Start by marking “Grim (Tornians, #1)” as Want to Read:
Grim (Tornians, #1)

Grim

(Tornians #1)

King Grim Vasteri is the most feared warrior in the Tornian Empire. He has been sent by his Emperor to find and retrieve compatible females for their dying civilization.

King Grim Vasteri is the strongest and most feared warrior in the Tornian Empire, King of Luda, blood brother to the Emperor, but his line will die with him as no female would join with him, for once he was
Published August 30th 2013 by M.K. Eidem

To ask other readers questions about Grim, please sign up.
Πό πη It seemed weird to me too, especially since there is no mention of their age differences being normal or not based on their respective cultures. As ra…moreIt seemed weird to me too, especially since there is no mention of their age differences being normal or not based on their respective cultures. As rachel i thought maybe 40 is not as old as with humans, but wouldn't a 19 year old still be too young in tornian culture for a 40+ guy? I think in other alien romances there is a point in the book where the characters deal with this thing, they compare the ages someone is considered old enough and figure it out.
Also Oryon is of similar age as Wray and he has grown up sons, Isis thinks she is too old to have more children, at 18 the females have a joining ceremony... so far it seems similar to humans.
I guess to me the issue is, what is the point of making them this young?
Even Lisa started having kids too young on Earth... like "what's wrong woth a 30 year old woman"????(less)

Start your review of Grim (Tornians, #1)
Jaycee
*Previously posted on Amazon.com*

4.5 stars, and a plea to fellow readers:

This was an excellent story at the heart of it. Great concept. Solid basic design and heartfelt execution.

Was it perfect execution? No. But herein lies my plea to fellow readers, and I will subject you to it prior to my actual review:

The large, NY-type Publishing houses take horrible advantage of readers; that's a known fact. They take even more horrible advantage of writers as I've learned in the past year or so. To that e
Jilly
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oooh, alien smut where Earth women are taken to another galaxy because they don't have enough women? Count me in! But, you won't find that much actual smut here. It's so much more.

I know what you're saying, "But, Jilly, why would I want to read alien smut if there isn't much smut?" I hear ya, sister! Let's make a toast to blue aliens with ridges!

But, do you like castles, kings, lords, feudal systems, and court intrigue?

Do you like the amusing situations of a man having no idea how our earthy min
HJ
Aug 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Wondering why anyone could possibly give this any higher than a 2 star even if they absolutely loved the story. Authors will NEVER learn to STOP asking for money for their fucking drafts if they aren't held accountable by the readers.

If you can't afford an editor, then post it on a free-to-read AMATEUR site where readers expect errors.

****OR*****

Get an editor for grammar/punctuation, and learn how to be consistent with tense and point of views.

Terrible, TERRIBLE writing/grammar/editing issues i

1 - Horrible (DNF)
2 - Not Horrible, BUT Not Much Better
3 – It Was OK, BUT Nothing Special
4 - The Good Stuff
5 - Loved It! Can’t Live Without It! Buying the Hardcopy!!!

Overview:
My summary of this story: I was kidnapped by an alien and I owned that $h!t!!!!!!

Lisa, a widowed mother of two, is kidnapped by super-hot aliens (OF COURSE). Almost at once she assesses her situation and demands t
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Third read.
4.5 stars.
I still loved it as much as I did when I first read it if not more. One of the best heroes there is.

**First Read** 9/2013
5 ⭐️

**Reread** 7/23/17

4 ⭐️s!!

This book has been one of my favorites and happy to said that has NOT changed at ALL. But I took 1 star off from the original rating and I'll explain why.

I loved Grim.

I loved how he loved Lisa and her girls.
This book has been one of the few books where the dead spouse trope didn't bothered me at all.

In days like these wh
R *is for Relentless*
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: alien, sci-fi
SciFi alien capture romance/erotica My feelings on this book are mixed. I loved it- 5 stars I could not put it down. I finished it at 2:30 in the morning when I had to be up at 6:30! I wanted to know what happened to Grim and Lisa. I love this kind of book.
However, (1 star)the editing was nonexistent. I don't think it was done at all. The book was full of wrong words, bad sentence structure, names wrong and a multitude more grammatical errors. There were other elements that were somewhat annoy
Hayat
“You are mine Lisa and I will not give you up. You have opened my world, given me little girls and I will not give them up either, not because of what they represent but because they are a part of you."

This is my first reread of Grim, the first book in the Tornians series (each one is a stand-alone novel) ,and I can honestly say this book is a solid 4 star story and better than the sequel, Wray, because there's passion, slow-building romance and a believable relationship, some world buildin
CC
Re read

Still love Grim. So much so he makes up for the sometimes annoying Lisa and her stepford children.

There is an expression in this book I love and want to use in RL. Basically instead is saying "Really?" They say "Truth?" I wonder what people will do if I start saying that?

