Start by marking “Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)

Dangerous Creatures

(Dangerous Creatures #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  9,520 ratings  ·  1,002 reviews
From the world of Beautiful Creatures-a dangerous new tale of love and magic.

Ridley Duchannes is nobody's heroine. She's a Dark Caster, a Siren. She can make you do things. Anything. You can't trust her, or yourself when she's around. And she'll be the first to tell you to stay away-especially if you're going to do something as stupid as fall in love with her.

Lucky for Ri
Published May 20th 2014 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Creatures, please sign up.
Theodora Mina I think it is her way of ending the books in general. In the first series beautiful creatures she always ended each book with a cliffhanger so don't e…moreI think it is her way of ending the books in general. In the first series beautiful creatures she always ended each book with a cliffhanger so don't expect anything less form this series.
It is her way to add spice and suspense to the novels in order for the readers to read the next.(less)
Renee Walters Dangerous Dream goes before Dangerous Creatures and it is an E-Novella. Dangerous Deception is after Dangerous Creatures. Dream Dark is an E- Novella …moreDangerous Dream goes before Dangerous Creatures and it is an E-Novella. Dangerous Deception is after Dangerous Creatures. Dream Dark is an E- Novella in between Beautiful Darkness and Beautiful Chaos.(less)
YA Novels of 2014
1,543 books — 9,161 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,422 books — 15,910 voters

More lists with this book...

·  9,520 ratings  ·  1,002 reviews

Start your review of Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)
Anne
I WAS ONLINE WHEN KAMI GARCIA AND MARGARET STOHL announced this, so... I just want to share my reactions:

CASTER CHRONICLES SPIN-OFF SERIES?

ABOUT LINK AND RIDLEY?????

BUT I ALSO GET TO SEE ETHAN AND LENA AND LIV AND JOHN!!!!!!

SETTING: NEW YORK

...and of course, NEW HOT GUY!!!!

[image error]

"MAY 20, 2014"

But anyway....

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Instead, she closed her eyes and started to cry, really cry.
She melted into Link’s arms, burying her face in his shoulder, pressing her runny nose into his spiky hair.
Dear Ridley,

What happened? Granted, it's been a few years since I've read Beautiful Creatures but...what happened to you? What happened to the siren full of spark and fire, reeking of sex, lollipop in her mouth, looking like she just walked out of a teenaged boy's wet dream? When did you become so...domesticated?

When did yo
Jess the Shelf-Declared Bibliophile
Probably closer to a 3.5. It took me a little while to get into this, mostly because it's been awhile since I read the Beautiful Creatures series, so I was rusty with the whole world. I had also debated on if I even wanted to read a spinoff based around Ridley, since she is so unlikeable. She answered that for me very quickly in the very first chapter, though. She admits she's a complete bitch, totally unlikeable. The way she owned it scored her several points in my book.

This book really delved
Robbie Claravall
First Beautiful Creatures and then Dangerous Creatures?
What's next? Safe Creatures? Ugly Creatures?
Valeria Andrea
Sep 10, 2013 marked it as to-read
Everything was going great when suddenly - New York?!

Fuck yeah.

Ridley & Link in New York, a siren & a incubus, what could possibly go wrong?
Alaina
YAY! I finally got the book! I can finally read the series that became a thing because to the caster chronicles! YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYY!

Dangerous Creatures has Link moving to NY to get a new band together. Ridley, of course, goes with him but not to support her boyfriend. Nope, she's running away and trying to hide from a dark caster, Nox, who has two marks on her. Lucky for her.. he wants Link for one mark. Unlucky for Link I guess.

Okay, so before I got this book (which was free) I didn't reall
Kathy
Dec 17, 2013 marked it as to-read
OMG! Another series!!! Yay!!! :D

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo kgbooks_zps50fc42eb.jpg

Dangerous Creatures is book one in the Dangerous Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This series is a continuation of the Beautiful Creatures series but centers on Lena’s sister, Ridley Duchannes and Ethan’s best friend, Link Lincoln, the mortal/one quarter Incubus.

If you read the prequel, Dangerous Dream, which I did, you know that Link finally blurted out the words that he had been holding inside, “I Love You, Ridley!” And what did Ridley do, she ran. And of course got hers
Phrynne
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I remember reading the whole of the Beautiful Creatures series and quite enjoying it, but I never intended reading this spin off series which features Ridley, a character I did not much like in those earlier books. However a Challenge I am doing led me to Dangerous Creatures and it was .........okay I suppose.

