Start by marking “Spin (Songs of Corruption, #1)” as Want to Read:
Spin (Songs of Corruption, #1)

Spin

(Corruption #1)

Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone.

Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal.

And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from t
Published March 12th 2014 by Fido Publishing (first published March 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Spin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spin

~IreneOust~

C.D. Canaires are going to be Buddy [Re]Reading Spin on September 15th, 2014 to get ready for release of Ruin (which comes out on October 14th, 2014 and can be pre-ordered HERE).

Whether it's your first time meeting Capo or if you are back to revisit our favorite mobster, I hope you can join us here --> SPIN BR thread.

Ciao!

Oct. 3, 2013

Oh baby ... WE HAVE A TITLE!!! And it's 'SPIN' ... as in "my head is SPINning as I wait for this book" (I know, I know! That was lame!).

Get into your sexy Maser
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo ReissSpin1TitebySueBee_zps8bfadc0f.jpg
 photo Spinstorybysb_zpsef166f84.gif
 photo spincarsRebysb_zps9fc6a0aa.gif
★★★★★! Spin, book 1 of 3. Opposite attracts when alleged mob boss Antonio Spinelli & Theresa Drazen’s worlds of politics, movies, money, mafia & corruption collide!

“How straight you are for the world, and how you bend and cry for me. I want to go so deep in you we have the same thoughts.”

Songs of Corruption is the whirlwind saga of alleged mob boss Antonio Spinelli and Theresa Drazen.

It’s a STAND-ALONE sequel series to Songs of Submission and Songs of Dominance and thus most en
❤️ Diana ❤️
How I love the Drazen family. Songs of Corruption is a companion series to Songs of Submission. You can read this series without fear of spoilers for SOS. Although you see glimpses of Jonathan and Monica as this story is the same timeline, their story is in SOS not in SOC. This is Theresa Drazen's (Contessa's) story. A very proper girl who was engaged to a DA who was running for mayor. Until said fiancée acted not so properly and Theresa is on her own and meets the sexy, dangerous mob lawyer and ...more
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
“Capo,” I whispered. **Goosebumps**

Antonio Spinelli, Esq is “….the picture of masculine grace.” He’s a man who keeps his council. Do NOT question him and the underworld in which he lives. There are no measures he will NOT take to PROTECT. I love protector stories and Antonio Spinelli is a protector in the extreme.

Theresa Drazen runs an accountancy department for the biggest agency in Hollywood. She's a clever, wealthy lady with a past of her very own.....

“…..sharing breath and space.” They’re
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5++ Spin can corrupt me all he wants STARS

Come volevi tu, Contessa.

2 days. I've been gathering my thoughts for 2 days after finishing this book in practically one sitting, and I still can't come up with a review that will do it justice. Now I know that the book blurb says that you don't need to read Songs of Corruption before this book in order to understand it, and you don't. But I would highly recommend it. Why? Aside from the biggest reason which is it was hands down, one of the best seri
C.D. Reiss
Sep 11, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I am very excited to introduce Antonio Spinelli.
He's a killer, a criminal, and a man of no little passion.

More details as they occur....
Mo
Mar 09, 2014 rated it liked it

3.5 STARS... I wish Goodreads would let us give half stars .... when I give a half star I never know whether to up it to 4 or leave it at 3....

This one fell a bit short off the mark for me and I have no idea why.

He wore a suit like a woman wore lingerie, to accentuate the sexual

I enjoyed the SoS series. Loved the Irish connection with Jonathan and was looking forward to reading more about his family… well more about his sisters.

"You need a man," she said. "A rebound cock to fuck the sad right
Christy
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5-5 CAPO stars!

photo 195d5a00-6bd5-4954-91b6-d27456cff80c_zps318ad44b.jpg
“What if I die from not loving you?”