I really enjoyed this one! Great world building, good secondary characters, great hero and heroine and 2 adorable little girls who played a big part in the story but did not take away from the sexy/hotness of it
Mei
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf
What an unexpected and unusual romance!
I really enjoyed this story!

Seeing this really bad cover, I expect the usual SF-abductors-romance, where the heroine is a little stupid, a little overwhelmed, a little too beautiful.

But no, here she's a real life mother protecting her children with the side benefit of finding love with the alien. Said this way it may seem awful, but it is really good and I enjoyed it very much!

Lisa is strong and highly intelligent. When she finds herself in a bad situatio
T00zday
LOVE this book. Constantly re-read. Such a good story and the hero & heroine act like ADULTS the whole time! Long read you WONT want to put down. Self Published author, so there's some editing issues, but greatness on plot & character development. Can't WAIT for the next book in this series. :)

Tornian females are a selfish, self-centered, gold-digging, entitled bunch of spoiled brats. But since the male to female ratio for Tornians is 200 to 1, female Tornians can get away with that behavior.
Denisa
2.5 Mixed feelings about this one

On the one hand, it was fun. The characters were good, and the plot was engaging. It made me curious, which is the only reason I managed to finish this book.

On the other hand, though... how do I put it lightly... THE GRAMMAR WAS ATROCIOUS!

I've read all the previous reviews saying that the grammar is bad, but what we have here isn't 'bad' grammar, this is Google Translate form Janapese or something (yes, it's that bad). For the first 15%, I wanted to burn the boo
Raine
Reread this book for the 2nd time. Still loved it despite the editing errors. I didn't count after the 30th mistake. Though it should be noted that I think the author wasn't decided on the name of a secondary character, Rebecca. She kept switching between Rebecca and Rachel. During my first read of this book I thought they were two separate characters, but then I did a search of the names and realized that the author meant for this to be one character and that should have been called Rebecca ins ...more
Tam
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it
My rating and comments may seem at odds but at heart this is a great book that I wish had been edited. If you have some editing peeves about books I highly recommend that you try the sample as most of the issues I'll mention appear in the sample. The issues are:

Word choice:
It isn't spelling so much as the wrong word being used. The one that first jumped out at me was consul being used instead of console. This is not the only example and it continues for the length of the book.

Character Name Chan
Stacie
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very solid 4 "Loving me some Tornians" Stars!

Well, let me start by saying, I've had this book sitting on my Kindle for... can't be less than two years. I kept passing it up and I don't know why. What a mistake! This book was really good. It started off kind of "bow-chicka-wow-wow"; and that is totally cool with me from time to time. Or really a lot of times, but this turned into a very good story.
There was the usual alien warrior/human female getting to know you ebbs and flows, but there was al
Aisling Zena

First I have to say that I'd probably rate this book higher if it wasn't for the very bad editing.. Spelling mistakes can be excusable up to a point but some sentences had mixed tenses and missing words. Also in between the dialogue everything is present tense and multiple POVs.
description
Sometimes the POV would change and I had to backtrack to make sure whose POV it was. Often it changed to the person entering the scene or observing something. The reading was smoother when there was dialogue betw
Jacqueline's Reads
5 Unexpected Stars

I love the Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon, but I wanted to find a new series to fall in love with. I was looking around Goodreads reviews and a reviewer mentioned M.K. Eidem. I had nothing to lose since my library (I know, surprised me too) had a copy and so I took a chance.

I’ll be honest and say the cover is butt ugly and the book is pretty old, but within the first pages I was HOOKED! I loved Grim from start to finish. It was nothing what I expected. It to my surprise wa
Laura Elizabeth
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I know. Crappy sci fi. Typos. Bad writing. Over the top ridiculous story. I'm a sucker for this guilty pleasure type read. Same old sci fi storyline. They have no females. Must go kidnap a few from earth. Gets me every time. I love this shit. ...more
Ashleyjo
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
If I was rating this book on my personal tastes alone, it would be 2 stars. I can see, however, where this story would appeal to several niches of readers and could easily be a 3 to 4 star read for them. The frequent grammatical errors would rule out a perfect rating IMHO.

The aliens...

The female Mc...

Him...

I will protect you, feed you, breed you, and make you my queen.

Her....

You are such a good protector, provider, and lover.

The Layout

So, it's an alternate world where aliens have too m
Katrina
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Storyline and characters - 4*
Reading experience - 2*

This is another book by a new author with great potentials that was badly diminished by horrific, or practically non-existing editing. And here is my dilemma. On one hand, I applaud the courage of new and self-publishing writers, admire blood sweat and tears they shed in putting their work forward for the public scrutiny, and as a reader will support and encourage them to the best of my ability. However, on the other hand I WILL ask them to sho
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Grim is a sensational science fiction romance that takes us to the stars with a pure sweet love and learning to fight for those you love and defeating those enemies that seek to destroy everything your fighting for....

