Start by marking “Double Star” as Want to Read:

Double Star

When Cepheus, a dark god, forces seventeen-year-old Ally Ashworth off an isolated overlook, she has no idea she's falling into his world, or that the necklace she's wearing is actually a key--one with the power to ignite the next world war. But she's carried beyond his reach and into the one place where he's powerless... the forest of Gilgamesh.

Ally's never been Miss Popul
Published June 20th 2013 by Clean Teen Publishing (first published October 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Double Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Star

Paddy O'callaghan
Saunders' Tome is simply terrifc. The beautiful cover drew me to check it out, just so I could get a closer look at it. I was not disapppointed, and, have xhecked out what it was all about, I decided to purchase and read. How serendipitous was I? Immensely, this is normally not the kind of thing that I'd read, but I've not regrets whatsoever, It was absolutely great. Thanks Ms Saunders; please write some more books.
Rachel
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, read-for-reiews
Review-

***The author sent me this book in exchange for an honest review. The author in no way influenced this review.***

Describe this book in one sentence- Real world meets parallel fantasy universe in an epic battle of light and dark forces.

Rating- PG to PG-13

Why this rating?- Violence, destruction, mild kissing, and some language (Seven words).

For ages- 12-35

Recommended to- Fans of Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore (Graceling), Fairest by Gail Carson Levine (Fairest), Dragon Slippers Box Set by Jessica Day George (Dragon Slippers), and Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine(Ella Enchanted).

Stars- Three and one half out of Five.

Wh
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
I was basically hooked from the first chapter. We're in the middle of Ally's nightmare and things aren't necessarily going according to plan. When she wakes up, reality sets in. She's basically a normal teenager getting ready to start college. I guess you could say that this is more of a NA book then YA because of that. The story continues on as Ally is thrown (literally) into a parallel world where we meet the tall, dark, and handsome Liam.

Just as in the beginning of Ally's story, I was complet
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
What happens when you fall off a cliff and wake up to 3 strangers? You ask to use their phone so you can call your mother, of course. But the strange looks Ally receives is anything but reassuring. The last thing you want to hear is “Phone??” Where the heck is she?

Let me start off by saying that I actually almost put this book down. The author had warned me it might be something that I am not used to reading. But I have read something similar and I actually ended up really engrossed in the story
Jon Messenger
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cindy Saunders created an incredible fantasy world within Double Star, one that I found myself completely engrossed in to the point that I read the entire book in one day.

Ally is transported from modern America to the Forest of Gilgamesh, where special young men bear the physical and personality traits of the animals spirits they harbor. These Shanyo escort Ally on the first leg of what quickly becomes a very dangerous journey.

The author does a remarkable job in character development throughout
Ginny  Gallagher
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Original review posted on Gin's Book Notes (http://ginsbooknotes.com)

I picked up Double Star when it was on a free promotion sale but I can honestly say I would have gladly paid $2.99 for it. It is a book that once I started reading it I didn’t look up from until the end and was startled to find that the rest of the world hadn’t slipped away into the pages of Double Star with me.

The world building is fantastic, the characters are well developed, and the story is just wonderful. Cindy’s writing a
Radeyah H.  Ali
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cindy Saunders creates a world parallel to ours in which the oddities of our existence is highlighted.

Ally's world is turned upside down when she finds out she is a long long way from home where the people have never even heard of a phone! How will she get back to her mother on earth, the only family she has left when there are no such things as buses, far less for planes where she is? On her journey she has met a quaint little family and what she experiences far surpasses her expectations.

Sau
Angel
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cindy Saunders debut novel is nothing short of amazing.
Double Star has the perfect balance of fantasy, magic, romance, and humor. Cindy beautifully revealed the strength and vulnerability of each of the main characters that allowed readers to develop a really wonderful relationship with each of them.

This is a delightful adventure that is sure to keep the reader entertained , and one that I would recommend to anyone. Now bring on the next book please!

Received from Goodreads First Reads.
Crystal
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author did a wonderful job on this book.

