Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 29: Kakashi vs. Itachi (Naruto, #29)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 29: Kakashi vs. Itachi (Naruto, #29)

Naruto, Vol. 29: Kakashi vs. Itachi (Naruto #29)

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,497 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Naruto is a ninja-in-training with an incorrigible knack for mischief. He's got a wild sense of humor, but Naruto is completely serious about his mission to be the world's greatest ninja!

Kakashi vs. Itachi

Guy vs. Kisame!! Kakashi vs. Itachi!!! We finally learn what may be happening to Gaara and what might also be in store for Naruto, when they both come face to face with a
Published May 6th 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 4th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 29, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 29

Brad
Aug 04, 2015 Brad rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fantasy
This is one of those times that knowing how good a fight can be with foreknowledge makes a volume suffer in comparison. Itachi can be such a badass, but in this circumstance, he's just pulling the same trick as before.

Also, I wanted to see Naruto be a little more badass after two years of training, but that's a personal thing.
Adalira Morningstar
The only question I really want answered is: does Itachi paint his nails himself or does Sharkface McSideKick maintain his manicure for him?
Nur
May 29, 2016 Nur rated it liked it
Shelves: baca-2016
Beberapa minggu yang lalu, udah mulai marathon baca manga Naruto dari awal, sampai ke volume terakhir yang aku punya (vol. 71) Sekarang jadi kepengen baca ulang buat nandain quotes-quotes yang belum sempet ditandain.

Well... Highlight di sini emang Kakashi vs Itachi sih. Tapi buatku, adegan Naruto yang berusaha sekuat tenaga nyelamatin Gaara, itu keren :")
La Revistería Comics
Mar 06, 2015 La Revistería Comics rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Shippuden...
Recommended to La Revistería by: Naruto...
Shelves: manga, ed-arg
Recuerden, jóvenes otakus, que este tomo es el segundo de la etapa conocida en tv como NARUTO SHIPPUUDEN. Sí, mil años después finalmente tenemos NARUTO SHIPPUUDEN. Los que hayan arrancado NARUTO SHIPPUUDEN tiene que seguir por este tomo, el 29, que equivale a los segundos capítulos de NARUTO SHIPPUUDEN.
Así que ya saben, los que busquenNARUTO SHIPPUUDEN, llévense NARUTO 29: ¡¡Kakashi versus Itachi!!, el comic que inspiró el animé de ¡¡¡¡NARUTO SHIPPUUUUUDEN!!!!
Feather Mista
Jul 31, 2011 Feather Mista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos.
Recommended to Feather by: Lo mismo
Otra serie que me encantaba y que retomo de sorpresa. Creo que en esta relectura me enganchó menos que lo que lo hizo hace unos años, pero sigo viendo las cualidades que convierten a Naruto en uno de los mejores shonen de la actualidad (y por "actualidad" entiéndase más de diez años para acá). A ver hasta dónde me llega esta maratón de relectura. Con suerte, superé incluso el punto en el que quedé en aquel entonces que era la muerte de J... Mejor no lo pongo, para no tener que marcar la review c ...more
Kathleen
Jul 15, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Guy's team must fight Kisame and Kakashi's must fight Itachi. The reveal that those two were only weaker possessed sand ninja was awesome! Naruto's team as has taken an sand village elder, Granny Chiyo to help them. The battles were epic!! I feel like this second half of the series will only get more intense.

We also get an explanation about the sealing of tailed demons (biju) into human hosts (jinchuriki) works and that the host will die if he/she is separated from the tailed beast. Which is wh
Ashley
May 24, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
K.C. Rivers
Oct 30, 2015 K.C. Rivers rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, young-adult, shonen
Re-reading part of the series because it's been so dang long since I read it that I've forgotten half of what happens. I've heard the Naruto final movie is pretty epic, however, so I need to get caught up in the series.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
May 15, 2015 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
You know I'm finding this arc to be pretty good. Actually the later volumes seem to be getting interesting. Anyway, It seems the characters are little better here than the earlier volumes. The art was kind of fun. Good volume.
Carmine
Apr 03, 2016 Carmine rated it liked it
Il volume si salva solamente per il buono (non ottimo) scontro Naruto/Kakashi vs Itachi; il resto, osservandolo con occhio critico, è uno sviluppo narrativo un pochettino approssimativo e poco efficace.

