Start by marking “Jaguar Hunt (Heart of the Jaguar, #3)” as Want to Read:
Jaguar Hunt (Heart of the Jaguar, #3)

Jaguar Hunt (Heart of the Jaguar #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  272 ratings  ·  64 reviews
An agent and a jaguar-shifter chase trouble, and each other, through the jungles of Belize...

Agent Tammy Anderson has a reputation: she prefers to work alone. So when she’s paired up on a mission with jaguar-shifter David Patterson—who’s only recently been released from jail—to say she’s less than thrilled is a understatement. Until she realizes that this sexy agent has wh
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published June 3rd 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Jaguar Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jaguar Hunt

Carol [Goodreads addict]
Jaguar Hunt is book three in the Heart of the Jaguar series by Terry Spear.

Tammy, who is Maya’s cousin, works for one of the branches of the Jaguar shifter’s own sort of special forces. She is tired of the male agents only wanting to partner up with her for reasons other than work, and for not respecting her ability to do her job, usually better than most of them. So she just prefers to work alone.

photo tumblr_mals5gi18f1r93y4eo1_500_zps3761df74.gif

David, Wade’s brother, is also a member of the special forces. Both he and Tammy are jaguar shif
AH
Initial Thoughts: 3.5-4.0 stars. The thing I love most about Terry Spear's books is that each book can be read as a stand alone book. You can jump into this series at this book or read them in order, it really doesn't matter. And jaguar shifters - how cool is that? Enjoyed the story, loved the couple, and adored the setting. How can you go wrong with a beautiful jungle resort in Belize?

The Review:
Terry Spear writes wonderful shifter stories. Jaguar Hunt is the latest book in her shifters series
Lovebites Andsilk
This the first book I'm reading from this author and apparently this is the third book of the Heart of the Jaguar series. I have to say despite the fact I hadn't read the other two books, I was able to understand the background to the characters and some of the events from the other books. The author explained everything up front. Although sometimes I felt it was too much information loaded up front. In the first chapter we were introduced to 4 characters with references to 3 other characters fr ...more
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Chelle:
*Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review

Jaguar Hunt is the 3rd book in the HEART OF THE JAGUAR series and may have been my favorite so far. It was a highly entertaining read with lovable characters, plenty of intrigue, a nice paced plot, and a great ending. While these books are all part of the series, they stand perfectly well on their own and do not need to be read in order.

David, the slightly rakish, yet stalwart brother of the hero
Shauni
Originally reviewed for Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy.

Corruption, greed, avarice, betrayal, family connections and the desire to right them all ruse to the forefront of Terry Spear's newest Jaguar Series book. And I must say it's the best one yet. It's the cats so yes there is a smouldering sensuality that works it's way effortlessly into the story but there is so much more.

Agent Tammy Anderson has had it with the males of her species. Constantly treating her as an inept female. One
Angie
***This book was provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.***

I have to say that I loved the idea behind this book--two agents with sparks (lusty and hateful) forced to work together on a case? In the jungle? Ummm...yes, please!

It all starts when the hero is tossed into jail and the heroine has to bail him out before they even meet. This only reinforces Tammy's determination to work alone, so she ditches David the first chance she gets.

I really liked Tammy. She was fierce and indepe
Emily
Agent Tammy Anderson is used to getting saddled with male partners, but she has managed to leave them behind with every assignment she has tackled. Why should she do all the work and share the credit?

Fellow jaguar shifter David Patterson knows about Tammy's reputation but he has a counter plan of attack as he is her new partner, stick to her like glue. He didn't plan to have an easy time making Tammy trust him, but he is willing to bide his time and the perks of being close to the sensual beaut
Sandy

WIN 1 of 3 paper copies of JAGUAR HUNT at The Reading Cafe from June 4-10, 2014

About the book: Release Date June 3, 2014

Agent Tammy Anderson has a reputation: she prefers to work alone. So when she’s paired up on a mission with jaguar-shifter David Patterson—who’s only recently been released from jail—to say she’s less than thrilled is an understatement. Until she
Jessie Potts
This is the third Heart of the Jaguar series (pick it up!), and the books always have such a good combination of sizzle and teeth. Each book can be read as a stand-alone, but I definitely recommend picking up the first two. David and Tammy are fun to watch dance around each other. Tammy has a bad rep for ditching her partners, and David is extremely protective and sweet. There was a bit of mystery, a touch of humor (jaguar teens) and of course the tension of knowing two people will fall into one ...more
Lover of Romance
David Patterson and Tammy Anderson are teamed up when they embark to Belize to track down a missing jaguar, and a pair of mischievous twin shifter that have some secrets of their own. David and Tammy know each other, but passions ignite in the forests of Belize. At first all Tammy wants to do is abandon David to his own devices, but she knows that the only way to find the truth she will have to work with him, and the longer she is in close proximity to him, she knows she won't be able to deny th ...more
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Jaguar Hunt Stars ~

Jaguar Hunt is book three in the Heart of the Jaguar series by Terry Spear. It's a sweet romance with a little action and some humor.