Very magical and just made me get lost in the story. I was wanting to take my time and also wanting to rush thorugh it so I would find out how the story ended. I wasn't disappointed. When I read stories like this it makes me believe in anything. Makes me wish I could go back and be a child again and to feel the magic of all things and believe in the ones I don't believe anymore.

Thank you for writng such a wonderful book.
Sally Hannoush
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would love to read the next book. This is a YA "good clean fun" fantasy world. The writing brought wonderful images into my mind of the alternate world.
a_tiffyfit
Haven't we all wished that we were somewhere else, a whole other world when we were young? How nice and wonderful it would be if there were other worlds like ours but better? Although Ally hadn't wished for it, that is exactly what has happened to her. But of course there is more to the event than it appears! In that other world is where Ally discovers herself and more. Much, much more!

Although her desperate goal is to return home to her mom and her friends and to the world with which she is fam
Meredith
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars

Double Star is an exciting read, set in a beautiful world, with amazing characters that you can’t help but fall in love with. First off, I want to live in Gilgamesh. The descriptions are stunning and the magic is mesmerizing. The scene with Ally and Liam at the lake is so well done and completely draws you into to this place where it’s as if time has slowed down. The friendship between Liam, Corm, Oisin, and Shane is something we all probably long for.

Ally is a great main character. Sh
CrazyBookworm99
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ctp-books, beta-read
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review! :)

Ally Ashworth is a typical teenager until she falls off a cliff and wakes up in a parallel universe to 3 strangers who don’t know what a phone is. How will she find her way back to her mother and best friend? Her journey is full of excitement, loss, love and New allies. I got lost in the world that Cindy created. It was rather easy to get into and I found that the author created such likeable characters that you could really fe
Amanda Masters
I really enjoyed this book! the characters were awesome and the storyline was so adventurous and unique. I have never read another quite like it and I quite enjoyed the sense of danger, intrigue, and fascination that this story invoked.

When 16 year old Ally gets lost in a world not her own she is sure that things couldn't get much worse. Rescued by the handsome but bad tempered Liam and his strange friends Ally is sure that they must have some screws loose somewhere as no one has even herd of a
Tiffany Riach
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Double Star is amazing!! This book pulled me into its world and I did not stop reading until I finished reading and was left wanting more.

Ally is thrown from our world into an alternate universe that is nothing like our own. She is found in the forest by Liam, Corm and Meg and soon finds out that she is nowhere near home, has no idea how she is going to get back and that she has a lot to learn about the forest she ended up in and some of the people that live there.

Once they find out where Ally
Karen
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book at a blog giveaway and cleanteenpublishing immediately sent me the book in the format I wanted,and I will get the bookmark soon(I will upload a picture over as soon as I get it)
Wow!I am speechless,this book is like nothing I every read before.
what I loved about this book:
The main character's love interest: was so sweet :D ,although at first he seemed like a cold heart guy,I soon discovered the reason, and found him different from the cocky guys you usually get in yount adult boo
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Double Star started out really slow for me. Fortunately it picked up as the story went on and I found myself enjoying it more and more. By the end, I was into it enough that I was miffed at how it abruptly ended.

As far as characters go, my favorites were the ones that actually had less face time in the book. I loved Grandma and I wish she would have been a bigger part of things. I loved the people Ally and Liam's group of friends encounter as they begin their journey. The little burned
Kristin Scearce
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

Ally's on her way to an interview that will change her life. Little does she know, her life's about to turn upside-down, and not in a way she ever expected.

Double Star is a wonderful book, published by an up-and-coming company that rates its books so readers are prepared for what lies within the pages. I'm incredibly glad I got to read it, as I think it's a perfect example of a story that everyone could, and probably should, read
Linda
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ally Ashworth had overslept, it was a crucial day in her life, a day of if she could get a scholarship with Northern Arizona University for Performing Arts or if she was doomed for humongeous student loans. As she traveled to her interview, she followed its directions to the letter, but she ended up at a pull over cliff sight in Sedona! This couldn't be right but she needed to stretch her legs any and as she looked out over the cliff railing, she thought how her deceased dad would have love look ...more
Claire Taylor
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cindy Saunders

