Jump to ratings and reviews

Closer to You #2

Come to Me Softly

From the New York Times bestselling author of Come to Me Quietly comes a scorching new adult romance in the Closer to You series.

A second chance at life…
A second chance at love…

Jared Holt never thought he deserved either—until he found both in the arms of Aly Moore. Aly has loved Jared for as long as she can remember, and she’s more than ready for the future they’re making together. But Jared can’t help remembering his own family. And he’ll never forgive himself for what happened to them. How can he allow himself the very happiness he once destroyed?

To live a life worthy of Aly, Jared knows he has to stop running and finally put his past to rest. But when he decides to face his demons head on, he encounters more than he bargained for: a dangerous mix of jealousy, lies, and dishonest intentions. When those intentions threaten Aly, Jared loses all control, giving into the rage that earned him his bad boy reputation years before. And he’ll fight to protect her no matter what it costs…even if he destroys himself in the process.

384 pages, Paperback

First published June 24, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

A.L. Jackson

74 books11.9k followers
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance. She writes emotional, sexy, heart-filled stories about boys who usually like to be a little bit bad.

Her bestselling series include THE REGRET SERIES, CLOSER TO YOU, BLEEDING STARS, FIGHT FOR ME, CONFESSIONS OF THE HEART, FALLING STARS, and REDEMPTION HILLS novels. Be on the lookout for her upcoming single dad, fake fiancee romance PROMISE ME ALWAYS, coming January 30th!

If she’s not writing, you can find her hanging out by the pool with her family, sipping cocktails with her friends, or of course with her nose buried in a book.

GET TO KNOW ME EVERYWHERE

Website: www.aljacksonauthor.com
Facebook: facebook.com/aljacksonauthor
Twitter: @aljacksonauthor
Instagram: @aljacksonauthor
Snapchat: aljacksonauthor
Newsletter: http://smarturl.it/NewsFromALJackson
Reader Group: http://smarturl.it/AmysAngelsRock

Text "aljackson" to 33222 for special updates!

Want to know what music inspires my books?
I have book specific playlists on Spotify!

Represent by Brower Literary & Management
subrights@browerliterary.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
216 (4%)
1 star
70 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 557 reviews
Profile Image for Christy.
3,706 reviews31.5k followers
June 26, 2014
4 JARED Stars!!!!

photo 112d9e11-07e4-4794-893d-2434c2387f70_zps2fac425b.jpg

The continuation of Jared and Aly’s story… When I first read Come to Me Quietly, I fell for Jared Holt. I love my boys damaged and he was beautifully broken. Jared has overcome so many obstacles, but he still has a long way to go to fight all the demons from his past.
I always thought I’d be her ruin. But right then, I was pretty sure she’d be mine. My faultless demise. Because I’d suffer for her. Bear all her burden and her blame. Would gladly die for her. The most terrifying part of it all was that I was willing to live for her.

After years of Jared struggling to get through day to day, he’s finally found something to live for. He has Aly. She is his family now. She is his everything. I loved seeing this extremely devoted side of Jared. Now that he and Aly aren’t hiding their relationship from everyone, they can be together.

photo c63de0d1-8fbf-4c4c-b4f4-2cd7fd51a2a5_zps97aefaae.jpg

Jared is protective. He’s finally found some happiness in Aly, and he’s not willing to let her go. He will do anything in his power to keep her happy. It’s obvious how much he wants her and needs her. He is dependent on her. Sometimes, Aly is the only thing keeping Jared together.
“There was no stopping it… the way you worked yourself right into my heart. You took it over, Aly. You made me feel something real again when I believed all I could feel was hate. I can’t live without you, baby… can’t sleep without you… can’t breathe without you.”

