Start by marking “Meant for Her” as Want to Read:
Meant for Her

Meant for Her ( #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  384 Ratings  ·  81 Reviews
Photographer Sierra Stratton views the world through a lens all her own. She has an uncanny sense about people, something that often causes her trouble. When she meets the sexy and brooding Evan Dorsey, her intuition tells her he’s suffering, and she wants to be the one to help him.

Evan isn’t open to help from anyone, however. His focus is on his Major League career and ma
Published October 15th 2013 by Iambe Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Meant for Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meant for Her

Stephanie • Ideally Inspired
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Meant For Her is a New Adult stand-alone spinoff of Raine Thomas' For Everly (which was her debut NA novel). As with For Everly, this book immerses us into the world of romance, and baseball. (Two things that rank high in my world!)

This book starts off with a glimpse into Evan Dorsey's perspective. Even though he is supposed to be helping his good friend Cole celebrate one of the happiest moments of his life, Evan has a hard time reigning in the happiness due to that fact that he's recently expe
ChuCha
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

The last time I reviewed a book from Raine Thomas – it was my birthday. For Everly was a great birthday treat then – seeing the cover for MEANT FOR HER, I was expecting something as good as the first one. I wasn’t disappointed.

I have never met a more kindred spirit than Sierra Stratton. Have you ever met someone who sees all the good things in people?? Who is nice to everyone, even to strangers? Who is willing to hand out her heart in a silver platter witho
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Lambe Books via NetGalley

Such a sweet story about love and hope.

Evan first meets an angelic pixie like character at Cole and Everly's wedding (From For Everly). She comes out of no where and shines a light into Evan's darkness that for the first time gives him hope. However once he realizes he wants to know more about her she disappears and he returns back to L.A.

While in L.A. Evan isn't happy and the only thing he wants is to live his mother's dream and play
Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros)
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-ing
4.5*****
eARC for Honest Review from Sinfonia dos Livros via NetGalley

My first book from Raine Thomas, and I loved it. Really did. Once I got caught in the story of Evan and Sierra (love this name), couldn't stop until I know if she was going to make him fall in love with her.
Evan Dorsey is a man who as his emotions locked away by the pain of losing his mother. He's a baseball player coming to play on the Atlanta team, his hometown, and it's in Atlanta that he is going to find that we can not hid
K.D. Carrillo
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Evan Dorsey is emotionally paralyzed by the death of his mother. He is leery of experiencing that kind of pain again, and isolated himself from getting close to anyone.

Sierra Stratton is a very intuitive woman who has learned to trust her instincts. From the moment Evan sees her he is captivated by her dimpled smile, and free spirit.

Sierra believes she and Evan are meant to be together, and sets about breaking down the walls he has set up against emotion.

After transfering to Atlanta to play bas
Lauren - SERIESous Books
A solid 4.5/5. I found it really refreshing that Sierra was the one who had her life together so the development was focused more on Evan. Not that Sierra didn't have things to work on, she did. But I usually find in romances it's the heroine who has to have a total transformation. It was nice to have that slight reversal to me.
Regardless, they were a great pair and I loved the slow burning relationship between them.
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am such a huge fan of Author Raine Thomas! Her Daughters Of Saraqael series is still one of my favorite Fantasy series to date! Now I must say that I love Ms. Thomas New Adult titles as well. Meant For Her was fantastic!

The story follows very sexy baseball player Evan Dorsey, who desiring to fulfill the longtime wish of his mother, who had recently passed; Evan negotiated a spot on the Atlanta team, playing alongside with his long time buddy Cole parker. ( He was the hottie from Ms. Thomas fir
Sandra "Jeanz"
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
INITIAL THOUGHTS
Approaching this book I was exited to learn more about Cole and Everly as well as meeting the new characters too. My thoughts were Would I like this book as much as For Everly?
At 16% done with Meant for Her: New characters of Sierran and Evan Dorsey an old friend of Cole's coming to play on the atlanta team immediately taken under Baseball Boss Caroline's protective wing. Also enjoying the catch up with Cole & Everly and their married life & pregnancy too.

MY REVIEW
I recei
Ana
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you read and enjoyed For Everly, you will definitely enjoy this book as well. Although this is a follow-up book with many of the same characters, it can definitely stand alone. It’s a book with some romance, some mystery and some wonderful characters who will draw you in from the very beginning.

The first time Sierra meets Evan she knows instinctively that he’s sad and broken. She also knows that she wants to help him get through the darkness he’s facing. So, when fate brings him to her city t
AnnMarie
Drama, romance, love, heartbreak, smexiness, and mystery...the perfect contemporary read!