This was my very first book by this author, but I’m certain it won’t be my last! C.D. Reiss is one of those authors that all my friends seem to love. And I can absolutely see why. Her writing is fantastic, descriptive in the best kind of way, her hero is just fuckhot, and don’t even get me started on those sex scenes…. wow! It took me a few chapters to get into this, maybe because I didn’t know who anyone
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Strong stars****

photo spin4_zpsd21089ad.jpg

I love Cd Reis's writing, she has a way to pull you in, to enjoy the depth of the plot and fall in love with her characters. I truly am head over heels with her stories, now I enjoyed this one but it didn't hold that 5 star saying that I really believe the more we read these books the more will come out and the more I'll love I do think she's saving the best till last and we'll gain the fireworks on de-finale...

"You need a man," she said. "A rebound cock to fuck the sad rig
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
5--Antonio Can Corrupt Me Anyday--Stars!!

Songs of Corruption is a spin-off from the Songs of Submission series, featuring Theresa Drazen (Jonathan's sister) and Antonio Spinelli. I recommend reading Songs of Submission first as it gives you a good background for the Drazen family.

Spin runs parallel to parts of SoS and begins with Theresa at Frontage with Jonathan listening to Monica sing and play. It is there that Theresa first sees Antonio Spinelli. And one touch from Antonio Spinelli ignites
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: C.D.Reiss Fans, Erotica, Everyone
5 There is no Labeling How Great This is Stars…
Spoiler Free-It's Now Free!!!
What do you say when you get to have the experiences you want; the ones you dream of? You anticipate and then it happens… Every time I read words pulled from the depth of C.D. Reiss’ mind, I experience things I didn’t know I wanted. It happened with Songs of Submission and continues with Spin, Songs of Corruption #1.

Those who have experienced Songs of Submission know of what I speak. There is a flow; a way the words se
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
**ARC courtesy of publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

This review will be on the short side, I will let pictures I made and quotes from the book speak for me.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is not your usual romance story.

Brilliantly written by CD Reiss unique style, Spin will draw you into a world of betrayal, violence and sex. She has a way to let you feel immersed in her vivid and highly detailed environment, letting you watch as a spectator but wanting to act as the tension b
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
** DID NOT FINISH BECAUSE......I'M ME** Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Admitting that I could not connect with Spin feels similar to this..
So why the hell did I write a review you ask? Well, it's scary for newbies / shy readers to admit they didn't love a book when everyone else did. It can make you feel abnormal... *Ahem* I am abnormal, but that's here nor there. I want them to know they are NOT alone.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I think the easiest way to explain why this didn't work for me would be to tell you a little bit about myself....Here go
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it

photo image_zpsc3c2e943.jpg

So I'll admit it, as a massive fan of this authors early work, in particular her Songs of Submission series, I was somewhat nervous to read this book, especially given my love/addiction to Jonathan Drazen, (the central character in the Songs of Submission series).

I worried that Jonathan simply couldn't be beaten, I worried that maybe the first series was a "one off", a "fluke" for this increasingly popular author, (I even stayed away from all the other reviews until I had read the final pages
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

Re-read 10-1-4014 in prep for Ruin.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

CD Reiss, you've outdone yourself. Only you can take a mafia capo and make him my ultimate badass hero! Bravo!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Spin is a "spinoff" of the Songs of Submission series. It runs alongside the timeframe of SoS but features Jonathon Drazen's sister Theresa. Theresa was engaged to a high profile District Attorney who's running for mayor until she caught him cheating with an aide. She's stumbling thru her days still in love with Daniel and painfully lonely. In a local
Michelle
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Don’t miss out on any of the fun!
Facebook Fan Page
C.D. Canaries on GoodReads
Buddy Read on 3/12/2014
CD Reiss’s Facebook page

5 bad-ass-mafia-stars!

C.D. Reiss does it again! Songs of Corruption starts off with one helluva bang!
ARC received on behalf of Fido Publishing from NetGalley .