Within the first few chapters, I became completely hooked by this story. It’s very unique and the scene setting is in such detail that it allowed me to feel like I was right in the middle of it all. Ally and Liam have such a connection, which is easy to see from the start, and it was great seeing it develop slowly as the story unfolded. It’s well written with great character development and isn’t rushed, the story slowly becomes clear and by the end of it all I wanted
Marsha Graham
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought I'd give this YA book a try and found it to be a delightful quest and buddy journey with sweet and clean teen longing (romance) as well as thrills and chills along the quest. Enjoyable for an adult, and it would also be fascinating for a YA who enjoyed Harry Potter or other magical sorts of questing.
Rain Jude
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
I enjoyed reading this book. It is a quick read with an interesting story line. Another book is to follow. I look forward to the sequel's release. I would recommend this book to others, especially teens and young adult readers.
Received this book as a Goodreads First Reads.
J.P. McLean
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Saunders starts off beautifully, immediately dropping readers into the mystery. Ally and Liam are likeable characters whose adventures have only just begun. This is a smooth, adventurous YA romp, sure to be followed up with other titles.
Isobel
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thought this was a really original concept - well written YA fantasy. I'm interested in this genre, it was nice to read something that felt different to the other books. Want to know what happens next which is always a good sign!
Elizabeth Otvos
Double Star was a great surprise! I am always looking for books that I will enjoy and can pass on to my kids. This book definitely fit the bill. My kids both wanted to read the next book, but alas it was not out yet. Hope to read the next one soon.
Selina delgado
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Got this as a first reads and I liked the idea of being shape shifters not like your typical vampires or immortals that every book seems to have all-in-all I liked this book, glad I won the contest
Emily
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ya
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Pretty interesting ya read. I enjoyed the shapeshifting aspect, and all the other paranormal elements.

Very clean ya read.
Melissa
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Destiny, light romance, and adventure

A satisfying tale of another world where myth and legend are real. Enjoyed The journey although some characters could have been developed more and some things about the storyline could have been better explained such as: Alley's necklace and its importance. So if you like adventure in other worlds than this book is for you.
Jenn
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

I was originally going to DNF this because I was bored at first. I mean it’s not the best but it did get a little better. The proper speaking irritated me at first but then I started to appreciate that was one of the ways you can tell the difference of where the story takes place.

I like how Ally is kinda tied to Liam’s world. Liam’s world is a cool one. Everyone is different on things they can do and I wished I could do it too!

I liked the sweet moments between Liam and Ally. Of course i
~ Rose ~ ☯Desert Rose❀
My Review
4 Roses

Double Star honestly really surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. I was expecting a good story, but not necessarily one I would love. That's exactly what I got though- a story I fell in love with.

Ally is a fun character to follow. She is feisty, witty, and has a charismatic personality. You really get pulled into her adventure, following her as she works through the new reality she finds herself in. The idea of falling into another world is usually always interesting, and I love the world Cin
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Giveaway Dates 5 181 Jan 09, 2013 04:35PM
  • Hearts of Stone (Dracula, #1)
  • Morning Stars (The Noctivagas Chronicle, #2)
  • Nandana's Mark (Queen of the Realm of Faerie, #1)
  • Princess of Light (Heirs of a Broken Land Series, #1)
  • Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)
  • Gemini of Emreiana (Gemini, #1)
  • Atlantis Quest (Atlantis Rising, #2)
  • Prophecy Girl
  • The Mark of Cain (The Cain Chronicles #1)
  • Fire & Ice (Book of Shadows, #1)
  • Into the Dark, Vol. 1 (Into the Dark, #1)
  • Dark Night of the Soul
  • The Labyrinth Wall
  • Godspeed
  • Wonderstruck
  • Concealed in the Shadows (Concealed in the Shadows, #1)
  • Memory's Wake (Memory's Wake Trilogy, #1)
  • Alloria (Labyrinth of labyrinths, #1)
Double Star is the first novel by Cindy Saunders. She graduated from Bryant College with a BS in Accounting and lives with her family in Exeter, RI.