Start by marking “The Guardian's Promise” as Want to Read:
The Guardian's Promise

The Guardian's Promise

A Kingdom in Jeopardy

An evil queen and her royal guards will stop at nothing to find and kill the rightful heir to the throne of Judah. When their pursuit leads them to Mira's village, only her father's bond servant, Ari, a man shrouded in secrets, can keep Mira safe.

Abandoning his life as a temple guard and becoming an indentured servant was the only way Ari could protect
Published March 4th 2014 by Love Inspired (first published December 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Guardian's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Guardian's Promise

Start your review of The Guardian's Promise
John Hanscom
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Maybe more, even as much as 4 1/2.

Very good for this genre, and pretty accurate. There were a couple items I will have to research. It is set in 835 B.C. Judah. The author has the woman protagonist wear a loincloth and chest bindings under her clothes. I had always been told underwear for both men and women, except for priests during rituals (and then, for modesty's sake) came MUCH, MUCH later. The story takes place at the end of the six years when Athaliah was Queen Regnant. The rebels, in
Lisa Belcastro
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Compelling and rich story line. I found myself drawn into Mira's story right from the start. Christina Rich did a wonderful job of weaving in a fictional account of King Joash's early life, and the dangers believers faced under the brutal rule of Queen Athaliah. When Mira and Ari are on the run with young Joash, I couldn't put the book down. My heart was pounding as they raced through caves with traitors and Philistines determined to kill them all. Rich's writing is lyrical. I am so glad I ...more
Elly
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
I won this book in a giveaway and began reading it almost immediately. I had never before heard of this author, and was anxious to see how I'd like her work.
The story centers around a disfigured woman, Mira, and her father's bond-servant, Ari. As a girl Mira had been injured in a wild-dog attack and left scarred excessively from her hand all the way to her shoulder by the incident. Growing up with the disfigurement, Mira experiences rejection and disgust from others, whether it be potential
Lis K
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was only the second time I read a Biblical fiction book but it was a good one! Compared to a previous biblical fiction book I read, this author did an excellent job in establishing the era of the time. I thought her descriptions of the environment, the clothing, the food, and even the language made the story very realistic. This story is based on the Biblical account of young Joash, future king of Judah. It differs from the Bible in that Joash is raised in a village instead of the temple ...more
Natalie Monk
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rich in historical and sensory detail, this novel will transport you into the Old Testament times and leave you with a deep appreciation for the author’s research.

The volatile setting of Queen Athaliah’s reign is a thrilling backdrop for forbidden romance between Ari, an undercover Jewish temple guard disguised as a servant, and Mira, his master’s daughter.

Mira longs for Ari to rescue her from an arranged betrothal. Charged to protect the young King Joash, Ari is bound to a cause much bigger
Jennifer Hallmark
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Guardian's Promise by Christina Rich is a well-written work of biblical/fiction romance. The descriptions were rich and helped you to get a picture in your mind of the places and people. One of my favorite lines is spoken by the boy, Joash.

"Besides," Joash continued, "if you fear our enemies, you place more trust in their abilities than God."

Awesome read. Don't miss this one...
Janis Kay
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
So, this is set in 835 BC. There are no Christians, yet, lol. I thought this was an interesting change of pace and -even though the history is very very stretched as the author remarks- I found the culture intriguing. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing another detailing Ari's brother Jesse and his own personal search:)
Katy Lee
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written. I've never read a Biblical Fiction book before and I'm so glad Christina Rich's book was my first. Not a flaw and very impressive writing, plus a sweet romantic story. I also gained a better appreciation for the Old Covenant and people who were chosen by God.
Walt
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the most difficult things to do in historical fiction is to integrate real characters into a fictional story and make it believable. Ms. Rich does a wonderful job with this, and produces a wonderful story.
Rhonda Gibson
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
If you enjoy Biblical fiction you will love this book.
Tigress
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good read...loved how the author just dove right into the storyline w/out dragging you along first. Made for a quick read but engaging one. Loved the characters & setting (as always).
Barbara
Good Biblical fiction is sometimes hard to find, and I really enjoyed this one! I would give it 4.5 stars if I could. Set during Queen Athaliah's reign when young Joash was hidden so he could claim the throne of David, I love the way Ms. Rich made the seven or eight year old Joash seem wise beyond his years with God, and Ari's guidance, but yet still believable. The main reason I did not give it five stars is that I felt the uncertainty of Mira and Ari's feelings for each other was a little too ...more
Kelly_Instalove
This was goood. Only one major plot point that bumped it from an A- to a B+ (smart heroine makes a not-so-smart decision that was telegraphed to the reader), but I *loved* the setting, characters and how the faith message was integral to the story.
Melody
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great read. I enjoy Biblical fiction. So different that most eras I read, so a refreshing change! I fell in love with hero and heroine, so that to me, always makes for a job well done. :)
Dorothy Pruett
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it
It wasn't a horrible read. I just couldn't take all the repetition. He loves me but I can't. He loves me but it can never be. He loves me but it will never be... it became harder and harder to pick it back up in fear that I would have to read those words again! it was a good story aside from that. The repeating was not necessary.
Hafiza
orchid
Jul 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Taming the Texas Rancher
  • A Bride for the Baron (Sanctuary Bay, #3)
  • The Story Keeper (Carolina Heirlooms, #2)
  • Searching for You (Orphan Train, #3)
  • A Hero for Christmas (Sanctuary Bay, #2)
  • The MacKinnon's Bride (The Highland Brides #1)
  • The Rejected Writers' Book Club (Southlea Bay, #1)
  • Honeysuckle Dreams (Blue Ridge, #2)
  • On Magnolia Lane (Blue Ridge, #3)
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek, #2)
  • Crossing Promises (Cross Creek, #3)
  • The Preacher's Bride Claim (Bridegroom Brothers, #1)
  • The Horseman's Frontier Family (Bridegroom Brothers, #2)
  • Falling for the Rancher Father (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #7)
  • The Dutiful Daughter (Sanctuary Bay, #1)
  • Blue Ridge Sunrise (Blue Ridge, #1)
  • Winning Over the Wrangler (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #6)
  • Barefoot Summer (Chapel Ridge #1)