretive

(On the Run #2)

Zoe Hunter thought all the questions surrounding her ex’s mysterious past had been answered. She couldn’t have been more wrong.

Free-spirited Zoe lives an unconventional life. She tried the nine-to-five office routine, but it was like the death of a thousand cuts—paper cuts, that is. But still, she couldn’t take it and vowed to make a living outside a cubicle. Now she’s a
Published February 19th 2013 (first published February 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Secretive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secretive

Randee Baty
After having been on the run with her handsome ex-husband Jack, who is now presumed dead by the FBI, Zoe has returned to her mundane life of proof-reading travel books and real estate management. Back to the house she now lives in alone since Jack is no longer occupying the upstairs and back to the suspicions of the FBI that she has somehow pulled a fast one with the money that had disappeared from Jack’s company. She knows she's almost broke but the FBI likes her for the theft of the twelve mil ...more
moxieBK
Secretive (On the Run #2) - Sara Rosett (Prologue + 20 chapters + epilogue) Jan. 25-29, 2017

I read this as a part of the three book series, On the Run Boxed Set. For an overall impression of that book, check out my review on that book set dated January 29, 2017.

This is the second book in the series, and this one took me a bit to really get hooked in the story. There was so much meandering that went on in the beginning that I didn’t really get until almost at the end. I never know how I feel abou
Susan
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second of three e-books in an On The Run bundle. I already had a copy of the first one (Elusive), but it was cheaper to buy the bundle than to buy the next two books separately! This is of course a continuation of the first book. Zoe's ex Jack has not reappeared since diving into the canal in Venice. But when her mother comes for a brief visit, she brings a gift for Zoe that was sent to her mother's address. It contains the chain with her wedding ring, which she thought was also at t ...more
Christina
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I rarely purchase e-books, I love using my kindle e-reader but if I am going to actually purchase a book I want to be able to really hold it. After completing the first installment of On the Run Mysteries (which I did get for free) I was hooked and I needed to find out what came next for Jack and Zoe. Again, I am left considering purchasing another e-book, simply because I want to continue journey with them.

Sara Rosett has done a great job pulling readers in with this fast paced, exciting series
Carlin
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-kindle
This is my 2nd read of the On the Run mystery series. I thoroughly enjoyed it as I did the first one. Much excitement, great characters, love Zoe and Jack. Will look forward to reading more in this series.*

*I have read all of the Murder on Location series (excellent
Janice Dick
I really enjoyed this second book in the On the Run series by Sara Rosett. Tightly-written plot with lots of action, international intrigue, danger, humor, and a touch of romance. I know I'll be reading the rest of the series.
Avalon
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Secretive

The second book in the international mystery series with a couple on the run. FBI, thugs, romance and humor. This book doesn't disappoint and I'm looking forward to reading the next adventure in this series. Very enjoyable
Sonjie Outlaw
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From US to Europe

Zoe leads a life of doing odd jobs, waiting to hear from fer dead husband, Jack. She avoids criminals and the FBI, until she figured out where Jack is.
Emily M
Another fun weekend read. The plot points strained credulity a lot less than in the last one, so a definite improvement.
Lawanda
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook performed by Laura Princiatto
Donna
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok story, some suspense but I didn’t care for it. I haven’t read any of her other books and probably won’t.
Georgia
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secretive by Sara Rosett is the second book in the 'On the Run' series.

The first book in the series is 'Elusive' and I'll link my review of it here:

There will be spoilers from the first book in this review. If you don't want to know what happens it that one, stop here. Spoilers of Elusive beyond here.

Secretive starts off six months after the events of the last book. Zoe's life has mostly returned to normal, though there has been no contact from Jack since
Sherry Lynn
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, mystery
What a great second book in the series. I read book #1 Elusive and enjoyed it! Elusive ends with the mystery rapped up but there was a bit of a cliffhanger. Each book can be read as a stand alone story but I recommend reading the series beginning with Elusive. Although if you get Secretive first you won't be lost at all. The author does a great job blending the stories together yet keeping them separate.
Secretive begins some 6 months later. Things have calmed down and Zoe is settling into a som
Jen
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, arc
A while back I read Elusive, the first in this series. I have to say Secretive is as fast-paced and entertaining. I found myself reading late in the night wanting to know what was going to happen to Zoe and Jack. There were twist and turns in the story which I would not have thought of (and that is a good thing.)

This book picks up over six months from when Zoe finally made it home. Not much has gone well for her: she has a hole in the ceiling of her kitchen, is still trying to make ends meet, an
Natalie Fallon
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to acknowledge that I received an e-copy of this book from the author via LibraryThing in return for an honest review. I personally rely on reviews of books before trying them and so my reviews are genuine.

This was the second book in the series and I have not read the first however this was not a problem as any relevant info from the first book was recounted for clarity.

