Start by marking “Ruin (Songs of Corruption, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ruin (Songs of Corruption, #2)

Ruin

(Corruption #2)

Antonio is a killer.
He's beautiful, educated, a prodigy of a thief and as violent a motherfucker as ever came of the boat from Napoli.

Theresa knows it, but that doesn't stop her from getting emotionally and physically entangled with him, and this is how, maybe, she got it in her head that she can protect him.

But it's not her job to save him, and she's just not getting th
Published October 14th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Ruin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruin

Michelle
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Screenshot_21

Theresa Drazen was pure, innocent, all class; until Antonio Spinelli blew into her life... into her world. Now the heiress is dropping the façade of perfection and allowing her love for her capo strip her bare.

Antonio saw something in Theresa that held a glimmer of hope for a life that he handed over years ago, a life he gave up in the name of vengeance. But that life that he thought he would never want again is the one thing he can’t live without.

As Antonio tries to protect Theresa from his l
DKristin
"Please, fuck me good." "Fuck me hard. Use me like the punk you are."
"This good, Contessa?" "This how you want it?"
"Capo," I groaned. "Fuck."
"Those words," he whispered.
"Destroy me."
"You're ruined, amore. Rovinata."

Chapter 1 my friends... and what did this tell me??? That C.D. Reiss, did not come here to fuck around. These two pick up right where they left off, explosive and volatile, passionate about each other to the point of degradation and pain. This is the story of a modern day Rome
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
As always, every time I write a "review" on any of CD’s books, I feel like I need some time to collect my thoughts, take a deep breath and let my emotions re-adjust and re-settle. That’s the kind of ride she takes me on every single time, seriously…

So the story of the Napoli prince and the LA princess continues. Antonio, bound by tradition and honor and obligation and guilt and responsibility who’s damned if he does (stay, leave, love, whatever it is he does) and damned if he doesn’t. And Theres
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo ReissSpin2TitebySueBee_zps1096dfd7.jpg
 photo SoC2storyxBTbysb_zps683e81a2.gif
 photo SoC2revendBQbysb_zps5129a0b7.gif
★★★★★! RUIN, book 2 of 3. Alleged mobster Antonio Spinelli & Theresa Drazen act on their attraction amidst the chaotic worlds of money, politics, movies, mafia & corruption!

“Antonio, the catalyst of my dissolution, the destroyer of my façade.”

Songs of Corruption is the whirlwind saga of alleged mobster Antonio Spinelli and Theresa Drazen. It’s a sequel series to Songs of Submission and Songs of Perdition and thus most enjoyed if read after and in order:
Book 1: Spin
Book 2: Ruin
Bo
Candace
It had been a really long time since I'd read the first book in this series, but I thought I'd pick it back up again. To say that the details were hazy is putting it mildly. I probably should have gone back and done a reread of the first one, but I'm too lazy to do that. Instead, I pushed onward, hoping that eventually it'd all come back to me.

Unfortunately, it didn't. Beyond a vague remembrance of Theresa and Spin together and a mob shoot-out near the end, the details are lost to me. I think e
C.D. Reiss
Sep 11, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Release is Oct 14.
I hope you like it.
Christy
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Destroyed stars!

photo bd5ba6f3-7845-4d2f-9f8d-fd64ccb07766_zpsdf72dc91.jpg
“Maybe I was destined to be destroyed.”

After reading Spin, I was grateful I was able to jump right into Ruin. I wasted no time at all, starting it the minute I finished book one. This was one of those fast paced stories that I couldn’t put down until the end. It was intense. From start to end.

Theresa Drazen and Antonio Spinelli are trying to maneuver a relationship together. It is not easy. They come from two different worlds. Theresa’s life has changed drastically since s
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review

A sexy 5 STAR mafia story with a red hot hero.

Old vendettas. Murder. Laws. Messages. Vows..... LOVE Sex. HOT, ANIMALISTIC coupling. All of this take center stage in Ruin Songs of Corruption Book Two and at the heart of it all, the stars of our corruption....
Antonio Spinelli and Theresa Drazen.

Ruin is about destiny....

What are Antonio and Theresa prepared to do in the name of love? What are they willing to give up? To lose? To protect? Will fate take its own course of action?

Ruin's wonderfully
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Ruin is LIVE on AMZ!

5+++ Action-packed, intense stars!

photo 70130E3E-C212-4C8B-B740-E5488C9F2114_zpsifu9fohx.jpg

Ruin,
book two in the Songs of Corruption series, picks up on the heals of Spin. If you haven't started this series yet, first of all, START, and second of all, stop now, as this review contains spoilers for Spin.

Antonio Spinelli, Italian mafia capo, fell in love with Theresa Drazen when he first set eyes on her in a dark parking lot, nursing her drunk sister. They were being attacked by a punk in a Porsche, his need to protect her almost fe
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 I need some Valerian after reading this STARS

“His lips were a promise, a blood bond, a kiss of greeting and goodbye, and the years in between.”

