Start by marking “Come to Me Softly (Closer to You, #2)” as Want to Read:
Come to Me Softly (Closer to You, #2)

Come to Me Softly (Closer to You #2)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  4,120 Ratings  ·  493 Reviews
From the New York Times bestselling author of Come to Me Quietly comes a scorching new adult romance in the Closer to You series.

Published June 24th 2014 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about Come to Me Softly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come to Me Softly

Christy
Jan 09, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: emotional
4 JARED Stars!!!!

photo 112d9e11-07e4-4794-893d-2434c2387f70_zps2fac425b.jpg

The continuation of Jared and Aly’s story… When I first read Come to Me Quietly, I fell for Jared Holt. I love my boys damaged and he was beautifully broken. Jared has overcome so many obstacles, but he still has a long way to go to fight all the demons from his past.
I always thought I’d be her ruin. But right then, I was pretty sure she’d be mine. My faultless demise. Because I’d suffer for her. Bear all her burden and her blame. Would gladly die for her. The most terrifying
A.L. Jackson
Oct 31, 2013 A.L. Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: one-of-mine
I always think the more books I write, the easier they will come. But I've found that is most definitely not true. This book ended up taking me four more months than it was supposed to, and was delivered months late to my publisher. But I found myself completely lost in Jared and Aly's story, wanting to give them the "true" story...how I would see their lives transpiring if they were real, the way the feel to me.

I can only pray I've done these two justice in their final chapter in the Closer to
♥Rachel♥
Jan 14, 2014 ♥Rachel♥ rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
3.5 Stars

*******Spoilers ahead if you haven’t read the first book.*******

Come to Me Softly picks up with Aleena and Jared’s reunion after three months apart when he realizes he can’t live without her and comes back. Jared is both scared and cautiously excited about Aly’s pregnancy, but he’s is still haunted by the guilt from his past. Jared feels he doesn’t deserve Aly or the happiness she bring, but he’s no longer willing to part with her. So these two commit and resolve to do whatever it takes
“We’re going to have a baby.”

This was an okay NA contemporary romance, but boy did these guys move quick!

I really felt for Aly in this book, telling her parents that she was pregnant really didn’t go down well, although I couldn’t really blame them for being upset!

Aly and Jared seemed to move so quickly in this book! They went from being pregnant to being engaged and having a house so quickly I’m surprised they didn’t get whiplash! That being said, the pace for the rest of the book dragged, an
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 14, 2013 Jacqueline's Reads rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 CRAZY JARED STARS

I really like this series, Come to Me Softly wasn’t the easiest book to read, and there was plenty of drama and tension. There were some high notes and some short ones as well.

Jared and Aly are trying to build a future together. Jared came back after months of going on a bender. He wants nothing more than to prove his love and worth to his girl. Aly is pregnant and is so happy Jared came back, but she knows this doesn’t fix everything in their relationship.

Come to Me Softly
Candace
The story picks up where book 1 left off. Jared is on a downward spiral, racing toward his rock bottom. Allie is heartbroken and struggling with her new reality, in the absence of Jared. Simply put, they're a mess!

The story gains momentum quickly, when Jared returns to Allie and they begin to repair the damage. This book is much more uplifting than the first, with a large portion devoted to the evolution of their relationship, focusing on their happy times together as a couple.

However, not every
Nikki
2 Did we really need another book for that Stars? description
Ding, ding, ding...right answer.

So we all know the 1st book's ending was somewhat open ended cause we knew we were getting another book. Hence what I like to call the 2nd book curse. Rushed ending in 1st book leads to pointless dribble in 2nd book. There was no need for this at all. Could have addressed some of Jared's issues in the last book and a nice EPILOGUE would have been just fine and dandy. Seems like someone forgot what an epilogue is fo
Cristina
Most definitely, I enjoyed the first book more than this. In fact, what was the point of this one? A small misunderstand and let the happily after proceed. For one, this one was lengthier and I don't know how or why. Unfortunately, I lost interest somewhere in the story and never found it again. How I finished this? No idea.
AJ
Feb 24, 2014 AJ rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic, series, steamy, arc
3 stars - so many feels, too little story

The sequel to the highly emotional Come to Me Quietly gives us the follow up to Jared and Aly’s story and we get to see them move forward with lots of detail, lots of swoon, and a beautifully happy ending that these two characters thoroughly deserve.

Warning - this will be a little spoilery if you haven't read the first book.