David and Tammy, both work for the Special Forces Golden Claw, but in different branches. They know each other through their families and are both introduced to us in Jaguar Fever . Tammy does not like to work with other agents and David does not mind working with others.

I liked both David and Tammy. David surprised me a little. I thought h
Leigh
ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Jaguar Hunt is a nice blend of mystery, intrigue, action and steamy romance. What more could you ask for? I have read Terry Spear's wolf shifter series so I thought I would give this a try. I was not disappointed.

Agent Tammy Anderson and Enforcer David Patterson team up on a mission that takes them to Belize. They are following two teen boys who may have information about a missing jaguar. Tammy and David soon learn that there is more t
Beth
Book Tour & Giveaway
Coming to Tome Tender 6/1/14 - 6/9/14/
(3) Paperbacks JAGUAR HUNT (US/Canada Only)

Jaguar Hunt is a paranormal romance with a mystery to boot.

Attempting to find a missing jaguar, David Patterson and Tammy Anderson must track down the clues and uncover who is behind the cat's disappearance. The clues take them to Belize where they run into some trouble of their own. Precocious twins and assassinations attempts keep both Tammy and David on their toes and sometimes stuck
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Tammy Anderson and David Patterson are on a mission, hunting for a stolen jaguar. Their investigation leads them to Belize and into some real danger. But these two are not your normal kind of investigators. They are jaguar shifters and they both work for different agencies run by only by jaguar shifters.

Tammy has had trouble in the past working with male partners but this time things are different when she is assigned to work with David. As they work closely together David is able to get Tammy
Paranormal Kiss
Jaguar Hunt is the 3rd book in the Heart of the Jaguar series by Terry Spear. I have yet to be disappointed by a Terry Spear book and this one is no exception. Jaguar Hunt is entertaining, sexy, fun and exciting. Tammy and David are both very likeable characters and it was a joy to see them come together. I also loved the teen side characters and their antics. I look forward to reading more about them in future stories.

In Jaguar Hunt, David and Tammy pair up together on a mission to find a missi
Joyfully Reviewed
Enforcer Tammy Anderson has a reputation among her fellow enforcers as a one woman show. Tammy likes to leave her partners in the dust. Her latest case involves a missing jaguar. She is all set to head to Belize to find the jaguar when she discovers she has been assigned a partner for this mission.

Sharon Tyler
Jaguar Hunt is the third book in the Heart of the Jaguar series by Terry Spear. This paranormal romance is one that can be read as a stand alone, but has the bonus of a bigger picture and already knowing some of the characters if you have read the previous books. I have not read the earlier books, so I am starting fresh here.

Agent Tammy Anderson has a reputation: she prefers to work alone and often ditches anyone partnered with her. When she is paired up on a mission with fellow jaguar-shifter
Buffy Kennedy
I’ve really enjoyed this series. I haven’t reviewed books one and two, but I have read them. I can say that it’s not necessary to read them in order, but it’s helpful. Each book sort of plays off the last one even though they standalone just fine.

I’m going to get the negative comments out of the way. The perspectives sort of run together a bit, but it’s not a huge deal. What really bothered me was that they mention how good jaguar shifters’ hearing is, yet they’ll talk openly about mission deta
Susan Parkes

I am a good fan of shifter stories and I will say that Terry Spear has written a well thought out story here, it kept me guessing till the end - who the bad guys where. The hero is a sexy Jaguar shifter and the heroine, also a Jaguar shifter, is a woman who prefers to work alone so she tries to ditch him at the first chance. These characters are very likeable and end up working well together. I give this book 5 stars as it flowed through out the whole story.

Summary

An agent and a jaguar-shifter c
Jeannie Zelos
Jaguar Hunt, Terry Spear
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book reviews.
Shifter Romance, another lure for me. I've just been re reading my way through Patricia Briggs werewolf series....fantastic :) so thought this sounded promising. Although I've not read the first two it sounded as though each story was complete, so I didn't foresee that being a problem and it wasn't. Maybe some of the interlinked characters I could have understood more, but Terry gives enough info to work out who is connected to whom.
Keryn
As usual an A+!!!!

As usual an A+!!!!

I don't think I've ever been let down by one of Terry Spears shifter books. both the wolf and jaguar shifter books are great reads. I lived the fact poor beleaguered zoo guy Henry Thompson showed up again. at some point he really should be clued in. I wonder if at some point in time he may marry a shifter? great mystery and hijinx ensue in this fun filled romp. twists and turns a plenty. I really enjoy hearing of characters from previous tales. this book espec
Dottie
An exciting, action-packed paranormal romance that will leaving you longing for more! Taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com:

Special Forces Golden Claw JAG agent David Patterson, a jaguar shifter, has been assigned to bring in two teenage boys, who are also jaguar shifters, as soon as they commit the smallest infraction. The agency wants the boys to join their agency. But while following them into a nightclub, he overhears the boys talking about a jaguar that has been stolen from the zoo. Al
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4
REVIEW:
Tammy doesn’t work well with others. Well she works just fine with them as long as they are not her partner and not getting in her way. But on her latest mission Tammy has finally met her match in partners.

