Start by marking “Roly-Poly Monster” as Want to Read:
Roly-Poly Monster

Roly-Poly Monster

Come meet Roly-Poly Monster, a curious new monster friend, and join him as he rolls throughout his day - playing, exploring and of course, rolling!
Published September 8th 2013 by Charity Tober (first published September 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Roly-Poly Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roly-Poly Monster

Start your review of Roly-Poly Monster
Rhoda D'Ettore
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable story about a "monster" child that basically does what kids do-- barely eats his breakfast then runs outside, goes to the park, the beach, and explores the world. Eventually he's exhausted and heads off to sleep. At first I thought it a cute device to get kids' attention with the rhyming verse, however, the concept that a monster is just like a child is something any parent can use to deal with the "monster in the closet" syndrome. "What? A monster in your closet? It's just R ...more
Veronica ⭐️
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, childrens
Roly Poly rolls out if bed has breakfast then rolls out the door, down the sidewalk to the park to play. After a picnic lunch with mum and dad monster, Roly Poly is off to the beach. After much fun diving,swimming and playing in the sand it's time to go home. A quick dinner, bath then bed. Goodnight Roly Poly.
The children just love to follow Roly Poly as he ventures through a fun day in monster land. Lovely bright, vibrant colours and short rhyming verse make this an appealing book for preschool
TCG
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a colorful and cute picture book for toddlers. Roly poly is a cute monster who rolls everywhere - streets, beach, underwater... Read it in your ipad or phone instead of the kindle, because the illustrations are amazing and lovable with bright catchy colors. I'm surprised the book is priced cheap. We enjoyed every page of it, and your kid will keep asking to re-read it every night.
Jola
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review also on www.jolasbookshelf.wordpress.com

'Roly-Poly Monster' is a cute book for little children. Altough I'm far from one, I enjoyed this story. The monster is very sweet looking and adorable and I think children will find the story absolutely engaging with all the amazing illustrations.
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Roly Poly monster got out of bed one day and started rolling, and rolling, and rolling. He rolled through the house, down the sidewalk, through the park, and on and on he goes, seeing the sights on the way. Finally, after rolling around all over the neighborhood, Roly Poly rolls back to his house, grabs food as he rolls past the table, rolling to the bathtub and then into bed. And that is how Roly Poly’s day goes. But this is just a little bit about his day. You need to read the book to find all
P.A. Rudders
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A charming little book for young children. I read this with my 4 year old grandson, and a fun time was had by all. The dialogue and vocabulary is deliberately kept simple for the younger end of the children’s market but the nature of the writing makes it easy for the reader to improvise and expand on depending on the level of development and vocabulary of the child they’re reading to. Much of the story is interspaced with some some clever and fun rhyming.

This isn’t a demanding story or one that
Mary Brown
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Roly-Poly Monster by Charity Tober is an adorable children’s book. The story is about the adventures Roly-Poly Monster has in a day. Whether he’s going to the park, eaing or taking a bath, he just keeps rolling. The activities are the same as all young child could experience in a day, so the young ones can relate to the story.

I thought the rhyming was clever and age-appropriate words were used. The illustrations were bright, colorful and adorable. Children can tell their own story just by foll
Scott Spotson
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sooo cute! And the words flew easily off the tip of my tongue. It's hard to write rhymes in an entrancing way, but this was done!

The logical progression was very sound. We have the Roly-Poly Monster get out of bed, go to the park to play, and then to the beach, and back to bed. And these are all activities that very young children can relate to!

I would guess the age range for this book would be from 2 to 7 years old.

Cheery, fun, smooth-flowing story! What more can we ask for? Drawings very brigh
Russell Whitehead
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
If you're like me, you're constantly on the lookout for new material to share with your little ones. I picked this up on Amazon and I'm really glad I did! The story is fun to read and talk about and the illustrations are fun too. You can trace Roly-Poly Monster's trail with your finger on the page or your kids may just want to roll along with him on his adventures. Its entirely up to you! A great book for your little people!
Shanelle
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Roly-Poly Monster by Charity Tober is adventurous from beginning to end. I love the rhymes and I love how Roly-Poly rolls his way through the day! This story is captivating even with its simplicity. The colors are vibrant and they really capture the essence of each adventure. I think this book would still be a hit without words since it's very easy for children to follow. It keeps you wondering what will happen next because you never know with a monster on the loose!
Kirstin Lenane
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Roly-Poly Monster's romp through town is a fun-filled adventure that kids will love! Join him as he bounces through Monster Town, into the sea and back home again. The illustrations are beautiful and the rhyming words keep things moving. This is a very cute book, I look forward to reading the rest in the series!
Marjorie
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Given To Me For An Honest Review

This is such a cute book to read. It is about Roly-Poly Monster. It's about how he starts his day rolling out the front door and is off all day doing what roly- polys do. It really brings out so much imagination in a child. The colors and pictures are very bright. It's a book that will be read over and over again. I highly recommend it.
Rhonda Lauritzen
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very cute little book with energetic illustrations, vibrant colors and catchy rhyme. The story line is great to hold a child's attention and capture their imagination. This is one of the best children's books I have added to my Kindle library in quite some time. I'll be getting more by this author/illustrator duo.
Alicia Emamdee
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute story for little children to enjoy. It's a great book for helping children to use their imaginations. Plus the graphics were so colorful. I would recommend this book to any parents with little ones.
Neil McFarlane
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet little rhyming picture book about a cute monster who rolls everywhere and has lots of fun. The illustrations and the simple story are very bright and jolly and young children are sure to enjoy reading it with their parents.
James Terzian
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book for a child and I enjoyed it and brings out the child in me. It rhymes well and is overall fun to read. I will be waiting for more.
Samreen Ahsan
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-library
my four-years old loved it. Although I read her this book on kindle paper white (without colors) but she enjoyed the book. She asks me to read it EVERYDAY :)
Melissa
I was very interested in this book when I saw a posting by the author on goodreads. I sent her an
email asking for a review copy. Luckily enough the author informed me of when it was going to be free on Amazon and I immediately jumped at the chance to grab a free copy.

