Start by marking “Seaside Romance (Holiday Harbor #3)” as Want to Read:
Seaside Romance (Holiday Harbor #3)

Seaside Romance

(Holiday Harbor #3)

Running away from her troubled city life, Lauren Foster never thought she'd find herself in small-town Maine. But Holiday Harbor is everything she's looking for. The townspeople are welcoming, her job at her friend's toy store is going well and, most important, she's safe. Meeting contractor Ben Thomas soon changes all that. With his good looks, easygoing nature and kind h ...more
Published February 18th 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Seaside Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seaside Romance

Ruth
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! In my life, this was the most inspiring book I could have ever read! Circumstances in my life had left me heart broken and not knowing how I was to go on, then on page 88, I read, "Life is always in motion and we can not change that, so we just have to ride out the storms the best we can"...how those words hit me. Thank you Mia, for another wonderful book. Asking God to continue His blessings on you and thanks for sharing your God given talent of writing with us!
Lynn Demsky
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Safe in His Arms ... Running away from her troubled city life, Lauren Foster never thought she'd find herself in small-town Maine. But Holiday Harbor is everything she's looking for. The townspeople are welcoming, her job at her friend's toy store is going well and, most important, she's safe. Meeting contractor Ben Thomas soon changes all that. With his good looks, easygoing nature and kind heart, he's turning her peaceful new life upside down. She's quickly falling for the local hero, but whe ...more
Bonnie
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet love story!! If you like a good love story, you'll love this one!! A clean romance, built on friendship, kindness and respect!
Brittany
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Seaside Romance is another sweet and uplifting story from the Holiday Harbor series. Don’t worry if you have not read the other books, this one can stand alone nicely.

The author has done a great job of creating a town up in Maine that is the idyllic little all-American community. She also does a great job of describing the quaintness of the village and the beauty of the ocean. I really liked the characters, Lauren Foster and Ben Thomas. These two people had issues going on in their lives that th
Martha
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a very well written book and I almost read it in one sitting! (Had to take a break to do some "real-life" chores though). It held my interest and the characters were quite believable. I liked the small town setting too -- it sounded like a nice place to visit with all of the friendly people there. The ending although predictable (it is a romance book)still made me very happy with tears in my eyes for the two main characters. I guess this was just the right book for me to read ...more
Janice Sisemore
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
It was nice to visit Holiday Harbor again. Lauren is there to watch over the toy store while Julia goes on her honeymoon. Ben is a contractor there, they get to know each other and course goes on from there. Very good story.

Karen
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Lauren Foster runs to her friend Julia's Holiday Harbor Toy shop after breaking it off with Jeremy in NYC. Ben Thomas, of Thomas & Sons, is just holding things together for his dad after his parents divorce. Can the hometown boy that wants to leave fall for the big city girl that wants to say?
Jennifer Robb
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: love inspired readers, readers who like mia ross
Recommended to Jennifer by: Avon Lake Public Library
The characters are likable but the plot is formulaic. Lauren Foster finally wakes up to what's happening with her New York City relationship and flees to Holiday Harbor, Maine where an old friend gives her a job and a place to stay. Serendipitously, this same friend is also marrying her "prince charming" (and the house of their dreams comes on the market shortly before their wedding, leaving Lauren a convenient place to stay now that she's decided to stay in town after all).

Lauren seems to want
Sandy Richardson
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christian romance readers, romance readers, geographic love story readers
Recommended to Sandy by: Goodreads
I won this great book through Goodreads. I enjoy reading Love Inspired books, they always have a good story line and a good Christian message. I truly enjoy reading the scripture reference at the beginning of the book then watching this reference being woven throughout the book.

This book starts out with a 28 year old lady hiding out in a small town in Maine. It is clear she has never felt comfortable or settled in her life as an adult. She has suffered through a dangerous, scary relationship and
Jasmyn
They say that once you visit Holiday Harbor you never want to leave. Well, I can say that I might leave, but I will definitely want to come back. This series has been the perfect vacation book for me (not in the sense that I'm on vacation). When I need a break from the booding males, the flirty females, and all the super hot sex scenes - this series is becoming my break. (Book two is a christmas one so I'll probably read that closer to the holiday).

This book in the series was ever so slightly mo
Brandi
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
This book was a typical love story. Girl has bad relationship, girl moves to small town, girl finds boy of her dreams. Add quite a few references to faith and God and that's the story. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. I expected something to happen to cause a fall for the hero, perhaps something to cause the type of adversity that they need to overcome to be together, but I was disappointed. I enjoy a good love story, something that seems a little more real, because love isn't perfect. ...more
Judy
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Safe Haven in Holiday Harbor?

Where do you go if you want to hide out from a controlling man? Lauren Foster chose a small town in Maine where a friend welcomes her with open arms and gives Lauren a job in her toy store. Much to Lauren’s surprise the town welcomes her and soon she starts to feel at home.

