Start by marking “Finding Jennifer Jones (Jennifer Jones, #2)” as Want to Read:
Finding Jennifer Jones (Jennifer Jones, #2)

Finding Jennifer Jones

(Jennifer Jones #2)

Kate Rickman seems just like any other nineteen-year-old girl. She goes to university, she dates nice, normal boys and she works in her local tourist office at the weekend. But Kate's not really normal at all. 'Kate' is in fact a carefully constructed facade for a girl called Jennifer Jones - and it's a facade that's crumbling fast. Jennifer has spent the last nine years f ...more
Published February 6th 2014 by Hot Key Books (first published January 24th 2014)

Sara
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it
I had high hopes for this book because Looking For JJ is such a brilliant piece of fiction and one of the books I read as a teen that's really stuck with me.

Unfortunately, there's just nothing really *new* here. Looking For JJ was so brilliant because it explored the very difficult issues surrounding murder and children and what life there is after committing a terrible crime as a child. Finding Jennifer Jones is pretty much just more of that. Maybe there would have been more to say if the nove
Sam
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I was so ecstatic when I saw this book! I loved 'Looking for JJ' when I read it many years ago and I was looking forward to reading more.

I re-read 'Looking for JJ' as I wanted to refresh my memory to what happens. So I got them both on audiobook.

I enjoyed listening to them back-to-back, but in doing this I feel that 'Finding Jennifer Jones' didn't quite measure up to the first.

Don't get me wrong, I still really liked this! I'm glad Anne Cassidy wrote it because it shows you more about what happ
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I LOVED Looking For JJ and I mean LOVED IT. I originally read JJ ten years ago and t is a story that has stayed with me, so finding out now that there was a recent sequel was exciting and terrifying for me at the same time.

I REALLY liked this - I felt Finding Jennifer Jones really answered questions and rounded things off better for me - at the end of JJ I wanted more and I had wondered about JJ and what she would be doing - so it was fascinating to catch up with her and find out how this traged
Clare Holman-Hobbs
I began reading this book and got to about a quarter of the way through, and since putting it down I've had no desire to pick it back up again. A shame, considering I loved the first one!
Basyirah
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the second book of a duology, but I never read the first one. However, I think it's okay to be read as a standalone, as there's a part in this book that gives you a flashback of the main character's life when she was younger.

Kate Rickman, or her real name Jennifer Jones, had killed her friend when they were 10, and she was convicted for it. She was released with a new identity and a new life, allowed to finish her degree, but she was not feeling really good having to lie to people about
comfort
A very touching story of what it is like living as a convicted murderer, but being a teenager. A child killer killing a child.

Jennifer killed one of her friends when she was a child and has served her time and been released. She has had several name changes and new identities given to her by the Social workers, but the history of what she has done still follows her. She gets recognised and has to move on.

Finally she is relatively happy working in the tourist information office and she even has t
Maia
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
'She didn't want that. She wanted to be in control of her own life - but she kept being told she'd given up that right. Was she always to be some kind of puppet, her strings pulled by the authorities? Would she have ever paid enough?'

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Finding Jennifer Jones is one of those unusual sequels, published several years after the original. Luckily, I didn't have to wait years to read it, because I first read Looking For JJ around the same time Finding Jennifer Jones was published.

As
Megan
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first one, I was a bit disappointed really.

I found I really started to despise Jennifer at some points. Where I had empathised with her in the previous book, she was just annoying and whined a lot and I don't think she was actually willing to accept her actions (even though that is her aim). A lot of the things she did were just downright stupid and she never took into consideration how her actions would affect others.
However, at other points, I could understand where she was
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
It started intriguingly but I soon found Jennifer and her problems tedious.
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
Really interesting conclusion to Jennifer's story.

Earlier this year I finally read Looking For JJ, the first book by Anne Cassidy about child killer, Jennifer Jones. I thought that book was dark and surprising and very thought-provoking and after I finished reading it, I was incredibly intrigued to see where the author would take this story next. And I wasn't disappointed with the sequel, Finding Jennifer Jones. It didn't quite reach the same level of emotions that Looking For JJ did but it was
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Grade: D

Eighteen-year-old Kate Rickman, is always looking over her shoulders, waiting to be identified as Jennifer Jones, the ten-year-old who killed her playmate. She's been out of prison for two years and has a second identity in this sequel to LOOKING FOR JJ. Kate decides to locate the third girl from the woods that fateful day, Lucy Bussell and apologize, even though doing so is strictly forbidden as a condition of her release.

The only reason I was interested in FINDING JENNIFER JONES was t
K.
I LOVED Looking for JJ. I mean, it wasn't an easy read, but it was so brilliantly done. We knew basically from the beginning who the killer was, but not who the victim was or what the motive was. So I was pretty excited when I stumbled across this sequel at the library last week.