This book picks up the morning after Come to Me Quietly finished, with Jared and Aly revelling in their reunion. Jared is still broke
Paige
The continuation of Jared and Aly's story was exactly what I hoped for. Their reunion was beautiful and watching them learn to love and trust each other had my heart pitter pattering all over the place. While this didn't quite have the same angsty impact that book 1 did, I loved their story and it's one of my favorites.
S.M. West
Jun 26, 2014 S.M. West rated it really liked it
4 ‘ALL COCONUT, AND GOOD AND GIRL’ STARS

This was a beautiful conclusion to Aly and Jared's story and also a great set up for Christopher’s book! I fell for Jared Holt in Come to Me Quietly. He is truly a beautifully, broken boy (just how I love them)and despite the love of Aleena Moore, he still had a long was to go.

Jared is haunted by his past and the demons that plague him night and day. He feels unworthy of the beauty, the good and the love of Aly but can’t and won’t leave her.

photo ComeAL_zpsa96bc912.jpg

This book w
Jen
Mar 19, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing
5 Call Me Seduced Stars

I absolutely loved this story! Jared Holt is a favorite book boyfriend of mine. Jared and Aly’s story is one that I won’t soon forget.

”Even as damaged as I knew he was, this gorgeous man was my perfection.”

Jared and Aly are finally together, but just because he came back doesn’t mean that things are going to be perfect now. Jared has a lot of demons in his past that he still has to face.

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There’s nowhere we
Anna
I love Jared Holt !!!

Review to come ❤❤
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 13, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
Book #2 in a new series from AL Jackson!!!

✤ 2 TEASERS ➜ http://aestas.me/closert0you

Blair
Jan 11, 2014 Blair rated it it was amazing
Awesome.

I love Jared !! <33

Chris- Bookaddict
Jul 18, 2014 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback
What an Amazing ending to one breathtakingly beautiful story. I LOVED every single minute of Jared and Aly. Right from the start A.L. pulls you in and keeps you turning pages to the very end.
Come To Me Softly picks up right where Come To Me Quietly ended. So please make sure you read the first book in this series before reading this one.

A second chance at love…

Jared did not think he deserved either one of these until he met Aly. Running from his past, he knows that unti
Sandy ღCoffeeAddictBooksღ

Emotional, Intense and beautiful Love story
Come to Me Softly is Jared’s path to Redemption, Forgiveness, Peace and Acceptance.

The story is kind of predictable as we know Aleena and Jared reunite at the end of Come to me quietly, this sequel is about their struggling future together. Jared is still broken, filled with hatred and disgust, harbors demons of his past and still thinks he unworthy of love that he doesn't deserve beautiful soul like Aly. But only thing keeping him sane is Aly
Tahsin
now, this book was like a really long extended epilogue in the making. it could have been a fucklot shorter since nothing really happened until around the last 20%. and i've noticed in when i read her other books too - the characters she tries to make into heroes, or at least the good guy, i end up really not liking them. i don't give a fuck. you didn't try hard enough. your fucking fault. don't come begging for forgiveness now and expect rainbows and sunshine to come out of my ass.
Madeline A.
Jul 08, 2016 Madeline A. rated it liked it
If you don't like so much drama in a second chance romance , than this book is for you. Personally, I like more challenges and obstacles to work through. AL Jackson is an extremely talented writer, however I would have liked to see more aspiration for Jared's character besides his love for Aly. No one can argue that Jared and Aly had intense feelings for each other and belonged together , but I like more drama in my books!!!
Abbie
Dec 04, 2015 Abbie rated it liked it
The character were okay, but there were points where they annoyed me.

Quite a few things happened in this installment, but it still dragged rather badly for me unfortunately.

Overall, An okay read.
Michele
Nov 07, 2013 Michele rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I received an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Five stars just aren't enough!

This story was heartbreakingly beautiful! My heart was bleeding for Jared the entire time. He is such a broken man with his past, but you can see that his heart really is made of gold. Then there is Aly who is such a wonderful person and can see that Jared struggles every day, and tries to help him as much as she can. You can feel the love between these two and you are constantly rooting for them,
Sakuranko
Dec 01, 2016 Sakuranko rated it liked it
This was a good book. But wasnt very exciting for me.
I am sorry but I added a star thanks to that end and Aleena.
This book was nice.
Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Beautiful Cover

description

Synopsis from NAL/Penguin:

A second chance at love…

Jared Holt never thought he deserved either—until he found both in the arms of Aly Moore. Aly has loved Jared for as long as she can remember, and she’s more than ready for the future they’re making together. But Jared can’t help remembering his own family. And he’ll never forgive
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
2 stars - an okay read - only because those characters were amazing on the first book!

Did we really need another book?

