Start by marking “Bedlam” as Want to Read:
Bedlam

Bedlam

Love hurts. Obsession kills.

Joe loves Kit. Everyone thinks she’s dead. Joe knows she’s not.

If you lost the love of your life, how far would you go to get them back?
Detective Joe McNeil would do absolutely anything.
When Joe breathes life into a killer’s victim, he discovers what anything really means.

Nell will use whatever is necessary to ensure she survives, including Joe.
Published August 31st 2013 by CreateSpace (first published August 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bedlam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedlam

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: My mindfuck family .
**5 "BREATHLESS YING AND YANG" STARS**

"He loves me, he loves me not.”

"Step one, almost gone.
Step two, I still love you.
Step three, can’t catch me.
Step four, evermore.
Step five, still alive.
Step six, don't be late
Step seven, heaven or hell.
Step eight, full of hate.
Step nine, you are mine.
Step ten, begin again"

Love hurts. Obsession kills.......and boy did it fuck with my head. Wow, this story is brilliant. I had no idea where the story was leading and once I finally thought I pieced this puz
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
description

I heard of this book a long time ago, but for some reason I thought that it won’t be for me. Big mistake! Only recently I decided to give it a try and I’m glad I did, because “Bedlam” is that kind of story you are drawn to immediately. It was a very interesting read. But more than that it was captivating, suspenseful, with a unique premise. “Bedlam” is labeled as a dark read. For me it wasn’t dark at all. Also for me it wasn’t a romance. A story about love, yes. It’s more a mystery with many psy
Brandi
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brandi by: JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Shelves: dark-twisty
description

That about sums it up. This book drove me batshit crazy. It made my brain hurt, but I couldn't wait to see how it all played out, so I carried on. It was a complex story, well-written, entertaining and slightly infuriating.

Detective Joe McNeil has not been himself, not since his girlfriend, Kit's disappearance. He has spent the past year simply going through the motions and turning to alcohol to get through the day. Everyone believes her to be dead, everyone but Joe - he becomes obsessed with f
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book - Bedlam
Author - B. A. Morton
Publication Date - August 31, 2013
Type - Stand-Alone (Maybe a series?)
Genre - Dark Romance, Thriller, Horror
Rating - 5 out of 5 Stars

Review

WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO READ WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF NARCOTICS OR LSD

Please follow my advice and let this book seep into your mind and imagination before trying to get the overall feeling of the story. There are so many puzzles to this book that your brain is going to need time to digest it all and make sense of it.

I
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Shelby *trains flying monkeys* by: JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Shelves: read-2014
I had to go to bed last night after reading this book. I had to recover. I kept waking up throughout the night though thinking about it.

Sometimes I hate books that leave you with questions..they make you think. I'm a lazy reader though. At times.

This book.

Joey is a down and out cop. His girlfriend Kit went missing last year. Everyone believes she is dead. Except for Joe. He drinks too much, misses work..just doesn't really give a crap anymore.

Then he gets a call from his boss. There has been s
Beverly
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
* * * * *5 Wowing Stars* * * * *

Confession…I am so nervous to write this review because I could never do this book justice. I am going to try because this book deserves a review, even if it is a shitty one from me.

Bedlam is about Joe, a drunken, down on his luck police officer and his hunt to find his missing girlfriend Kit.

See that is isn’t right, this book is about so much more…but when this book was recommended to me and I read the synopsis that is exactly what I thought. Then I read the fi
Barbara
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Barbara by: JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Shelves: mistery, wow, dark

photo oie_BERngx3zF2TD_zpsd186500c.gif

Thanks so much Jahy for the rec... and thanks my dear Barbara for reading it with me! <3<3

Now for the review...

B.A. Morton baited the trap, loaded the dart and sweetened the pill, into the darkest reaches of the mind, which burned a hole in my gut and brain… I felt like I was in a fast merry-go-round, a very very disturbing, confusing, puzzling and dark one…
 photo oie_30113111vQOl0RA6_zpse4e38beb.gif

I felt like I was always on the edge of the abyss…
 photo oie_30113416I819egjE2_zps59b073d7.jpg
what a brilliant fuck up book.

I will not write about any of the MCs or the stor
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: JaHy ❣HanniBites❣ HaAAARRRdy ♕
3.75 Riddle Stars

"He does not understand. Ultimately he will. He seeks his lost love as I seek him. Eventually he must choose."

This story is a page turning frustrating mystery about Detective Joe McNeil's quest to find his missing girlfriend, Kit.

