Start by marking “True Bliss (Bliss, #2)” as Want to Read:
True Bliss (Bliss, #2)

True Bliss (Bliss #2)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  1,405 Ratings  ·  176 Reviews
She watched her best friend find her superhero.
Now she wants her turn.

Despite a run of bad dates with Mr. Wrong, Mr. Boring, Mr. Bad Breath, Mr. Grabby Hands, and even Mr. Say I Love You After One Date To Get Into Your Pants, Kate McGuinness is more determined than ever to find the one.

Having tried everything else, she turns to the internet in a last ditch attempt to find
Kindle Edition
Published November 25th 2013 (first published November 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about True Bliss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Bliss

Lisa Jayne
Dec 01, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
FOUR ZANDER-LICIOUS STARS.

description

Hello readers, new year, new books and I've been in somewhat of a sticky patch with my reading. So with that in mind and an already successful start to her series with book one 'temporary bliss' I jumped right into book two and B J Harvey has successfully delivered just what I needed; a sexy, sweet story complete with a hero that quite frankly can cuff me anytime he wants. 'True bliss' made me smile, blush and happily fall in love. Here are my four star book thoughts ..
Brenna
Sep 16, 2013 Brenna rated it it was amazing
"I want true, total body mind and soul, bliss.”

Kate is a bit of a dreamer. She’s a good girl just looking for her Prince Charming, but all she’s had are Mr. Wrongs. After her best friend found her happy ending, she is even more determined to put herself out there, even trying internet dating. All the while having a certain 6’2’’ gorgeous, charismatic someone on her mind.
Dammit. Why did Zander have to be such a gentleman? For one night, he had the chance to just be a normal guy and think with
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Sep 09, 2013 [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
4 stars

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Now we get Zander's book or as I remember him, the stripper. Zander is Mac' ex sex buddy and Kate is Mac's best friend. Awkward right?!

Kate has been on several dating disasters and looking for THE ONE. I liked her except for her reaction to Zander at the end was a little over the top for me.

Zander was a sweetheart and a big softy:

I sound like a girl, but I don't care

It was a good second book and I really enjoyed the dating and internet chatting. However, I felt there was a bit too
J
Jan 14, 2014 J rated it really liked it

True Bliss is book 2 in the series. They can be read as standalone but I do recommend reading Temporary Bliss first, if not just for the pure epicness that is Mac.

True Bliss is a fun, sexy, and romantic read that left me craving more of BJ's Writing.

Kate is just looking for her Prince Charming. Simple Right? Wrong. Always one to fall for Mr Wrong, Kate is determined to find Mr Right.

"I want true, total body mind and soul, bliss.”

Stripper by night and a cop in training during the day, Z
Brianna
Apr 12, 2017 Brianna rated it it was amazing
These books will be the death of me. I kid you not. I'm falling in love with these characters so hard!!! I loved Kate and Zander!!! I just want to gush, that's usually what I do when writing reviews especially when I love a book like these! I just gush about how much I love them! I also love that these are quick reads but enough where you're satisfied and not feel like something is missing. Nope, all there. All the feels. I love it.
Jeanne
Nov 08, 2013 Jeanne rated it really liked it

I thought this was really sweet. It's book two in this series, and I would definitely read book one first. Mac and Daniel from book one are in this a lot and the last two chapters continue their story. This book focuses on Kate, Mac's best friend and roommate. Mac and Kate are similar in a lot of ways, especially sense of humor. In terms of looking for a relationship, Kate doesn't have Mac's commitment issues. She is looking for her prince charming and happily ever after.

" I don't just want
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Kate McGuinness (best friend to Mac from Temporary Bliss) is a forever kind of girl. She wants the perfect future with her prince and all that comes her way are a bunch of frogs. I loved reading about Kate’s journey and her awful dates, it was realistic that she didn’t just find the one.

Long after his lips leave mine, I still felt marked. With one touch, one caress of his tongue against mine, my entire body was set ablaze.

Who is the man that does this to Kate…Zander freaking Roberts. The sexy as
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 09, 2013 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it
4.5 G.O.G. Stars!!

description

I loved this book and can’t wait for more in this series! We met all these characters in Temporary Bliss (Bliss #1) and spending time with them again was a real treat!

True Bliss begins with Kate talking about her desire to meet Mr Right instead of Mr Right Now and I have to say that reading this book was like being on a brunch dates with my single mates and listening to them bemoan the lack of men out there looking to settle down, of hearing their plight of looking for, but n
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Sep 26, 2013 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it it was amazing
True Bliss (Bliss #2) by BJ Harvey
4.5 stars!!

I can’t wait to work my way through this band of merry men that BJ Harvey introduced us to in Mac and Daniel’s story. This is the turn of Zander “the stripper” and Kate, Mac’s best friend and flat mate!

Kate is a dreamer, she dreams of fairy castles, princesses, her prince and her knight in shining armour, whisking her away and giving her the perfect HEA that she always dreamt of.