The first book of the series would have been amazing if the author had squeezed in a couple of chapters about Jared and his family. That's how unnecessary this book was. Full of crying, and drama, and Jared feeling sorry for himself and  not good enough, a lot of I love yous - like A LOT! - and family drama, basically everyone hating him and him running away and punching things.

I
Natasha
Jul 04, 2015 Natasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
4 come to me softly stars!

photo image_zpst3dtotmn.jpg

This book continues on from where number one left off.

Jared is trying so hard to give Aleena everything she deserves and to make her happy. Things are going well for these two progressing nicely except when Jared has dinner with Aleena's family for thanksgiving. Aleena's dad is not happy to see Jared and firth more isn't happy to see his daughter in a relationship with a man who is self destructive.

These two face a lot of obstacles and Jared's self loathing is on to
Callixta
Dec 29, 2014 Callixta rated it it was amazing

Ce second tome sur la douloureuse histoire de Jared est aussi bonne que le premier même si il est fort différent. Lisez surtout le premier opus qui donne beaucoup de sens à ce qui arrive dans le second. Jared et Aly sont deux amis d’enfance qui ont partagé toute leur vie et se sont sans doute aimés pendant autant de temps et puis tout a changé dans leur vie, surtout dans celle de Jared. Sa famille a explosé littéralement après un drame dont il a une part d
Andrie
Jun 27, 2014 Andrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Δεν ξέρω ακόμη αν είμαι έτοιμη να γράψω μια κριτική για αυτό το βιβλίο, αλλά αφήνοντας τη νύχτα και το πρωινό να περάσουν νομίζω ότι η καρδιά μου έχει ηρεμήσει. Έχω κλάψει τόσο, όσο με κανένα άλλο βιβλίο και νομίζω ότι τώρα μπορώ να αποτυπώσω κάποια πράγματα σχετικά με το Come to me softly.
Λοιπόν αρχίζω λέγοντας ότι το δεύτερο βιβλίο ξεκινά ακριβώς από εκεί που άφησε την ιστορία το Come to me quietly και βασικά δεν μπορούσε να γίνει αλλιώς. Έτσι παρακολουθούμε τους ήρωες μέσα από τη μεταξύ τους
Tantalizing
Feb 05, 2014 Tantalizing rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
****ARC RECIEVED FROM NETGALLY FOR HONEST REVIEW****

If I could give Come To Me Softly a million stars I would without thinking twice. Come To Me Softly is a story of love and healing. A definite must read!

Oh where do I start with this review. Days after reading Come To Me Softly I am still at a loss for words. This book delves into both your heart and soul and latches on, refusing to let go. I found myself utterly consumed in Aly and Jared's story.

Come To Me Softly picks up right where Come To M
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Come to Me Softly is an unpredictable roller coaster ride of gut wrenching emotion. Told in alternating points of view from Jared and Aly's point of view, the reader is allowed an all encompassing insight into the turmoil, the internal struggle, and the all consuming love of both of these characters.

Come to Me Softly begins exactly where the first book, Come to Me Quietly, left off. With the return of Jared after a three month disappearance, the road for these characters feels impossibly long an
Turning Pages At ...: Monthly Read: Come To Me Softly by A.L. Jackson 6 19 Jun 25, 2014 08:36PM
Sequel? Trilogy? Long series? 2 50 Mar 29, 2014 03:42PM
  • The Resolution of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #6)
  • Addicted After All (Addicted, #3)
  • Flawed (Connections, #4.5)
  • Past Imperfect (Perfect, #2)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Song of the Fireflies
  • There's Wild, Then There's You (The Wild Ones, #3)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Changing Forever (Rains, #2)
  • Last Light (Night Owl, #2)
  • Bound in Blue (Love Square, #3)
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • Girl of Rage (Rachel's Peril, #2; Thompson Sisters, #6)
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
  • Undone (Unbreakable, #2)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Chased Dreams (Chasing Nikki, #3)
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance. She writes emotional, sexy, heart-filled stories about boys who usually like to be a little bit bad.

Her bestselling series include THE REGRET SERIES, CLOSER TO YOU, as well as the newest BLEEDING STARS novels. Watch for the last installments, STAND, coming in 2017.

If she’s not writing, you can find her
More about A.L. Jackson...

Closer to You (3 books)
  • Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You, #1)
  • Come to Me Recklessly (Closer to You, #3)

“Fight for what you love. For what's important. Cherish it. Only a fool believes there's a good enough reason to le love go.” 10 likes
“It doesn't work like that. We don't earn love... it's a gift we're given.” 10 likes