Start by marking “Cemetery Tours (Cemetery Tours, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cemetery Tours (Cemetery Tours, #1)

Cemetery Tours

(Cemetery Tours #1)

Some secrets are best kept laid to rest.

At least, that's as far as Michael Sinclair is concerned. At twenty-seven, he has spent his entire life pretending that the ghosts he encounters on a daily basis do not exist. Now, if only the dead would let him rest in peace.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem likely, especially after Kate Avery and her ailing b
Published September 17th 2013 by Wind Trail Publishing (first published September 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Cemetery Tours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cemetery Tours

Before I Fall by Lauren OliverThe Lovely Bones by Alice SeboldElsewhere by Gabrielle ZevinIf I Stay by Gayle FormanThe Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
Afterlife
195 books — 230 voters
The Shining by Stephen KingThe Haunting of Hill House by Shirley JacksonA Christmas Carol by Charles DickensGhost Story by Peter StraubHeart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
Ghost Stories
1,201 books — 1,794 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Cemetery Tours (Cemetery Tours, #1)
Jessica
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Paranormal is not a genre I typically read but with that being said, I did enjoy this.

When I first started reading this I was reminded of the hitchhiking ghosts from the Haunted Mansion because the ghosts follow Michael home. So already this book was off to a good start.

I loved the mystery surrounding Gavin and Kate and their circumstances. I kept wondering, Who is this ghost haunting them? There was definitely a lot of in
Jacqueline Smith
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books-ever
Just found out that I can review my own book, so here I go.

This is the best book ever. Seriously. I love it. It's like a Light sent from Literary Heaven to grace readers with wonder and beauty. If books were flowers, Cemetery Tours would be a bouquet of the purest reddest roses. If books were people, I'd vote for Cemetery Tours for president of the world. It's that good. No, really. I'm not biased at all.

Okay, if I'm being honest, it's not as good as Harry Potter. But you know, noth
Lindsey Lynn (thepagemistress)
I was sent a copy for an honest review.

Omg! I freaking loved this book! I did not expect to become so invested in this but wow. The story hits the ground running with Michael who can see spirits. He has kept it hidden all his life. Until some new neighbors move in and strange things happen. There are so many twists and turns with this book that I absolutely didn't see coming! I couldn't put it down! I had to know what happened next. Love the plot and the characters so much! Diving in
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Cemetery Tours (Cemetery Tours #1)
Author – Jacqueline E. Smith
Publication Date – September 17, 2013
Type – Part of Series
Genre – Ghost/Paranormal
Rating – 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by Author in exchange for a honest review.

Review
Wow….Once I started this book, I couldn’t put it down.  The author has such an ability to keep the reader mesmerized while spinning a action packed tale.  Even though the book is supposed to be scary and mystery…I love how Ms. Smith uses the comedy of Brink to break up the terror.

Book – Cemetery Tours (Cemetery Tours #1)
Author – Jacqueline E. Smith
Publication Date – September 17, 2013
Type – Part of Series
Genre – Ghost/Paranormal
Rating – 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Review

I still can’t get over how addicted I became to this book just needing the next fix (turn of the page) so I can see what was going to happen next or how everything connected together. Oh, and don't even get me started on how original Kate's disability was after her accident....I didn't even know there was such a thing!!

This is definitely a series I would love to read more about – Kate and Michael are adorable and I just couldn’t get enough of them.

Re-Cap
Michael Sinclair can see ghosts but you wouldn’t know that because this is secret he keeps to himself – he isn’t looking for celebrity status or trouble with helping those dearly departed.

Then Kate and her brother, Gavin move in across the hall from him and when helping them move in – Michael comes across a benevolent ghost who has a habit of draining the life force out of any male who comes in contact with Kate and has connected itself to Gavin.  Michael wants to ignore this but can’t seem to get Kate off his mind.  Just when Michael thinks he has a chance with Kate, his nemesis, Luke shows up.  Luke is the star of Cemetery Tours – a popular ghost hunting show – and it seems that Luke has his eyes on Kate.

Will Michael finally reveal what he can see before it’s too late for either Kate or Gavin?  Who will get the girl?