David is a man on a mission and nothing is going to stop him. David’s first hurdle is getting Tammy to actually work with him.

This was a great read. I loved David and Tammy. I loved the twins!! They are so sneaky an
Diane Lynch
Jaguar-shifter David Patterson, is a Special Forces Golden Claw JAG agent. He was assigned the task of tracking two teenage shifters, later discovering they have information about another case involving a jaguar that was stolen from the zoo.

Colleague and jaguar-shifter in the Enforcer unit, Tammy Anderson, is not happy to be assigned a new partner to help her find a missing zoo cat. They wind up following the teens to Belize on what is supposed to be an easy mission.

David is a great hero. I lov
Cathy
Jaguar Hunt by Terry Spear. I have read several of Ms. Spear's books and enjoyed them tremendously. However, I was a bit disappointed with Jaguar Hunt. For me, there was too much focus on the case and not on the development of the relationship and the characters. It seemed all they ever did was call their bosses. I really liked David and Tammy - they were fun and their interactions were terrific - I would have just loved to have seen more of it. I felt there was a lot of conversations with every ...more
Marta Cox
Jaguar Hunt is the third book in the Heart of the Jaguar series and is easily read as a standalone so if new to this authors work then have no fear. I'd always suggest reading a series in order obviously but Ms Spear has done an excellent job here of telling a darn good story with an intriguing plot and filled with characters that are impossible not to like.
David is an agent working for Jag and it's his mission to keep an eye on a pair of wayward teenage boys who seem to have a knack for getting
My Book Addiction and More MBA
Jaguar Hunt by Terry Spear is another exciting Paranormal Romance/Shifter Romance. #3 in the "Heart of the Jaguar", but can be read as a stand alone. However, I would suggest reading the other two in the series. See: "Savage Hunter", and "Jaguar Fever".

Fast paced tale of primal romance, deadly predators, danger, and one hot mission!

This is the story of Tammy Anderson, a feline Enforcer and David Patterson, JAG agent. A heart-pounding, thrill-ride, of a shifter romance that will leave you breathl
Mnix

JAG Agent David Patterson has heard a lot about Tammy. None of that prepared him for the insane chemistry and protective feelings she arouses. She manages to get away from him once but as they arrive i
Proserpine
Jaguar Hunt was an interesting story, one we can see coming from the previous book; Jaguar Fever (Heart of the Jaguar #2). This third book isn't thrilling as the previous one, but still, a good entertainment! If you're a fan of Terry Spear and mostly of her Heart of the Jaguar series, this one is a must read. It also can be read as a stand-alone if you didn't have the chance to read the first books.

Savage Hunger (Heart of the Jaguar, #1)Honestly, the main plot/subject was the thing that didn't c
Amanda
ARC From NETGALLEY

OMG I loved this book it was so funny and witty that I was laughing through out the book.
I've read all of Terry Spear's books and I've loved all of them so much. This was another great installment for the jaguar series. Keep them coming I can't seem to get enough.
  • Her Lone Wolf (X-Ops, #2)
  • Beyond the Darkness
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • King's Throne (String of Fate, #2)
  • Gambling with the Crown (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr)
  • Dial M for Menage
  • Vampires Never Cry Wolf (Dead in the City, #3)
  • Cole's Redemption (Alpha Pack, #5)
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Wild Nights (Justiss Alliance, #3)
  • Christmas with a SEAL
  • A Shot of Red
  • Wulfe Untamed (Feral Warriors, #8)
  • Heart's Sentinel (Terra's Guardians, #1)
  • Burning Desire (Dark Kings, #3)
  • Saving His Mate (Crescent Moon, #4)
  • Werewolf in Las Vegas (Wild About You, #6)
  • The Bobcat's Tale (Blue Moon Junction, #2)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell
More about Terry Spear...

Heart of the Jaguar (4 books)
  • Savage Hunger (Heart of the Jaguar, #1)
  • Jaguar Fever (Heart of the Jaguar, #2)
  • Jaguar Pride (Heart of the Jaguar, #4)
Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1) Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2) Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5) To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3) Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf Series, # 6)

“I don’t do one-night stands, Tammy. Not my style.”

She sighed, sounding exasperated, but she was secretly pleased at his declaration. “I’m…the same way, only things haven’t worked out.”

“I understand.” He continued to stroke her hair with one hand, his other arm wrapped around her, holding her to him and showing possessiveness in an affectionate way.

She studied him for a moment and saw the sincerity in his expression, then sighed again. “Fine. Then we’re dating now. All right?”

He gave her the warmest smile. “You’ve got it.”
1 likes
“He meant to go lightly, cautiously, sweetly. First kiss, first date. But she curled her fingers in his hair, pressed her hot little body against his, and kissed him back as if they had been dating for a good long while! As if he wanted him like he wanted her.

Now this was more like it.”
0 likes