Start by marking “Double the Trouble (Kings of California, #15)” as Want to Read:
Double the Trouble (Kings of California, #15)

Double the Trouble (Kings of California #15)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  466 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews

In this Billionaires & Babies novel by USA TODAY bestselling author Maureen Child, one night leads to two babies!

When Colton King ended his impetuous marriage to Penny Oaks after just twenty-four hours, it was out of sight, out of mind. But now, more than a year later, Colton discovers Penny's huge secret—actually two little secrets: a baby boy and a baby girl.

Colton

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Desire; Billionaires and Babies, #43, 192 pages
Published March 4th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Double the Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double the Trouble

Susan
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book from Maureen Child. I loved the beginning as Colton King is punched by Penny's brother, just before he finds out that Penny has two children that are also his. Colt is stunned and furious that she didn't tell him. To a King there is nothing more important than family so he heads off to confront her about it. Penny has plenty to say about her reasons and she isn't going to apologize for it either. He wants to be involved but he has reasons he won't stay. Penny wants him to ...more
Fanny
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Dos Pequeños Secretos de Maureen Child fue una lectura mas floja de lo que esperaba, no queria una gran historia pero tampoco imaginaba que este libro fuera tan superficial.
Fue predecible y simple, y eso no esta mal ( he leido muchos libros asi ) pero por alguna razon esta historia se me hizo muy repetitiva, quizas porque he leido demasiadas novelas Harlequin xDD.
En conclusion, cumple su funcion de entretener pero es bastante olvidable.

2 Estrellas!
Livia
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
While DOUBLE THE TROUBLE is shown as a Harlequin Desire/Billionaires & Babies story, the hero Colton King is a member of the ongoing King Family series. The family is mentioned frequently and Colt's King background is key to the hang-ups the heroine, Penny Oaks, has with him.

The story itself is excellent, a quickie marriage mistake that results in unknown kids. It's a quick read with great characters.
Gail
Good read. Lots of nicely done angst, though the hero was almost too over-the-top arrogant for me, and I really didn't get why he was so upset over not knowing about the babies when he didn't plan to stick around anyway. Still, I enjoyed it.
Saly
Kind of a typical secret baby book! It just didn't grip me, heroine is the I will do it alone despite the bills piling up type, hero is hung up on his parent's death. Very average read.
Ada
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Kimg ante todo
Kimberly Walter
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colton King married and left Penny Oaks in 24 hr period. He thought that was in the past, out of sight, out of mind. That was until Robert Oaks marched into his office and punched in the jaw and informed him, he has two little babies.
Penny is in the hospital after her emergency surgery when she gets a surprise visit from a furious Colton King. She has a lot to answer for but stands by her decision to keep the babies from him.
Colt is a force to be reckoned with, he stays with Penny to help take
Melody Cox
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Colton King met Penny Oaks while in Vegas on a convention. They spent a fantastic week together and married the day before he left. He walked out on her the next morning telling her he was divorcing her and she would hear from his lawyer. He was an unbelievable jerk but he never forgot about the woman who stole his heart during that week-long stay.

Penny's brother shows up at Colton's office 18 months after their marriage and divorce and blasted Colton with the news that Penny was in the hospital
Kaycee ❤️
Double the Trouble is part of the King Family series by Maureen but it can be easily read as a stand alone. And like the other books in the series, this one also an enjoyable read about second chance romance with a secret pregnancy plot and twin babies.

I enjoyed reading about Colton's story. There's no secret of how much I adored King Men. And I also liked Penny's character. She's such a strong heroine and wonderful Mom. I totally understand her reasons for not telling Colton about the twins. Bu
Josephine
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dnf
First read - 24 to 25 March, 2014

Really enjoyed Double the Trouble. Colt was a perfect alpha hero and Penny was the best woman for him. I wish there had been more moments between Colt and the babies but there was plenty of sexual chemistry, laughs, conflict and romance to compensate. Definitely going to look for more Kings of California books.

Second read - 30 October, 2016
DNF

Unfortunately, I couldn't get into this book this time around. I found the pacing too slow (it was over halfway t
Bonnie
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Double The Trouble by Maureen Child is a good book. Colton King was a weeks fling with Penny Oaks and they got married. When the week was over he said he wasn't a family man and was filing for a divorce. 18 months later Penny's brother punched Colton. Told him Penny was in the hospital and that he had twins who are eight months old. A boy and a girl. Colton is mad. He should have been told he figured. He moves in with Penny and helps her with the twins. A lot of tension. He didn't think he could ...more
Ava
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was about a couple. They got married for a day after being together for a week. And the story began with two years after and twin.
From there, Colt's life changed radically. A man who left and divorced his wife, adrenaline junkie and with mysterious past. But a real family guy but why would he want to run away that fast.
As for Penny, she also had a past which would explain some things but those didn't matter in tbe beginning not that much since Colt was the main reason in that story.
so
SL
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not much depth to this. The author kept talking about the chemistry the couple felt, but as a reader, I saw very little between them. Actually, Colt, the hero was a cold, unfeeling ass who divorced his basic one night stand shortly thereafter. Even when it came out why he did it, I still didn't like him and wasn't sympathetic toward him. He left Penny twice, yet she proclaimed that she loved him. I just didn't buy it.

