Start by marking “A Taste For Blood (The Godhunter, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Taste For Blood (The Godhunter, #6)

A Taste For Blood

(The Godhunter #6)

Book Six in the Godhunter Series:
Vervain Lavine has been through Hell. Two Hells actually, one of which has banned her from ever returning. Despite all that, things are going pretty well for the Godhunter. At least they were until she turned on the news.
Crops across America are dying, children in Hawaii are missing, and havoc is being wrecked upon her nightclub, Moonshine.
Kindle Edition, 1, 396 pages
Published August 21st 2013 by Amazon Digital (first published August 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Taste For Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste For Blood

Megan
Feb 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
I hated this book... I hated it so freaking much. Like every single word I hated. I hate the dragon. I hate what he did. I hate that she forgave him. I hate that it was fine because “that’s just how faeries think”. Bitch no. I honestly don’t think I can go on with this series now that the dragon is apart of her men. I think it’s time for me to say goodbye to Vervain and the boys. Krill is the only one I’ll miss though.
Yasmin
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
(view spoiler)

Really good series though.
Tiblu
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
I love this series,but enough to w/the raping Please!!!

I love,love,love this series !! And I. Thrilled to a) discovered it and b) to discovered it soo late where there are 18 books to read and catch up w/ it's like a book lovers dream come true to find not only a series to enjoy but such a l o n g one at that. One you enjoy soo much your already a bit sad knowing you ONLY have 11 more to go ;) at least at this present time... But al, that said ENOUGH!!! ENOUGH!!! ENOUGH PLEASE w/the raping and
Autumn Miller ~ autumnbookreads
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
4.25 Stars
MAJOR SPOILERS THROUGHOUT:
I really liked this installment in The Godhunter series. It was fast paced, filled with action, and constantly had my attention. Some old characters were brought back and we were introduced to some new ones as well.
I love this series because it combines so many different fairy tales and stories and combines them together. There is mythology, werewolves, vampires, and even angels were added in during the last book. When Azrael came on the page, I was overjo
Matilde Damkier
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Anoter book, another man.

In all honesty, we're getting to a point in this series where there's barely even a point to writing these reviews; we all know what we're in for.
People love Vervain, people hate Vervain.
We begin with 10% recapping, then move on to some relationship drama, introduce the new villain out to kill Vervain and then about 40% in we meet the new stud, who - of course - doesn't love Vervain, but wants to enact some sort of rapey plot against her, and then instead end up falling
T.
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
While the Godhhunter series can be viewed as a fun romp with great characters, Sumida has managed to sustain a multi-book, complex, over-arching storyline by binding seemingly unrelated plot threads laid in prior novels to constantly surprise this reader every time she manages to pull a myth-twist. I love the stories and am glutting myself on these books...although I dislike the non-consensual sex aspects (also experienced during prior novels with Anubis, and in some respects, Blue, during dream ...more
~JustMel~
What A Ride!

Honestly I didn't expect any different from Amy Sumida. This had some of everything. Sexy times, romance, action, even some comedy. I thoroughly enjoyed it... even though I had to put it down for a bit. Some parts of this book were quite disturbing, so be sure that you can handle disturbing scenes before you read this one. Overall, an excellent read as expected.
Galina Sulaiman
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
God hunter 6

Vervain and her band of men are back! This time there are gruesome child murders to look into as well as drought. Add a trip to the land of fairy and you get a whole new male and race to this mix. Will this break her? Or make her stronger? I love how the author is able to mix all kinds of myths into her books. Keeps me coming back for more.
Pearl Powell
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay...then

So,I am a traditionalist who believes in monogamy, so Vervain and her group of lovers doesn't sit well with me.
However the author has successfully created several worlds and many characters that I find fascinating and refreshing.
I am loving this series.
Terri West
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series but sometimes I could really kick Vervain up the Arse! She seems to walk into situations with her eyes shut and to hell with the consequences, having said that I do enjoy her sassy sense of humour.
Tracie
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still hooked

There are things about this one that I didn’t like (more mistreatments of the heroine, easy forgiveness, and multiple spelling and grammar errors) but I enjoyed the book and am off to read the next one.
Calm Your Pits
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More realms!