The book will have readers second guessing everyone's sanity at one point or another.

"...she was crazy, or he was crazy, or both."

description

Bedlam is well written and the author ties up all questions in a grand way.

description

The connections and ending for me were ov
Elaine
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Haunting Stars

Bedlam is one of those stories that you don't really know what's really happening, but slowly by slowly it then sucks you in until you are totally consumed by the story...
It has a very atmospheric almost Gothic feel haunting but.. brilliantly written.

Where is Kit? is she alive, Joe thinks she is..

Who is Nell? what is her interest in Joe..

Who is real?....

Kit has been missing now for a year. Everybody tells Joe her Policeman boyfriend that's shes dead.. gone... but Joe feels he ca
Silvana
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been sitting for ages stumped on how to review this book- Not because I don't have the words, on the contrary I have too many but unfortunately they may spoil the book for any that have not read it yet.

This novel captivated me, completely consumed my thoughts during and hours after I finished it. In the beginning I was reading and trying to guess what's going on which left me confused and frustrated. At the 40% mark, I decided to stop trying to outsmart the book and just let it reveal all
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
I know there is no way I can do justice to this read as I sit here hours after the last written word and I am still pondering the entire mindf*** that B.A. Morton laid on me!

In the darkness known as Bedlam...

This is a tale of lost love, maybe. Or is it a tale of madness stemming from despair and grief, maybe? Could it be a tale of manipulation and control, maybe? I am not 100% sure I can adequately say what the main gist of the tale is...perhaps it is all of the above that made Joe McNeil's sto
Miriam Smith
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kept-book, signed
"Bedlam" by B.A.Morton is a creepy and haunting tale of obsession, love, kidnap and betrayal that i found so suspenseful I could not put it down. This is a new author to me but I am confident that this will not be the last book I read by her, I loved every page picturing every scene with clarity as it unfolded. The writing flows like poetry at times with descriptions vivid and mind blowing. The plot centres around a down on his luck, drunken detective Joe McNeil and his obsession to find his mis ...more
Menna

HOLLY SHIT!! What a creepy confusing as hell mind fuck ride!!

that was a totally dark mind fuck read.....and it's way more than just a man looking for his girlfriend who has disappeared!
this is a kind of book that you can't say anything about in order not give any of the plot away, it's better to go in blind to have all your senses challenged and provoked!!

This story totally captivated and consumed me from the first page.....i couldn't stop thinking about it during and after reading it,it even
Olga
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mind-f-ck
"Love hurts. Obsession kills."

Once an accomplished detective and a loving husband, today Joe McNeil is drowning his sorrows while trying to solve a case long forgotten by everyone else. He is tormented by the past and unable to let go.

It’s been a year since his beloved Kit disappeared. Even though all the evidence suggest otherwise, Joe refuses to believe in her death. He knows she is still alive. He knows she is waiting for him to save her. His relentless search for the truth jeopardizes hi
Beth
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow how do you review this cluster-fcuk? I'll review it with something that kept coming into my head while reading this book

How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core where I’ve become so numb
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
Before I come undone
(Sa
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
One of those books which everyone liked but Me!

Yin and Yang my ass.
For me, Yin and Yang have to be together at the end to make it a happy ending.Not apart and claiming love.
Ranting:(view spoiler)

All that explaining of what really happened was very uns
Andrea **the ChaPPy CHiCKeN**
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

My brain needs to reboot after that one...
Raquel
3.5

Whew! What a crazy and exhausting ride!

This story centers around detective Joe McNeil and his obsession to find his missing girlfriend as he tries to solve a murder mystery. Don't think there isn’t much else that can be said about the plot without giving much away.

This was a suspenseful story that for the majority of the book I wasn’t really sure what was going on. What was real and what was not. It was confusing and frustrating at times. Just when I thought something was being given away,
Angel Gelique
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book about a law enforcement officer whose life has been on a downward spiral for nearly a full year after the love of his life mysteriously vanishes. Despite everyone's insistence to the contrary, Joe McNeil knows in his heart that his lover, Kit, is still alive somewhere and waiting to be found. Then he meets Nell, a young, frail woman believed to be dead at a horrific crime scene. McNeil rescues her and soon learns that she is the key to not only finding the woma ...more
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Candice Gilbert Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
OHHHHHH-TTAYYYY...where oh where to being ???

Definitely a
descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

This story had so many twists I felt like this most of the time
description

I felt like I was on a JJ Abrams ride.