Aly has always been in love with Jared Holt. Now, she finally has him

photo 10f06099-3c23-47b8-a0d7-550c493bbecc_zps0f90dfe6.jpg

Jared and Aly's romance is beautiful, but their story is also heartbreaking and emotional. Jared feels so undeserving of Aly’s love. He can’t get over the past. His guilt consumes him. He is fighting a battle with his past, with himself, and it’s hurting his relationship. Aly can tell Jared isn’t right, and until he can let her help him, their relationship will never be perfect.
“I love you more than I could ever tell you. And I’m scared because I feel you slipping away. Every day it feels like another piece of you is stolen from me and one day I’m going to lose you. I can feel it, Jared. All the hurt you keep hidden inside is going to wreck you. Wreck us.”

If Jared isn’t willing to fight his demons for himself, will he be able to fight them for Aly? For their future? Aly might be the only person who can save this broken man. Make him whole and bring him back to life.

photo 0e9b77f8-2bca-4c2b-885a-5d827f8eaff6_zpse6fa144b.jpg

Although this story wasn’t quite as good as the first for me, I still enjoyed it. It was an emotional journey. I love both of the main characters, and AL Jackson’s writing is fabulous. I’ve really enjoyed this series and even though Jared and Aly’s story is at an end, I’m sure we will see more of them in Christopher’s book (Come to Me Recklessly), which I’m very excited to read!
Profile Image for A.L. Jackson.
Author 74 books11.9k followers
May 19, 2014
I always think the more books I write, the easier they will come. But I've found that is most definitely not true. This book ended up taking me four more months than it was supposed to, and was delivered months late to my publisher. But I found myself completely lost in Jared and Aly's story, wanting to give them the "true" story...how I would see their lives transpiring if they were real, the way the feel to me.

I can only pray I've done these two justice in their final chapter in the Closer to You series.
Profile Image for Sarah Elizabeth.
4,670 reviews1,268 followers
December 5, 2015
“We’re going to have a baby.”

This was an okay NA contemporary romance, but boy did these guys move quick!

I really felt for Aly in this book, telling her parents that she was pregnant really didn’t go down well, although I couldn’t really blame them for being upset!

Aly and Jared seemed to move so quickly in this book! They went from being pregnant to being engaged and having a house so quickly I’m surprised they didn’t get whiplash! That being said, the pace for the rest of the book dragged, and we just seemed to get the same problems repeated again and again. I also got sick of Jared’s ‘motherf*cking trigger’ statement which kept cropping up.

The ending to this was fairly happy, but I hope we get a bit more of an update on Jared and Aly and the baby in the next book.

6 out of 10
Profile Image for ♥Rachel♥.
1,800 reviews827 followers
June 27, 2014
3.5 Stars

*******Spoilers ahead if you haven’t read the first book.*******

Come to Me Softly picks up with Aleena and Jared’s reunion after three months apart when he realizes he can’t live without her and comes back. Jared is both scared and cautiously excited about Aly’s pregnancy, but he’s is still haunted by the guilt from his past. Jared feels he doesn’t deserve Aly or the happiness she bring, but he’s no longer willing to part with her. So these two commit and resolve to do whatever it takes to make it work.

Aly is beyond thrilled that Jared came back, but at the back of her mind she knows that if Jared doesn’t deal with his guilt and pain they won’t ever be able to make a true go of things. But Aly’s willing to be patient for Jared to realize that he is worthy of their happy future.

“God, Aly, what did I ever do to deserve you?”
I pressed myself to him, to his gorgeous body and the power that radiated from his spirit. That warmth covered me whole. “It doesn’t work like that. We don’t earn love…it’s a gift we’re given.”

My heart went out to Jared both in this story and the first one, because he shouldered so much guilt and pain that he clearly didn’t deserve. I was excited that he wised up enough to realize that he and Aly belonged together. These two were meant to be from childhood. I wanted nothing more than for these two to have their HEA because unrequited love stories always get to me, and there were big payoffs in this installment in that regard. They are so utterly sweet together, and you just feel the intense, burning passion they have for each other. But I knew as a reader that Jared was ticking time bomb waiting to explode. I was happy that it wasn’t near as bad as I expected and that Jared and Aly dealt with things pretty maturely.

