Start by marking “Dead Heat (Lucy Kincaid, #8)” as Want to Read:
Dead Heat (Lucy Kincaid, #8)

Dead Heat

(Lucy Kincaid #8)

FBI Agent Lucy Kincaid takes on her most explosive case yet in New York Times bestseller Allison Brennan's Dead Heat

DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS

Assigned to San Antonio’s Violent Crimes unit, Lucy Kincaid joins a team of seasoned veterans and newer agents for a task force called Operation Heatwave. It’s supposed to be a simple sweep of known offenders with outstanding warran
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 13 pages
Published June 3rd 2014 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Dead Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Heat

Alex is The Romance Fox
4,5 stars
Dead Heat, the latest addition and 8th book in Allison Brennan’s Lucy Kincaid Series is a well-written and explosive thriller about Lucy Kincaid’s new life as a FBI rookie agent in San Antonio.

With each book, I have grown to like Lucy more and more and I enjoy seeing her development as she struggles with her inner demons and trying to deal with the horrific experience she went through with a serial rapist/killer.

The story begins with being assigned to the Violent Crimes Unit in San Ant
Terri Wino
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: year-2017
Book 8 in the Lucy Kincaid series was full of tension and suspense. This series just seems to get better with each book, I think because we readers have been along for every step of the way of Lucy's journey from victim to avenger of other victims. We care about Lucy's developing career and her personal relationships with Sean and her family and, now too, her co-workers.

I started this as my secondary book that I only read a few pages from each day, thus the time frame it took me to complete it.
Elvan
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book #8 and Lucy Kincaid is a full fledged FBI agent and she doesn't disappoint. I loved watching her use all her talents from interviewing kids to picking (many) locks. This book was a pleasure to read. Allison Brennan has grown as an author. Good stuff.
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
Title: Dead Heat, book 8 - Lucy Kincaid series
Author: Allison Brennan
Published: June, 2013
Read: June, 2015
Format: ebook via Samsung Galaxy 4 Nook
Genre: fiction, mystery/thriller, law enforcement, FBI, action packed, drama.
Author's website: www.AllisonBrennan.com

Goodreads Rating: FIVE "can't catch my breath" action-filled stars!

Brief remarks:

Wow! I gobbled this book up in no time! What a GREAT story! Perhaps my favorite "Lucy Kincaid" so far.

Every one of the five stars I'm rating are beyond earn
Barbara ★
I don't usually like books about drug cartels but this one provided just enough information but didn't go over the line into the disgusting details I usually see from this topic.

I really, really liked Michael and little Bella was precious. I loved that she saved Michael and then Michael saved her. So cute and life altering for both.

Lucy Kincaid, Sean Rogan and even Kane Rogan came together to find Michael and save Bella as well as the captured DEA agent.

A well-put together mystery with plenty
Lise
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know an author is at the tippity top of her game when you fear for every character in the book and chew your nails in anticipation of the outcome. And the top is where Allison Brennan is with the new installment in the Lucy Kincaid series, Dead Heat. Lucy's still a newbie with the FBI, but her past, and her expertise, gets her a chip in the big game when Operation Heatwave is put into play. As a member of a multi-jurisdiction task force, she knows she needs to impress her teammates, and stic ...more
Silver James
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dead Heat by Allison Brennan This is the current Lucy Kincaid novel by NYT best-selling author Allison Brennan. Lucy has graduated from the FBI Academy at Quantico. She's three months into her probationary period at her first duty station, San Antonio, Texas. Her significant other, Sean Rogan, has quit the family business, RCK Investigations, to free-lance on his own to be with Luce. Enter an obsessed DEA agent, a thirteen-year-old boy, bad cops, and an up-and-coming Mexican drug cartel and you have a fiery mix of action, ...more
Diane
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This latest book in the Lucy Kincaid series was just excellent - had everything in it that I like - murder, suspense, and a fluid story.

Lucy is now an FBI agent - a rookie, but still an FBI agent and on her first big case with colleagues that are both believing in her and skeptical of her. The only one the truly trusts her is Sean "Little Rogan" :)

The story revolves around drug smuggling, gun smuggling, and using young boys as mules.

2 thumbs up and 5 stars - thank you Allison Brennan for this se
Donna
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this series, Lucy Kincaid has been working toward becoming an FBI agent and she has finally made it. She is assigned to the San Antonio's violent crimes unit. Her team starts off by serving warrants to offenders and mushrooms into drug trafficking, gun running, and child corruption/slavery.

I like the Kincaid/Rogan books. I admire the adversity Lucy has overcome to be the strong woman she is today. I really enjoyed this book.
B.E.
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd give this ten stars if I could, it rocked that hard. I loved Lucy Kinkaid before but I love her even more now. And the end? OMG, it was awesome.
Rachel
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This one was intense!!
Meghan
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You think you know

We meet a slew of new characters in this story, and I am enjoying them! Her new supervisor and his family sound great, Ryan seems interesting and so does Nate, but it was the scenes with Kane that stole the show! Loved seeing how Lucy and the Rogan family are combining. But also just learning more details about Kane. Little Rogan is a sweet moniker and I enjoyed all the action, intrigue and suspense! The emotion and evolving relationships is one of my favorite parts of this ser
Stephanie
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This is an exciting book that takes off right from the start and has many twists and turns. There are a few spots in the middle that felt more long winded and then the ending conflict seemed very quick.
I enjoyed the new phase of Lucy and Sean’s relationship and excited about her new job in San Antonio. Probably my favorite part of this series is meeting and learning about the rest of the Kincaid/Rogan clans. This book definitely did not disappoint with furthering the other family members lives.
Andrew Carter
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Brennen's writing....easy read with good story and characters. Lucy Kinkaid is great as a rookie FBI Agent who takes the fight to a Mexican drug czar-on-the-rise and....the action is great. Recommend to all who love suspense and action.
Michelle
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very good. I really like Lucy Kincaid. I really don't care for Sean's caveman-like protectiveness of her, but he kind of redeemed himself to me with the scenes with his brother. Great book!
Scott
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Lucy story with many twists and turns an family member help.
Lindsay Talley
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite Lucy Kincaid book!!!
Stacy
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Lucy Kincaid series

