Start by marking “The Deva Handbook: How to Work with Nature's Subtle Energies” as Want to Read:
The Deva Handbook: How to Work with Nature's Subtle Energies

The Deva Handbook: How to Work with Nature's Subtle Energies

When we experience the powerful force of a waterfall, the elusive beauty of a rainbow, or the stark strength of a craggy expanse of cliff many of us have perceived “something else” that goes beyond the five senses: feelings of peace, comfort, healing, and inspiration. Native traditions throughout the world have taught that these intuitive impressions are caused by the ...more
Published June 1st 1995 by Destiny Books

To ask other readers questions about The Deva Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deva Handbook

Start your review of The Deva Handbook: How to Work with Nature's Subtle Energies
Iona  Stewart
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it

This important book contains much information otherwise rarely available.

Preliminary chapters illuminate us as to the development necessary in us humans in order to begin to establish a connection to devas and nature spirits - self-awareness, compassion, respect and humility being key words.

The final part of the book provides us with practical information for preparation
Claudia Loureiro
This wasn't the easiest of books for me to read, but was nonetheless inspiring, and I feel it has brought me closer to nature. This book contains much information otherwise rarely available. After starting reading the english version I noticed I had a portuguese one as well so I finished it in the portuguese version.
I would recommend this book for those with a serious desire to communicate with the devic kingdom.

I read both editions: portuguese and english
Claudia Loureiro
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

I read both editions: portuguese and english
Katja
Sep 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
very basic, very repetitive, disappointing. maybe good for someone who has never done any type of spirit work before (in which case they might discover that indeed they did, just weren't aware of it) or wasn't familiar with animism? meh
Katrina Dreamer
Jun 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pagan-earth
A good introductory guide for working with nature spirits. Has some helpful exercises and it is an easy read.
Nikki
Nicole Sochacki
Jun 25, 2015
Sky Feather
Sep 28, 2015
Nathaniel Altman is a Brooklyn, New York -based writer, teacher and counselor who has authored more than twenty published books on peace studies, alternative healing, nature and relationship.