What I got, though, was more of the exact same stuff we'd had before, minus the big "OH MY GOD, MUST KEEP READING TO FIND OUT WHO DID IT" compulsion. Our protagonist is now nineteen and living in a share house, and maki
Jamie-Rose
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
A well-written sequel which I enjoyed, and I liked the new characters. I don't understand why Jennifer never tells anyone that Mr Cottis was going to take photos on the day she deliberately stayed away, which ended in her killing Michelle. Surely that's mitigating circumstances...I felt her mother should have had to answer to that. That not being addressed or resolved let the book down for me, that the upbringing of Jennifer by her mother led to her occasional bursts of anger and violence. I mig ...more
Natasha Scharf
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
The truly remarkable sequel to a truly remarkable young adult novel. As with 'Looking For JJ', I really struggled to put 'Finding Jennifer Jones' down. The way Anne Cassidy writes about her characters makes you feel you really know them; each is a complex as a real human being. She covers taboo subjects with ease and confidence, using simple but evocative language that never gets in the way of the story. This book provides a very satisfying conclusion to a shocking tale. I simply cannot praise i ...more
Kate Arnold
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was totally and utterly gripped to this book - that was worth a five star rating. It has a fantastic plot and I loved being able to just pick it up and understand (I hadn't read the first book). I couldn't put it down and was completely drawn in and finished it in a day. My one complaint is that at times it was slightly narrative but I guess that's because it was written in 3rd person. This is the only reason I didn't give it five stars! Oh and the ending was slightly abrupt.... But seriously ...more
Tammy
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Finding Jennifer Jones is a bittersweet book of pasts and secrets. This book was a surprise second edition to “Looking For JJ”, 10 years after its release. Kate is hiding the secret that as a 10 year old girl, she did a terrible thing, and now she lives with it every day, and the people around her dont know a thing. This book kept my interest and at times it was so suspenseful I couldn’t put it down. A great read overall, and addition to the first book.

Beth (bibliobeth)
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finding Jennifer Jones is the last book in our Kid-Lit challenge for this year and one we thought we'd leave until last to savour as we enjoyed the first book in the series so much in 2016, Looking For JJ. Quite often, I find the second book in a series a bit of a let down if I've loved the first so much but luckily, this wasn't the case at all with Finding Jennifer Jones. It was just as gut-wrenching and poignant as the first novel and it instantly made me remember why I loved the author's writ ...more
Jem Jones
I picked this up at the library without having read the first book, so a little confusion around Jennifer's history was to be expected.

But I think it worked pretty well even without the other book? In fact, I'm not sure if it needs it... this way, the history/backstory was a bit of a reveal, drawn out, whereas if you'd read the first book presumably you wouldn't get that experience.

This book was a blend of runaway and hiding identity, which I love. The story was exciting. There were some conte
Gillian Mann
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maia
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: thriller/Murder lovers
Recommended to Maia by: Goodreads
I absolutely adored this novel. I LOVED Looking for JJ and I had low expectations for this novel due to all the horrid reviews on Goodreads. I was completely astonished. I felt like I understood a different aspect of Jennifer's life. I recommend this novel to anyone who loved Looking for JJ.

-M
Molly
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of those rare cases in which I actually like the second book better than the first. I didn’t think Jennifer’s story was fully over in the first book, and this made it feel more complete. There were more loose ends that were tied up in this one, with a much more satisfying conclusion.
Chloe
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the first book Looking for JJ so couldn't wait to read this sequel to it. Gotta say it didn't disappoint and I really enjoyed reading it. Definitely my favourite books by Anne Cassidy. Look forward to reading more of her books soon.
Lauren Rozario
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
It was okay. I much preferred the pace of Looking for JJ over the sequel, as by this point I felt as though the same conflict was happening over and over again. A portion of this book was a flashback that I didn't feel was needed unless you hadn't read the first book. It was a bit long-winded, and many parallels between the two books with Jimmy vs Frankie, Rosie vs Sally and Ruth. But not altogether unlikable.
Holly
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Kai Moore
Brilliant second novel in the series.
Rants and Bants
Jasmine
This was a perfect sequel!!! It was engaging and interesting and I didn't see that decision coming. I felt like Jennifer/Kate was.....I connected with her more this time and I don't know why but I'm glad I did.

(view spoiler) I enjoyed reading about that more than I did in Looking for JJ. I feel like Looking for JJ was just the set up to this and am super glad I read this because I definitely enjoyed this m
Sia
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
As a teenager I LOVED Looking for JJ, so I was really excited to see she’d written a sequel. As for this - I LIKED it but I didn’t LOVE it. Not enough things were left answered, and Kate’s decision making was slightly annoying. I didn’t mind the flashbacks, but I’d rather have had more answers and less rehashing old ground.
H
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Brilliant.
Jennifer Jones, child killer.
Would she ever be able to leave that headline behind?
When I picked up Looking for JJ on a whim a few years ago, I never thought I would like it as much as I did. Anne Cassidy is, quite frankly, a genius. We meet Jennifer Jones for the first time, and I felt extremely conflicted about feeling sympathy for someone who committed such a heinous crime at a young age. It goes without saying that you need to read the first novel to fully appreciate &
Maia Moore
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Original review posted here

I was super excited when I first heard about this sequel to the wonderful Looking for JJ, which was a favourite book of mine as a teen. However, when I thought about it a bit more, the doubts started creeping in. Looking for JJ was an amazing stand alone book in my head for ten years and I’d never really thought it needed a sequel. What if the new book was surplus and it tainted the original for me?

Luckily, this wasn’t the case. Finding Jennifer Jones had plenty of new
« previous 1 3 next »

• Broken Moon
  • Samuel Blink and the Forbidden Forest
  • The Boy Who Could Fly
  • Flora in Love (The Diaries of Bluebell Gadsby, #2)
  • We Are Young
  • From Where I Stand
  • As Ever, Gordy (Gordy Smith, #3)
  • Vowed (The Blackhart Legacy, #2)
  • Captive
  • Cuckoo
  • The Quietness
  • Starring Kitty (Reel Friends, #1)
  • A Change Is Gonna Come
  • Under My Skin
  • I Am Thunder
  • Birdy
  • Dead Silent (Poppy Sinclair, #2)
  • Red Ink

Jennifer Jones (2 books)
  • Looking for JJ (Jennifer Jones, #1)