When Lauren first meets Ben Thomas she finds him to be easy on the eyes and quite friendly. She does not trust him or any man for that matter so she keeps him at arms length. Trust once it is brok
Michelle
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy through the goodreads giveaway. Really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed the how well the author managed to draw a believable picture of the peculiarities that can arise in small towns and become important traditions to those with roots there. My only complaint was that such a big deal was made of Jeremy through out the story that to me it seemed that when he finally made an appearance the standoff was a little anticlimactic, and that Jeremy gave up much too easily for his character.
Serafina
Feb 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Serafina by: GoodReads Giveaway Winner
Shelves: giveaway-winner
I was slightly disappointed by this book. The book has the word romance in the title and I was expecting more. The first kiss didn't happen until the last 7 pages. It was 200 pages of build up for a huge let down. Also, I felt like Lauren's problems with Jeremy weren't serious enough to justify her behavior. Yea, he wasn't a good guy, but she made him out to be a monster. I actually felt bad for him because of the bad rap she gave him. Another thing that was questionable was finances. For such a ...more
Cindelu
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book on Goodreads.It is a lovely romance set in a beautiful seaside town (where I would love to live) and with a soft but deeply felt Christian theme. The characters were strong but kind and well written enough to visualize them easily. A bit of humor and some children nicely dotted the storyline. I would recommend this as a quick, light romance to read at the beach or when closed inside on a snowy day.
Amy Ayers
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Clean, inspirational romance can be a good read, but this is not. Very little depth to characters, her abusive ex seems very tame. There are no high highs or low lows in this book. Just sort of a gently wavy line from beginning to end. I don't need a lot of physical love scenes to enjoy a romance, but you HAVE to show intimacy between characters somehow and this author just didn't do it for me.
Tasha
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Back in 2013 I fell madly in love with a book by Mia Ross (A Place For Family) it was a very emotionally charged story that I could not put down (I tried, like to eat supper... that didn't go so well). Stories by Mia aren't just stories they are like watching something really happening in front of you. You are not reading it you are seeing it as it happens. I am so happy to be able to read another story by Mia today.
Angelica Dimeo
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I got this book from goodreads first reads contest
it starts out with Lauren who had a very bad past relationship
so she moves to a small town to help her old college friend Julia
at her toy shop and she meets ben a ruggedly handsome man who parents just got divorced
the story is pretty good and even if you are religious this book has no explicitness as far as sexual
content thanks for the chance to read this book
Marianne
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
Very shallow book. No depth to the characters or circumstances. Protagonist had an issue with a man in New York to the point she ran away. Never found out about the factors, yet her character went from frightened to self assured in the matter of a month. The author was shallowly descriptive and wrote very predictably. Could be a good beach read for some. I won this book through the Goodreads First Reads contest and received it for free.
Bonnie
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Seaside Romance. Ben Thomas does construction with his dad. Ben likes restoring historical building. Ben's mom divorced his dad. His dad is having a hard time. Eventually he comes around. Lauren Foster moves to Ben's home town. Lauren is running away from an ex boyfriend who wants to control her life. Ben and Lauren eventually get together. A good read.
Alaina Maxam
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
EVEN THOUGH THIS IS A ROMANTIC STORY IT IS DEFINITELY A GOOD READ. IT IS NICE TO SEE THAT AFTER BEING BEAT DOWN BY A MAN SHE COULD STILL FIND HER INNER STRENGTH. THE MAIN CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK HAVE MISTRUST OF THE OPPOSITE SEX BUT THEY ARE ABLE TO FIND LOVE AND TRUST IN EACH OTHER. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO MY FRIENDS.
Eva
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lauren and Ben's story is as sweet and satisfying as ice cream on a summer day. While not always a fan of "spiritual" romances, I enjoyed this one very much and look forward to reading more from this author. A lovely story with a perfect seaside setting. Just right for poolside or beach reading on a summer afternoon!
Colleen Mertens
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was a book I won in a contest on Goodreads. It was a simple straight forward romance. There was much in the way of unexpected plot twists. It had cute characters and was a good light easy read. Very clean in terms of romance stories.
Harlequin Books
"Lauren's strength and Ben's humility make this yarn a pleasing addition to the Holiday Harbor series. Lauren and Ben embody 'doing what you can and trusting God to do the rest.'" (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)

Miniseries: Holiday Harbor
Allena Heckman
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. It was written great and the characters are amazing. I will recommend to my friends. I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Harlequin Books
received 4 stars from RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: Holiday Harbor
Lori
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A nice clean romance that is suited for all. Christian message is not clear, but it is nice to read a clean book. Enjoyed it very much.
Sandy Klocinski
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book free through the Goodreads First Reads program. This was a delightful pleasant read. I'll put Holiday Harbor into my holiday plans if I can locate it on a map!
Donna Schubert
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i loved reading this book i couldnt put it down.
Leslie
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Sweet story. I enjoyed it!

• A Love Rekindled (A Town Called Hope #2)
  • Saved by the Fireman (Gordon Falls, #5)
  • The Cowboy's Homecoming (The Cowboy Series, #8)
  • The Journey of Josephine Cain (American Tapestries)
  • A Place to Call Home (Mirror Lake, #1)
  • Cowboy Under the Mistletoe  (Buchanons, #1)
  • Small-Town Dad
  • Operation Midnight  (Cutter's Code #1)
  • The Satanic Bridegroom
  • The Lord Who Sneered and Other Tales (Miss Delacourt #5)
  • Deadly Contact
  • Birdie's Nest
  • Alaskan Hearts
  • Alternate Hilarities
  • Better With Time (Shaw Brothers Series, Vol. 1)
  • Dustland
  • Bleeding Heart (The Heart's Spring, #2)
  • Financial Faithfulness: Unlocking Scripture to Avoid the Distraction of Money
Mia Ross loves great stories. She enjoys reading about fascinating people, long-ago times, and exotic places. But only for a little while, because her reality is pretty sweet. Married to her college sweetheart, she's the proud mom of two amazing kids whose schedules keep her hopping. Busy as she is, she can't imagine trading her life for anyone else's--and she has a pretty good imagination.

Holiday Harbor (3 books)
  • Rocky Coast Romance (Holiday Harbor #1)
  • Jingle Bell Romance (Holiday Harbor #2)