Start by marking “Tattoo Thief (Tattoo Thief, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tattoo Thief (Tattoo Thief, #1)

Tattoo Thief

(Tattoo Thief #1)

22-year-old Beryl doesn't know why Gavin Slater trashed his penthouse, abandoned his dog and fled the country. But as his house sitter, she must pick up the pieces for the front man of the white-hot rock band Tattoo Thief.

Published October 8th 2013 by Heidi Joy Tretheway (first published October 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tattoo Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tattoo Thief

Start your review of Tattoo Thief (Tattoo Thief, #1)
Patrycja
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, 2013

"Bad boy can’t break your heart"
"What song’s that from?"
"Nothing. It’s just a good rule to live by"

description

Tattoo Thief was exactly what I needed to read. I was looking for something that could make me grin, swoon and tingle, and thanks to his wonderful book I acomplished it. I had a blast reading this quirky, fast paced book with totally unique rock star romance. I was quickly captivated and couldn’t stop reading till I’ve finished and when I did, I immadiately wished for more. I was captured by this amazingly well writt
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeOrxBbysb_zps0163628c.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (3/20/2015)

BLURB:

When ultra-responsible Beryl confronts the reckless rock star, she wants to know more than just what to do with his mess. Why is he running? What’s he searching for? And is he responsible for the death of his muse?

New York newbie Beryl must find her footing in Gavin’s cra(3/20/2015)
22-year-old
Mallory
4 stars

This book was a surprise! I snagged it for free, so I didn't really know what it was about and wasn't expecting much. But I really enjoyed it.

Beryl has just moved to New York to work for her Uncle Dan's company. She's 21 and needs to get out of her small town and find adventure. She ends up working as a house sitter, and that's how she 'meets' Gavin, a member of the famous band Tattoo Thief. He's run away from his life to find himself after a personal tragedy. The relation
~ Becs ~
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really can’t resist a book blurb when it features a tortured bad boy rocker hero and I jumped at the chance to read and review The Tattoo Thief. Gavin Slater is our bad boy with a troubled past who has completely trashed his apartment and fled overseas on a journey of self-discovery and has hired a house-sitter to take care of the mess that he left behind.

Beryl (Berry as I preferred to think of her - Beryl is an old lady’s name) is the house-sitter left in charge of the clean up. S
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Hmm....this one was promising. I liked the idea of the story. Famous rockstar flees town for some unknown reason....falls in love with the house sitter cleaning up the mess he left behind. It was different. I just don't think the execution was quite there.

Tattoo Thief is a band....FYI! So this was a rockstar-ish book. But not very rockstar-ish IMO. Beryl, the heroine has moved to NY to work for her "uncle" Dan in property management. She's kind of lost....drifting through life, not sure what sh
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Cover: 8/10
Plot: Getting un-stuck and living life to the full.
Writing style: 9/10
Heroine: 9/10
Hero: 8/10
Humour: 6/10
Jealousy: 1/10
Hotness: 3/10
Romance: 8/10
Ending: 9/10
Extra book Details: Continued: Book #2 features spin-off characters as leads. HEA
Overall: 4.5 stars, loved it.

GAVIN

BERYL

BLURB: After Beryl's Father died, she played the responsible parent while her Mother clung to her grief. She grew up fast, stuck to the ruclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
HEA
Overall:9/10
Extra8/10
full.
Writing8/10
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
blog/FB page link : https://www.facebook.com/SLiTsReaD

This is a story about finding oneself, one's muse, forgiveness, making a difference and moving on.

Beryl finally decided to make a difference with her life and moved to New York to work at her uncle Dan's company which takes care of rich people's houses while they are on vacation, basically to : "walk dogs, do errands, take deliveries and get owners organized. Be the ghost, the house-elf, the helper who makes everything just so, welcoming the very wealthy back to homes in perfect
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
3.5 PEN PALIN STARS

BRAVO HEIDI JOY TRETHEWAY

THIS WAS AN EASY BREEZY READ FOR ME!

THE BOOK STARTED OFF A LITTLE SLOW, BUT I ENJOYED WATCHING BERYL AKA BERRY GROW TO BE A WOMAN INSTEAD OF THE GIRL CHILD SHE SEEMED TO BE IN THE 1ST FEW PAGES OF THE BOOK.
SHE MOVES TO NEW YORK AND STARTS A NEW LIFE, BECOMES A MODERN DAY CINDERELLA WITHOUT THE WICKED STEP MOTHER OR STEP SISTERS... LIVES IN A PENTHOUSE OUT OF SHEER LUCK ;)

INSERT GAVIN SLATER.... BROKEN, FAMOUS, DID I MENTION BROKEN? BROKEN IS MY FAV KIND OF MAN!!!