If anything I like Ridley even less now. At least in the first book she had some fire in her and she was totally in charge of her life. Now she is a weak, watery mess and that does not work
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Aug 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs, read-in-2014
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Does this one have a fandom that’s going to go buckwild with responses on my review telling me what an idiot I am? If so, that’s cool – I just need to make sure I have some booze handy to add to the entertainment factor.

SOME SPOILAGE ENSUES

You might be asking yourself: “Self, why would a person who gave a 1 Star review to Beautiful Creatures even bother reading Dangerous Creatures?” Well, I’ll tell you why. It’s ‘cause I’m a giver. I r
Shahd
One might expect an excellent read of Dangerous Creatures as the book promises the company of our favourite Ridley and Link. And an entertaining Ridley and Link the book does present, but that would be it.
Our main characters and couple, Ridley and Link, were fun, interesting, complex, and offered a dynamic couple as well as they had clear individual voices. They both didn't disappoint with their intriguing-to-explore different personalities and hilarious vivid dialogue. Apart from some forced sc
Jon
Sep 10, 2013 rated it liked it
YES, I need more Link and Ridley! I also love the cover :)
Neil (or bleed)
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, books-i-own
No matter what she says, Lena was meant to be Light. I was meant to be Dark. Respect the teams, people.

I really, really love the Caster Chronicles series so when I found out that there is a spin-off, I can't contain my happiness [OMG! ASDFGHJKL! ] and when I knew that this is about Ridley and Link, my happiness has been doubled [OMG!! ASDFGHJKL!!x2]. Seriously, I did not see that coming.

Basically, Dangerous Creatures is about Ridley and Link and their journey to New York. If you've read Dan
Steven
Wow, what an ending!

Thanks, Netgalley, for providing me with an early copy for review.

Where to begin? It's been a while since I lasted visited Gatlin, about a year, actually. And boy, I didn't realize how much I missed it!

This spinoff series follows the events of the Beautiful Creatures series, and instead of starring Lena and Ethan, it stars supporting characters Ridley and Link. As they travel to New York to start a new life after graduation, Ridley's hiding a few secrets... most importantly,
SyaSya Syed Nasir
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: english-books, dnf
DNF on page 71. I really try my best to like this book. However, the story was too slow and I don't enjoy the main character enough since she has been using and manipulating her boyfriend to get to her own motive. Gonna move on to the next book.

P/S: To those who likes the story, don't feel angry or offended with my review. I'm glad you like it. It just that the book wasn't for me, I guess.
Liz
Summary

Ridley Duchannes knows she's a bad girl. A siren and a dark caster, but deep down has a heart of gold for her family and friends. However, when she gets losses a card game and cons Wesley "Link" Lincoln to be a new drummer for a Caster Band things really start to become tense. Especially, when the owner of the band and a club, Nox, has a few secrets of his own and it involves Ridley and Link as well.

My Thoughts

Oh Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl where did you go wrong?

Up until the last par
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always

Having read all the books in the authors' Caster Chronicles series, I knew that I needed to pick this up to get more from the world that I loved. That being said, it's been three years since I read those books, and I only remember the story in chunks and not as a whole. But even if I didn't remember the details, I did understand all the references in Dangerous Creatures. I recommend reading the Caster Chronicles series before starting this one.

"When it came right down to it, that was what Si
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Let's get something straight. I'm supposed to be the bad guy. I will always disappoint you. Your parents will hate me. You should not root for me. I am not your role model.
I don't know why everyone seems to forget that. I never do.

This is both an easy and hard book to review. Easy because, of course I loved being back into Ridley, Link, Ethan and Lena's world. Hard because, well, again I did not have time to fully immerse myself into the story. I would get a good bit to read, and I would totally
Jessie
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, read-2017
I'm definitely glad I gave this book a chance it was much better then the movie but no shock there......

There are so many scenes in the book the could have made the movie decent but oh well

Looking forward to the next book to find or what happens
Mizuki
Dec 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: it-is-okay
Wesley "Link" Lincoln and Ridley Duchannes go to New York? Of course I want to read about it! But in the end, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

The first half of the book is great actually, it is nice to see the pair exploring NYC and the Caster club scene, some of the new characters are nice too, Lennox Gate is also an okay-ish character until (view spoiler), and must a love triangle really be necessary damn it!?

What I don't like is the ending part of the stor
Shannelle
Apr 12, 2014 rated it liked it
I really am just so confused over what I feel about Dangerous Creatures.