Come to Me Softly is beautifully written, and A.L. Jackson really can make you feel all the powerful emotions of her characters. But here’s the tricky part, while I did really enjoy this story, I didn’t love it. I felt Jared and Aly’s inner thoughts were too repetitive. Their feelings on each other and the battles they faced were repeated over and over and I ended up skimming parts because it was too much for me. I just wanted the story to move on. I feel like this story could’ve been shortened by about 50-100 pages. Still, even with that issue, my heart soared with joy for Jared and Aly by the end.

A copy was provided by NAL in exchange for an honest review.

Profile Image for Jacqueline's Reads.
2,730 reviews1,477 followers
February 14, 2015
3.5 CRAZY JARED STARS

I really like this series, Come to Me Softly wasn’t the easiest book to read, and there was plenty of drama and tension. There were some high notes and some short ones as well.

Jared and Aly are trying to build a future together. Jared came back after months of going on a bender. He wants nothing more than to prove his love and worth to his girl. Aly is pregnant and is so happy Jared came back, but she knows this doesn’t fix everything in their relationship.

Come to Me Softly is their story, a story of Jared and his past issues, Aly and her pregnancy and dealing with Jared and all his crazy.

“I love you, Aly More. You know that, don’t you?”

“Of course I know that.” I knew it long before he knew it himself

Two words to describe Come to Me Softly is - > CRAZY JARED. He’s CRAZY! Yeah I had to say it again. I love the intensity of Jared and Aly’s relationship. I am a big fan of can’t-breathe-without-each-other kind of love and Jared and Aly have that.

Despite all the hate I harbored inside, this girl still managed to make me love her.

When Jared comes back, he knows he messed up big time. He never really dealt with the issues that caused him to run away, but he knows he needs his Aly. In some ways Aly has become his drug and she makes him happy. Jared does everything he can to prove to Aly and Christopher (Aly’s brother) that Jared is the man for Aly.

We always know Aly accepts Jared back in warm graces. She however has her pregnancy to think about. It seems like it’s all warm and fuzzy at first, but it there’s something off about Jared and she wants him to just get better.

God, I love this man with all of my life. And I would never stop.

All I want is for you to live. To be Free

Towards the ending, things become to unravel and I felt like the pace really picked up. I think I enjoyed the ending the most, as much as I wanted to pull my hair out due to frustration. It was plenty of angsty.

I was a little disappointed with the pace and tone. I felt the read was a bit too long and a bit too descriptive. I understand there needs to be chapters of us understanding what goes on in Aly and Jared’s head, but sometimes (and most likely) I just want dialogue. I’ve never been fond of descriptive writing, so this is a personal taste.

I enjoyed the continued story of Jared and Aly and I appreciate that sometimes love can’t be enough to fix yourself. Sometimes you need to find it in yourself to get better.

An ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review. Quotes subject to change

Series Order
Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You, #1) by A.L. Jackson REVIEW | AMAZON

Come to Me Softly (Closer to You, #2) by A.L. Jackson AMAZON
Profile Image for Candace.
1,174 reviews4,127 followers
October 30, 2015
The story picks up where book 1 left off. Jared is on a downward spiral, racing toward his rock bottom. Allie is heartbroken and struggling with her new reality, in the absence of Jared. Simply put, they're a mess!

The story gains momentum quickly, when Jared returns to Allie and they begin to repair the damage. This book is much more uplifting than the first, with a large portion devoted to the evolution of their relationship, focusing on their happy times together as a couple.

However, not everyone else is optimistic or supportive of their relationship. They have to face-off against many others and prove themselves in a sense.

When Allie's dad flips out on Jared at Thanksgiving. I was appalled and angry. Even if Jared could be a bit too much at times with his desire to punish himself, at least I could understand the guilt and psychological trauma that he lived with. Allie's dad had no excuse for his behavior. He was just an ass!

