Start by marking “Cobweb Empire (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cobweb Empire (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, #2)

Cobweb Empire (Cobweb Bride Trilogy #2)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  574 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
In a world where no one can die, she alone can kill...

Cobweb Empire (Cobweb Bride Trilogy #2) is the second book of the intricate epic fantasy flavored by Renaissance history and the romantic myth of Persephone, about death's ultimatum to the world.

Now that she's Death's Champion, what will Percy do?

In a world where all death and dying has ceased, and only one person can
Hardcover, First Edition, 386 pages
Published September 25th 2013 by Norilana Books

To ask other readers questions about Cobweb Empire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cobweb Empire

Chie
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-review
After reading this..saying that I'm excited for the third book will be a huge understatement because I'm freaking dying to read it!!!

The ending is no cliffhanger but the story keeps on getting awesomer(lol is this even a word? :P)

So anyways.. COBWEB EMPIRE did and totally hit my expectations..no actually it exceeded my EXPECTATIONS and that is saying a lot..I love how it continues to surprise me, the author never fails to leave me in awe.

I wanted everyone to read this ..and know this awesome fee
Katy
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those interested in Persephone/Demester, alternate history
Recommended to Katy by: Vera
Shelves: ebook
Book Info: Genre: Pseudo-historical Fantasy
Reading Level: Upper Young Adult
Recommended for: those interested in Persephone/Demeter mythology, alternate history, well-told fantasy stories
Trigger Warnings: murder, suicide, war

My Thoughts: This is the continuation of the Cobweb Bride trilogy, the first book of which I read in July. It is a pseudo-historical fantasy set during the Renaissance, although not strictly historically accurate (thus the fantasy aspect). It cleverly recreates the Persephone
Jeanne Johnston
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!

I would have avoided The Cobweb Bride if I'd realized it wasn't a complete story--ignorance I'm now grateful for, because I'm totally invested in the story.

The first book seems deliciously leisurely as it sets up the story. This second installment just drops you right in the middle if the action and doesn't mess around. I was glad there wasn't much laboring over bringing new readers up to speed, but I have to wonder about those who stumble into it without realizing they need
Karissa
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it

This is the second book in the Cobweb Bride trilogy. The final book in the series, The Cobweb Forest, has already been released. I enjoyed this book a lot, I love some of the characters and ideas in this story. The descriptions are lush and detailed as well.

The girls that went to Death’s Keep to determine if they were the Cobweb Bride are returning home. Percy journeys with them and finds out that she has been granted the power to grant true death and is now Death’s Champion. She is meet with a
Susana
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2013

Taking place soon after the events of Cobweb Bride, this volume is once again a magnificent tribute to the art of fine writing, showcasing the author's unparalleled imagination.

Taking place on a grander scale that the one presented in Cobweb Bride, its characters are drawn in such a whimsical and rich way, that can only add more colour to the rich environment in which the story takes place.

In a mixture of occidental with oriental, with frontiers blurred and later on simply gone without a trace,
Alyssa
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cobweb Empire picks up where Cobweb Bride ended. Percy's new role as Death's Champion has allowed her to put her grandmother to rest, and in a world where Death no longer claims mortals, Percy's gift can be seen as either a blessing or a curse.

Percy's reunion with her family and her hometown is short-lived, however, as she must continue on with her journey to find the Cobweb Bride so that she can restore order to the land. All Percy knows is that the Cobweb Bride resides in the south, and this i
Kris
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
What to say about the second installment of Cobweb Bride that hasn't already been mentioned in other reviews?

It is a good, solid read that picks up right where the first book left off. But what is great about this book - as all of Ms. Nazarian's books that I've read - is her propensity to surprise the reader with great plot-twists, wit, charm, and beautifully verbose language (or is that just me that is always happily surprised?). I am never quite sure where the story will take me and though I m
Susan
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
The first book drew me in and this book has kept the promise the first one made. Fantastical. Can't wait to start number three!
Isa Lavinia

WIN AN EBOOK COPY OF COBWEB EMPIRE (see end of post)

Do you ever regret giving 5 stars to the first book of a series, not because it doesn't deserve it, but because the second book is even better and you have no way to make the rating reflect that?

Because that's the case here.

I absolutely LOVED Cobweb Bride, I think I ended up making myself somewhat of a nuisance and recommending it to my entire friends' list on Goodreads because I couldn't bear the thought that someone somewhere was not, as I w
Melissa
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying that I was going to rate this 3 stars until the ending sentence. I did like this book, though. Like the first one, I was slightly disconnected by the mentions of places like Spain and outlying European nations in a history altered land, but not as much in this book as the second. The reference to "Spaniard" or "French" styles, though, didn't bother me, because reading it in third person, I can relate to those things.