On the one hand, there’s the fact that Ridley is some badass sexy creature who understands that she can grab attention in every way, who also has to deal with conscience problems that she’s never had until she started dating Link.

And then there’s the fact that the story has me going like this:

I seriously had no idea what was going on, especially at the beginning. I just decided to read it on a total whim, and I have no idea
Jenn
So I'm going to be honest, I wasn't super excited going into this book. I hated Ridley with every fiber of my being when I read the Beautiful Creatures series. And here's a spin-off that focuses entirely on her...yay.

But I didn't hate it. I know, I'm shocked too. But here's the thing. The parts that I liked had nothing to do with Ridley.

So let's talk about this book. Ridley and Link drive off to New York together, but for different reasons. Link wants to find a new band and make music, Ridley n
 ■©atherine■
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: crap
2 STARS

Rid and Link? The bad-ass couples! Yes Yes Yes! That was my thought before I read the book.

Was I wrong. The characters were so stupid and poorly built that I think I hurt my eyes rolling them too much. The plot was not that good either. I don't even remember how many times I cried out out of frustration.

To be honest, despite the three stars I gave to the prequel series, I don't think I actually liked it. But this one was even worse. The love-triangle was stupid. The Abraham thing was stup
Ciara
Jan 20, 2014 marked it as to-read
You had me at Ridley Duchannes, but then NEW YORK?!

Hell yeah!
Kayla
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really loved the caster chronicles growing up so I now I decided to pick up the companion series following Ridley and Link's journey and I really liked this book. The book was still dark but very light and fluffy. ...more
Melanie
Sometimes I make stupid decisions and read crappy books even though I knew it was gonna be crappy before I picked it up. 1.5 stars.
Mariah

This was not terrible, but like, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone? 2.5?
Misty
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you were worried that Dangerous creatures wouldn't live up to the original Beautiful creatures series then fear not! Because it is just as good, I was hooked all the way through, and that ending, oh my god that ending!
I've always had a little bit of a nerd crush on Link so I was really excited to hear there would be a new series following him, its actually more about Ridley, who I did like also and I came to really like her in Dangerous creatures. She's so much different to Lena and Link is a
Branwen Sedai *of the Brown Ajah*
Let's get something straight: I'm supposed to be the bad guy. I will always disappoint you. Your parents will hate me. You should not root for me. I am not your role model. I don't know why everyone seems to forget that. I never do...

Ridley Duchannes takes center stage in this first book in a new series as she and hybrid Incubus boyfriend Link take off to New York City. Once there they find themselves surrounded by new friends, new enemies, and a scary nemesis from the not so distant past.

I was
Mary
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy for Young A...: Dangerous Creatures (#1) by Kami Gracia → Start Date: December 1st, 2016 24 18 Dec 14, 2016 07:59PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Dangerous Creatures By Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl - Restarting October 21st 2015 48 91 Oct 21, 2015 11:04PM
The Ending (SPOILER) 3 50 Apr 09, 2015 01:58AM
The Names Used in the Flashbacks 1 1 Apr 08, 2015 07:44PM
Ch. Before-9 Discussion 2 6 Mar 04, 2015 08:28AM
Dangerous Creatures March Read-Along 1 1 Mar 03, 2015 02:18PM
YA lovers <3: Dangerous Creatures 5 7 Jul 13, 2014 05:12AM

• Icons (Icons, #1)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • Midnight Hour (Shadow Falls: After Dark, #4)
  • The Marked Girl (Marked Girl, #1)
  • The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • Blythewood (Blythewood, #1)
  • Impostor (Variants, #1)
  • Hazel and Gray (Faraway Collection)
  • Keys to the Repository (Blue Bloods, #4.5)
  • Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5)
  • Echo (Soul Seekers, #2)
  • The Mammoth Book of Haunted House Stories
  • Urban Legends: 666 Absolutely True Stories That Happened to a Friend...of a Friend…of a Friend
  • Four-Letter Word
  • 12,000 Dreams Interpreted: A New Edition for the 21st Century
  • Cherry
  • Dead Is Not An Option (Dead Is, #5)
  • Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
Kami Garcia is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author. She is the coauthor of the BEAUTIFUL CREATURES series, which has been published in 51 countries and 37 languages, with over 10 million copies in print. In 2013, Beautiful Creatures released as a feature film from Warner Brothers. Kami is a cofounder of the YALLFEST kid lit book festival and the author of five solo ...more

Dangerous Creatures (2 books)
  • Dangerous Deception (Dangerous Creatures, #2)