I know, I know...I'm late. Tell me something I don't know. But I'm cleaning out my TBR and this one was right on top of my must reads. So, I did a little Spin re-read first and my god, it's even better the second time around.

Suffice to say that I was beyond excited to start Ruin. And it didn't disappoint.

I love C.D. Reiss and her Songs of Submissi
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
6 Stars Yes 6******

photo DC5AC701-4E63-453C-B9FA-9575492E89A4_zpsuvrrdry6.jpg

First of all I want to apologise for the amount of Art I have made while reading Ruin and the run up to this book I couldn't stop myself therefore this really is going to be a creative review more so than words really cause this book is one big beautiful quote.

I have to be honest with you about my experience while reading Spin I enjoyed the first instalment but it wasn't my favourite, that could have been a time thing but I didn't adore it and feel completely compelled to ke
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: C.D.Reiss Fans, Erotica, Everyone
4.5 Next Step Into Their World Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
It is no secret I have a deep affection for stories which drag me into their world from the start... To be captivated... to be compelled to become one with the book is the absolute best...
And for some authors this is their skill....their personal calling...and in my opinion, C.D.Reiss is one of the best.

What is so telling about the way Ms. Reiss weaves her stories is we read the words on the page and our brain translates them to movi
~IreneOust~
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of CD Reiss/mafia romance
Shelves: 4d

☆☆☆☆

This is one of the hardest reviews I've written when it comes to CD Reiss' work because I really only have two ultimate favorite authors and she happens to be one of them.

I finished 'RUIN' on Saturday night and spent all day Sunday thinking what exactly didn't work for me in this book. I finally figured it out - I can't relate to Theresa.

Let me explain ...

I usually LOATHE when people review books and say stuff like "I would never do this IRL so I am lowering my rating because of this and th
Beverly
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Ruin me Stars

Ruin will pull you in immediately and keep you guessing until the very end, never mind I am still guessing and I have finished it. I liked the pace much more then Spin, I liked how we got to see Capo and Theresa as a couple.

I am not an expert on the mob or organized crime, but I am expert on someone who is pretty much straight laced and tries to always do the right thing. I was pretty surprised at how quickly Theresa changed from a person who couldn’t say fuck, to a person who wa
Kathleen
Heat Level ~ 4 Stars
Ending ~ To Continue
Overall Rating ~ 4.5 Stars

photo 8c39c768-3506-472f-82e8-44b107494670_zpss1fhy6ry.jpg

Ruin Starts off where Spin leaves off. For me this series got a lot better the deeper into the story line. With Ruin we got a whole lot more action going on and for me that is always a plus. Antonia and Theresa also got a lot closer too. I am totally hooked into the story line and also invested in this couple.

You may wonder why I
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 5++ "God I love my Capo! ♥♥♥" STARS **

There are already lots of perfectly beautiful reviews by my pals about this book, so I'll keep this simple:

ANTONIO SPINELLI: Absolute perfection.

THERESA DRAZEN: The best kind of female lead you could imagine.

C.D. REISS: One of the best f*cking authors EVER.

We can only pretend we're clean inside for so long before we crack, and the darkness starts spilling out.

S.M. West
5++++++ BEYOND RUINED STARS

Of course, this was another EPIC BR with the CANARIES!

I’m still in ruins from the brilliance of this story. This really isn't a review but a highlight in CDR’s words. IMHO, this is her best work - so far…every word is PERFECTION. And that is saying A LOT because her books are marvellous!

They’re like a polished, vibrantly rich and complex vintage red wine with just the right amount of tart and acid mingling ever so gently with lively fruit that leaves you with a subli
TORI
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
6 "Thoroughly Corrupted" Stars

C. D. Reiss has done it yet again! ABSOLUTE BRILLIANCE. If you're not reading this series, what the f**k are you waiting on? The woman is truly in a league of her own. When I try to find a word to describe how I feel about her writing, delicious comes to mind. Think about how you feel when you're eating your absolute favorite food. Then imagine your brain feeling like that while reading. I know...deep s#it...but that's the only way I can describe it. It's mind des
Pam
4.5 love and ruin stars

Theresa and Antonio’s volatile relationship continue in a path that can only lead to Ruin The line between life and death is tested over and over by family, obligation and power. Their love may be all consuming and true, but they were doomed from the start, it’s a matter of realizing the depths of what one will do to keep the one you need more than life by your side.
"You are everything that will destroy me...you made me dream I could be free, when I’d forgotten I was in
❤️ Diana ❤️
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ruin picks up where Spin left off. We learned in Spin that Antonio and Theresa have an immediate and intense attraction and Theresa Drazen, a non-Italian has totally captivated Antonio Spinelli.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

In Ruin we learn that yes indeed they do love each other, but what would you do for love?? Would you kill?, defend? Protect? Even Die? How far would you go in the name of love??

