Start by marking “Lethal Confessions” as Want to Read:
Lethal Confessions

Lethal Confessions

A gripping new romantic suspense from USA Today Bestselling author V.K. Sykes

The brutal murder of her twin sister drove Amy Robitaille into a career as a homicide detective for Palm Beach County. When a serial killer targets the wives of local baseball players, Amy has more than just a professional interest at stake—her only surviving sister fits the profile of the other v
Published September 6th 2013 by V. K. Sykes (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lethal Confessions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lethal Confessions

Start your review of Lethal Confessions
MostlyDelores
1.5 stars. This book features an unpleasant heroine whose sole personality traits are workaholism and Quebecois swear words, and a blandly pleasant hero who is an ex-pro-baseball-star-ex-super-soldier.

As fate would have it, H and H both had sisters who were murdered (like you get), and now they've joined forces to catch a serial killer whose victims are the (slutty) wives of minor league ball players.

Oh and there's a kid with a possibly terminal heart condition because of course there is.

Confus
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Serial killer
Targets baseball players' wives
How can they stop him?

Really good thriller
Romance takes back seat to crime
But that's fine with me
Pamela(AllHoney)
Amy Robitaille is a homicide detective in Florida. Someone is killing the wives of minor league baseball players. It's her job to investigate and bring them justice. Amy's sister, M.L., is the wife of a baseball player and another sister, her twin, Ariane, was murdered, so this case is very close to home. Luke Beckett is a baseball player and ex-military. Because of this he is asked to consult on the case.

The suspense and crime procedure of the book got high marks for me. The romance was less s
crashqueen73
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
FINALLY FINISHED!!! This one was a slooooow read for me, mainly because it was a mystery more than a romance. About 2% romance in a 75 chapter book is mostly mystery in my mind. The romance that was in it was really... tame, would be the best description. If I were to judge this book on the basis of a mystery, I would say it was enjoyable. I actually read the whole book to find out how it ended. It was super long and detailed.
I have rated it two stars as I much prefer to read about the romance
Lori Meehan
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
3.25
If you like a book heavy on suspense and police work and lite on romance then this book is for you. I prefer mine the other way around. The book was enjoyable and Luke and Amy were well matched characters. Both had great tragedies in their lives because of which Amy has built very high walls around herself and has become very single minded and driven. Luke has chosen to live life. They are thrown together to find a serial killer who's killing baseball players wives.
Glenda Bettin
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
wow what an awesome book, couldn't put it down, had everything, romance, suspense, HEA
Anita
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great read. I was drawn in as soon as I started and didn't want to put down the kindle to stop.
Janka
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars rather than just 4. I really enjoyed this story, made me think, couldnt put it down. Definately recommend it.
Marcella
Both the hero's and heroine's characters are pretty flat, and the romance is almost non-existent; I didn't see their relationship developing, they just go from tolerating each other for a long, long time to sex to love in a heartbeat.
The book seemed to be far too long and I started skimming pages at times; it felt like the story took weeks but it actually was about a week.
But, most importantly, if the police work this way it's no wonder not many crimes get solved. A lot of thoughts and actions
Kathy Jund
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! V.K. Sykes! The husband and wife writing team of Vanessa Kelly and Randy Sykes! Someone is killing baseball wives in the Florida minor league teams! Detective Amy Robataille is determined to catch who it is; she's got a very personal interest in this case for sure. But can she handle dealing with the "special consultant" her captain has thrust upon her!
Beachbaby
Apr 22, 2020 marked it as books-boxed-sets
In boxed set - "Danger and Desire"
Heather
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amy Robitaille is a hard wording, no-nosense homicide detective determined to catch those who terrorize others. After losing her sister at a young age, Robitaille has committed her life to solving crime leaving little time for anything else include a social life or a family of her own.

