Start by marking “Remembering That Night” as Want to Read:
Remembering That Night

Remembering That Night (Tyler Group #4)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Who's that girl?

Greg Chalmers knows when someone is lying. That's how he ends up helping the police with an unusual case. A woman is found covered in blood, claiming she has no memory. Is she lying? He doesn't think so. But for the first time, his attraction to her could be clouding his judgment!

Despite his intentions to stay aloof, he can't resist helping Eliza Dunning…
Published March 4th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Remembering That Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remembering That Night

Paula
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liza Dunning is approached by a policeman when she is found walking on the highway covered in blood with no memories. Greg Chalmers is called in to consult on the case because of his skills as a human lie detector. He determines that she is telling the truth and has no memory of what happened to her. When a man is found murdered near where Liza was found, Liza becomes the prime suspect. Since Greg believes her innocent, he sets out to help her recover her memories and prove her innocence.

Good am
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
I really enjoy Stephanie Doyle's writing, her books generally don't take the usual route and since Greg was a character we met before I was curious to see who would hook him.

Greg used to be a psychologist but he isn't one any longer, what he is a walking talking human lie detector and a cynic and as we later find out a recovering gambling addict. Greg is called in for his skill with lies to the station where a woman was found covered in blood with no memory of what happened.

That
Gail
Interesting amnesia story. One that's actually probable. Lots of murder mystery to it, but it doesn't overwhelm the story. The hero was almost psychic in the way he could read lies and liars, which was an interesting aspect of the story. Liked it a lot.
Chris McFarland
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Greg Chalmers is a human lie detector. Confident in his theory about the physiology of lying, he walked away from his psychology practice after he was proven fallible by one of his patients. Afterward, his life spiraled out of control, causing him to lose his much the rest of his life to the darkness that consumed him. A year after hitting rock bottom he knows what his weaknesses are and has surrounded himself by the people who have his back. Then he is called in to consult on an hysterical amne ...more
Sonya Heaney
Originally HERE .

Okay, first thing’s first. I nearly DNF’d this book for the most stupid reason, and here it is:

Ten percent of the way in, the heroine – who is acting all superior about her cooking skills and apparently is connected to an Italian family – requests a spoon to eat her spaghetti with, thus impressing the men with her superior cultural knowledge.

Uh… Alleged food snob: you realise that is practically a criminal offence in Italy, the country spaghetti comes from?! That’s like going t
Ann-marie
Apr 18, 2014 rated it liked it
This is my second harlequin super romance. I am truly enjoying the aspect of my romance mix with suspense and intrigue. Eliza or Liza as she is called was found with blood all over her and no memory. In walks ex psychologist ex gambler Greg who the cops has called in to ask if he thinks she is faking her amnesia. It seems Eliza is an accounting for a casino in Atlanta and the owner who is her godfather is found dead and they suspect her. This starts Greg putting her up at his home until they can ...more
SuperWendy
May 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
The best thing this story has going for it is the amnesia angle. I really liked how the author handled this aspect of the plot. I also got sucked into the mystery enough to keep reading the book to the end, despite the fact that I hated everything else here. The heroine keeps trying to tell everyone she can take care of herself, when she so obviously cannot. The hero comes off like a know-it-all prick. And then there are the love scenes that drove me up a wall. No condoms, no problem! The "conne ...more
Kate Vale
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-romance
I did not expect a story centering on a woman with amnesia to grab my attention, but it did. In fact, I couldn't put it down. Greg Chalmers, a psychologist unable to practice, is asked to tell the cops if Eliza Dunning is lying when she is found covered in blood, but unhurt herself, and saying she remembers nothing about whatever she did or had observed.

The plot thickens when she is revealed as an employee of an Atlantic City casino and her godfather has been murdered. Did she do it? Who is now
Molly O'keefe
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amnesia!!! I absolutely love what Steph did with that old familiar trope in this book. But the winner for me is Greg, the hero. Recovering gambling addict, smart aleck, sort of a human lie detector - all very cool things. but when the human lie detector runs into a woman with amnesia, what's he going to do. I love this book and if you've been reading romance for as long as I have and think you've seen Amnesia handled in every possible way - I totally urge you to pick this up!!
Harlequin Books
"A fast-paced plot and good characterization make Remembering That Night an easy read. Doyle's story progresses smoothly, and her skill at keeping the bad guy underwraps until the end makes for a satisfying conclusion. The attraction between Greg and Eliza is also quite well drawn" (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)
Marie Buccellato
Tasha
Vykki
Feb 25, 2014
  • What Happens Between Friends
  • What Belongs to Her (Templeton Cove, #3)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Staying at Joe's (Castle Creek, #2)
  • The Family Plan
  • The Sweetest Hours
  • A Perfect Distraction (New Jersey Ice Cats, #1)
  • That Weekend...
  • In Her Corner
  • Now You See Me
  • A Ranch to Keep
  • His Brown-Eyed Girl (New Orleans' Ladies, #3)
  • The First Move
  • Her Kind of Trouble
  • His Wife for One Night
  • The Long Shot (The Fallon Brothers, #1)
  • The Sheriff's Daughter
201802
It all started with Shanna and Star Wars. An odd combination, I know, but what people don't appreciate about Star Wars is the deep romantic element between two of the lead characters. I wasn't seven years-old when I was able to clearly spot that Han and Leia were supposed to be a couple.

Sure most of my friends, who at the time weren't nearly as mature as I was – after all some of them were still s
More about Stephanie Doyle...

Tyler Group (4 books)
  • One Final Step (Tyler Group, #1)
  • An Act of Persuasion (Tyler Group, #2)
  • For the First Time