ISTARS
Marci
Feb 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
I just...no. This one did not work for me on so many levels. The only things I really liked were the dogs, and that we find out what happens with Anthony. The writing was ok, I just didn't care for what I was reading...if that makes sense.

Were there instant messaging chats or emails exchanged we weren't privy to? I have no effin clue, and because I do not know, all I can think is that a couple of IM chats and a couple of emails do not a relationship make. I did not believe anything i
Ailene♥
Oct 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
I.Didn't.Like.It.
 photo stewie-family-guy-29896365-500-375_zps44f41251.gif
Jenn
Y'all, I am a sucker for rock star romances. So when this came up for free on Kindle one day, of course I hit download. But sadly, this one just lacked connection.

Beryl Sutton feels stuck in her small town in Oregon. When a chance of a lifetime comes in the shape of a job offer in New York, she jumps at the chance - much to the displeasure of her mother and now ex-boyfriend. When she arrives, it's nothing like she thought it would be (shocked face). And her job is sort of a glorified
C-Money
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided for a honest review.

My Review:

When you look at this cover and read the blurb, what you do think? Hot guy, great title, interesting plot and a rock band. Sign me up please.

When Ali asked if I wanted to read this book and write a review, I jumped at the chance.

In the beginning we meet Beryl or also know as "Berry". She is stuck. I mean like stuck in a life she doesn't want. She wants adventure and excitement. She doesn't have this Oregan. But things are about to change for her. She is about to embark o
Denise Grover Swank
Who doesn't love a romance with a bad boy rocker? After discovering the mess Gavin Slater left behind, Beryl's not so fond of him.

Beryl moves from Oregon to New York City for an adventure with no idea what she's in store for. After her arrangement for sharing her friend's apartment falls through, she finds a temporary home--house sitting the totally trashed apartment of Gavin Slater, the front man for the rock bad Tattoo Thief.

While trying to make arrangements to deal with Gavin's mess, Beryl
Kara
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow! This book was like unwrapping an onion. So many layers!

The opening line hooked me: when failure rubs it's stinky butt in your face, it smells like coffee.

Tretheway wrote a great book. I hope y'all enjoy it.
Jexa
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
The writing wasn't bad but this was just waaaaaaay to sickeningly sweet for my taste. Unrealistically so.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

My first book by this author was a quite remarkable one I have to say. Most of the story felt fresh and real to me - might be because I know some of the places (in oregon) and therfore I could picture things easily. I loved the characters and the plot and I can truely recommend this book. I will have an eye on this author.

═══ PLEASE SUBSCRIBE / LIKE / FOLLOW US ════

Goodreads : https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2...
Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/@jerisbooka...

Paula  Phillips
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever picked up a book and was unsure of which direction it was going to go after reading the first chapter ? That was Tattoo Thief for me. When I got stuck into I was like "Ok, this is a story about someone who knows the in's and outs of celebrity life and will act like an insider source" but then as I got reading I discovered it was something quite different. Before, I write the review I have to admit that to me the guy on the front cover reminds me so much of Alex Pettyfyer.
Tattoo T
All Booked Out
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Received arc for honest review........

6 Stars

Oh i fell for this book hook line and sinker. It had me at hello!!

I was glad the first few pages of Uncle Dan offering the job, Beryl accepting and the move went quickly, as i was beside myself! I wanted her in NY like yesterday!!!

So....Beryl (Berry) is there, all be it, a little bit of a situation, but we won't get into that, the apartment is a right freaking mess! She is pissed, Jasper the dog is kicked out of do/>6
Ginette
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bad-boys
3.5 A good read, not your typical rock star story. I liked the storyline & all the characters in this read. I found it a bit drawn out @ times but every issue had closure. Author definitely brings you into her world, a good story teller.
~ Cariad ~
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-freebie
I really enjoyed that!! It was totally different and had a great flow to the writing.

Definitely have to get the next one one of these days!
Caryn
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOT AGAIN!!

Before my review I want to say how much it aggravates me when the story ends at 84% of the book. Then, to top that off, the next 16% is the first few chapters of the next book in the series. Yes, the first few chapters instead of a short synopsis. Perusing the table of contents for book 2, I see the author has repeated this. More fool me for BUYING the whole series before this discovery.

Having gotten that off my chest I will say that it really wasn't a bad story except i
Kami Dodson-Perry
Beryl finds herself STUCK.

STUCK with her job. STUCK with her 1st and only "predictable" boyfriend, STUCK with her overprotective Mother, STUCK in a humdrum LIFE and she hates it.