Wrap-Up
The banter is great, the romance is adorable, the story is addictive and has so many twists and turns I started getting dizzy reading the story.
Tuba Sayed
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS NOT A REVIEW. THIS IS A VERY INCOHERENT BLURB WHERE A fangirl FANGIRLS.

This is one of the best books I've ever read. I find it pretty flawless. Really. I have nothing to complain about (trust. I complain a lot even in my four stars reviews) CM is one of a very few books I hold every close to my heart. It makes me feel all sorts of emotions, mostly; it makes my past self happy (who fantasized about being a necromancer) and present self (who appreciates a good story and fantasi
Annelise Lestrange
Review originally posted on The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange :)

I received this copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. Let's go :D

The Story

Michael Sinclair has seen ghost for the past 27 years. He grew up ignoring the held people in the afterlife and was really okay with his discreet job at the local library, with his shabby apartment and his roommate and best friend, ghost Blink. Then Kate and Gavin Avery happen in his quiet life.

Kate suff/>The
Justine
Cemetery Tours is...
~ A creepy eerie read!
Build-up around the setting is a huge factor in reads such as this, and it did deliver, every time Kate mentions that feeling of being watched? I felt it too. And additionally, with Michael's narration and description of what he sees, I was freaking out.
~ Not only it is atmospherically creepy, but it was also fun
Fun in ways that you'll go along hunting the haunted, tours on haunted places that could be infested by ghosts. There we
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*Copy provided in exchange for an honest review*

Where do I start!?
I wish I had a kickass quote to start this off but I was too busy devouring every word to look for one! A guy that sees ghosts? Knowing only that and I was already in love with this story. I am so glad Jacqueline only made me fall even more in love!
Kate had one of the most intriguing and unique backstories I have read and definitely added a lot to the story. The attraction to Michael was a little too instantaneo
Jennifer Provost
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so, this was awesome.

It starts out as your standard "I see dead people, and no one can ever know my secret" sort of book - and stays standard for about two pages. Michael just wants a quiet life, so he keeps his head down and tells no one of his amazing ability... especially ghosts. Because one they know he can see them, they hang around for a long time.

Then Kate and her brother Gavin move in across the hall, and they bring a ghost with them. There's one twist after a
cEe beE
Cemetery Tours is a light paranormal mystery set in present day Dallas. It's somewhat predictable but a fun read nonetheless. The main characters are in their mid to late 20's but act much younger.

Anyway, like the author, I'm a huge fan of Ghost Adventures, Dead Files, Ghost Hunters, etc. So I will definitely continue with the series.

M.C. Dulac
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
One of the best books I've read this year. It is well-written, the plot is addictive, the twists and turns are fantastic, the characters are funny and real (my favourite being Brink, Michael’s room-mate :) ) and the deadpan humour (no pun intended) will keep you smiling for a long time. Impossible to put down!
April Wood
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Michael Sinclair lives a quiet, single, unassuming life, working for a library and um, well... seeing ghosts. Michael may be a medium but he doesn't take advantage of his special ability. For he feels nothing good comes from interfering in the affairs of the dead.

That is until Gavin and his cute sister Kate move in across the hall at his apartment complex, a complex that is rumored to be haunted. A malevolent spirit has attached itself to Gavin, cute neighbor girl's brother, and if Micheal doesn't interf
Lindsay Boitnott
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, contemporary
Cemetery Tours is the second book an author asked me to review and I want to thank Jackie Smith for sending me a copy of her debut novel! I decided to wait until October to read it because the storyline fits perfectly with this month's spooky Halloween theme.