Theresa Drazen is a numbers gal, she’s the type of girl that dates law abiding men, men that run for Mayor... but those things and that kind of man, well those don’t make her feel like she’s alive and even though numb
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
(5 Breathtaking Stars!)
(ARC provided by author via Netgalley)
(BR with SueBee)

photo 24e1b264-abef-4104-b94b-4bf432c514c7.jpg

photo 3af6492f-a7ba-49f7-a04a-5df51beb0675.jpg

Well, CD Reiss has hooked me on a series again, and has me dying for more! She continues to be my #1 author, and I adore everything she writes! I loved her Songs of Submission series, where we first meet all the Drazen's, and my Jonathan. Although this series reads well as a stand alone, I would still recommend reading SOS first to get some back story. For me it would have been helpful to especially reread Sing book 7
Kathleen
Romance Rating ~ 4 Stars
Heat Level ~ 4.5 Stars
Ending ~ 4 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 4 Stars

This is my first Mafia romance read and I did enjoy it.

What worked ,
The story line was really good and the violence added in made this a realistic read.

The sexy times were OH SO HOT!

What did not work,
I hated the on again, off again relationships, drove me CRAZY!

Favorite Characters,
Theresa and Antonio were both interesting charact
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 Spin*tastic Stars

This is the beginning of a love story. The first in a trilogy. This is not your typical love story because when you deal with the Mafia, nothing is typical or ordinary. Things are raw, combustible, lustful, vengeful, deceitful, secretive and explosive.

photo TheresaDrazen_zpsb2c16c81.jpg
Theresa has just ended her engagement with her fiancé, Daniel, because he was cheating on her. He is running for Mayor of LA and she was by his side when he disgraced her. She still loves him but she can't go back to him. There
♥Sharon♥
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo 21b2f023-4368-4f1d-bf71-08bb3afdd337_zps2d021e4b.jpg

I have been on a bit of a C.D. Reiss high for the last week or so. I just finished reading the Songs of Submissions Series, fell in love with that, and now I just finished reading SPIN, book 1 of the Songs of Corruptions Series and loved that too. C.D. Reiss is now one of my favorite authors. I love how she writes, how her books suck me in right from the beginning and doesn’t let go until you have turned the last page.

Some may wonder if you need to read the SOS series before reading SPIN, I kno
Pam
4 epic stars

Antonio Spinelli, Esq., Spin, the capo of the Giraldi crime family
He wore a suit like a woman wore lingerie, to accentuate the sexual. To highlight the slopes and lines. To give masculinity a definition.

Theresa Drazen, Contessa
“You’re an heiress. A socialite. You run one of the biggest accounting departments in Hollywood. You funnel millions of dollars a day. You have access to the district attorne
Coco.V
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second time re-read...Review with the third installment.

Beverly
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
4.5 Sexy Capo Stars

In the beginning we meet Teresa, she is Jonathan’s sister from Songs of Submission. This series is a stand alone, so you don’t have to have read SOS to enjoy this series. However, it begins in the nightclub when Teresa is with Jonathan listening to Monica sing. Now I am dork, but I love when books do this, because it is like you get to see what is going on in everyone’s life at the same time.

Teresa and her fiancé Daniel have just broken up, he was caught cheating on her.

“Yo
Vishous
OMG LOOK AT THE COVER <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

mobster... corruption...proper lady....

DKristin
I don't even know where to begin. I just really, really love CD Reiss! I love the way that she writes her sex scenes the way she balances the heat/intensity/dirt/passion of it all. It's that unapologetic brand of hot that I absolutely love in books.

I was glad that while obviously Spin has characters from the SOS series that this was a different story and frame of reference all together. We don't just get the rehashing of Jonathan and Monica's journey and brand of kinky sex. We get something com
Amy | Foxy Blogs
**3.5 Antonio Spinelli stars**

Jonathan Drazen's (from Songs of Submission) sister, Theresa has her own love story to share with her series; Songs of Corruption.

