Start by marking “Geli Voyante's Hot or Not” as Want to Read:
Geli Voyante's Hot or Not

Geli Voyante's Hot or Not

'I think I will always be known as the Hot or Not girl, defined by it for the rest of my career. Even my tombstone will read: Angelica “Geli” Voyante, beloved trendsetter. Death? Not Hot.

Yet, it doesn’t sound right. Why won’t anyone realise that there is more to me than this fickle persona I have inadvertently become?'

Geli Voyante is bored of being the Hot or Not girl, eve
Published October 17th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Geli Voyante's Hot or Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Geli Voyante's Hot or Not

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Geli Voyante seemed to think she’s being left out, especially after her frenemy Tiggy got engaged and everyone she knew were either settled down or were bound to walk down the aisle anytime soon. Where was her place under the sun?

In my opinion, Angelica Geli Voyante had it all. She wrote the Hot or Not column and snagged her ideal boyfriend. But insecurities crawled upon her when she saw her arch-enemies picture/status on Facebook. Yes, Tiggy was getting married and she wasn’t pleased with the n
Kayla
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books, blogged
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This book was HOT and a perfect chick lit read! Nothing 'Not Hot' about it! It had dating dilemmas, STI's, family issues, work relationships, and more! Talk about a wedding to remember! We all have a Tiggy in our lives and can relate to Geli's feelings about Tiggy 100%! What a fun and enjoyable read! Thanks Chick Lit Plus for the opportunity!
Melanie
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Geli Voyante is in her early twenties and writes the Hot or Not column for New News. Each week she decides what’s Hot and what’s Not (restaurants, designers, food nicknames …) and tells her readers all about it.

Geli is from South Africa and an unfortunate series of events means that her arch nemesis, Tiggy who is also from her home town, also resides in London. Oh, and she also works for the same Media Company. And according to her latest Facebook status, she’s just got engaged to Calvin, who is
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is Elle's second novel and I must admit I loved this more than her debut. Earlier this year I read Kept by Elle and although I felt the writing was really great and the plot was brilliant, I found it a little hard to get on with the protagonist which left me a little disappointed.
When I saw this book was going on a blog tour, I quickly got involved and couldn't wait to get back into a world that Elle had created. And, FEAR NOT for this book, in my opinion is much better than her debut and
Charlotte Tobitt
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Geli Voyante works at a paper imaginatively called New News, and although she sits next to dreamy political columnist Theo, she is stuck writing the weekly Hot Or Not column. When it suddenly seems like everyone around her is getting engaged, Geli becomes desperate to catch up and win Theo over. Unfortunately, as ever, nothing really goes to plan.

After the release of Elle's thoroughly enjoyable Kept earlier this year, I was looking forward to another good slice of chick-lit, and Geli Voyante's H
Marina
Mar 21, 2014 rated it liked it
The original review is posted on This Chick Reads Book Blog:

Meet Angelica, or Geli (as her friends call her), the writer of the famous column Hot or Not. Writing the most impressive columns and getting the boyfriend of her dreams, she seems to have it all. Until, a photo on Facebook ruins it all.

Her archenemy Tiggy is getting married.

Tiggy is also Geli’s stepsister and she has to attend the wedding. Just how on earth, the most selfish bitch got the most go
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was so pleased to be a part of Elle's Tour for her second novel. I enjoyed Kept, her debut which I read earlier this year so was very keen to read her next book!

Angelica or Geli as she is known (she hates Angelica) works at the News News company and writes the weekly Hot or Not column. Yes she actually gets to decide what she thinks is Hot or Not and people will follow what she says! Sounds kool, but Geli is finding it a bit boring and she doesn't just want to be known as this fickle, air-head
Fabulous Book Fiend
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review: I was lucky enough to be part of the blog tour for this book and I was really excited to revisit Elle Field's writing again after enjoying Kept earlier on in the year! This was a completely different tale and yet had the same moral message about being able to reinvent yourself running right the way through it which I was pleased to find!

Geli is a pretty easy character to like. She has certain advantages in life but doesn't really exploit them the way she could have done because she does
Rachel Gilbey
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Geli Voyante is the sort of character that will potentially polarise view points, some will think she is utterly hilarious, others incredibly shallow, some people will marvel at the masses of ways she can pass a day at work (not working), and in the case of myself, I thought all of that and a lot more, although I was never sure I liked her, she is an entertaining main character, which has to count for something!