Roly Poly Monster is a cute little monster who bounces and rolls every where he goes. He has an excitement filled day that included going to the beach. The book follows him from morning to bedtime.

Ok first these monsters are CUTE.
Susan
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely adorable book. My youngest keeps reading it over and over and over . . . Roly-Poly Monster tells of all the fun adventures a young monster has throughout his day as he rolls all over joining his friends in all different kinds of fun activities. The illustrations are absolutely adorable and the story itself is so fun and fanciful that children of all ages will enjoy reading about Roly-Poly and his fun-filled day. Although recommended for children ages 2 - 5, I think this is ...more
Iris A
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
The graphics accompanying this story is superb. It's colorful and fun and clearly illustrated the words written on the pages. Some parts of the story have rhyming sentences, which I like, though some also had some transition gaps. The words are appropriate for the targeted age range. Overall, the book is very well done. It will be interesting to know what sort of activities Roly-Poly will see himself into next time...
Lena Goldfinch
Adroable! As a Sunday School teacher of 2 - 3 years, I enjoyed this little tale a lot! Roll along with Roly-Poly Monster throughout his day, playing, snacking, and visiting the beach, and roll, roll, rolling straight on through to bedtime. And having fun doing it. :-) A cute story that made me laugh in places. With colorful, whimsical illustrations and a bright cheerful attitude, this red Roly-Poly Monster is sure to please 2 - 3 year olds (and even a bit older).
Jessica
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-my-s-books
My six year old read this tonight to me for our 'Three Books a Week For Summer Break Challenge'. This was perfect for him. Long enough that I felt it was sufficient for summer reading but also short enough that it kept his interest. The illustrations are bright and crisp. The sentences rhyme making it fun. Roly-Poly is full of energy just like my rambunctious little boy.
Wendy Unsworth
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a lovely, bright and bouncing story for very small children! Roly-Poly Monster rolls out of the door and his adventure for the day begins. The simple, rhyming story is accompanied by the most vibrant illustrations and I liked that the emphasis was on pure fun. Great for toddlers.
Victoria Schwimley
Colorful fun monsters

I read this to my grandson, age 4. He maintained interest through the entire story. When we finished I asked how much he liked it: it was okay? A lot? Or a super whole bunch. He said a super whole bunch, so we gave it a five-star rating.
Russel Lazega
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I really really like it!" Says my 7 year old

Quick, easy to read, and fun illustration. My child has dyslexia and this was a great book for her to work on her reading skills. It kept her engaged and challenged her.
Linda Burson
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable

The rhyming is fun and it flows well. The pictures are precious, and I think children up to eight will enjoy the story and the drawings. Those who can't read yet will have fun following along with the artwork.
Fara Marthone
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
nice little reading for the little ones
Mariana Farcas
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Roll along with Roly-Poly through his day at the beach! This is a great book for toddlers with great colorful pictures. I can see Roly-Poly as a big animation hit for kids.
Amanda
Aug 16, 2016 added it
My six year old son and I enjoyed reading this for bedtime!
Amanda
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Reading this book to my six year old son!
Free Book Giveaway: FREE Children's Picture Book (June 25/26) 1 4 Jun 25, 2014 04:25AM

• The Priest with Dirty Clothes: A Timeless Story of God's Love and Forgiveness
  • The Donkey Who Carried a King
  • The Lightlings
  • The National Parks: America's Best Idea
  • Captain No Beard and the Aurora Borealis (Captain No Beard, #7)
  • THE THINGS I'M GRATEFUL FOR
  • Alphabet Book of Whimsical Animals (A Learn to Book 2)
  • Billy Bob the Dog & Torkelson Turtle: Good Food Gone Bad
  • 5 Minute Tales - Bedtime Stories
  • The Magical Zoo #1
  • Free Childrens Book series: Camelea Like a Seagull (Camelea, #1)
  • Sam The Talking Goat: Children's Sight Word Picture Book Bedtime Story (with BOOK VIDEO!) (Early Reader Books 1)
  • The Magic Pencil! (Pirate Ship and the Kraken)
  • Dragon's Breath
  • The Sages of Chelm and the Moon
  • Illustrated Would You Rather? (Silly Kids and Family Scenarios 1)
  • Dog Jokes: Funny Jokes for Kids!
  • Jimmy the Giraffe: Short Stories, Games, Jokes, and More!
Charity Tober has been creating and writing stories for as long as she can remember and became a professional freelance writer in 2010. She published her first children's picture book titled Roly-Poly Monster in 2013 and followed up with Roly-Poly Monster Goes to the Zoo in 2014. Both picture books were illustrated by her husband Andrew Tober.

She is currently working on several YA and MG novels -