Raine Thomas writes in such a way that you are completely enveloped in the characters world. From the first word to the last, you are thoroughly engaged. Lush, vibrant, and full of texture, the story line takes you on a trip of emotions ranging from laughter, tears, screaming, goosebumps, anger, rejoicing, and trepidation. A kaleidoscope of feels.

I was completely in love with Evan and Sierra.

Sierra was quir
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say that Raine is an incredible author. She can weave a story like no ones business and capture you right from the start. So after reading For Everly I asked Raine if she was going to continue with a series she said yes and I was so happy. First I love baseball it is America's favorite past time but there is something about watching baseball I love. I grew up with cousins who played so I went to almost every game and of course I love watching my Boston Red Sox's play. But there w ...more
Daydreamer
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been a huge fan of Raine ever since her first book was published a few years ago. She has always written beautifully and has a way with words that can only come from natural talent. Her books have been amazing from the start and they just get better and better!

Meant for her is as of now one of my favorite books by Raine. I started reading it and couldn't put it down. I loved the characters so much! I found myself relating to Sierra. Her "flaws" reminded me of my flaws and I noticed her doin
*P
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This book was a spin off from Raine Thomas' For Everly. I never read the first book but didn't feel that it took away from Sierra and Evan's story. For those fan's of the first book, they will be happy to get more glimpses of those characters.

Evan is coming to play ball in Atlanta. He is trying to rid himself of some of the guilt after his mom's death. Because of that loss, he has no interest in relationships or setting down roots. Sierra is a unique individual, always seeing the best in
Heather andrews
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So of course I had to read this bookie, as well it's by Raine Thomas people come on. Evan... that boy *sighs* that boy gave me whiplash, he was such a wanker at times, and then you know at certain points I thought he needed a swift kick in the gonads. I'm not sure how to describe his feelings for Sierra, you decide, "she turned and almost collided with Evan's chest. Apparently, he had been following her." I mean he's a looker and he has an accent so those give him points in my book, "Evan stood ...more
Katelyn (Tales of Books and Bands)
Raine Thomas has yet again impressed me with her Contemporary Romance writing abilities. Sierra and Evan’s story was a story filled with a little bit of darkness, a little bit of healing, and a little bit of love and compassion.

Evan was a difficult character to really grasp at the begging. Since the story is told through dual points of view, I would see the way he treated Sierra through her eyes which wasn’t always all that great and then switch over to Evan’s point of view and witness the reaso
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
This book was packed full of emotions, romance, and lots of suspense. But what got me the most was the suspense and mystery that seemed to crop up out of left field (baseball pun most definitely intended.) I had no idea who was behind the threats even though I thought I did. It is a great feeling knowing the author got one over on you. Well done, Thomas. Well done.

The romance was beautifully done. It had you aching by the time some scenes came around and you realized you were falling in love rig
Amanda (Hootie) Clark

**DNF @ 34% **

(First DNF of 2017! Woop woop)

description

It was listed as New Adult and I should have listened to my gut and backed away slowly but instead, I downloaded the sample and got wrapped up in the first six chapters of the budding chemistry between closed off Evan and bubbly Sierra... and now, after diving into the copy I grabbed for myself....? I wish Marty and Doc were real people!

description

The story started off pretty good. Evan is dealing with a painful loss and Sierra meets him at the right moment, a
A Book Vacation
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
To see my full review:

Raine Thomas has quickly become one of my top authors to read. If it has her name on it, I’m definitely going to pick it up, especially after being blown away by both this novel and her previous NA release, For Everly. Set in the same world of major league baseball, both Meant For Her and For Everly unite America’s favorite pastime with angsty men, exceptional women, a bit of mystery, and much intrigue in order to create breath taking, amazing reads.

W
Kimber Wheaton
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, new-adult
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Meant for Her is a prime example of what makes a romance great. The characters in this novel leap off the pages. By the end of the story, I knew them so well, they seemed like friends. No amount of action scenes, murders, or sex can accomplish what a well developed character can. I'm not saying that the plot is boring, but what really mattered in this novel were the characters. The plot took a backseat to them.

Sierra is more t
Caro [The Book Rogue]
This is my first venture into the contemporary sports section, and I really enjoyed it. =) Not that I had any idea about the baseball terms, but the ups and dows that come with a team are something I love.

But of course it's not just the baseball that deserves the credit for being the sorce of good AND evil in this, no, a whole lot of more good came from the photography part. I really, really admire people who can capture a moment in a picture. Those kinds of people where the saying "A picture te
Amanda Kieckbusch-Brown
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Evan Dorsey is in a world of blackness after his mother dies. He is afraid to get close to anyone again in fear of the emotional turmoil he went though with his mom. He keeps everyone at an arms length and doesn't plan to stay in one spot. But once he sees HER, he is mesmerized by her sweet pimpled smile and the words she says.