“See, here’s the problem. I don’t just want a good love, one of those eve
Nikki Groom
Sep 09, 2013 Nikki Groom rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, blog-tour
This is Kate and Zanders story. It can easily be read as a Stand-alone but for full effect I recommend you read Temporary Bliss to meet the whole gang from the beginning. There are appearances from Mac and Daniel in True Bliss which makes my heart VERY happy! I love these guys!

As much as I loved all the characters that we discovered in Temporary bliss, ‘True Bliss wasn’t the one I was most excited for. Well, I really shouldn’t underestimate the power BJ Harvey has to bring characters to life and
Tricia  Santos
Sep 09, 2013 Tricia Santos rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by author for honest review and blog tour**

**Warning: True Bliss is book 2 in the series. They can be read as standalones. However, I STRONGLY recommend you read Temporary Bliss before you read this one. See review for Temporary Bliss here http://bit.ly/IeHWxq**

Gahhh I didn’t think I would love the story of Kate and Zander, but as usual B.J. Harvey surprises me with how amazing her books are. Actually, to be honest, her writing is getting better and better with each book she write
MsChris1161
Mar 23, 2017 MsChris1161 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed
Zander and Kate's story is a great follow-up to Temporary Bliss, the first book in B.J. Harvey's Bliss series. Ms Harvey continues on with her outrageous wit, heart-pounding sex scenes, great down-to-earth characters, and overall hilarious writing style. Zander, was one of Mac's friends with benefits hookups who after Mac dumped him for Daniel, began to notice her best friend, Kate. Kate was more than ready to find her own prince charming, and Mac's sexy ex boy toy was hard to miss. These two we ...more
Michelle
Sep 17, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
ARC received from author.

True Bliss is Kate's story, although it can be read as a stand alone; reading Temporary Bliss first is highly recommended. Since both Zander & Kate are introduced in the first book and Mac & Daniel play a big role in the second book.

Kate's looking for love, her happily ever after. She wants the real deal kind of love, but can't seem to find anything but schmucks within the city of Chicago.

"I want the kind of crazy love we've been warned about. The kind of love
Stacey is Sassy
Apr 05, 2015 Stacey is Sassy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy, cont-series
Nightdancer wants his Firebird forever.....

True Bliss is the second in the Bliss series. This story starts off with us getting to know Kate and Zander. Kate is the best friend of Mac, the heroine in Temporary Bliss and Zander was Mac's stripper friends with benefits who was also a Rookie Cop. Kate has always loved her fairytales and hopes to one day meet the man of her dreams to love and protect her like all Prince Charming's should. Zander had met Kate and thought she was wonderful but their fi
Claire
Nov 22, 2013 Claire rated it it was amazing
Kate and Zander met in Temporary Bliss. Something happened between the two of them but we're not enlightened as to what exactly.

Now in True Bliss we get to learn more about Zander and get inside his head. We also understand a little more of Kate and get to know and love her.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There were some amazingly inventive sex scenes and a few more almost-sex scenes. When I first started this book I was concerned as to how the author was going to manage steamy scenes with a mai
Angela Booth
Sep 09, 2013 Angela Booth rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous read!!! Loved from beginning to end :) the perfect amount of romance, sexiness, frustration and humour!!!
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

5 Kate and Zander Stars

I can't truly express the love I have for this series. I absolutely loved Temporary Bliss ( Book 1 ) and this book was no different. I loved this one just as much as book 1. I fell in love with Zander in book 1 and was so excited to know he was getting his own book. I also loved Kate from book 1. She was Mac's spunky BFF and I loved her personality. She kind of reminded me of me sometimes. So to know that these
Marci
Dec 27, 2013 Marci rated it it was ok
I know I am a hard reviewer, I don't award 5-stars very often, but I cannot understand all the 5-star ratings here. This book was just frustrating! Not only was the plot thin, and the characters not always likable (Mac mostly), but there were numerous format errors that interrupted the flow of the book for at least the first half! Do people get different versions, or just not care about or notice inconsistencies in their books? I would think the issues I saw in the first half would be a star ded ...more
Kim
Sep 09, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

"I want the kind of crazy love we've been warned about. The kind of love that makes your heart skip a beat. The kind of love that makes you want to dance in the rain and bottle up the sunset while screaming at the top of your lungs. The kind of love that authors write about, musicians sing about and lovers dream about. I want true, total body mind and soul, bliss."