I really enjoyed hating Tiggy Boodles though, Geli's arch-nemesis, and step-sister,
Zili
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it

I laughed my butt off reading Geli's story (er in a good way though). When it comes to dating Geli has got to be one of the most unfortunate female leads I have come across in a long time. There's the cheating ex, the unattainable office crush and the off limits new guy.

Writing her own hugely successful newspaper column 'Hot or Not', Geli is something of a trendsetter, but underneath the obvious glamour of her job she's bored and unhappy. Geli calls herself Trouble with a capital 'T' because her
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free for a Blog Tour in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.What a book. wow. I loved it. I got sucked into Geli's world and I didn't ever want to leave. So much happens in this book and the characters go through so much that it's hard to remember how they started off.

I, like Geli, was swooning over Theo. He's hot, I mean really hot. Also he's clev
Kathleen
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What's a girl to do when everyone she knows is settling down and getting engaged?

Geli Voyante's Hot Or Not is an entertaining chick lit tale that will keep the reader in stitches. Set in London, author Elle Field weaves a fast-paced tale that follows twenty-five year old Angelica "Geli" Voyante, who writes the weekly trendsetting newspaper column "Hot or Not." Everything is going great in Geli's life except in the romance department, and when she starts noticing that everyone is starting to sett
Rebekah Martin
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness! This book was so clever! Once I got past the fact that Geli was British (slang kept throwing me), but I really loved how quick-witted she was.

The story moved on at a really fast clip, mostly because Geli's stream-of-consciousness rambling actually made sense and made me laugh along with her shenanigans. I honestly thought her rivalry with Tiggy was ridiculous, at first, but at the same time, what girl can't relate to her sworn enemy from childhood?

This is the kind of story that
Kate’s Book Spot
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The book began with an introduction to Geli’s job which I found fascinating, she seemed to have a lot of power over the readers of the newspaper she worked for and even she didn’t really understand why! She had a huge crush on her good-looking colleague Theo and I found her reaction to him quite amusing. I was surprised by how quickly things moved between them, I also had a strange feeling that he wasn’t everything Geli thought he was and about half way through I figured out what the big twist w ...more
Caz Lopez
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got sent this book a while ago but haven't got round to reading it I really now wish I read it earlier it was fantastic!

Geli Voyante is a young girl in her early 20's who works for new news in a column article. she is single and has a lovely flat mate called Glinda. she fancies this man at work called theo who is drop dead gorgeous. They go on a a date together and Geli finds him mind blowing. however later on in the story you find out more about him. (not giving anything away!)

There is a ch
Dawn
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of chick lit (lots of Jane Green, Sophie Kinsella, Helen Fielding), I’m always on the lookout for books in this genre. Geli Voyante’s Hot or Not did not disappoint. The characters were great fun. I loved the wit and humor and found myself laughing out loud several times. I was pleasantly surprised with the twists and turns. I’d highly recommend this to my friends and anyone interested in a great read!
Adele
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-read
Really enjoyed this book. First book I've read by Elle Field. It was a fun, romantic read abit like a modern day Bridget Jones. Gel I works for a newspaper doing the Hot or Not column. Her life gets distracted and complicated when she finds out sell her friends and enemies around her are settling down and gave got engaged. The characters are very likeable and the story flowed well. Will look out for more books by Elle.
Bharti
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Geli Voyantes Hot or Not - Totally Hot. Needless to say I had a blast reading. It's a clever, smart, sexy with some delicious drama and an ending I can easily imagine in a Bollywood Rom-Com. If you want a story to leave you smiling, a little hot n bothered yet satisfied like a having your cake n eating it too guilt free, pick up or download this book now. You will be sorted out for a fun day read nicely.
Abby Lewis
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a Goodreads win... It was an actually really good book! I could not put it down, it was read within a day!
I fell in love with Geli, another character in a book who reminds me of me... lost but would love to be in love and be loved just like everyone else around her... Recommended to everyone!
lisa
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A witty piece of contemporary chick lit. Geli Voyante is in her early twenties and writes the Hot or Not column for New News. She has a step sister from hell, Tiggy. A boyfriend, Theo, a handsome political columnist with zero morals. This novel follows her adventures ending in an eventful and revealing trip home to South Africa.
Free Goodreads first read
Pat Elliott
Mar 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked this book, it was perfect for a day when you want comfort reading. The writing kept me reading to the end. It was a little predictable, but okay, even so.
Geli was mostly charming, but a few times annoying. The men were poles apart in attitudes and I enjoyed their scenes the most.
An enjoyable read.
Carly
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Surprised to read comments about not as good as Elle's debut 'Kept', as in my opinion this is a far better book. A very well written and excellent story and would definitely recommend it. I would also love to see a sequel to Geli's adventures!
Leah
Oct 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
In Geli Voyante’s Hot or Not, by Elle Field, Angelica “Geli” Voyante is one of the most read columnists in London. Her column, “Hot or Not”, is what everyone looks to see what people they should do, watch, or have in their lives; and what needs to go. When Geli is not writing her column, she is crushing on her next-door-cubicle hottie, Theo. Theo is the political columnist, and Geli is forever trying to catch his eye and score a date.
Geli’s pretty happy life becomes shattered when not only her
Leah
Oct 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Elle Field released her first novel Kept earlier this year and although I haven’t read it it is on my kindle to be read at some point and I am looking forward to having some time to read it. So when Elle released her second novel Geli Voyante’s Hot Or Not I bought it as soon as I could as I loved the sound of it and because I had no other review books to read, I decided this was going to be my next read.