Confusion rang forth...
description

This story was spooky scary...
description

I seriously had NO fucking idea what the hell was going on most of the story...but then the last 10% of the book.....OHHH MYYYY FFFUUCCKK!!!!

B.A. Morton is Da... description

The story is exceptional - I felt like I was in a movie...details were so graphically on point you felt like you were there.
T.D.
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Bedlam is a gripping story of love, obsession and betrayal. It is beautifully written with descriptive prose that give you a rich vision of the scenes. This description is not heavy handed though and much of the time, Morton gives the reader only a taste of what is happening, allowing the reader to use their own imagination to fill in the blanks. I thoroughly enjoy this kind of writing as I hate to be spoon fed.

The main character, McNeil, is an intriguing one. His love for his missing girlfriend
Didi
3.5 STARS

Very suspenseful, dark and at times confusing. It was good for the most part but I wasn’t happy with the ending... I figured it would end differently with what was shared in the last few chapters.
Valerie Sparkle
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first thing I did after reading this book was read it again. From the very first paragraph I was certain I would like this book.

Fear is subjective. I know this to be true. In my time I have faced them all. The scuttling arachnid, the hissing serpent, even the scaring heat of the pyre has left me unbowed. But, when I stand toe-to-toe with the wide open space, the plummeting depths, the void at the edge of my world, the panoramic vista draws me, seduces me, entices me to take that final step
Jane
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bedlam is a book I had to have two goes at reading. The first time, I put it down after the first chapter. I had just finished an extremely harrowing story and couldn’t face more blood, death and spooks.
The second time, feeling stronger, I let it grip me in its nasty talons and read it through to the end. This is a strange story, a nightmare of a story where reality and illusion are blurred. Everything about it is blurred, the landscapes hidden under snow, the half-drunk perceptions of McNeill t
Serena

And in the end:

photo tumblr_mk51optAus1s55ua3o2_250_zps262c1b23.gif

Darren Sant
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bedlam held me in thrall from the very first line. The prose was deliciously descriptive, without being overdone. At times Morton's descriptive prowess gave a magical fairy tale feel to the story, yet Bedlam is a dark story. It creeps up on you, and pulls you in.

Joe McNeil's life is on the rocks. He's one drink away from being an alcoholic. The love of his life, Kit, has disappeared, nearly a year ago and under mysterious circumstances. His colleagues in the police believe she is dead, but Joe c
Fiona
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure that I was going to stick with this book but I'm glad I did. It's quite confusing at times, you don't know what is real and what isn't, but from about halfway through I began to understand some of what was going on and for me that made it far more compelling.
It is a very well written book and Joey is a very attractive character, albeit very flawed. I really was cheering him on and hoping that there would be a happy ending.
This is a dark, gripping, psychological thriller which play
Jackie Roche
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Helen at TBC and the author for giving me the opportunity to read this book which I voluntarily reviewed.
This book has got a bit of everything. It's a tale of lost love, obsession and mystery.
I immediately felt sorry for Joe whose life has been destroyed by the disappearance of his lover. He won't accept the police's opinion that she's dead.
The author keeps the suspense going throughout the book, with plenty of twists and turns.
It's hard to say too much about the story with
Susan Angela Wallace
Bedlam By B A Morton is a mystery and thriller read.
Joe loves Kit. Everyone thinks she’s dead. Joe knows she’s not.
If you lost the love of your life, how far would you go to get them back?
Detective Joe McNeil would do absolutely anything.
Absolutely fantastic read with brilliant characters. Loved the story and the characters. Couldn't put it down. Highly recommended. 5*. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book from tbc on fb.
Nerdie
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, horror, read-in-2014
Wow....this book screws with your mind. I still don't know what's real or imagined....I hope the author can get this book into publication again, it definitely deserves it!

4 out of 5 stars! ^_^
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Paranormal and Ho...: R2R Bedlam by B A Morton 1 23 Mar 14, 2014 09:25AM
Goodreads Librari...: Help needed to combine 8 36 Mar 10, 2014 12:13PM
  • Hillary: Tail of the Dog (Hillary, #1)
  • Pushed (Held, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 4 "Poisoned" (My Masters' Nightmare, #4)
  • Chosen
  • Mygale
  • Messy and Shattered (Abduct, #1)
  • Hope Restrained (The Estate, #2)
  • The Sordid Promise (Breaking Insanity, #1)
  • Capture (The Flesh Cartel #1)
  • The Goodbye Man (Red Market, #1)
  • Crazy