I'm glad that Allie and Jared get their HEA. Jared got it together finally and that was long overdue. All in all, this was a good book and brought everything full-circle. :)
Profile Image for Nikki.
255 reviews38 followers
June 25, 2014
2 Did we really need another book for that Stars? description
Ding, ding, ding...right answer.

So we all know the 1st book's ending was somewhat open ended cause we knew we were getting another book. Hence what I like to call the 2nd book curse. Rushed ending in 1st book leads to pointless dribble in 2nd book. There was no need for this at all. Could have addressed some of Jared's issues in the last book and a nice EPILOGUE would have been just fine and dandy. Seems like someone forgot what an epilogue is for...let me help :)

Epilogue, noun, a section or speech at the end of a book or play that serves as a comment on or a conclusion to what has happened.

See that wasn't so hard was it? Cause I just read like a 300 page epilogue full of fluff and back and forth that could have been done so easily in like a chapter.

So an overall summary…Jared has issues. Aly is an angel and they try to deal with HIS issues throughout the entire book. Sound familiar? Does it sound like the 1st book?
description
There was of course a bit more to the story, so if you are interested and don’t mind spoilers, here is the basic gist of what happened:

I really did enjoy the 1st book, just disappointed that there wasn’t more to this story. I was bored pretty much the whole time and skimmed through 75% of the book in hopes something would happen. If you liked the 1st book, I guess it worth a shot, but IMO, would just pass :(
Profile Image for AJ.
2,802 reviews912 followers
August 5, 2016
3 stars - so many feels, too little story

The sequel to the highly emotional Come to Me Quietly gives us the follow up to Jared and Aly’s story and we get to see them move forward with lots of detail, lots of swoon, and a beautifully happy ending that these two characters thoroughly deserve.

Warning - this will be a little spoilery if you haven't read the first book.

This book picks up the morning after Come to Me Quietly finished, with Jared and Aly revelling in their reunion. Jared is still broken, but he knows that he can’t live his life without Aly in it, and he is finally accepting of his importance in Aly’s life, and how much she loves him. He still believes he isn’t good enough, but he needs her too much to walk away.

The significance of what Jared and Aly mean to each other is a huge part of this book, and there is a lot of time spent exploring that. Jared, in particular, clings to Aly as the only light in his life.

“Without you, I don’t have anything. And you’ve given me everything.”

Maybe…just maybe…there was something in this fucked-up world I was supposed to be living for. Last night had only confirmed it. I was living for her.

But despite the happiness that the two of them have finally found together, he doesn’t know how to atone for his past, and his guilt and self-hatred slowly continue to consume him.

Shame twisted through me on a gale-force wind – flashes of … what I had done. They all clashed in a violent fury against the love I’d found in this life, and the light that was Aly.

The battles that Jared goes through are absolutely heartbreaking – for both him and Aly. Although it takes a long time to get there, I really like the way that his big moment comes about, and I felt so proud of him when he finally started dealing with his demons. . And through it all Aly continues to be her fantastic and supportive self. She loves Jared with everything in her. She believes in him, and is so committed to him, and I love the way she stands by him without question.

This man was mine.
Volatile yet pure.
Corrupted yet worthy.
My beautifully broken boy.

I’m a huge fan of AL Jackson, and love the way she writes, but I must confess I struggled with this one. To me, it felt like an overly extended epilogue. There are pages and pages and pages of the two of them gushing about their love for each other – both in dialogue, but more frequently as an inner monologue. It’s beautifully swoony, but it got to be a little OTT even for me, and I am a self-declared sap of the highest order! And for a huge proportion of the book, that was pretty much all that was happening in the story. Yes, Jared and Aly were moving forward, but it was all dragged out in such minute detail (with yet another overlay of love and gushing) that I found myself getting bored, and I actually had to put this book down and go off and read something else. Twice!

This is definitely a book for mad Jared and Aly fans who want lots of love and gush, and who want to witness every single little moment of them moving on in their lives together. The writing is beautifully emotive, and I’m glad I persevered with the book – it was worth it for the story that takes place in the final 20%.

