Start by marking “What a Sicilian Husband Wants (Irresistible Sicilians, #1)” as Want to Read:
What a Sicilian Husband Wants (Irresistible Sicilians, #1)

What a Sicilian Husband Wants (Irresistible Sicilians #1)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  551 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
On his terms only!

Moving countries, cutting all ties and giving birth to her baby alone, Grace Holden is desperately hiding from her past. But just when she thinks she might have broken free, it catches up with her in the form of her millionaire Sicilian husband!

Grace swore her daughter wouldn't grow up among the dark power and money of his family…but no one walks away f
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3224, 192 pages
Published February 18th 2014 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about What a Sicilian Husband Wants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What a Sicilian Husband Wants

Alex is The Romance Fox
Wow…….JUST................  photo giphy_zpsafe92255.gif
Before going any further, I want to thank my good GR friend Vashti……after reading your review on book #2, I decided to start all over again with this author’s books. If not for you, I would have missed out on a great and amazing read…..so, again…THANK YOU V!!

I am a Mills & Boon addict…yes, I am. Since I discovered these “gems” many many years ago, my love for the stories has not abated. Of course, I have my favorite authors and I am always searching for new writers
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
Hmmm a highly rated book so a case of great expectations.
It's good, mind you - especially the beginning but it gets in the rut as does the h.

She escapes from a husband, a happy marriage when she suspects her Sicilian husband to be a mafioso. They were deliriously happy and one day she just vanishes in thin air.

Now in the present, he's found her and their infant daughter. An explosive beginning to the book. I had to admire the h for her brainy worked out escape and hiding away - and he impresses
Desere
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When the going gets tough the tough gets going right? Not always as in this case the going took off running and the tough does not give up until they are reunited.

But once reunited it does not mean the going is simply going to back down and let the tough handle every single aspect of life, again. The going in this read is Grace and the tough her crawl-onto-my-lap-and-I'll-show-you-just-how-much-control-I-have-over-you husband Luca.

She dared to run away from him and their semi blissful marriage,
Vashti
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
So,I finally finished this book after a 2 day break.I struggled to finish it,why ,because of the heroine.My goodness she was a "bitchy" thing.For the majority of the book until chapter 11,this heroine was hard! I never warmed to her and it made the read a chore.
Grace leaves Luca approx 10 months ago pregnant with his child.She can't live his lifestyle any longer with the constant security,bodyguards,and Luca's change in personality.He also seems to be embracing a mob attitude with certain deadbe
Amalie Berlin
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: presents, romance
Unequivocally loved this book, from the first page. And she totally shot her husband. SHOT HIM. With a gun. Which... tickled me to death! He got over it, btw. It didn't get anywhere near his important parts. And he totally needed a good shot to wake him up. Besides, who hasn't wanted to shoot their husband at one point? :)
Becky
If I could give six stars I would...my first from this author but won't be my last. I always wondered
whether any criminal aspect of a hero would be explored in an HP--really well done, Hero POV was superb...the depth of his love (notwithstanding his threats and claimed indifference) really shone through the story like a beam. LOVE his fidelity, even when he wants revenge. Also love this strong, individualistic heroine...so tired of doormats.
StMargarets
Great opening scene! The heroine had really worked herself into some grade A paranoia and that gun shot shockingly discharged it right back at the hero. Lots of drama and emotion, but one of the quieter scenes remains in my mind - the flashback of how they met when she inadvertently trespassed on his land with her land. Whatever it was about that scene made me believe their HEA when they got to it.
This is the first in the series and we meet or hear about the heroes and heroine of the next two b
KatieV
At first I wasn't too sure I was going to like this one, but it turned out to be a good one.

The h leaves her husband when she discovers she's pregnant. This is during a rough patch in their marriage where the H is drinking too much, working long/late hours, and appears to be involved in some Sicilian mobster-like activities.

I thought this would be a case of the stupid, naive heroine realizes she misunderstood and is brought back into the fold. Actually, she did understand what was going on. The
Fiona Marsden
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reunion romance...I am so there. Luca is the epitome of the dark Sicilian male. He's had the responsibility of his family business since he was 21 and he's made a success of it. Falling for a wacky free spirited artist wasn't in his plan. Grace is everything he didn't know he needed but after a blissful first year of marriage things aren't going to plan.

Luca's new business ventures are taking time away from his marriage he didn't expect and bringing stresses he doesn't need. Grace can see him gr
AleJandra
2 Decepcionadas STARS

description

Aunque el libro no es malo, si me decepcionó. Teniendo en cuenta que yo pensé que sería de Mafia y que la Siciliana Mafia es una de las más violentas del mundo, esperaba algo mucho más trágico, o al menos con un poco más de drama.

Parece más un drama juvenil, te quiero, pero no te perdono es todo el drama que contiene.

En perspectiva supongo que la portada y el hecho que es de Harlequin ya mostraba mucho sobre el tipo de libro que era.

