Start by marking “The Shadow’s Heart (The Risen Sun #3)” as Want to Read:
The Shadow’s Heart (The Risen Sun #3)

The Shadow’s Heart

(The Risen Sun #3)

In the aftermath of civil war, Queen Laela must do whatever it takes to maintain control of her kingdom. With Arenadd gone and her own griffin partner Oeka lost to magic, Laela joins forces with the dark griffin Skandar to secure her hold on the throne and attempt peace between the North and South. But Saeddryn’s son Caedmon is still determined to claim the throne himself ...more
Published January 1st 2014 by HarperVoyager

To ask other readers questions about The Shadow’s Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadow’s Heart

Start your review of The Shadow’s Heart (The Risen Sun #3)
J.F.R. Coates
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
For the most part, probably the most enjoyable of the series so far, though I did find the ending tapered off a little from the excitement earlier on in the book.
Kullervo remains my favourite character so far, and the one with the most depth and complexity (though sadly a lot of his growth appeared 'off-screen', as it were.) I feel Heath was underused and did not fulfil the potential the character had.
All up though, a reasonably enjoyable read.
Shaheen
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-not-on-shelf
The exciting conclusion to The Risen Sun combines themes of redemption of karma into a riveting book full of action, tragedy, and displaced loyalties. The Shadow's Heart rounds out the story which began five books ago with The Dark Griffin and won't fail to enchant readers anew.

Laela, Queen of the Northerners, is struggling with the demands of rulership. She's quite independent and stubborn, but the darkness that is her father's legacy weighs heavily on her. She becomes increasingly callous and
Gina
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Alright, the series was wonderful. The first book of the series was my favorite and Laela was my favorite too. I hated that throughout the second and third book I couldn't figure out if she was still the same person I fell in love with in the first book or if she had been replaced by a body double or something. The pace was a little slow and didn't really lead to any climax and kinda left me confused. But it was a good trilogy and I'm honestly sad to see it end.
*WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS*
The ending
Laura Lea
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I sincerely enjoyed this series The Risen Sun. Does anyone know if she plans to write more from this series. I would love to read about Kraego and Red.
Polly
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The circle closed. The ending was tragic and joyous.
Molly
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Lawrence
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
++++
2:49pm
Godsclaws
Mar 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Oh wow, this book was bad! I really enjoyed the first trilogy but the second one just got worse and worse ending with this horrible book. It was so incredible boring, with the same trivial petty fighting going on (Kill the South! No kill the North!). No major advancement in the story line and queen Laela, one of the central characters was extremely selfish, dumb, petty and unlikable. It all ended completely pointlessly anyway, whether you liked the main characters or not. Characters we did like ...more
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. This entry is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

To be safe, I won't be recording my thoughts (if I choose to) here until after the AA are over.
Gilda
Kathy
Jan 29, 2019
Mar 15, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Golden Door (The Three Doors Trilogy, #1)
  • The Umbrella Conspiracy (Resident Evil, #1)
  • The Silver Door (The Three Doors Trilogy, #2)
  • Craving (Steel Brothers Saga, #1)
  • The 8-week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme your Body
  • Healing PCOS
  • The Baby Bible: A guide to taking care of your bump, your baby and yourself
  • The Wicked (Something Red, #2)
  • Something Red (Something Red, #1)
  • Throne of Darkness (Something Red, #3)
  • Rot & Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1)
  • Deception (Dark Matter, #2)
  • Apocalypse Cow (Apocalypse Cow, #1)
  • World War Moo (Apocalypse Cow, #2)
  • The Automatic Detective
  • Helen and Troy's Epic Road Quest
  • In the Company of Ogres
  • Gil's All Fright Diner
K.J.Taylor was born in Australia in 1986 and plans to stay alive for as long as possible. She went to Radford College and achieved a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications at the University of Canberra, where she is currently studying for a Master’s Degree in Information Studies.

She published her first work, The Land of Bad Fantasy through Scholastic when she was just 18, and went on to publish The D

The Risen Sun (3 books)
  • The Shadow's Heir (The Risen Sun, #1)
  • The Shadowed Throne (The Risen Sun, #2)