Michael has always had the ability to see and talk to ghosts, and it is a talent he diligently ignores. That is until a brother and sister, Gavin and Kate, move in next door and bring a angry ghost with them. Now, against his bet
Peter
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
They say that building 17 is haunted. Tenants move in and quickly move out. Michael Sinclair, lives in that building and he can see ghosts. Michael's roommate and best friend, just happens to be a ghost, who's name is Brink. Kate and her allying brother Gavin, move into the apartment across from Michael's. Michael and Kate seem to hit it off good and develop feelings for each other. Michael learns that Kate was in a terrible car accident and has lost her memory for the past two years. While in K ...more
M.E. Franco
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing debut from author Jacqueline Smith. Michael has a secret. He can see ghosts and spends the majority of his time trying to ignore that fact. But when a pretty girl moves in next door with her brother who is ill, everything changes. Michael sees that Kate and her brother are being haunted by an angry ghost. Should he reveal his secret and help? Enter hot, ghost hunting show host, Luke. In Luke's quest to hook Michael into his show, the two of them, along with Kate, stumble onto som ...more
msleighm
I read this in one sitting. What kept popping into my mind as I turned page after page, not putting it down for hours, was... "this is as though Odd Thomas was written by Danielle Steel or Nora Roberts." None of that is a bad thing. I LOVE Odd Thomas and I enjoy both Danielle Steel and Nora Roberts from time to time. I was thoroughly entertained for the hours mesmerized. Also, the way the ending tied things up while moving things forward was particularly impressive.

I will very much e
Jennifer McMurrain
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Being a lover of all things paranormal I immediately enjoyed this book. It didn't hurt that Smith wrote the characters in such a way you can't help but relate to them in one way or another. Smith kept me turning the pages, especially the last third of the book, where I found myself reading open-mouthed at all the twists and turns. I highly recommend this book, you won't regret and you'll be running out to buy the sequel.
Susie
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jacqueline Smith hit a home run with her debut paranormal thriller. With a mixture of humor and fear she kept me turning the pages to discover the connections between the living and the dead. I am a couch detective and several times during my reading I thought I had it all figured out, but then I would hit a curve I didn't expect. Miss Smith kept me guessing and that is something I truly appreciate. This was an exceptionally fun read. I give it a five star high five!
Kelly
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5++++++++++ stars!
This author has a brilliant future. I loved this story. I loved these characters.
Michael Sinclair is my new book boyfriend (sorry Jamie Fraser). ;)
Thank you Jacqueline for reminding me how much I love ghost stories.
Jeannie Walker
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have no doubt from time to time you have heard about a place with rumors of spine-tingling, strange occurrences, unexplained, strange noises, cold spells, and haunting phenomena with apparitions that appear & disappear. Legends about haunted houses have long appeared in literature.
Do haunted houses really exist? Do ghosts and spirits really exist? In 1991 the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of New York ruled that a seller must disclose if a house has a reputation for being haunted.
Who is to
☕️Kimberly
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
When Jacqueline E. Smith approached me for a review of her novel Cemetery Tours the first in her paranormal romance series Cemetery Tours, I was immediately intrigued by the synopsis. Ghosts, a haunting involving a menacing spirit and celebrity ghost hunter? A side dish of romance? Hello summer read! Cemetery Tours delivered suspense, giggles, mystery, heart and a sweet romance. Cemetery Tours is a perfect read for a rainy summer afternoon.

The story takes place in a reportedly haunte
bookstarterfuss
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received a physical copy from the author but cannot affect my review. All are my thoughts.

Cemetery Tours is a very diverse story and is such a page turner. You will keep on reading because of the mysterious effects inside it. I expected this to be a full horror book but the premise is actually diverse. The story does not only focus about ghosts and such, but also friendship and pasts.

Michael Sinclair who can see ghosts and even communicate with them. He sees them regul
P.A. Rudders
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The idea of being able to see and talk to ghosts is not a new one, but the way it manifests itself here most certainly is. This is a book that really hits the ground running. In the opening chapters the reader is introduced to the four main characters; Michael, who much to his own despair at times, can see and talk to ghosts, his two new neighbours, Kate and her brother Gavin, who both appear to be having problems of their own with the departed, and lastly, celebrity paranormal investigator, Luk ...more
S.e. Rawlings
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Move aside, Edward Cullen. Vampires are so 2005. It's 2014 and the ghosts are in.

It's true. Tune into any major television network, and chances are, you'll find some sort of television show featuring ghosts. Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, My Ghost Story: Caught on Camera, Long Island Medium, Celebrity Ghost Stories, you name it. Television has actually been into hauntings and life after death for a while now, and finally, there's a book to match.

Cemetery Tours, the firs
Sandra
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sent-by-author
Original review posted @http://sandrathebookworm.blogspot.com...