Sierra Stratton is someone who trusts what her gut is telling her. When she see's him at Cole and Everly's reception, she knows there is something wrong with him. But what
BookHookup
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Nicola
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was well written, the characters caught my attention from the very beginning and it just left me with a wonderfully contented feeling... Like curling up under a blanket in my favourite PJs, all snug and warm and happy inside, while the wind howls and the rain pours down outside.

This book features Evan who is a childhood friend, and fellow baseball player, of Cole who we met in the previous book For Everly (the first NA offering from the author).

Sierra, our leading lady, was
Jac (For Love and Books)
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Honest time. I’d never heard of Raine Thomas until last week when I found her book – Meant For Her – on Netgalley. I’m deep into a Sports Romance kick (31 books in a row now!) and I saw the baseball glove on the cover and just felt that I HAD to read it. I started at 10am, and have done pretty much nothing but read today. (With breaks to, you know – care for my child and all that jazz…) I ADORED this book, to put it lightly.

In 337 pages, Raine Thomas has built a complex story line, with an incre
Lisa
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I heard Raine Thomas was releasing another NA contemporary romance I knew I would have to get my hands on it. I have loved all Raine' books and love how she writes both YA paranormal and NA contemporary romance so flawlessly and how she manges to write both seemingly effortlessly. I need to give Raine extra thanks this time as with her latest release Meant for Her, she managed to save me from insanity. I would often turn on my kindle numerous times in the night/early hours while I fed my de ...more
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars rounded to 2

I really wanted to like this book, but I just couldn't. I had to take a day to relax before writing a review, because I was so annoyed and frustrated with these MCs. If For Everly made me want to read more by Raine Thomas, this book almost made me want to stop.

What I liked:
The alternating dual povs, even while written in the first person, were nicely written. I enjoy Thomas's writing style or else I would have given this book 1 star for the story it told. I can't help but
Ashley Byland
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are never enough words to describe how much I love Raine Thomas. I feel in love with her with her First Born trilogy and when she decided to release a NA Contemporary Romance novel, I was surprised at how different the genre was, but wanted to read it because I love Raine. I feel in love with For Everly, and when I knew that Raine was doing about NA book, I was all over it. And oh my goodness, this woman is a NA Contemporary Romance GODDESS!!!

Meant For Her is kind of a sequel to For Everly
Jackie Lane
Since I feel in love with Raine Thomas's writing in For Everly, this book was a "must read" for me. It did not disappoint.

I love the baseball theme that has run through the two books, it is actually a very refreshing book to read. There is a fabulous story line, wonderful characters, romance, mystery, trust, cruelty and love.

Evan Dorsey has put up walls around himself. He has lost his mother and has major trust issues. He does not like to stay in one place for too long, nor does he do commitment
EndlessReading
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First off I want to give a HUGE thank you to Raine, for providing me with an ARC copy of this book to review for the tour :)

What an emotional rollercoaster, and for it to be the male lead character instead of the female for a change.

Such a different outlook and I loved every minute.

I fell in love with Evan, and OMG I LOVE his name, its unusual and different :) Oh and did I mention that he's HOT as Sin and Australian, so we know what that means.....sexy as hell accent ;P

Rain has written the chara
Maria Theresa
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Evan Dorsey is a handsome baseball player and Sierra Stratton is beautiful, kind, loving and caring photographer. The first time they met there is an instant connection and attraction. Evan still can't move on his mother death, he missed his mom so much it hurts so badly that he didn't like letting people get close to him. Evan life turned upside down and in the end he just wanted to get through the day with his baseball career to make his mother proud.

Sierra was just everything Evan needed wi
Sisterhood of the...: Meant for Her, by Raine Thomas 43 28 Jul 06, 2014 01:16PM
  • Spring Training (Game On #1)
  • The One Left Behind (The One, #1)
  • Donor (Dresdan Coven, #2)
  • Secondary Characters
  • How to Reprimand Your Rock Star (DommeNation, #2)
  • Fair Play
  • Char
  • Better Date than Never Boxed Set, #7-10
  • Vigil
  • Sweet Nothing
  • Tormented (The Gates Legacy, #2)
  • Say Yes (Something More, #2)
  • Without You (Stripped, #1.5)
  • Only The Good Die Young
  • Numbed (The White Coat, #2)
  • Perfect Misfits
  • Hollywood Lies
  • In the Wind
Raine Thomas is the award-winning author of bestselling Young Adult and New Adult fiction. Known for character-driven stories that inspire the imagination, Raine recently signed with multiple award-winning producer Chase Chenowith of Back Fence Productions to bring her popular Daughters of Saraqael trilogy to the big screen. She's a proud indie author who is living the dream.

Raine is a hopeless ro
More about Raine Thomas...

(2 books)