I couldn’t put the book down. I read out of order so had to go back and start from the beginning! I can’t put down these books!
Sheila
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Newly graduated FBI agent Lucy Kincaid is assigned to a drug sweep task force in Texas. When the raid occurs more than drugs are found. Human trafficing with children is brought to light.
Lyn Soulia smith
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
really like the series and how it goes from part of the family to another part. Love the Kincaid's.
Luann
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime, fiction
I had a hard time getting into this one until Kane Rogan joined the investigation.
Nina Fralick
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very exciting. Parts of it will shock you. I am still enjoying this series very much.
Marcella
Sep 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
I'm not sure if the story was not interesting to me or the person reading the story (I listened to the audiobook version). The person reading it kind drew the story out & it was like really bad acting on her part. I wasn't a fan of the story or the person reading it.
Lana
Dead Heat is the first of the series set in San Antonio.

So far, other than generic references to local places of interest, I haven't recognized anything. Didn't really expect to, though.

Parts of this one are a bit unbelievable. Lucy's been up before the OPR three times, twice as a recruit, and yet, she's still a special agent? I know Lucy's good, but someone somewhere's got to be pulling strings for her, and I'm left wondering about their intentions, and why no one else (character-wise) wonders
Samantha Hopkins
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved It, Loved It. Loved It.. Allison Brennan you've done it again.

Following on from Cold Snap; Lucy Kincaid has been an FBI Rookie for only three months when she is assigned to a joint task force between the FBI and the DEA - reporting to SSA (Special Supervisory Agent) Brad Donnelly.

During a routine weekend sweep on unsuspecting criminals, the team find evidence and a witness to a kidnapping ring. It is around this time that Lucy has her suspicions that SSA Brad Donnelly has an obsession wi
Rhea
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
There are two things I really love about the Lucy Kincaid series. Sure, it has the amazing writing of Allison Brennan. Yes, the stories are gripping and suspenseful. It's clear that the author does deep, intensive research into every topic she includes in her books so they feel realistic and smart. And yes, the characters are all so well-developed and so multi-faceted, that you come to care about each and every one.

There's all that but specific to the Lucy series, I am always captivated by two o
Cheryl
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this series just gets better and better. I absolutely love Sean Rogan. The way he cares for Lucy is so powerful. Their feelings for each other grow in each book. Because of this growth, they also grow as individuals. Lucy has been in her new role as an FBI agent in San Antonio for 3 months. She's in the violent crimes unit and has been tasked with her partner to work with the DEA on a sweep. There begins a complicated and difficult story using children as drug mules. We meet strong children ...more
Melanie Chabrol-
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the recent Lucy Kincaid book. She is recently the newest member of the task force called Operation Heatwave.
The idea is to sweep of known offenders with out standing warrants. When Lucy and her team try to find 2 brothers. one disappears. it's up to Lucy and her team to find Jaime Sanchez. While attempting to find Jaime, They StumbleUpon Michael being held against his will. Then he disappears. The more Lucy finds out the more she is determined to find out who is it THEIR up against. Enl
Linda
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great book by Allison Brennan which will keep your interest from the first page to the last.

Lucy Kincaid, new rookie at the FBI, is participating in a joint task force with DEA to apprehend wanted fugitive Jaime Sanchez. His sister and brother have been taken into custody but Jaime got away. As tips roll in, the team finds that Jaime is working for a mysterious drug lord known as the General. As more kids are being used to carry drugs and commit crimes, the team knows that the General ne
  • Vicious (Faces of Evil, #7)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Pick Your Poison (Bullet Catcher, #8.5)
  • Vision of Darkness (D.I.E. Squadron, #1)
  • Innocent Prey (Brown and De Luca, #3)
  • The Cold Room (Taylor Jackson, #4)
  • Love Is Murder (Bullet Catcher, #8.75; Mercy Street, #3.5; Lucy Kincaid, #4.5; Cold Ridge/U. S. Marshals, #6.5; Forensic Instincts, #1.5, Mike Dietz, #1.75; Jackie Mercer, #1.5; Black Ops Inc., #3.5)
  • Leave No Trace (Black Ops Inc., #5.5)
  • Far Gone
  • Frenzy (Frank Quinn, #9)
  • Every Second (Kate Page, #3)
  • Sleepwalker (Nightwatcher #2)
  • Killer Decision (The Killer, #2)
  • Fear For Me (For Me, #2)
  • Blind Trust (Port Aster Secrets, #2)
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Allison Brennan believes that life is too short to be bored, so she had five children and writes three books a year.

Allison has penned more than two dozen thrillers and many short stories. RT Book Reviews calls Allison “a master of suspense” and her books “haunting,” “mesmerizing,” “pulse-pounding” and “emotionally complex.” RT also said that "The Lu

Lucy Kincaid (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid, #1)
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me (Lucy Kincaid, #2)
  • If I Should Die (Lucy Kincaid, #3)
  • Silenced (Lucy Kincaid, #4)
  • Stalked (Lucy Kincaid, #5)
  • Stolen (Lucy Kincaid, #6)
  • Cold Snap (Lucy Kincaid, #7)
  • Best Laid Plans (Lucy Kincaid, #9)
  • No Good Deed (Lucy Kincaid, #10)
  • The Lost Girls (Lucy Kincaid, #11)