Theresa is a busy woman running an accounting department, working on mayoral candidate's campaign and helping on her friend's movie set. She catches the eye of a local crime boss, Spin.

Antonio Spinelli aka Spin or Capo is somewhat of mystery to Theresa. He seems to have his hand in many cookie jars. Even though he likes Theresa and she d
TeriLyn
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2014-favorites
5+++ Masterful Stars

SPIN! Amazing. Breathtaking. Passionate. Antonio and Theresa will make your Kindle melt.

Review:

C.D. Reiss brilliantly masters her craft. Her writing creates a completely visceral experience for her reader, stimulating and igniting all five senses. Her words trap you in the orbit of the worlds she’s crafted muting real life all around you; it’s like you’ve jumped through your e-reader and are completely surrounded. It’s near impossible not to devour a story written by Reiss.
Debra
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it

★★★★★ 4.5 stars!

Spin was a very well written, sensual, fast paced read that I very much enjoyed reading. Once I started reading this book, I could not put it down until I knew how it would end.

Spin is the spin-off of the Songs of Submission series by CD Reiss but it can also be read as a standalone. It's the story of Theresa Drazen, driven and independent career woman, and Antonio Spinelli, dark and dangerous mob son. Their whirlwind romance is one with many ups and downs and filled with sexual
Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ by: C.D. Canaries
5 Stars ARE NOT Enough Stars!!

I just wrote a review and I'm cursing GR right now because I hit save and ..........yup, got lost in cyberspace!! I absolutely loved this book and C.D. Reiss did it again creating a novel that keeps me on the edge of my seat while getting my panties all wet with desire for the Hero!! CAPO is the man & I NEED MORE OF HIM NOW!!
There's lots of fabulous reviews from my peers that you can read for the "what's it about". All I have to say.....READ THE BOOK!!
Ash Wednesday
1 STAR
”Take me now, please. Fuck me scared.”

Okay before someone pitchforks me yet again for 1-starring a galley I requested, I actually read the first Songs of Submission book. And while my interest in that series tapered off by the second book, I found the writing decent and had a different pulse and form to the usual erotica out there. I also like books set in LA in any genre, for some reason.

And the guy in the cover looks a little like Gabriel Macht who is tres adorbs.

Spin is Antonio Spine
Help! I don't know the name of this book 1 25 Dec 19, 2015 08:05AM
Bargain Basement: FREE!!! Limited Time 1 10 Aug 03, 2015 03:38PM
Can I just dive in 5 20 Jul 11, 2015 03:18PM
C.D.'s Canaries: Spin (Songs of Corruption 1) Buddy Read 3/12/14 1236 220 Nov 01, 2014 04:43PM
C.D.'s Canaries: Spin ReRead / BR 9/15/14 499 148 Oct 14, 2014 03:04PM
C.D.'s Canaries: Spin Reviews!! 35 36 Oct 12, 2014 11:25AM
C.D.'s Canaries: Teasers for Spin 799 234 Sep 19, 2014 05:29PM
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Two (Red & Wolfe, #2)
  • Guns: The Spencer Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #4)
  • Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)
  • American Savages (Ruthless People, #3)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • The Devil's Masquerade: The Poison (The Devil's Eyes, #4)
  • Bend (Bend Anthology)
  • Made (Sempre, #0.4)
  • The Missing Link (Marked, #1)
  • His to Possess (His to Possess, #1-6)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Seize Me from Darkness (Pierced Hearts, #4)
CD Reiss is a New York Times bestselling author. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn't pick up she's at the well hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master's degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that

Corruption (3 books)
  • Ruin (Corruption, #2)
  • Rule (Corruption, #3)
40 likes
“Every day,” he whispered, “I’ll take you like this. In the morning, before coffee, I fuck you. At night, I fuck you harder. In our bedroom, our living room, our kitchen, I’ll love you in every room. Amore mio, I’ll break you with my love and put you back together. And when I retire, you still call me Capo because you’re mine. Always mine.” 16 likes