When Beryl's Uncle Dan offer's her a job in New York working as an assistant with his Property Management Company with a much larger salary than her current job she jumps at the new adventure. No longer does Beryl want to be SAFE and PREDICTABLE she needs excitement and adventure. Which is exactly
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013, e-arc
*3-1/2 to 3-3/4 Stars*

Tattoo Thief was a very enjoyable read and I look forward to more books in this series following the rockers of this band. I was enchanted with the premise of the book in particular and the different twist on the typical bad boy rocker book. One thing I loved was the fact that the "bad boy," Gavin, was already in touch with his issues before the heroine entered his life. I also liked that the heroine, Beryl, had her own issues, but they were not from an extreme
Anna Banana
3.5 stars!

When I first saw this book, I fell in love. I haven't read a rock star romance in a while and this one sounded really great. A girl who house sits a rock stars home and they fall in love? Color me interested.

"Bad boy can’t break your heart"
"What song’s that from?"
"Nothing. It’s just a good rule to live by"

Beryl always does the right thing. The responsible thing. So when she gets the opportunity to go to New York she decides to try and be more spontaneous and he/>
"Bad ...more
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
I'm torn on how to review this book. On the one hand, I ultimately liked it and would possibly be interested in reading the next in the series. On the other, I feel a little cheated by the content of over half the story. The title and cover of this book are misleading. This story is told in first person from the heroine's point of view and the rock star Gavin has very little involvement, other than some emailing and chatting online, in the first half of the plot arc. She's in his space (house-si ...more
J
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tattoo Thief (the name of a band) starts off a little slow (our heroine is a college grad working at a coffee stand after finding out that her major of journalism did not provide the interest she thought it would). Bored and yearning for some adventure she takes up her deceased dad's best friend's offer to work for him in NYC for his property management firm.

Now, the book picks up as our heroine gets introduced to the world of the big city. Her living arrangements fall through and sh
Ruth
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Heather in FL
I like plucky heroines, and I feel like Beryl is one of those heroines who gets knocked down but works it out and ends up on top. If I'm honest, this is probably closer to 3-1/2 stars, but it was entertaining. I liked how she somehow innately understood what the people who hired her company needed. Sure, she did some snooping to figure it out, but it's not like they knew she was snooping. :-) Even though it was kinda painful to read, I liked how she pushed Gavin on what was holding him back and ...more
Miranda Elaine
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I got Tattoo Thief I expected the usual fast paced love em hard kind of book. I was very surprised to find myself reading more of a coming of age slow build romance. This book had allot more depth in it than I ever expected.

When Beryl decides she need a change and leaves her small town life for New York she never expected she would be cleaning up the huge mess that rocker Gavin left behind when he rushed from the States. If his apartment was any indication of his personality she
Pammy
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wanna start by saying of your a modern day romantic- THIS BOOK IS FOR U!!!

I want me a Gavin & some email/ skype sessions please... No? He belongs in this book with B? Fine then ill settle for my real life alpha male- boo! Hehehe!!

FAV QUOTES:::

“Sangria's a saucy bitch. Champagne’s an evil temptress. They had me in a three-way and I might be scarred for life.”

“Newton's third law says for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.' An
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Rock Me Hard (The Rock Star's Seduction, #1)
  • Texas Roots (The Gallaghers of Sweetgrass Springs #1)
  • Ivan (Her Russian Protector, #1)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Blindsided
  • The Play Book (Damaged #1)
  • Depravity (King University, #1)
  • Broken Hart (The Hart Family, #1)
  • KADE: A Second Chance Rockstar Romance
  • Missing from Me (Sixth Street Bands, #3)
  • Stolen (Unlikely Heroes #1)
  • Bear's Forever
  • Blindsided
  • Only for You (Forever and Always, #1)
  • Resisting The Biker (The Biker, #1)
  • The Sweetest Mistake (Baby Surprises, #1)
  • Sexy in Stilettos (In Stilettos, #1)
  • Beautiful Entourage (Beautiful Entourage, #1)
Heidi Joy Tretheway is a sucker for campfires, craft cocktails, and steamy romance in books and real life. She sings along with musicals (badly), craves French carbs, and buys plane tickets the way some women buy shoes.

Her first career as a journalist took Heidi behind the scenes with politicians, rock stars, and chefs, all of whom inspire her stories. She writes whip-smart characters

Tattoo Thief (4 books)
  • Tyler & Stella (Tattoo Thief, #2)
  • Revenge Bound (Tattoo Thief, #3)
  • Say it Louder (Tattoo Thief, #4)
“change. Roll with it.” 0 likes
“my own name. Do you know what Queen Elizabeth wrote after 9/11? “Grief is the price we pay for love.” 0 likes