So yeah, mixed feelings, but I’m generally satisfied. 3 stars.

An advanced copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Cristina.
644 reviews207 followers
November 10, 2014
Most definitely, I enjoyed the first book more than this. In fact, what was the point of this one? A small misunderstand and let the happily after proceed. For one, this one was lengthier and I don't know how or why. Unfortunately, I lost interest somewhere in the story and never found it again. How I finished this? No idea.
Profile Image for Jen.
699 reviews128 followers
July 23, 2014
5 Call Me Seduced Stars

I absolutely loved this story! Jared Holt is a favorite book boyfriend of mine. Jared and Aly’s story is one that I won’t soon forget.

”Even as damaged as I knew he was, this gorgeous man was my perfection.”

Jared and Aly are finally together, but just because he came back doesn’t mean that things are going to be perfect now. Jared has a lot of demons in his past that he still has to face.

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There’s nowhere we can hide

“Promise me you won't run when it gets ugly, Jared. Because life always does, and I can't bear the thought of living without you in mine."

Aly gives Jared a new meaning of what “family” is and how things can be if only he can face his demons and finally put his past in the past.

”Aly was everywhere. I felt her life in my veins, because she’d breathed hers into mine. All of me belonged to her because before her, I’d been nothing. Nonexistent. Worthless. Now I meant something to someone. Someone was relying on me, and that reality fucking terrified me.”

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside
It’s where my demons hide

I love all of A.L. Jackson’s stories that I’ve read so far. They are very powerful and emotional reads. This was a great story and perfect ending for this couple. And that epilogue! OMG! Perfection! I can’t wait to read Christopher’s story and meet the girl that brings him to his knees.

Lyrics by Imagine Dragons – Demons
Profile Image for S.M. West.
Author 31 books1,050 followers
July 21, 2014
4 ‘ALL COCONUT, AND GOOD AND GIRL’ STARS

This was a beautiful conclusion to Aly and Jared's story and also a great set up for Christopher’s book! I fell for Jared Holt in Come to Me Quietly. He is truly a beautifully, broken boy (just how I love them)and despite the love of Aleena Moore, he still had a long was to go.

Jared is haunted by his past and the demons that plague him night and day. He feels unworthy of the beauty, the good and the love of Aly but can’t and won’t leave her.

photo ComeAL_zpsa96bc912.jpg

This book was about the unbearably difficult road to healing and forgiving. Forgiveness is hard for most but the hardest of all is forgiving oneself. It’s evident that Jared hates himself and is so stuck on punishing himself for the past that he can’t move on. Despite the wonderfully great lengths he goes to love, protect and cherish Aly.

photo Comequtoe2_zps58c97414.jpg

I really enjoyed this. It was an emotional ride with some really hard and sad moments but also some much needed closure for both Jared and I think for me too as the reader.

AL Jackson’s writing was absolutely superb and so poetic in the way she weaves together this achingly beautiful story of love, betrayal, forgiveness and good.

photo Comequote_zps87a63c7e.jpg

I'm looking forward to Christopher’s book and hopefully getting peeks into Jared and Aly’s life.
Profile Image for Fanny.
2,107 reviews54 followers
Read
July 19, 2017

DNF At 28%.

Despues de llevar tanto tiempo leyendo he desarrollado un instinto muy bueno en cuanto a libros, esta historia no me llamaba nada la atencion pero odio dejar sagas a medias, me hace sentir culpable ( manias que tiene una ), asi que no estoy sorprendida de no haber terminado esta lectura.

Hace bastante tiempo que lei la primera parte, lo poco que recuerdo es que me gusto bastante ( le puse cinco estrellas, puntuacion que voy a revisar xDD ) aun asi no podia quitarme la sensacion de que esta segunda parte no me convenceria, en parte porque me parecia innecesaria.