We were introduced to Kate and Zander in Temporary Bliss. Kate is still looking for her own Prince Charming while her best
Jamie  Zishka
Nov 20, 2013 Jamie Zishka rated it really liked it
This story was certainly in the top 10 favorite books for me this year. This story is in a series that started with Temporary Bliss with Mac and Daniel. I loved that book as much as I love this one! It is definitely a 4.5 star for me! You meet the 2 main characters for this book in the first book temp bliss -- Kate was Mac's best friend and Zander was actually one of Mac's friends with benefits!
Kate AKA firebird--- She was determined to find the kind of love that her best friend found with Dani
Karen Harper
Sep 09, 2013 Karen Harper rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to read “True Bliss” as an ARC in exchange for a truthful review, but I fully intend to buy a beautiful copy for my Kindle bookshelf.
Before I begin telling you about this amazing book without giving away too much, there are two things I need to say.
First of all, “True Bliss” is a standalone book, but I recommend that you read “Temporary Bliss” first because there are characters and events that carry over from the first book to the second. Secondly, I think this is the first time
Allison
Nov 19, 2013 Allison rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, kindle-hdx
~Arc provided by Author in exchange for honest review~

4 Stars

We were first introduced to Kate and Zander in Bliss #1, Temporary Bliss.
Kate is feisty redhead that has had her fair share of bad dates but still is looking for her prince charming. She has set back for the past 6 months while Mac, her best friend and room mate fell in love with her superhero.
Zander former friend with benefit of Mac, has been accepted into the Chicago PD training recruit and on weekends still stripping and dancing
Barb Johnson
Sep 16, 2013 Barb Johnson rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC Copy

4.5 awesome stars.
Kate: beautiful, sweet, looking for the "one", has trust issues from her past.....
Zander: sexy, fun, loyal, looking for that special lady....

With a slow budding friendship between the two, a match-making/hormonal "MacAttack" in the middle, and new living arrangements and a quick slip of internet dating, let the swooning begin between these two amazing characters. The connection, the passion, the banter, they fit together like two peas in a pod, like they were meant to b
Janey
Sep 09, 2013 Janey rated it liked it
Shelves: series
I really loved Temporary Bliss, and was looking forward to the second instalment of Kate (Mac's BF) and Zander (one of Mac's bed buddies).

However, it lacked a little something for me. The characters didn't seem to have the easy banter that Daniel & Mac enjoyed, and I found myself skimming.

Was good to see how Mac & her superhero were getting on, and I did enjoy the 2 bonus chapters at the end!
Lexi Cubbins
As far as light-hearted rom-coms go, this one was true bliss, indeed!

Just a hint of drama, a forever kind of heroine and a protective hero who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it. I missed Kate's fun side that we were introduced to in the first book, but Zan was way better than my imagination. Swoon!
Dyndyn
Nov 06, 2013 Dyndyn rated it really liked it
Another great read! I enjoyed Kate & Zander's story. They had an easy enough relationship despite the prolonged teasing & massive sexual tension.

Lots of laugh out loud moments from Kate & Mac, as usual. Love their kind of friendship.

Especially loved the treat at the end!
Sammie
Aug 26, 2014 Sammie rated it liked it
A nice addition to the series but I just don't rate the writing. It's sometimes cheesy and it's always predictable. I know I wanted an easy and light read so it gets points for being just that but it just didn't do it for me.
Georgia Cruz
Dec 01, 2013 Georgia Cruz rated it it was amazing
It's fun and enjoyable to read! Their friendship is so cool! Banters and witty comments are all over the book! Found myself smiling the whole time. Us girls really need that soulmate. Wishing I can have that True Bliss Kate have. Book boyfriends are so much better than real guys.
Wendy
Sep 09, 2013 Wendy rated it it was amazing
5+stars for stripper man Zan!!!

BJ Harvey stomped it with this one. Of the 4 books I've read by her, this is by far my favorite.
Full review to come.
Angie
Sep 09, 2013 Angie rated it really liked it
Can I have a piece of Zander? My God...
  • Diesel
  • Nico (The Leaves, #3)
  • Clover
  • Ravenous
  • Text (Take It Off, #4)
  • How Many Chances (Chances, #2)
  • Bare Assets
  • Breaking Spades (Hamden, #4)
  • Sex Snob
  • Lie to Me (Redemption, #1)
  • Mastered By The Mavericks--A WILD Boys Novel (The WILD Boys of Special Forces Book 8)
  • Pretending She's His (Hard Feelings, #2.5)
  • Chance of Rain
  • Iron Cross (The Dartmouth Cobras #6)
  • Fearless Attraction (Cassie, #2)
  • Reflect Me (Reflect Me, #1)
  • Saving My Submission (The Doms of Genesis, #4)
  • Finding Willow (Hers, #2)
BJ Harvey is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Bliss Series. She also regards herself as a smut peddler, suspense conjurer and a funny romance thinker upper.

An avid music fan, you will always find her singing some hit song badly but loving every minute of it. She’s a wife, a mom to two beautiful girls, and hails from what she considers as the best country in the world—New Zealand.

Facebook:
More about B.J. Harvey...

Bliss (4 books)
  • Temporary Bliss (Bliss, #1)
  • Blissful Surrender (Bliss, #3)
  • Finding Bliss (Bliss, #4)