Luke Beckett is a former baseball star and ex-Marine. After all star performances on the field and serving over seas, he's enjoying early retirement by visiting children at a local Children's Hospital and taking u
Sue
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Two haunted souls manage to find each other in the midst of the hunt for a serial killer. Both left damaged due to unimaginable family murders, Amy and Luke struggle on their life's path. But instant sexual heat leads them to each other, giving them a chance at the future and the strength to move on, all while trying to the solve the murders of the wives of several minor league baseball players. Along with these great characters, the hunt is on to find the killer. A great murder drama with some ...more
Deb Christensen
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Story

This was a great read from beginning to end. The characters were all very well developed. I normally don't read nail biter romance novels, however this was an exception. it had an incredible and believable plot.

Having worked in law enforcement I could totally relate to this story. I will be reading more books by V.K. Sykes.

The one thing I might mention is that the proofreading was not so great. There were some big flub ups that should have been corrected.
Jeanne
Mar 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Fast paced book which had me hooked from start to finish. Amy is a dedicated policewoman who is given the task of finding a serial killer targeting wives of baseball players. Luke,a well known baseball player, is brought into the investigation with his inside knowledge of the game. The book is well written with enough tension and suspense to keep your attention throughout with a thrilling climax.
Black Butterfly
Dec 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: crime, romance
NOT A BAD READ BUT WAY TO DRAWN OUT AND REPETITIVE ESPECIALLY AMY. SHE WAS A HARD CHARACTER FOR ME TO LIKE, HER CONSTANT THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SAME STUFF. IT TOOK HER UP TO 52% OF THE BOOK TO REALIZE WHAT WAS CLEAR TO ME ALL ALONG. SHE WAS FEARLESS TILL IT CAME TO HER OWN PERSONAL FEELINGS. I FOUND HER VERY UNLIKABLE AND UNDER ALL THAT BRAVADO LURKED A BIG CREAM PUFF. STORY WAS GOOD JUST TOO LONG. ;]
Fannie Wiggins
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I like this author. This book was well written and the story line kept my attention. As I read a lot of books this was a big thing for me. Amy is a believable detective and Luke was well......Luke. I didn't know who the killer was until near the end. No spoilers though. Read the book, you will like it.
Sheila Schwartz
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So totally intense that I couldn't stop reading until the end! Amy and Luke are so combustible that you can feel the heat!! I really enjoyed this story...romance, suspense and sports...... a totally unbeatable combination! And Alicia is such a trooper that the old adage of never starring with a child as they will upstage you is certainly true even in books!!
Patti Correa
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW! that is it. I didn't think I was going to like this book, because I really do not like baseball, but VK Sykes really blew me away. In the beginning I was a little confused, but I'm going to say after about the fourth chapter things came together for me. The whole book kept me totally engrossed!
Victoria
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Oonagh
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow! I couldn't put this down. The story and pacing were superb. The chemistry was hot. Now to buy and read all their other books....yay!
Mette
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: læst-i-2013
A new favourite of mine :) Even though it's new favourite of mine it's a bit prolonged and lacks in the erotica/love scenes.
Di
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: just-okay
Finally finished. Yay. Although the storyline was good, it just kept losing pace. Which was frustrating.
Shannon
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Had trouble getting into this one. Also felt like there were a few inconsistencies with the police work part of the story.
Diane
Baseball wives in Florida are dying at an alarming rate--why?
Janice
DANGER AND DESIRE
Michelle
Oct 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-finished
I couldn't finish this book- I gave up after Chapter 15, I think.
Pam Godwin
Oct 26, 2014 marked it as to-read-own
To Read in Danger and Desire boxed set
MsRomanticReads
Dec 25, 2014 marked it as own-to-read
Purchased individually. It's also in my purchased copy of Danger and Desire. ...more
V.K. Sykes is really two people - Vanessa Kelly and Randy Sykes, a husband and wife team who write USA Today Bestselling contemporary romance. The second book in their Philadelphia Patriots Series of sports romances won the Kindle Book Review Best Indie Books of 2012 Contest, in the romance category. Vanessa also writes award-winning, Regency-set historical romance for Kensington Zebra under her o ...more