I like that she learned more about herself but I do not like how it happened. He would have had to do more in my eyes to make up for it but I am glad they are all safe. I am so sad about the God Squad death tho 😭
Leah
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
amazing book
Michelle
This was not the best, but I still enjoyed it.
Kathy Nisbett
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best of the series so far!

This book had so much depth and emotion. I laughed and cried. This is definitely the best book of the series so far
Sara George
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another one bites the dust! Loved it now onto the next.
Toma
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
So far this was the best book in the series. I liked Vervain, could relate to her and actually felt sorry for Arach. Looking forward to their further encounters.
Laurie Hopkins
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Head first into trouble again

Verbs in finds trouble without looking. Between Ares family and stumbling into faire ,Vervain is about to find more than she bargained for.
Summer Peterson
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
All that power

She has all these powers but never uses them. During the battle it feels like she just watched and stands there doing nothing.
Bec
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
JadeShea
In the sixth book of the Godhunter series, Vervain ends up trying out a new power and traveling to a realm she didn't existed. The thing is though something led her there, and something wants her to be there for the creatures that live in this strange realm. However, it may not exactly be as she thinks it is, and it may end up being even worse for her if she doesn't figure out the truth soon.

This was a great addition to this story! I had a love/hate relationship with the "dragon." He frustrated
Kyra Dunst
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series is so complex, filled with humor and dangerous adventures. In this book, Vervain is taken by a fairy king, but this time she doesn't have any memories of her past life. Things are more complicated than normal, but she manages to make friends wherever she goes, and tends to gain their loyalty so that they help her get out of her many scrapes. If you like sassy and snarky heroines, crazy adventures, and gods and goddesses from every pantheon, then you will love this series.
Brandi
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I love reading about Vervain and her adventures. The ups and downs are so intense it keeps me coming back for more. The plot is always a roller coaster. Also the romance is always hot. I definitely recommend this series.
tracey welch
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the new added twisted to this book. again the story line was inventive and extremely unique. I still miss the idea of one really bad guy to root against but these books are so enjoyable and fun that nothing will keep me from continuing the series.
JordanRuth
Great
Raven Anne
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Is it bad that I'm team Blue, Anubis, and the dragon king whose name I can't remember?
Kira
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ru
Great book, love the series. Can read this over and over, it never seems to get old to me.
Lauren Grice
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love The Godhunter series. Vervain is hilarious and I couldn't wait to read the next one everytime. These books were awesome.
Pepper Long
May 04, 2015
Christina
Jan 21, 2017

• An Unhuman Journey (Only Human #2)
  • The Grim (Midnight Squad, #1)
  • Reaper (The Guardian Legacies, #2)
  • Ghost in the Maze (Ghost Exile, #2)
  • Finding Faerie (Pixie Dust Chronicles, #3)
  • Reaper (End of Days, #1)
  • City of the Lost (Chronicles of Arcana #2)
  • Stone Cold Seduction (Set in Stone, #1)
  • The Big Fix (Ciel Halligan, #3)
  • A Cross to Bear (Gabriella Cross, #1)
  • Choices (Forever, #4)
  • Caged by Damnation (Caged, #2)
  • Precursor (The Suoja Guild #1)
  • A Demon's Blade (The Desdemona Chronicles, #1)
  • Just Her Luck
  • Traces of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #4)
  • Rescued by their Wife (Wings of Artemis, #2)
  • The Sowing (Moondreamer Chronicles, #1)
Amy Sumida is the Internationally Acclaimed author of the Award-Winning Godhunter Series, the fantasy paranormal Twilight Court Series, the Beyond the Godhunter Series, the music-oriented paranormal Spellsinger Series, and several short stories. Her books have been translated into several languages, have made it to the top sellers list on Amazon numerous times, and the first book in her Spellsinge ...more

The Godhunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Godhunter (The Godhunter, #1)
  • Of Gods and Wolves (The Godhunter #2)
  • Oathbreaker (The Godhunter, #3)
  • Marked by Death (The Godhunter, #4)
  • Green Tea and Black Death (The Godhunter, #5)
  • The Tainted Web (The Godhunter, #7)
  • Harvest of the Gods (The Godhunter, #8)
  • A Fey Harvest(The Godhunter, #9)
  • Into the Void (The Godhunter, #10)
  • Out of the Darkness (The Godhunter, #11)