This wasn't the worst book I've ever read, and I did so for free, so I can't co
Sandra Patiño
Ayu Wirdha
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Penny & Colt ktmu di sebuah konvensi di Vegas, saling tertarik, ML, (langsung?) married, divorce 24 jam kmdian, lahirlah twin baby. Colt baru tau setelah baby berumur 8 bln itupun setelah Robert-adik Penny yg memberi info. Alasan Penny merahasiakan hal ini krn terakhir sblm divorce, Colt dgn tegas mengatakan tdk tertarik dgn perkawinan aplg anak. Bukannya bersimpati tp malah jd membosankan bgaimana keras kepalanya Penny menolak bantuan finansial (walaupun memang butuh bgt) dr Colt.
Janeiowa

Yes, these stories are very formula driven. The millionaire father of children he doesn't know about, the poor woman trying to stay ahead of the bill collector and raise her children without depending on anyone is a common plot lately.

But, I still enjoyed it, even if it'll never be great literature. It is, however, a nice escape on a cold, gloomy day.

Kesha
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good, mostly because the Alpha male, Colton King, was only an ass for all of a day. When he thought about the situation he realized why the heroine, Penny Oaks, did what she did. His twin brother, Connor King, also called him out for his behavior too, so he had nobody who was telling him he his stupid actions were good. The babies were cute and I love how Colton interacted with his kids.
Anita
I really hate those books were the Hero is really selfish in their thinking about themselves with no though to others to who may be affected by his own decision.Overall I enjoyed the book and the story line so I give it a four star rating for the cover makes it easier for me to forgive Colt King.
Harlequin Books
"The latest in the Billionaires and Babies series is an enjoyable read with a strong alpha male who has a tender side as well. Also interesting is the relationship between Colton and his own twin". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)

Miniseries: Billionaires and Babies
Stephanie
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
it was okay i suppose. average read. Being a harlequin, i expected more grovelling, theatrics, heartstrings pulled. i got a bit, but not smack down pounding. it seemed rushed in a way. but the start was promising and funny.
Kristy
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite in the Kings of California series, but as always a well-written story by Maureen Child. Colt has his reasons for why he left, and Penny had her own. I never felt the chemistry between them, but I'm glad they got their HEA. On to Connor's story!
Marjorie
May 20, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I decided to read this book after reading the teaser in another book. I thought that the author could have done a better job regarding the father's issues. His motivations didn't seem consistent. I understand that he was torn, but I just didn't get that until it was explicitly stated.
Bernie
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Double the Trouble review

Double the Trouble is a very sweet romantic story in the Billionaires and Babies series written by author Maureen Child.
KStar0330
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice quick little story to read. Cute sweet moments, add some sexy steam, a little bit of double trouble, and a possible second chance to be back with the one that you loved and lost . :)
Mem
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
D2289 Mar14 Maureen Child is one of my "must read" authors and I like the Billionaires and Babies series.
Angel
At first I couldn't stand Penny .. I wasn't convinced with her reasoning for keeping the twins a secret ..
But by the end of the book I warmed up to her ..
The twins .. I LOVED! ❤
Feb 03, 2014
Daius
Mar 06, 2014
  • Princess in the Making
  • Snowbound with a Billionaire (Hollywood #5)
  • The Nanny Trap
  • The Sarantos Baby Bargain (Sarantos Brothers, #2)
  • A Father's Secret
  • Honorable Intentions (The Landis Brothers #5; Wingmen Warriors #15; Landis/Renshaw)
  • A Billionaire for Christmas (Cavalo Brothers, #2)
  • The Nanny Proposition (The Hawke Brothers, #1)
  • The Nanny's Secret
  • Staking His Claim
  • Strictly Temporary
  • More Than Perfect (Perfect #2)
  • The SEAL's Christmas Twins
  • Secrets, Lies & Lullabies
  • His Instant Heir (Baby Business #1)
  • The Paternity Promise  (Dalton Twins, #2)
  • A Secret Until Now
  • Secret Son, Convenient Wife
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Kings of California (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1)
  • Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)
  • Falling for King's Fortune (Kings of California, #3)
  • Conquering King's Heart (Kings of California, #4)
  • Claiming King's Baby (Kings of California, #5)
  • Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)
  • The Last Lone Wolf (Kings of California, #7)
  • Cinderella & the CEO (Kings of California, #8)
  • King's Million-Dollar Secret (Kings of California, #9)
  • Ready for King's Seduction (Kings of California, #10)