Quizá continúe con la serie, cuando q
willaful
I'm really happy to have found a new HP author that works for me. This takes a classic, intense plot and adds some original aspects that keep it fresh and interesting. And everything does not turn out to have been a huge misunderstanding; the drama was valid. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Rachel Lyndhurst
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A jaw dropping opening chapter - I never thought the heroine would actually do what she does. Brilliant!Sicily, shady corners,scintillating sex and simmering hatred ticked all my Modern/Presents boxes. It's a goody.
Danielle
Victoria Parker
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well hell, Ms Smart, what a book! And hello Luca, you delicious Sicilian you! Are you sure it's Grace you want? Really? Damn!
I LOVE a hero who can snag my attention and keep it held throughout a book and that is exactly what Luca did, in all his super sexy gangster glory. Grace was certainly chilly up front - armed and loaded with enough inner angst to set off any trigger-happy finger - but I adored her mama-bear instincts, the way she was ready to protect her daughter at all costs. What ensued
LIA
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I like the opening. it's so different with the usual Harlequin novel.
Jane Hunt
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a Sicilian Husband Wants (Mills & Boon Modern) (The Irresistible Sicilians - Book 1) by Michelle Smart

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

The first chapter of 'What a Sicilian Husband Wants' is full of suspense and more than a little menace. Not the usual start for a glamorous romance but it intrigued me. Grace is afraid of her own shadow and is reluctant to help the unexpected caller at her door. Her compassionate nature triumphs over her fear but by letting down her guard, she unwittingly lets her past crash into her present e
Jennifer Mcpherson
Jun 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
I have no idea why new writers write the heroine so heartless and stupid. Michelle Smart your heroine is cold you use words to show emotions but there is no emotion to feel and i couldn't connect with any of your characters. To get your audience involve you have to create the scene with heat , love, clarity and a sense of understanding of each of your characters. Go back and read some authors book who have been writing awhile now and you will get a sense of how to connect with your readers. We n ...more
Akina
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
A solid book. I thought the whole gangster thing was quite original. I haven't seen that before in a HP novel. I liked Luca almost from the beginning. He wasn't a pushover but he also wasn't cruel except when his back was to the wall. And he always relented once he cooled down. I actually respected both of the lead characters. Grace was a wonderful mother who wasn't afraid to take matters into her own hands or to speak her mind. She put Luca in his place time and time again. I also liked the fac ...more
Jenny
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy
This author wrote a cheating heroine in her previous book so I was very reluctant to read this book. I enjoyed this one though. Pregnant heroine run away from her gangster husband but he tracks her down, brings her back to Sicily and he demands to know her reasons for walking away.

I liked that both hero and heroine remained celibate while they were apart and that heroine was a good mother. What I didn't like was heroine's coldness and cruelty during the first half of the book. She even shot the
Rgreader
The first 2 pages were interesting but What the Sicilian Husband Wants went downhill from there due to the heroine. I found her to be quite unlikeable, cold and couldn't get past her unprovoked shooting of the hero.
I like the secret baby plot, the wealthy hero trope but a heroine engaging in unprovoked violence is just a no. Not attractive. Not what a strong woman should be. Doesn't make me giggle. Just no.
Cheryl
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
The heroine is too bitchy and frankly, I never warmed up to her. As for the hero, it's apparent that he loves her but doesn't like the person she's become. This is the 2nd book that I've read by this author and her story lines don't adhere to HP standards.....guess I like the tradition story lines.
Aimee
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kicks off with a bang (literally) and only gets better from there. The writing is top notch, the story fast paced, emotional and addictive. I could quite happily read it again I loved it that much. Guns and Gangsters in Presents - brilliant! More hot Sicilians please. Oh wait, the second is out next month! Can't wait!
Romance_reader
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it
ok but immensely forgettable.
Ada
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Es la segunda vez que lo leo y me encanta, adoro el cliché
Doaa
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
it is my first time to read for Michelle smart
i love this book ..looking foreword the second part of the series
with the mystery pepe
Paige
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyed. A lot of growth by both characters.

I enjoyed WHAT A SICILIAN HUSBAND WANTS more than I thought I would. I normally don’t love secret baby storylines because it just leads to anger between the main characters for the majority of the book.

Grace Holden ran away from her husband, Luca after finally being unable to ignore how violent he has gotten in dealing with his work since forming a dangerous partnership.

***Details***

When Luca finally finds her and their 3 month old daughter he never
Toni Davids
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
It feels like quite a while since I read Smarts debut and while that was a bust for me, this was a highly enjoyable read. The style was more relaxed than I remember and I love Sicily so I adored the setting. The hero was a heady mix of dominating strength and passion that we all expect from an HP so all in all it was a great way to spend a few hours on a Sunday afternoon. I look forward to Cara's story.
Amanda Sheila
3.5 stars, I enjoyed but not as dramatic as I thought it would be.

I mean it is dramatic, but I was expecting something different. Something like Diana Palmer's book; Hero being super mean he's borderline sadistic or something like that. It's awful, sure, but at least it's different than 'classic' tsundere Hero. But overall I enjoyed this book so much, especially because I always love secret baby theme. Look forward to read more from Smart! :)
100sweet
Oct 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 62%.

This one didn't do it for me. The h ran away from the H bc she thought he was a gangster. She is one of those artsy-fartsy types that likes to paint and wear loud clothing. I was really disappointed at the way everything unfolded. The h couldn't help but be sexually attracted to the H. She melted when she saw him with the baby. I was too bored.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 07, 2017 05:32PM
  • A Bargain with the Enemy (The Devilish D'Angelos #1)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • The Veranchetti Marriage
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • The Legend of de Marco
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • The Billionaire's Blackmailed Bride
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • The Consequences of That Night
  • Pretender to the Throne (Call of Duty, #3)
  • A Deal with Benefits
  • Nicolo: The Powerful Sicilian (Orsini Brothers, #4)
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Wife
Michelle Smart is a Publishers Weekly bestselling author with a slight-to-severe coffee addiction. A book worm since birth, Michelle can usually be found hiding behind a paperback, or if it’s an author she really loves, a hardback.
Michelle lives in rural Northamptonshire in England with her husband and two young Smarties. When not reading or pretending to do the housework she loves nothing more t
More about Michelle Smart

Irresistible Sicilians (3 books)
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
  • Taming the Notorious Sicilian (Irresistible Sicilians, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be