This was an easy read with short chapters so great for reading in the sun. The main characters Zoe and Jack have
Gwen Samson
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book

For a ditzy redhead who seems to get into a lot of trouble, she is so glad she lives by her gut feeling. Good pacy book with a great adventure. Shame she has no radar for bad men.
Tona
May 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book through a Librarything.com giveaway.

I wish that I had read the first book in the series to get a better feel of the characters. Not that this book couldn't stand on its own, it can. I think I would have had a better connection.

This is a good story. I liked the current story plot. It was a fresh topic that has not been wrote about much. I think it would make a great beach book.
Brenda
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zoe knows Jack isn't dead - or maybe by now he is. It's been 6 months and no word from him.

When Zoe finally gets the parcel from Jack, she follows clues he knows only she can figure out and finds herself in London and in Germany in the quest to unravel Jack's past and solve the murder of
Jack's former partner so he can return to the U.S.

Does this mean they might become a couple again?

Lovely travel sites and funny incidents keep you reading and enjoying the book.
Stephen Walton
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As fast and furious as book 1 ( Elusive) in this on the run series. Zoe's back in America, Jack has disappeared and then Zoe's mom turns up with a letter. That's all the spoilers you'll get but believe me there's plenty of action , touch of romance and a good solid read . Well recommended as a stand alone or part of the series
Maureen Hetzel
The first book in the series ended with a clue there would be a next and a question about survival. This. One picks up the story and continues it. Shorter and more fast-paced but again not quite a final resolution with hints of the next plot points for book 3. Since I see there ar additional books in the series I fear I Might begin to dislike less than resolution.
Kandra
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the continuing saga of Zoe and Jack. The action is fast-paced and a little scary, at times. I read the series of three books in a week, so that helped me keep the characters straight. The only two things I would change would be that I like first-person point of view better than third-person, and secondly, more romance would have been great. Had to hurry on to the third book.
Judy
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read continuing the story of a divorced couple who keep getting into dangerous situations because of the (ex)husbands former life as a CIA agent. Once again they end up abroad trying to clear themselves from suspicion by law enforcement and to disentangle themselves from former associates of his. Im enjoying the settings and the relationship between the couple as it evolves. ...more
Stacey
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second novel in this series is just as engaging as the first. I enjoyed seeing Jack and Zoe team up for another adventure in Europe. It's fun to see what happens when you put an ordinary person (Zoe) in extraordinary circumstances. I look forward to reading the third one in this series.
Jacque
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the On the Run series and continues the adventures of Zoe and Jack, as they try to prove their innocence in an investment scam. Secretive is a fun, light mystery that quickly draws you in and has you cheering for Zoe and Jack.
Pam
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always worry a little when book 1 was so good and was free, that book 2 won't be as good. I was wrong!! This is just a really fun series and I feel completely comfortable letting my 12 yr old daughter read them.
Jeanie Jackson
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had already read Elusive so I was excited to get the next two books for a good price! Sara Rosett writes contemporary romantic suspense with flair of some of my long time favorites like Mary Stewart. I will be reading everything I can get my hands on now.
Heather
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great thriller/mystery quick read, as good as the first. Looking forward to reading the third!
Charmayne
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good second addition to Zoe and Jack. Now I'm looking forward to the 3rd book! :-)
Veronica
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
<2.5 stars

Janice Pauc
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2nd in the series. not as good as the 1st

• The Impossible Cube (Clockwork Empire, #2)
  • What Happened on Beale Street (Secrets of the South Mysteries #2)
  • Carolina Reckoning
  • Heaven's Prey (Redemption's Edge, #1)
  • Serpent of Moses (Jack Hawthorne Adventure #2)
  • A Bolt From The Blue
  • Secret Christmas Twins (Christmas Twins #2)
  • Trial by Twelve (A Murder in the Mountains #2)
  • A Clockwork Christmas
  • Random Acts of Murder (Holly Anna Paladin Mysteries  #1)
  • Something Buried, Something Blue (The Mac 'n' Ivy Mysteries, Book #1)
  • Dead Man's Switch (Dead Man's Switch #1)
  • The Quickie Sexy and Short Erotica Story
  • Awakening
  • Bushwhacked (Maple Syrup Mysteries, #2)
  • The Steampunk Detective
  • Cleansed by Fire
  • Better All the Time (The Darlings, #2)
USA Today bestselling author Sara Rosett writes lighthearted mysteries for readers who enjoy atmospheric settings, fun characters, and puzzling whodunits.

She is the author of the High Society Lady Detective historical mystery series as well as three contemporary cozy series, the Murder on Location series, the On the Run series, and the Ellie Avery series. Sara also teaches an online course, How to

On the Run (6 books)
  • Elusive (On The Run, #1)
  • Deceptive (On the Run, #3)
  • Suspicious (On the Run, #4)
  • Devious (On the Run #5)
  • Treacherous  (On the Run, #6)