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

As two mafia families plan to unite through marriage , (The Bortolusi's and The Lei's) , the pressure builds for Antonio (the
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Bellissime Stelle

photo RuinCollage_zps54e19300.jpg

The story of Antonio "Spin" Spinelle and Theresa Drazen continues. The Capo and his Contessa and their struggle to be together, to share a life, even though they know the odds of succeeding are slim. In the Mafia world, rules are meant to be followed and if they aren't, there is a consequence to pay. Spin didn't seek out Theresa, she just appeared and she set him off course. They are from two different worlds and when those worlds collide, explosions occur, both good and bad.
~ Becs ~
Now Available From Amazon

Antonio, the catalyst for my dissolution, the destroyer of my façade, put his lips to the back of my neck. I didn’t know who I was anymore, but I was his.

And I wept.

photo Ruinquoteypic_zps9a45a304.jpg

Outstanding in every possible way and arguably CD Reiss’s greatest writing achievement to date, Ruin is unleashed upon us in a torrent of love, sex, betrayal and revenge. This is a beautifully paced, grippingly written and overwhelmingly well crafted gem of a book that will be forever engraved on my memory as
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
Antonio/CAPO is BACK

description
Do you know this feeling when you are waiting for a book and it's finally there? I haven't met Antonio for long but damn I had to wait 2-3 weeks and it feels like forever! I needed my fill of bad boy Capo and I'm so happy I got the chance to have an ARC. It doesn't happen a lot so I felt privileged and especially because it was about the perfect mafia/mob CAPO Antonio!

description

For those who have already read Spin , go and jump immediately in this one!
The story picks up where it left
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
description

5 - ‘Capo our Capo’ Stars!

“There is nothing more dangerous than a man who has lost everything fighting something he fears.” “What does he fear?”

Jenny: CD Reiss is a truly exquisite storyteller. She has the unique ability to caress you with her lyrical prose one minute, whilst whipping you into a frenzy with the utterance of a word the next. I can’t help but become swept up in the hypnotic way she envelopes me in her world with words that are passionate, violent, evocative, vivid, stirring and
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Holy Hell! C.D. Reiss is a bloody genius! I think that Antonio Spinelli could quite honestly be my favorite bad boy of all time!

Not an ounce of give into the light other than the fact that he "wants a good woman." He wants her so much he is willing to leave it all behind...to leave her behind...or to die. One thing was for sure...

“We weren’t going to last, not as a couple. Not as lovers or sinners. She loved me. I owned her.”

Theresa Drazen will have no part of life without Antonio. She has embra
Bj
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, the symbolism and depth of the writing is so profound, my mind was doing mental gymnastics throughout this whole read! If you haven't yet had a chance to experience CD Reiss' incredible world, then you are truly missing out. Her writing is in a class of its own. From the suspense filled scenes to the scorching hot, Capo dominant sex scenes, Ms. Reiss' writing is sure to not only keep you mesmerized but will also keep you guessing until the last moment as to where this fantastic read is goin ...more
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Sadly, I felt this book was little draggy and skimmed heaps. Antonio on the hand is always delicious capo.

photo 73F5B0C2-1472-4C85-9A97-960CB1BA82BA.jpg
Overall, I didn't enjoy this book much as I did for Spin.

Cheers

Happy reading

D xx
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
description

5 - ‘Capo our Capo’ Stars!

L.E. Chamberlin
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: burning-me-up
***5 "Il Libro Perfetto" Stars***

Everything bled. The sun bled gold over the skyline. The deep blue horizon bled over the map of the streets. The trapezoid of light bled across the carpet as the day passed. The smog bled into the cloud.

And so continues the story of Theresa Drazen and Antonio Spinelli as they struggle with good and evil deep in the belly of the L.A. Mob.

Theresa's never really lived. She's been locked away as carefully as one of her porcelain swans, hermetically sealed by the D
C.D.'s Canaries: RUIN Teasers (Songs of Corruption 2) 1495 240 Feb 12, 2015 08:29PM
C.D.'s Canaries: Best Mafia/Mob Books on GoodReads 17 36 Jan 22, 2015 03:19AM
C.D.'s Canaries: Listopia: 2014 Romantic Releases (October to December) 13 19 Nov 14, 2014 03:11AM
C.D.'s Canaries: October's RUIN Challenge!! 30 45 Nov 01, 2014 09:04PM
C.D.'s Canaries: Ruin BR 10/14/14 674 128 Oct 24, 2014 08:56AM
C.D.'s Canaries: Ruthlessly RUINed !! 203 84 Oct 19, 2014 07:55PM
C.D.'s Canaries: Ruin Release Party!! 33 177 Oct 16, 2014 01:49PM
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Four (Red & Wolfe, #4)
  • Come Back (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #2)
  • Touch (Pagano Family, #2)
  • Last Light (Night Owl, #2)
  • Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)
  • Goddess Rising (Complicated Creatures #0.5)
  • Deceptive Innocence: Part 1 (Pure Sin, #1.1)
  • Bend (Bend Anthology)
  • In the Mix (The GEG, #2)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Fortune (Fortune, #2)
CD Reiss is a New York Times bestselling author. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn't pick up she's at the well hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master's degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that

Corruption (3 books)