Start by marking “When I Wake” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
When I Wake

Elizabeth Norris

When I Wake

Maya Whitaker lives and breathes ballet. On stage, wrapped in music and the movements, she knows who she is. After an argument with her stepfather leaves her financially cut off and forced to quit, she’s completely lost. It’s how she finds herself at an illegal blackout party: one minute she’s drowning in a kiss from a complete stranger, the next they’re running from the c ...more
Hardcover
Published by B+B/HarperCollins

Elizabeth Norris
Sep 11, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Thank you to everyone who has waited patiently for me to finish this book. I wrote the first draft in a little over two months. But this is the book of my heart, and it has taken a great deal of research, blood, sweat, and tears to do the story justice. I have pages of notes, and I have written and rewritten so many scenes.

The story takes place during present day, but with an alternate history starting with prohibition which means I got to remake almost 100 years of our nation's history and how
mith
Looooved!! Can't wait for everyone else to read this.
------
THERES BEEN NEWS AND SIGN UPS FOR BETA READERS AND AN UPDATED BLURB AND ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD.
im SO EXCITED NOW.
-------
Okay it's been 2015 for more than a month now--obviously--and I'm worried because there's still no news of this. aaaaaaaaaaa
-------
OKAY.
IT'S BEEN 2015 FOR A MONTH NOW.
What I meant to say before, back when I was in the old ages of 2014 (ew), is that this book is still too far away.
I'm gonna need a blurb (a better one
Amber (Books of Amber)
Nov 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
Yes, I am probably about to let Liz Norris ruin my life again. But I will love it.
Therese
Jun 19, 2017 marked it as to-read
EDIT: In case anyone comes across my review and goes "yeah, it is weird that she's gone MIA!", I just want you to know that you have nothing to worry about. She's very much alive and well, and still works in the publishing industry. Liz Norris was just a pen name.

Okay so this is weird (and a long shot) but has anyone heard from this author lately? She also wrote the "Unraveling" series. All her social media has been dead for over a year now, and there was no previous hints on them that she was g
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
Not much to go off of, but I'll take what I can get.
Luke
Oct 01, 2013 marked it as to-read
Long wait will be worth.

Gimme!
Ari
Oct 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015, need-so-badly, 2016
Aaaaannny moment now. Will this be out already? I can't wait for it!
Sierra Abrams
guys i've been dying for this book. any news on it???
Akshaya V
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
awesome writing.
Jordan (The Heart of a Book Blogger)
This review and more can be found at The Heart of a Book Blogger.

I had the lovely privilege of beta-reading Liz Norris' When I Wake. Guys, you are going to want to be on the lookout for this one. It was wonderful. There's rich world-building and great characters and a swoony romance. I can't wait to read the final version!
Debbie
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: published-2016
Although I didn't get to read the ending while beta reading because the app behaved oddly on my cell,I loved this book. When I Wake is a unique world with pretty fantastic character development.
Bohlokwa
love it so much looking forward for other one
Ornella (Nyx)
Aug 23, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: upcoming
It's Elizabeth Norris, need I say more?
Sofie
Dec 04, 2013 added it
I will not be leaving a star review because I've only read the manuscript, and I want to rate the finalized book.
Donna
Apr 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
Ooh, a cross between Winter's Bone? AND by the author of Unraveling?

Yep, I'm in. :D
Jenn
I loved this so much. I can't wait for everyone else to fall in love with it as I did. It was fabulous.
Steph F
Apr 10, 2014 marked it as to-read
I need this book in my life now. I've missed Norris' awesome writing.
Calvin Mafnas-Limheya
rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2018
Cheyenne99
Oct 13, 2015
  • Cloudforest (Cloudforest, #1)
  • Jack of Hearts
  • You and Me and the End of the World
  • Trail of Shadows and Blood (A Tale So Dark & Grimm, #1)
  • Untitled (Stolen Crowns, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Untitled
  • Nobody's Goddess (Never Veil #1)
  • Nameless Queen
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • Seven Devils (Seven Devils, #1)
  • Cybernetic
  • The Other Side of the Sky (Untitled #1)
  • Castle of Lies
  • Wicked Games (Deadly Cool, #3)
  • Queen of the Sea
  • Untitled Standalone
Elizabeth Norris briefly taught high school English and history before trading the southern California beaches and sunshine for Manhattan's recent snowpocalyptic winter.

She harbors dangerous addictions to guacamole, red velvet cupcakes, sushi, and Argo Tea, fortunately not all together.

Her first novel, UNRAVELING (Balzer+Bray, April 2012), is the story of one girl’s fight to save her family, her w