Mi principal problema con esta novela fue la forma en la que esta escrita, se me hizo aburrida, densa, pesada, eterna y muy muy sosa, por alguna razon no podia conectar con la historia ni con la pareja protagonista, ademas lo poco que lei lo hice obligada para ver si despues de un par de capitulos la cosa mejoraba, desgraciadamente esta novela acabo con mi paciencia.

Y aunque como ya dije no me siento comoda dejando libros a medio, voy a seguir mi lema : porque leer una historia que no te satisface cuando hay miles de libros que te hacen pasar momentos maravillosos?

En fin, esta lectura fue un total desastre, aunque no puedo decir que me tomara por sorpresa.
Profile Image for Julie.
750 reviews147 followers
October 30, 2017
YIPPEE!

What an outstanding conclusion. I just loved those 2! Oh, Jared... my love, he just kept melting me at every turn.
Profile Image for Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**.
1,368 reviews649 followers
Read
December 7, 2022

***DNF***

Time of Death: 41 pages

With each page I read, I felt myself sinking into a reading slump and well . . .

No-maam GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

This is way too repetitive. So far it's been nothing but non-stop monologues about how Aly and Jared are soulmates and belong together, and Jared's demons and past mistakes.

Nothing has really been setup for what this 400 page sequel is going to be about, and that pops up some serious red flags . . . my least favorite kind of red flags . . . unnecessary drama.

After finishing Come to Me Quietly, I knew there were things that Jared needed to work through, and some serious conversations that Jared and Aly needed to have, but there's not that much that it warrants a whole second book . . . which again makes me automatically think . . . drama.

Me thinks this second book could have been a novella, or the story could have been tightened up and published as one book.

Either way, I'm jumping ship.
Profile Image for Tahsin.
1,151 reviews86 followers
August 9, 2014
now, this book was like a really long extended epilogue in the making. it could have been a fucklot shorter since nothing really happened until around the last 20%. and i've noticed in when i read her other books too - the characters she tries to make into heroes, or at least the good guy, i end up really not liking them. i don't give a fuck. you didn't try hard enough. your fucking fault. don't come begging for forgiveness now and expect rainbows and sunshine to come out of my ass.
Profile Image for Madeline A..
Author 2 books109 followers
July 10, 2016
If you don't like so much drama in a second chance romance , than this book is for you. Personally, I like more challenges and obstacles to work through. AL Jackson is an extremely talented writer, however I would have liked to see more aspiration for Jared's character besides his love for Aly. No one can argue that Jared and Aly had intense feelings for each other and belonged together , but I like more drama in my books!!!
Profile Image for Abbie.
1,976 reviews584 followers
December 6, 2015
The character were okay, but there were points where they annoyed me.

Quite a few things happened in this installment, but it still dragged rather badly for me unfortunately.

Overall, An okay read.
Profile Image for Michele.
533 reviews46 followers
June 11, 2015
I received an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Five stars just aren't enough!

This story was heartbreakingly beautiful! My heart was bleeding for Jared the entire time. He is such a broken man with his past, but you can see that his heart really is made of gold. Then there is Aly who is such a wonderful person and can see that Jared struggles every day, and tries to help him as much as she can. You can feel the love between these two and you are constantly rooting for them, even though there may be others in the story that say they shouldn’t be together.

The story starts off right where Come to me Quietly ended. Jared has come back to Aly to find out that she is pregnant. He’s finally realized that she was meant for him, and even though he thinks he doesn’t deserve her and happiness, he plans on staying. Now that he is staying, he feels that he needs to prove to himself, and to everyone else, that he deserves to be with Aly. So he starts to do everything and anything he can to make her happy. As time goes on and some events happen, Jared’s demons start to try to take over. Aly is even starting to take notice.

Here are just a few quotes that show some of Jared’s internal struggle:

“I stared at my eyes. They seemed much too bright. To alive……. What happened when I lost it all?”