Antwaun
this is a very good book Naruto cares a lot about the ruler of the sand
Taruia
May 18, 2014 Taruia rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Naruto and who seems to be everyone from his village have teamed up with Granny Chiyo in their quest to save Gaara from the secretive Akatsuki. The pace has quickened in this story and I hope it lasts.
Jussi
May 16, 2015 Jussi rated it liked it
I'm rating the series in a clump – see the last book (Vol. 72) for review.
Griffin
Jan 06, 2015 Griffin rated it it was amazing
It was a pretty good book, but then again, so is all of Naruto.
Wickedshizuku
Aug 17, 2016 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
This volume starts off with Chapter 254: Brothers...!!
As Sakura prepares an antidote for Kankuro, Kakashi, Naruto, and the elders of Sand prepare a strategy for hunting down the missing Kazekage. Kankuro's previous battle with Sasori of the Red Sand wasn't in vain. He'd obtained a piece of fabric with his scent for Kakashi and his ninja hounds to track.
This is probably the first time we see the entire organization, Akatsuki, together. So what will happen to Gaara the Kazekage? You'll have to rea
Soul
Jul 05, 2011 Soul rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
I must say it is and it will forever be(fingers crossed) my favorite Manga novel read.

the way Masashi Kishimoto described the characters is just awesome, you get to see them growing up, becoming responsible... powerful...

and it is not just characters,

The plot itself is so much bigger... u simply can't get enough of it. and add to that,

u get more than just entertainment, you learn...
what is
responsibility,
respect,
kindness,
friendship...

so it is not just a manga it is a way of living... The sprite
Aleina
Feb 21, 2016 Aleina rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Ahhhhh!!!!! They gotta save Gaara! They just gotta!!! By the way, Sakura is AWESOME!!!!
Dymond
May 07, 2015 Bobby rated it really liked it
3.5
Moises Burbano
Jul 24, 2009 Moises Burbano rated it really liked it
I like all the fight scenes in this one. I think that Naruto is still not ready to be able to beat itachi he makes a good effort but still fails.He beat itachi but it was not the real one. I was suprized when i saw that both of the people they fought were not the real ones. Im sad cause i donk know if garra died or not :[.
Emmy Lou
I swear, if Gaara dies, I will be one displeased Gaara fangirl. I've never seen the Shippuden anime, except for actually this EXACT episode on Disney XD. My dad spoiled it and said Gaara does die eventually, but it's looking pretty grim for him right now...

Gaaragurl97
Sep 18, 2008 Gaaragurl97 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any other gaara lover/naruto lover
Recommended to Gaaragurl97 by: none. i wanted it as soon as i saw it @ the bookstore
it's a great book and one part i luv the most because it has my favorite character named gaara.(i luv him so much that his name is in my gmail acount and my username.)if u havn't read it, then u realy should.
sara frances
this volume reminded me WHY i put up with the edited american versions, kishimoto's personal histories! i would pay to see a picture of him with that frog purse on his head!
R. Maryana
Feb 22, 2013 R. Maryana rated it really liked it
Satu Sharingan lawan dua Sharingan. Setidaknya Itachi itu bukan dia yang sebenarnya. Aku tidak yakin kalau Kakashi bisa melawan Mangekyou Sharingan ._.
Waiyun
Apr 30, 2013 Waiyun rated it it was amazing
Jenny
Jun 17, 2008 Jenny rated it liked it
[Ch. 254-262]

Good, but I just can't wait till they really start fighting! This volume was really sweet. I love Gaara. *hugs*
Amélie
Apr 30, 2013 Amélie rated it liked it
Shelves: jeunesse, adventure, manga
Not bad. The thing with this series is that it has many interesting characters, it just doesn't always use them well...
Kushnuma
Sep 30, 2015 Kushnuma rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this series and love all the characters very much. Also, enjoy watching the anime.
  • Bleach, Volume 25
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)