Start by marking “A Prize Beyond Jewels (The Devilish D'Angelos #2)” as Want to Read:
A Prize Beyond Jewels (The Devilish D'Angelos #2)

A Prize Beyond Jewels (The Devilish D'Angelos #2)

3.27  ·  Rating details ·  190 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Risking it all?

World-renowned gallery owner Rafe D'Angelo has firm boundaries for his romantic conquests and is notorious for leaving ladies wanting more. Which is why it's such a shock to wake and find - for the first time ever - the sheets beside him cold....

Nina Palitov's only act of defiance against a life lived under her father's oppressive control was to spend an exq

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3217, 192 pages
Published March 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Prize Beyond Jewels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Prize Beyond Jewels

Dianna
Jan 26, 2017 added it
DNF 20%, and getting that far was a struggle.
Hero Rafe is an idiot at his brother's wedding and it's not endearing. Then, he has a series of snits that indicate he had no idea how exhibitions in art galleries work.

Heroine Nina can stuff waist-length red hair into a cap that must be a TARDIS.

Maybe this book gets better and someone interesting drops by to steal Nina's dad's jewels, but I doubt it. Book seeming to be shaping itself around Rafe wasting his time on triviality, and Nina slightly out s
Alex is The Romance Fox
This was such a boring story....and certainly not one of my favourites written by this author.

I am not crazy for Russian heros and even less Russian heroines.....they just don't do it for me.

Nina is the daughter of a rich Russian and they now live in New York.
Raphael aka Rafe is a rich and gorgeous New York Italian....blah blah blah.

photo images17_zpsb8f1838d.jpg

And then I found myself really struggling to finish the book......very little dialogue..it felt like I was reading an essay!!!
 photo images14_zps2f45f537.jpg

I guess if you a fan of this autho
Jenny
Dec 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
Slutty heroine who treats hero like trash after their night together is not my idea of a romance! What happened to this author? She used to be amazing once upon a time :(
Clark
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: least-liked
I've read all the reviews made for this book. They were all saying how terrible this was and all. I didn't listen since the past books I've read from the author were really good. My favorites were The Devil's Mistress, The Reluctant Relative, and Elusive Lover.

I am not sure if someone else was writing for Carole because this book was poorly written. I don't like that there are two POV in the book, Nina and Rafe. I only want to know what the female character was thinking and feeling. I don't care
Cady Lorenzana
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I like Rafe's craziness towards, Nina. Feels like he is obsess and I find it cute!
Rgreader
Jan 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
Just saying no.
Doaa
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
although the story isn't powerful or come with anew idea
but i liked Rafe very much .. cool hero :D
Roub
Apr 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
dreadful! very boring ! no angst, no chemistry n too much introspection made the book a dull one!
Azet
I have not read the other books in the "The Devilish DÁngelos" trilogy about the sexy and dark-looking brothers who all fall in love with the woman who will bring them down on their knees.

Since i am first reading the second book,about the womanizer of the brothers,the devil-charmer Rafe DÀngelo who will fall in love with the russia businessman`s only daughter,the beautiful red-heared Nina Palitov.
I just LOVE the scene where Rafe wakes up and doesn`t find Nina beside him.He is totally and utterly
Laura Calderone
2 e mezzo
Lynn Spencer
C+ at AAR Lately, my tastes have tended toward historicals, gothics, and romantic suspense. So, for contemporary month, I challenged myself to find a contemporary in my Wall o’ Books that was a romance rather than a mystery. At some point, I’d been fascinated by the fact that Carole Mortimer had published several gazillion books with Harlequin, so I had a few of her Presents titles lying around. I opted to read her 2014 release, A Prize Beyond Jewels.

Though book 2 in a trilogy, this one stands a
Milena
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was very boring. I didn't like the main characters, especially the heroine's relationship with her overprotective father. And the plot twists that make her father go from alleged mafia boss to cute elderly man were so ridiculous that I felt cheated in the end. Romance was okay, but I'm tired of the trend of male love interest awakening virginal heroine's sexual urgings. Also, New York City is supposed to be lavishly described and a part of the story, but I really didn't get a sense of ...more
Mudpie
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it
The sexual chemistry between Nina and Rafe is scorching hot! I like that they both connect intellectually and appreciate each other's professional capability and talents. The fact that Rafe wants to shed his useless playboy image and for her to see he's the new ideas innovative partner in the galleries is always a great sign. he didn't want to hide behind his cavalier attitude to fight for attention as the middle child. In the end Dimitri's secret is kind of an anticlimax so this could gave gott ...more
Onu
It was okay. Nothing exceptional or memorable about this one. Just another ordinary HP. I didn't think that the heroine was cold and cruel towards the hero after she slept with him. I think her defenses were up because the hero never gave any indication that he felt anything special for her. And given his womanizing ways, it was hardly surprising to see the heroine protect herself from potential heartbreak.

I would give it 2.5 stars. Not a bad book but nothing great either.
Harlequin Books
"Mortimer uses opulent New York City as her palette for an emotionally fraught romance with a mystery. Her heroine is complicated and spirited; her hero is tenacious with hidden depth. Their lively banter camouflages their fears and electrifies their lovemaking". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars)

Miniseries: The Devilish D'Angelos
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars from RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: The Devilish D'Angelos
Kobie
Mar 28, 2014 rated it liked it
2, 5 because I did finish it, but big secret did not work at all for me.
Tigger
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love the "The Devilish D'Angelos"
All the books
Mary A. McCormick
Jun 10, 2016
Kelly Downs
Sep 24, 2015
Grace Thain
Oct 02, 2014
Rae
rated it did not like it
Feb 17, 2014
May 10, 2014
Laura Hannaway
Feb 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Scandal in the Headlines (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #7)
  • The Costarella Conquest
  • The Fearless Maverick (The Notorious Wolfes, #4)
  • Unnoticed and Untouched
  • Italian Boss, Ruthless Revenge
  • Nicolo: The Powerful Sicilian (Orsini Brothers, #4)
  • Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Captivated by Her Innocence
  • The Truth About De Campo (The Delicious De Campos, #3)
  • His Unexpected Legacy
  • The Mediterranean Billionaire's Blackmail Bargain
  • His Virgin Acquisition
  • Dark Angel (Sister Brides, #4)
  • Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • The Forbidden Ferrara (Ferrara #2)
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
I have written almost 250 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer

The Devilish D'Angelos (3 books)
  • A Bargain with the Enemy (The Devilish D'Angelos #1)
  • A D'Angelo Like No Other (The Devilish D'Angelos #3)