Grim is a book that I was in the mood for, and since it has been a while since I have picked up a science fiction romance, I just knew that this book was for me. I will say that I had no idea what I was really in for when I pi
MC The Bookaholic ♡
4.5 stars!!
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was enjoyable in its own way, but I'm sad that I'm part of the minority yet again. I wanted to step outside my box again, and I definitely did with this one! It just felt way too insta and I didn't like the way the h turned all preachy about ev-ery-thing! I struggled a good bit with her for especially the second half of the book. I liked the H though! I really liked his interactions with the h's children. I actually was more intrigued with some of the side characters
Elizabeth
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
almost 5 stars

I hadn't read anything by this author before but when I saw that this book was ranked similarly to sci-fi romance books I'd read, I decide to try a sample then ended up purchasing it.

At it's heart, this is an enjoyable story if interactions between alien men and earth women are what you're wanting to read. Mars men want and need Earth women - favorite trope of mine.

The characters, plot and details are strongly developed and come together well. Grim, Lisa and their daughters creat
Maria Dimitrova
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
One day I was looking for something light and simple, something that wouldn't require too much of my limited attention and funny. I needed a break from complicated plots and emotional overload so I picked up Grim. And it delivered. It's hilarious with all those miscommunication between the main characters. If you're looking for a lot of sex, however, this is not for you. Sure there are a couple of explicit scenes but most of the time it's just said that they've had sex. The book is full of clich ...more
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Very enjoyable story. I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Normally I cannot finish a book if it is badly edited, but I enjoyed the story so much, I overlooked this and went with the flow so to speak, I found myself so drawn into the story, I didn't notice, or corrected mistakes in my head without even noticing any really.

I would have given it 5 stars if not for the bad editing and occasional bad grammar. Also, I am not a huge fan of books written in present tense.

However, it was a lo
Kelly
I have attempted this book for a couple days now but sadly could not finish.

I am not a fan of the present tense writing at all. And this story was present tense. For me I couldn't feel any depth to the story cause it was happening "now". The story had some crazy POV switching going on (One sentence is the heroines pov than the next is the heros pov, than it could be another characters pov). There are a lot of authors that do this, its not bad or anything but to me it starts getting confusing.

Th
Barbara➰
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book and Wray (Tornians, #2) by M.K. Eidem several times. I decided this time to read Wray first and then read this one. There is a reason I read these books over and over. They are filled with love, acceptance and hope in an alien world.

I love a scarred, tortured hero and Grim is just that. He thinks he is unfit and unworthy when in reality he is just the opposite and what all of the Tornians should want to be like. Lisa and her little girls, Miki and Carly, give him that love and acceptance.

This is reall
Tori Macallister
I liked this story but was astonished to find EVERY SINGLE PAGE of the book (and no, I'm not exaggerating) had spelling, usage, grammar errors or typos. I can't remember the last time I managed to finish such a sloppily edited work, but the world-building was excellent and I loved the hero. I actually began to question if the author's first language was English at one point, so I would encourage her to hire a copy editor next time, so her story can be purged of such distractions in the future. ...more
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

WARNING: this is both a review and a justification (pleading for understanding) for the material being reviewed. If you have no interest in my pitiful explanations, skip to the numbered section.

If you aren't sure what a "squawk" is, start watching the YouTube video at 0:15:

That, my friends, is a squawk.

The reason for this squawk is b/c I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel. YES, I vehemently oppose anything that resembles reader-shaming, and I

• Torkel's Chosen (A World Beyond, #1)
  • Ral's Woman (Zorn Warriors, #1)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • Kidnapping Casey (Zorn Warriors, #2)
  • Abducting Abby (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #1)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #1)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Heart's Prisoner (Dark World Mates #1)
  • The Commander's Captive (House Of Kaimar, #1)
  • Ruth's Bonded (Ruth & Gron, #1)
  • Stolen by an Alien (Stolen by an Alien, #1)
  • Berrr's Vow (Zorn Warriors, #4)
  • Lindsey's Rescue (A World Beyond, #3)
  • Venomous (Alien Warrior, #1)
  • Freeing Luka (Clecanian #2)
  • The Gorison Traveler Incident (Veslor Mates, #1)
  • Redeeming Zorus (Cyborg Seduction, #6)
  • Tempting Rever (Zorn Warriors, #3)

Tornians (4 books)
  • Wray (Tornians, #2)
  • Ynyr (Tornians, #3)
  • Ull (Tornians, #4)

News & Interviews

“It’s a mother’s greatest joy and greatest burden, having children to worry about.  You can’t have one without the other.” 11 likes
“you can’t have love and not at some time hurt.  You can’t be happy and not have some sadness.  It is called life, you have to live it.  The good and the bad Grim.” “I” 2 likes