Start by marking “Dark Tide” as Want to Read:
Dark Tide

Dark Tide (The Justice Agency #5)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  141 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
MISSION: PROTECT BABY

Published March 4th 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Tide

March 2014
ISBN: 978-0373445882
Genre: Romantic suspense

MISSION: PROTECT BABY

Gina Evans knows her brother was murdered—even if the police won't believe her. After catching a quick glimpse of the evidence her brother had gathered, the same criminals are after her and her baby niece. And Gina's only hope is the man she left behind. Despite the painful memories, private investigator Derrick Justice won't fail Gina and her baby. Ye
Melanie
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-read
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2C15G5C...
Review on my blog (12/27): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Dark Tide was a suspenseful read that held my attention. I loved the characters so much - Derrick and his siblings had such great camaraderie and there were several times they had me chuckling because of their ribbing. ;) I also thought the way Derrick and Sophie, Gina's niece, got along was so cute!

The mystery was really good and I had no idea who the guilty party was, bu
Cindy
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am so sad to see the Justice series end. I loved each and everyone of these books. Susan Sleeman is so talented, drawing you into the story, making you feel like your part of the Justice Family. This story was no exception another great spine tingling mystery. The suspense in this story was often palpable, I found myself holding my breath wondering what was going to happen next. I was wrong about who I thought was behind it, and I LOVED it! Very unpredictable, great story. I still think since ...more
Barb
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gina Evans knows her brother was murdered--even if the police won't believe her. After catching a quick glimpse of the evidence her brother had gathered, the same criminals are after her and her baby niece. And Gina's only hope is the man she left behind. Despite the painful memories, private investigator Derrick Justice won't fail Gina and her baby. Yet now, the woman he never stopped loving and the baby he's come to adore are in a killer's crosshairs. But can Derrick trap the cold-blooded murd ...more
Cathy Daniel
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Action packed from page one pulling you into the story along with characters you really care about make this book a winner!
Marilyn Johnson
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book five in the Justice Agency series, even though it is a stand alone book, the entire series is a great read and will give you history on the Justice family.

Sleeman is an excellent suspense writer. Her stories are always well written and would make great movies. Her characters are well thought out and usually have issues they are dealing with, which make them seem real.

This book focuses on Derrick Justice, he is the last single family member of the Justice family. When he is forced to
Susan Snodgrass
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Susan Sleeman is the queen of inspirational suspense. She always hits the ground running and continually ratchets up the suspense and intrigue with each chapter. I love her books. I discovered her after she'd already had many books out, so I'm backtracking.

This one is the last in her 5 books Justice Agency series. The last Justice sibling, Derrick, gets his turn with this one. We see all the others again, too, which is awesome. I love this family! I ha
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The final Justice sibling gets his story! Derrick Justice gets a blast from his past when his ex girlfriend calls him in desperate need of help. Someone is trying to kill her and no matter the past he sets out immediately to rescue her and little Sophie.

Gina Evans can’t believe what is happening to her. A man is trying to kill her and has killed her friend right in front of her, her brother had been murdered, and her sister in law from a car crash. Now she’s going to have to call the man she wa
Susan
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a wonderful series. It was nice seeing all the Justice siblings in action. This is the love story for Gina and Derrick. As always the suspense was riveting. Looking forward to many more by this author.
Lisa
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Susan Sleeman writes good suspense. Hate that the Justice family book series has ended.
Cheri Swalwell
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished the last book in the Justice Agency series, Dark Tide, by Susan Sleeman. Each book got better and better in the series because I was able to learn more about the family, the siblings, and their lives. Therefore, even though I felt like I fit in with them right from the start, with Book #1, Double Exposure, each book brought me closer and closer to the heart of each sibling and therefore, closer to the family as a whole.
Ms. Sleeman has a way with words. She writes in such a way t
Jessie

When Gina Evans is attacked, she plans to go to The Justice Agency, before she can even get ahold of her ex-boyfriend, Derrick Justice her attacker tries to finish the job he didn't have a chance to complete, and Gina watches him kill her best friend. Now Gina really needs the Justice Agency. She especially needs Derrick Justice. Despite their rough break-up several years ago, she still feels drawn to him, and knows she can trust him, with her life and that of her baby niece. Working to
Rhonda
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I have enjoyed reading all 5 of the Justice Agency books. 3 brothers and two sisters after the death of their parents all decide to come and give up their work in different law backgrounds to find their parents killers. They decide to open their own agency. All 5 of the children were adopted and are close to each other.

Dark Tide is the last of the single Justices. This is Derrick's story and his old college girl friend Gina.

I really like the characters how they all pull together to help o
Debora Wilder
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic Christian suspense novel!

Mission: Protect Baby

Gina Evans knows her brother was murdered – even if the police won’t believe her. After catching a quick glimpse of the evidence her brother had gathered, the same criminals are after her and her baby niece. And Gina’s only hope is the man she left behind. Despite the painful memories, private investigator Derrick Justice won’t fail Gina and her baby. Yet now, the woman he never stopped loving and the baby he’s come to adore are in
Lis K
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book in The Justice Agency series and my first read of Susan Sleeman's work. I had not read the previous books about the Justice siblings but this book was not difficult to follow as a stand-alone read. Gina calls her ex-boyfriend Derrick when she is almost killed by an unknown assailant. Although Gina broke up with Derrick when they were college sweethearts (because he could not make a long-term commitment), she knows she can turn to him for help. I love second-chance-at-romance ...more
Julie Graves
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, 2014-reads
The last of the Justice Agency siblings, Derrick Justice, has been running from commitment almost his entire life. When his ex-girlfriend Gina calls him for help because someone is after her he doesn't think twice about running to her rescue. Protecting Gina and her brother's daughter Sophia causes Derrick to once again have to face his commitment issues. Will he be able to focus on protecting Gina without letting his feelings for her get in the way?