I was sent a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review

I love anything paranormal so, when the author of Cemetery Tours Jacqueline Smith contacted me to see if I wanted to review I jumped at the opportunity and I’m glad I did because I absolutely loved it. Our main character Gavin has been able to see ghosts since he was a child, but now t
Louise White
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If I believed that ghosts existed, then Jacqueline Smith's portrayal is exactly how I would imagine them to be. Cemetery tours is filled with a realism that merges seamlessly with the supernatural, and I obsessed over this book until I finished reading it.
Michael leads a relatively simple life, but carries scars and, for the most part, has ignored his psychic ability for his entire life. His apartment complex is haunted, and although he is a genuinely decent guy,  people can tell that ther
Tinsley
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Have you ever eaten a meal where the first forkful is fine, the next very good and the third so sublime you find yourself gobbling hurriedly to savour whatever else it has to offer? Cemetery Tours is the book equivalent of that meal. The deceptively simple prose draws you in to the lives of the principal protagonists, both as wholesome as apple pie on the surface but both have an obsession with ghosts. Kate has the hots for the presenter of a ghost busting TV program and Mike is blessed or curse
Areli Joy
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a paranormal horror book. It is my first time to read a book about someone who can see ghosts. I started reading it the second week of December 2016 and finished it on Christmas day. I was reading it at a slow pace because I was so afraid to read it at night so I just read it during the day! (I know, I’m such a scared baby, don’t judge me hehe)
The plot is interesting, and the writing style of Jacqueline E. Smith went well with it. It was well-paced. It was neither fast-paced n
Tracy
May 02, 2016 added it
I love scaring myself silly with ghost stories, and I've been known to watch an episode or two of Ghost Hunters and other paranormal shows, so Cemetery Tours was right up my alley! I also love the fact that it's set in Dallas, and as I live there, I could visualize the action playing out all over the Metroplex.

Michael has done his best to hide the fact that he can see ghosts. He's got plenty of reasons to keep that bit of info on the DL--wouldn't you?

But when an attractiv
Gerald Lizee
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
Cemetery Tours is a fantastic story about ghosts interacting with humans. Even if I'm not a fan of this genre, I found myself enjoying the whole book so much that I could not help reading it to the end until 3 o'clock AM.

The four main characters are very well depicted : Michael, who can see and talk with the ghosts but does not want to tell anyone; the lovely Kate, who had a dreadful car accident and lost 30 months of memories including her recent love affair; her brother Gavin, who
« previous 1 3 next »
Springtime Sale 1 1 Mar 20, 2014 12:04PM
NOOK 1 1 Dec 24, 2013 01:05PM
Goodreads Authors...: Cemetery Tours Countdown to Christmas! 2 4 Dec 09, 2013 12:35AM
Making Connections: Cemetery Tours Countdown to Christmas! 2 4 Dec 09, 2013 12:34AM
Tips for Self Pro...: Cemetery Tours Countdown to Christmas! 3 5 Dec 09, 2013 12:33AM
Indie Book Collec...: Cemetery Tours Countdown to Christmas! 1 2 Dec 06, 2013 08:33PM
What Readers are Saying About Cemetery Tours 1 1 Dec 03, 2013 07:43AM

• The Haunting Season
  • The Great Deception: Can the European Union Survive?
  • The Girls Next Door (Detective Eden Berrisford, #1)
  • Certain Dark Things
  • Life
  • Where Butterflies Pray
Jacqueline Smith was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. She attended the University of Texas at Dallas, where she earned her Bachelor's Degree in Art and Performance in 2010. Two years later, she earned her Master's Degree in Humanities. Along with writing and publishing, Jacqueline loves photography, traveling, and nature.

For more information, please visit one of the following websites

Cemetery Tours (4 books)
  • Between Worlds (Cemetery Tours, #2)
  • After Death (Cemetery Tours #3)
  • Lost Souls (Cemetery Tours #4)
“Michael had learned the hard way that nothing good came from interfering in the affairs of the afterlife.” 5 likes
“They’d never scared him, really.  When he was younger, he hadn’t known that there was anything different about them.  By the time he was old enough to figure out that no one else could see them, he was also old enough to realize that being dead didn’t turn people into monsters.  It just meant that most of them were lonely. ” 2 likes