“This girl. I swear to God, she was something else. So fucking sexy and unbearably sweet. I’d be damned if I didn’t do this for her. For once in my miserable life, I needed to stand up for something that was right…..Still a slow dread simmered under it all, marching like an army of ants beneath my skin, burning a fiery path as they worked their way out.”

“She was the only one who understood. The only one who got me, as much of a fucking nightmare as I was, my moods manic, surging from one extreme to the other… They’d been worse lately. Brewing. I could feel it….. I wasn’t a fool enough to know why”

Aly knows that Jared uses her to soothe his demons and insecurities. She also knows that if he would face his past he would be able to come to terms that what happened wasn’t his fault he would finally be free to be the boy she once knew. The only problem is trying to convince Jared that this is something that he needs to do. Now while she is currently growing with the pregnancy, she tries even more to encourage Jared to go and talk to someone, so that he can finally see that man that she sees inside.

One night will change everything that Jared and Aly have been working towards. Will what happens totally destroy what they have? Or will this make their relationship even stronger?

Will Jared and Aly ever get that happy ever after they deserve more than anyone?

You’ll just have to read the book and see!

AL Jackson has a way of connecting you to the characters to the point that you can FEEL their emotions. You feel every single emotion that they go through and you're completely drained when the story is finished. I laughed and cried with the characters and enjoyed every second! You’ll want to have a box of Kleenex with you, but you definitely don’t want to miss out on this book! I absolutely can’t wait to see what AL Jackson has coming up next!
Profile Image for Chris- Bookaddict.
884 reviews255 followers
August 16, 2016
What an Amazing ending to one breathtakingly beautiful story. I LOVED every single minute of Jared and Aly. Right from the start A.L. pulls you in and keeps you turning pages to the very end.
Come To Me Softly picks up right where Come To Me Quietly ended. So please make sure you read the first book in this series before reading this one.

A second chance at life…
A second chance at love…

Jared did not think he deserved either one of these until he met Aly. Running from his past, he knows that until he faces it head on he cannot have a future with Aly without finally putting the past to rest. When he decides to face it he encounters more than he bargained for: a dangerous mix of jealousy, lies, and dishonest intentions. When those intentions threaten Aly, Jared loses all control, giving into the rage that earned him his bad boy reputation years before. Jared does not believe he deserves to be happy and have a life with Aly. He thinks he should remain miserable and have nothing great in his life.

Jared, what is there not to love about him? NOTHING!!! Jared is so amazing in this story.

“Jared, "I like anything that ends in you and me.”

The love that Aly and Jared have for each other is so powerful and all consuming that you just root for them from the first pages of the story. You wish for their happily ever after no matter what.

Aly, I loved how she was with Jared when he came back. I love how she knew he needed to put his past to rest before having a future with her. I Absolutely LOVED how she stood right by his side and never faltered from it. She is is trigger as well as the breath he breathes. He needs her like he has never needed anyone before.

“I can't live without you, baby . . . can't sleep without you . . . can't breathe without you."

“Even as damaged as I knew he was, this gorgeous man was my perfection.”

There is a lot of struggles that Jared must get through before we see him get his Happily Ever After. We see firsthand what Aly will do to help him.

“I once believed I'd take whatever piece of him he was willing to give. That was no longer good enough. I wanted it all.”

That is all you get from me. I do not wish to spoil this for anyone. I will say this… If you have not read this series yet, YOU are totally missing out on one fantastic Series and you should scoop it up now.
Profile Image for Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ.
229 reviews241 followers
August 3, 2015

Emotional, Intense and beautiful Love story
Come to Me Softly is Jared’s path to Redemption, Forgiveness, Peace and Acceptance.

The story is kind of predictable as we know Aleena and Jared reunite at the end of Come to me quietly, this sequel is about their struggling future together. Jared is still broken, filled with hatred and disgust, harbors demons of his past and still thinks he unworthy of love that he doesn't deserve beautiful soul like Aly. But only thing keeping him sane is Aly. Aly on other hand wants to help Jared, sees him running from his past, she knows he thinks he doesn’t deserve to be loved as he works hard to keep her happy, protects her and always promising to love her immensely.

description

“I knew every second where I belonged. Nothing in this world is right unless I’m here with you.”

