Start by marking “Flame Caller (World Aflame, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flame Caller (World Aflame, #2)

Flame Caller

(World Aflame #2)

THE EARTH GIVES WAY TO THE SEA,
THE SEA BOWS BEFORE THE WIND,
THE WIND FEEDS THE FLAME,
THE FLAME BURNS THE WORLD OF MAN DOWN TO THE EARTH.

White Halls is no longer a sleepy little town. Its houses lie smoldering on their foundations. The residents take refuge in their homes, afraid to leave. And the town’s prodigal son and newest Wind Warrior, Xander Sirocco, has fled.

Xander
Published September 9th 2013 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Flame Caller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flame Caller

Start your review of Flame Caller (World Aflame, #2)
Jola
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is even better than the first one in this series! In this one is also action right from the start and we learn more about the world Jon Messenger created. The introduction of the Elementals was very refreshing and brought a new dynamic to the story. (view spoiler).
The journey the Wind Warriors are goin
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Jon Messenger may be bringing about the Apocalypse, but he’s gifting readers with Xander’s intriguing world while doing it!

Read full review in the 2013 Dec/Jan Holiday issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Amanda Shelley-Masters
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and Incredible Read! Jon had done it again! I couldn't put the book down! I think it may be even better then the last one, He sure has our done himself for sure! there was even more action and drama, more power and intrigue and most of all more adventure!

THE EARTH GIVES WAY TO THE SEA,
THE SEA BOWS BEFORE THE WIND,
THE WIND FEEDS THE FLAME,
THE FLAME BURNS THE WORLD OF MAN DOWN TO THE EARTH.

Xander may have survived the first round with the fire Caste but what he lost far out weighs the rewa
Michael Loring
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Flame Caller is the second in Author Jon Messenger’s World Aflame series, and continues the epic tale of Xander Sirocco; the twenty-year-old slacker turned hero.

This book takes place immediately after Wind Warrior, Xander dealing with the death of his parents and his grandfather’s injury. Everything around him is crumbling, the Fire Caste is winning and the world is falling apart. He’s in despair, not knowing what to do. It takes the whispered words of the wind to remind him that there’s still a
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!!!
***Received this ebook from Clean Teen Publishing for an honest review

Okay I mentioned this before, but the cover on this book is awesome. It works and attracts you to the book. I love everything about it!! Marya rocks at making covers for Clean Teen!!

Jon tells us a fabulous story. He has a way with words that you feel that you are right there with the characters.

Xander is a great hero though I did want to slap Xander a few times when he was havi
Radeyah H.  Ali
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Flame Caller is the second installment of the World Aflame series by Jon Messenger.

After reading the first book I could not wait to get my hands on the second one to see how the story unfolded. It was not a disappointment!! I thoroughly enjoyed every second if this novel. It was fast paced and exciting throughout and every spare chance I got - even in between my classes - I was reading it. It was just that good.

The story line I think, develops well from Book 1 and themes and ideas are develope
Magen McMinimy
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The saga continues...
A few quick points to start this review: I still love Sean best, Jessica is definitely growing on me, poor Sammy and I'm looking forward to the next book.

The connection between Xander and Sammy is explored and explained in this installment. The path that the two main characters are on leaves me wondering where the heck this series is going and I cannot wait to find out where this all leads.

Sean and Jessica have a much larger role and I can't begin to tell you how glad I am a
Tina Brimlow
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think Jon could beat the first book Wind Warrior but he beat it out of the park with Flame Caller.

With his parents gone and his grandfather in a coma (which broke my heart by the way I love him) he now feels the weight of what he is meant to do. Xander is luck that he has Sammy by his side, Well until she gets kidnapped (Why did you hae to make her get kidnapped for Jon? I am joking Jon). It broke my heart to see Sammy get kidnapped. But now Xander has to find a way to save her and Eart
Rebecca Larsen
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Flame Caller is the 2nd book in the World Aflame series.

