Start by marking “Kitchen Science Lab for Kids: 52 Family Friendly Experiments from Around the House” as Want to Read:

Conduct physics, chemistry, and biology experiments with tools and ingredients found in any kitchen! These 52 labs created by mom and scientist Liz Lee Heinecke introduce fundamental scientific principles in a fun and accessible format.

Have fun:

exploring physics: marshmallow slingshots serve as a lesson on the transformation of energy and an egg-throwing experiment demons
Published September 15th 2014 by Quarry Books (first published January 1st 2014)

Start your review of Kitchen Science Lab for Kids: 52 Family Friendly Experiments from Around the House
Kristin
Woohoo...this came in the mail yesterday. So excited to try some out with my kiddo this weekend. Thanks First-Reads :)
Greg Gbur
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Though I spent a lot of time thinking about how to properly explain science in a way that is comprehensible to non-scientists, my biggest Achilles heel is my lack of experience in explaining things at a level that kids can understand. Fortunately, there are a growing number of resources out there to help people do kid-friendly science! One that just came out last month is Kitchen Science Lab for Kids, by Liz Heinecke.

Heinecke has been a long-time advocate for kid-friendly science experiments, an
Paige Helm
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great, great resource to have around the house for moms, dads, home schoolers, nannies, or anyone that enjoys doing fun and creative activities with children. My boyfriend's daughter picked this out for him for Christmas, and they both love it. All the experiments are explained in great (but not excessive) detail, and many of the experiments I recognize as simplified versions of experiments I have done in university science labs. Cannot wait to put these experiments all to test! ...more
Amy
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My kids are loving this book and all of the experiments we have been conducting!
Beth Kakuma-Depew
We tested only one recipe, the Rock candy, and their recipe worked great!
MissJLovesReading
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Firstly I'd like to thank Netgalley for providing me with an E-ARC copy of Kitchen Science Lab for Kids in exchange for an honest review. The following thoughts are completely my own.

This is a great cookbook that has it's main focus not only on the food but on the science of cooking and education children as well. Having done a number of edible science experiments with students before, I have seen first-hand how fascinating and fun they find it all. I like that the food she chose was not only f
Kami
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought this a couple of years ago and my kids beg--yes, literally beg--for me to do more activities from it. Yes, I realize you could probably find them all on Pinterest, but I love books and I love having all the info handy and put together nicely and where my kids can mark which ones they want to do next. I highly recommend it. We're definitely going to check out other books in the series now that I know they exist. How did I not know that before??! ...more
Feb 02, 2021 rated it liked it
I really liked how this book incorporated the scientific aspect of cooking and baking. That said, I don’t think that many of the recipes were accessible for most families, simply because they required obscure ingredients that cannot be found in a grocery store.
Cathy
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
There are some basic, easy fun experiments in this book. Many can be done with basic household items or easy to find at the store. I can’t wait to try some of these out with the kids at the library.
Sara
I love how affordable these are for the quality of experiments/crafts. Some of the projects include: rock candy, marshmallow slingshots, egg in a bottle, bottle rockets, window sprouts, homemade petri plates, and cornstarch goo. Some of these just look so fun and are not very complicated.
Erica
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Scarlette
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I looove "speriments" in the kitchen with my mommy and daddy! ...more
Maggie
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Get again. Fun science experiments that grandson would love. But for older than preschool
Mary
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Love this book! We have done many of the experiments with great results. I love the kid friendly scientific explanations for each experiment.
Liz {children’s books}
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science
So impressed with this book! Not only are the experiments fun & straightforward, the author also gives the scientific reasoning of why they work as they do. I highly recommend this!
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Learn science in your kitchen and around the house.

I love the Nature Walk bracelets. Fun and unique approaches to STEM at home.
Jennifer Hess
Liz Gustavson
Jun 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dessert Person: Recipes and Guidance for Baking with Confidence
  • Field Guide to Urban Gardening:How to Grow Plants, No Matter Where You Live: Raised Beds • Vertical Gardening • Indoor Edibles • Balconies and Rooftops • Hydroponics
  • Funny, You Don't Look Autistic: A Comedian's Guide to Life on the Spectrum
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Sluggers' Car Wash
  • Little Apple: A Book of Thanks
  • Birds of a Feather: Bowerbirds and Me
  • The Land of Stories Collection 3 Book Set (The Land of Stories, #1-3)
  • A Pizza My Heart (Pizzathology Book 1)
  • Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks
  • Hey, Kiddo
  • How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems
  • Mooncakes
  • You're On Mute: 101 Tips to Add Zip to your Zoom
  • How We Roll
  • Rapunzel's Revenge (Rapunzel's Revenge, #1)
  • Just Send the Text: An Expert's Guide to Letting Go of the Stress and Anxiety of Modern Dating
  • #ENTRYLEVELBOSS: How to Get Any Job You Want