I loved the story but not as much as its prequel. Their thoughts were repetitive most of the time. First half was slow it was really not going anywhere, nevertheless dialogues were romantic and the way A.L Jackson writes their feelings and their intimate scene it’s just breath taking.

Profile Image for Kei • fiction court •.
775 reviews89 followers
August 19, 2014
2 stars - an okay read - only because those characters were amazing on the first book!

Did we really need another book?

The first book of the series would have been amazing if the author had squeezed in a couple of chapters about Jared and his family. That's how unnecessary this book was. Full of crying, and drama, and Jared feeling sorry for himself and  not good enough, a lot of I love yous - like A LOT! - and family drama, basically everyone hating him and him running away and punching things.

I'll forever love the first book but this... I don't know what this is. To be honest I was only reading just because I fell in love with these two people and I didn't want to let go but overall, the first book, cliffy and all, would have been fine.
Profile Image for Sakuranko.
478 reviews56 followers
December 2, 2016
This was a good book. But wasn´t very exciting for me.
I am sorry but I added a star thanks to that end and Aleena.
This book was nice.
June 26, 2014
Come to Me Softly is an unpredictable roller coaster ride of gut wrenching emotion. Told in alternating points of view from Jared and Aly's point of view, the reader is allowed an all encompassing insight into the turmoil, the internal struggle, and the all consuming love of both of these characters.

Come to Me Softly begins exactly where the first book, Come to Me Quietly, left off. With the return of Jared after a three month disappearance, the road for these characters feels impossibly long and difficult. The love these two characters feel for each other bleeds off the pages. You can't help, as the reader, but to feel completely caught up in this suffocating romance. But Jared's inner monologue, his constant battle within to suppress any flicker of hope and joy he feels because of the exorbitant amount of guilt and shame he can't escape, is stifling. A.L. Jackson wrote this story so perfectly and painfully detailed that Jared's pain is a tangible thing, a third character in this story. As Aly and Jared try to move on into the next chapter of their relationship, this secondary entity, his fear and shame and grief, are the invisible obstacle, the mistress in this story, preventing their happy ending from ever coming to fruition.

This story is so brutal, so hopeful, so heartbreaking. It may be one of the most profoundly heartbreaking stories I've ever read. Jared's journey back to Aly is an impossibly difficult one. Their struggle to build something beautiful from the ruins of his past, to erect a home and a happy ending on an unstable foundation of loss and fear, to dream about a beautiful future when he can't escape the nightmare of his past... this dark and gritty love story had me weaving between such an array of emotions, there's never a single moment where I wasn't feeling something.

This author is one of the most beautiful story tellers a reader can have the privilege of discovering in the NA romance world. Her words come together in such a magical way on the pages of her stories. A. L. Jackson makes you feel, both the good and the bad, the joyful and the heartbreaking, the hope and the despair. She captivates with her words and consumes with her stories. Her books do what so few books do today. They infiltrate you from the inside out, completely decimating you and making you whole again. And that sweet invasion that only this author can deliver, is one a reader will seek out again and again.
Profile Image for Natasha.
201 reviews2 followers
July 4, 2015
4 come to me softly stars!

photo image_zpst3dtotmn.jpg

This book continues on from where number one left off.

Jared is trying so hard to give Aleena everything she deserves and to make her happy. Things are going well for these two progressing nicely except when Jared has dinner with Aleena's family for thanksgiving. Aleena's dad is not happy to see Jared and firth more isn't happy to see his daughter in a relationship with a man who is self destructive.

These two face a lot of obstacles and Jared's self loathing is on top of the list.

I enjoyed this book and seeing how far these two come and how beautiful their relationship is. I just felt that Jared's resolution with his past happened to fast.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 557 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.