I found it to be even more catching and eventful than Wind Warrior. With the Wind Warriors struggling to survive the Fire Warriors, Xander must find the Wind Elemental to help save the world and to try and save Sammy from becoming the Fire Elemental's host.

my favorite quote from this book would have to be when Xander told Sammy... "You're stuck with me, for good or bad. We're in this for the longhaul."
Samantha
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was an awesome follow up too the first one. I am completely hooked on this series. I love watching Xander and Sammy change in their roles as the embrace their powers and situations around them. I can't wait for the third one to be released!!!!!!!!!!! ...more
Michele Skinner
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Flame Caller was as great as Wind Warrior.i love reading books about people who have elemental powers, can't wait for the third book! ...more
Ethan Gregory
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full review can be found at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

***********************************************************************************
My Thoughts:

Okay, to anyone who read my review of Wind Warrior, you will remember that it definitely wasn't my favorite book ever, but I did highly praise Messenger's ability to craft this new paranormal world. My biggest complain was that the branding of the book was a little off. I highly criticized the fact that it's marketed as an NA when it
Deborah Bean
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Flame Caller by Jon Messenger picks up right where Wind Warrior leaves off. There are more twists and turns to the story as Xander struggles to figure out how to stop the end of the world. Sammy is being held hostage by her clan. I feel my heart break for Xander as he experiences more losses to the war. He finds the answer to how to fight the fire elemental, but it does not come without a cost.
There is a twist at the end of the book that had me talking to myself. I so look forward to reading the
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
2.5 stars.

Please see my review for the first book here.

The second book is better than the first, but it's kind of hard when I had all the information from the first book and there are these preconceived notions from that and then still inconsistencies in this one. I also feel like the characters aren't acting their age and that not enough information is given, still, to know what exactly is going on or why things are playing out as they are. I hope that the third book will clear things up quite
Melissa
*** I won this book through Goodreads******

This is a second book in a series and I find that second books are just an interlude between two books. Usually not too much happens and I felt that was the case with this one. I will most likely read the third in the series just to see what happens with the world.
Dalene
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
First off thank you to the publisher for providing me a copy of this book. I have to say I wasn't the craziest fan of this one compared to the first. It did keep me interested but I loved when Xander learned about his powers. From the start you go right into the story and action. It makes you want to read more and see how the story ends. I can't wait to see how the series ends. ...more
Christie R.
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

Amazing!

This book was the second book in the series and teaches you more about the Elements. This is a must read!
Hannah
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was better a second time around I guess.
David Torres
Jan 12, 2018
William
Jul 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Mountain of Mars (Starship's Mage, #8)
  • Christmas Eve
  • Brief Cases (The Dresden Files, #15.1)
  • Job Placement (The Dresden Files, #15.2)
  • Welcome to the Jungle
  • Jim Butcher's Dresden Files: Ghoul Goblin
  • Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Down Town
  • Mike (The Dresden Files #9.5)
  • Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: War Cry
  • Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Wild Card (Series Omnibus, Signed Limited Edition)
  • The Pandora Paradox (Omega Force #12)
  • Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Dog Men
  • Goodbye (The Dresden Files, #12.1)
  • Journal (The Dresden Files, #11.1)
  • Everything the Light Touches (The Dresden Files, #15.?)
  • Rise of the ULTRAs (The Last Hero, #2)
  • The Heartstone Blade (The Dark Ability, #2)
  • ULTRA (The Last Hero, #1)
Jon Messenger (Born 1979 in London, England) serves as an United States Army Major in the Medical Service Corps. Since graduating from the University of Southern California in 2002, writing Science Fiction has remained his passion, a passion that has continued through multiple combat and humanitarian deployments. Jon wrote the "Brink of Distinction" trilogy, of which "Burden of Sisyphus" is the fi ...more

World Aflame (4 books)
  • Wind Warrior (World Aflame, #1)
  • Water Shaper (World Aflame, #3)
  • Earth God (World Aflame Saga #4)