Geli Voyante is the queen of knowing what’s hot and what’s not. For example being able to wor
Zarina
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this novel, but try as I might I couldn't and I struggled finishing it (though I did).

My main issue was with the main character of Geli who was absolutely infuriating to me; self-absorbed, judgmental, lazy, corrupt and highly superficial there was nothing to like about her at all. And towards the end she even exaggerated her not-entirely perfect life up until the point that she was 'depressed' and 'bi-polar'. Of course she could have genuinely been suffering from these m
Emma
Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This book was a lot of fun! I enjoyed the premise of the book, but I was hoping for more. First, the author puts in one of Geli’s “Hot or Not” columns and I loved it! It was hilarious. Sadly, she only included ONE! I would think that she would have included many since it is such a huge part of Geli’s life.

The relationships Geli had were interesting, but the main relationship (between her and a new love interest) was so pai
Terry
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Geli Votante's Hot or Not is a good Chic Lit, that I felt was written to target the young adult world (early 20's) more so then the overall chic lit world. Or perhaps it was just for me painful to read how sometimes self absorbed those in their early 20's often seem to be. This is not to say I didn't enjoy the book, only that the main character Geli and the story in general is very centered around her. Geli seems to be the last single and unengaged girl by Christmas the year before she turns 25 ...more
Manna
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Geli Voyante's Hot or Not" by Elle Field was a funny, charming book. I will admit, I struggled to get into this book, however there were so many relatable moments! Between feeling like everyone you know is in a relationship but you (including your arch nemesis), family drama, work struggles, and the constant search for a new romance, it was like looking back on previous portions of my life. Following along with Geli, while she sorts her way through these potential roadblocks, is amusing, to say ...more
Christina
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic-fiction
A coming-of-age romance with a lot of extreme characters and situations, this is one for those that want a simple, fun, relaxing tale.

Geli Voyante is the Hot or Not girl and when her arch (ex-boyfriend-stealing) nemesis gets engaged, she really starts to feel her singlehood and decides to pursue her office crush. Of course, things don't turn out exactly as planned...

This was a light, easy and funny read. The (originally hilarious) main character started to grate with her air-headedness after a w
Elizzy B
Mar 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
Predictable, boring...but thank God, not bad written...if we forget about those Vogue&Marie Claire descriptions...I didn't pay for it...
I will write a longer review other day.
PS: a 20 something thinking she's going to die as spinster! Come on!
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Deeper the Passion...
  • Second Chance with Her Soldier
  • Not Just the Boss's Plaything / A Devil In Disguise
  • A Perfect Holiday
  • Cowboy Jackpot: Valentine's Day
  • Lying to Meet You
  • Coma
  • This Could Have Been Our Song! A Coulda Woulda Shoulda Ballad (Coulda Woulda Shoulda Songs #1)
  • Captive in the Spotlight
  • My Honorable Highlander (Highland Games Through Time, #1)
  • Her Deal with the Devil
  • Fearless
  • The Secret Wedding Dress
  • Tokyo Hearts
  • The First Time I Saw Your Face
  • The Saints of the Cross
  • Rescued by a Stranger (Love From Kennison Falls, #2)
  • Rancher to the Rescue
Elle Field writes new adult romantic comedies, and is the author of the Arielle Lockley series and Geli Voyante's Hot or Not. She grew up in Yorkshire, then moved to Scotland to study International Relations and Social Anthropology at the University of St Andrews.

Elle now lives in London with her boyfriend and their cat. She's a massive fan of sunshine, giraffes, The Killers, Audrey Hepburn movies