From the very first page Dark Tide had me on t
Wendy Sparkes
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
#5 The Justice Agency

A great closing story to the Justice family. I've enjoyed spending time with the 5 siblings & watching them each eventually get a happily ever after.

#1 Double Exposure by Susan Sleeman #2 Dead Wrong by Susan Sleeman #3 No Way Out by Susan Sleeman #4 Thread of Suspicion by Susan Sleeman #5 Dark Tide by Susan Sleeman
Kimberly
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dark Tide by Susan Sleeman in the final installment of The Justice Agency series and does not disappoint. In this book we once again visit the brothers and sisters that make up the Justice Agency, this time Derrick Justice is the star when the flame from his past who broke his heart shows up desperate for help. A killer is after her and she has a baby to protect.

I really enjoyed Dark Tide and am sad to see the series end. This book held my attention from beginning to end, which has been difficul
Nancy
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
As Gina knew for sure her brother was murdered (even if the police does not take her claim seriously), she turns to her old college boyfriend, Derrick Justice, a former cop who with his siblings run the Justice Agency, for help. Gina and Derrick both have to deal with the grave danger Gina and her infant niece (orphaned as a result of her brother's death) are in, as well as their feelings for each other--neither wants to be hurt again. This one is the last of the Justice Agency series, but not r ...more
Ginger Solomon
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read every single one of The Justice Agency Series books and have loved every one. Dark Tide is no different. Derrick and Gina's story touched my heart -- making it beat faster during those inevitable scary times and making it slow in awe as they worked out their feelings for one another.

I love happily-ever-afters, and this is one series I will miss. I have come to "know" the Justice brothers and sisters, and each story has touched me in a unique way.

***I received the above book from the pu
Nina
2. Dead Wrong
3. No Way Out
4. Thread of Suspicion

I have not read the first 4, but I do have them, and why I read Dark Tide
first I have no idea. Its a series about a family called Justice. Its a great read, full of action and suspense, great
characters.

Dawn Leonard
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dark Tide is the last book in the Justice Agency series. I enjoyed meeting this family and will miss reading about their experiences. In this book, Derrick Justice is asked to help his ex-girlfriend Gina and his baby niece who is an orphan. Derrick is still in love with Gina. Derrick gets help from the rest of the Justice family and Author Susan Sleeman wraps up all the stories in this last book.
Judine Brey
Jun 30, 2016 rated it liked it
This final book of the "Justice Agency" was not as tightly constructed as the previous novels. It felt like Sleeman thought she needed to incorporate all the siblings significantly (often including their spouses), which she avoided in the previous books. A more focused approach would have served the story better. That said, I loved Derrick's reconnection with Gina, and his acceptance of her niece.
Angela Branstetter
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, suspense
I haven't been disappointed with any Love Inspired Suspense line. Dark Tide is fast, gripping, with characters and a story that draw you in. It has a great message about putting that past behind you, balanced with a well-paced mystery. It is the final in the Justice Family series. I want to read the others and look forward to more from this author!
Beth
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Justice Agency comes to a climatic end in Dark Tide. Take an aunt protecting her niece, a villain chasing them who doesn't hesitate to kill anyone in his way equals a true page turner. Susan Sleeman is a fantastic romantic suspense author who does not dwell too long on the romance, but has plenty of suspense.
Ruth
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this entire JUSTICE AGENCY series!! I am like you Susan, I hate to see the end of the series, but I am sure you will come out with another series just as good as, if not better than, this one!!! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome God given talent of fantastic stories with us!! May God continue His blessings on you!! Looking forward to your next book!!
Ann
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in The Justice Agency series I have read, but I definitely will be reading the others in the series. It is a book filled with suspense, mystery, action and romance, and certainly kept me turning pages until the final pages. It is a wonderful read and one I certainly recommend.
Harlequin Books
"The strong family bond is heartwarming in this story of second chances and rebuilding relationships. It is sad to tell the Justice family goodbye". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)

Miniseries: The Justice Agency
Lisa
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's always a sad time when one of the series you enjoy comes to an end. Dark Tide is the last book in the series The Justice Agency. Derrick is in the spotlight in this one as a former love resurfaces and needs help from the Justice siblings. This was a nice close to a nice series.
June
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
All five of these books have been great. Full of suspense and action. Loved getting to know the characters. I've enjoyed all of them and now that it's time for the Justice family to move on I'm looking forward to the next series from this author!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 24, 2015 12:03PM
  • Bodyguard Reunion
  • The Innocent Witness (Protection Specialists, #1)
  • Defender for Hire (Heroes for Hire, #9)
  • Motive for Murder (Harmony Grove #2)
  • Warning Signs (Stepping Stones Island #1)
  • Shock Wave (Stormswept, #1)
  • Montana Standoff
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)
SUSAN SLEEMAN is a bestselling and award-winning author of more than 30 inspirational/Christian and clean read romantic suspense books. Readers love her romantic suspense series for the well-drawn characters and edge-of-your-seat action. She graduated from the FBI and local police citizen academies, so her research is spot-on and her characters are real. In addition to writing, Susan also hosts th ...more
More about Susan Sleeman...

The Justice Agency (5 books)
  • Double Exposure
  • Dead Wrong
  • No Way Out (The Justice Agency, #3)
  • Thread of Suspicion

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)

“I know how to move under sniper fire, you don't. You with me?” 0 likes