I felt pretty confident that I liked the first book more
Leslie
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: If you like a retelling of fairy tales or mythologies; If you enjoyed the first book.
Cobweb Empire picked up where the first book, Cobweb Bride, left off. I am not just talking story-wise, but also in its ability to enchant and ensnare me in its story. This was a wonderful follow up to the first book. It maintained its fantastical nature, while providing a different tone from the first book.

What I enjoy most about this book (and series) is the beautiful writing style of Nazarian. Her writing gives a feel of wonder and magic, complementing the tone of the book perfectly. The way
Icy Sedgwick
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Back in October I reviewed Vera Nazarian's Cobweb Bride, the first in a trilogy set in an imaginary pocket of Europe during the Renaissance. I absolutely loved book one, awarding it four blunt pencils, and managed to get my mitts on Cobweb Empire, its follow-up. I've had book two on my Kindle for some time, but I'll admit, the release of the final book, Cobweb Forest, gave me the kick up the bum that I needed to read it.

As with book one, Cobweb Empire tells the story of Percy Ayren, the ordinary
♥ Unaeve ♥

Imagine a world where no one is dying.Yay that's a great idea - you would say at first.But think about it.It's not just that you would become immortal or that your loved ones would never have to depart from you.Think about the sick, think about the old people already on there dying bed...
They wouldn't just jump up, become healed,healthy and young again. No,they would be sentenced to endless suffering with no sleep or rest.Nothing can die.Not the old,dying grandma,not the assassinated beautiful p
Stephanie
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From the Militant Recommender Book Review Blog:
When I saw there was an indigogo campaign to get "Cobweb Empire" published, I had to kick something in (wish it was more!) and now I have just finished Cobweb Empire and it is epic! Ms. Nazarian is a truly magical writer. We pick up where "Cobweb Bride" ended and Percy, the smart and brave peasant girl, has become (sorry, spoilers for any who haven't read the first book!) Death's Champion and one of her first
Nicole
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One word...LOVED!

I enjoyed the hell out of Cobweb Bride and Cobweb Empire was even better. Aside from a lull a little past the middle of the book, I can't complain. Actually some of my favourite books always have that lull and then a fabulous ending to follow.

Speaking of endings...this one is another cliff hanger and I was definitely surprised by it! Of course, I had it figured out but only a paragraph before it was said!

Percy is a wonderful protagonist because she came into her own very quickl
Jess Brown
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I adore this freshly-twisted Persephone myth; it’s not what you might expect in regards to the original tale. Bits and pieces come out at unexpected times and in unexpected ways, but you don’t need to know the original myth to enjoy this.

The story is set in an alternate universe Renaissance-era country in Europe. There’s a lot of rich detail here and I lost myself in this world for several solid hours. It is, at times, gruesome there, yet there’s a Gothic beauty to it. It’s not without romance,
The Un-Martha
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Man, I'm so annoyed it's getting late and I have to work tomorrow because I totally want to dive into Book 3 to find out what happens. But if I start reading now. I will be bleary eyed and totally not functioning in the morning. Gah! This should be an easy decision to go to bed, shouldn't it?

Anyway... So Cobweb Empire. So we got Death's Champion and a dashing knight, crazed zombies, a city in a bubble, and whack job queen that might also have a tidge of witchcraft in her. Oh and some good old G
Genean
The city is set in siege by Hoarfrost and Deaths Champion - Percy is inside. As death has ceased so had the entire food chain. An escape must be made and a journey South to follow the pull of the Cobweb Bride..
What looks simple is simple yet as complex as it gets with this story. It would be important to show here that the author has woven into its fabric some scenes of honour regard and love which is it's most stirring strength in this mission. From the most plain and stoic heroes are wrought.
Terri
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is really more of a 3.5 stars rating (oh Goodreads, why can't I give half stars?!). I inhaled Cobweb Empire; as with Cobweb Bride, this was the rare book as of late that made me drop/neglect everything and just spend an entire day reading. While some of the writing clunkiness found in Cobweb Bride still remains in this book (introducing characters by way of physical description and repetition of things the reader already knows (the way the dead talk, how the dead look and/or move, how chara ...more
Kat W
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was much more enjoyable than the first book and more focused in scope. There was more action, more character development, more mystery, and a little boost to the romance in the story. The writing is solid and the same quality as the first book, but I found the world much more haunting and sad this time. (view spoiler) ...more
Kristen
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm surprised that I liked the second book so much better than the first. I really enjoyed reading it and it read really fast. I struggled in the first book but the second was easy peasy. I attribute this to the pacing was much better and the plot seemed to move and evolve further than the first. There's some really neat developments that I particularly appreciated but they'd be spoilers. I'm looking forward to the third and glad I took a risk in buying the whole trilogy!
thefatflatcat
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gripping book! By far more engaging than the first book of the series (although I don't mean to say that it was bad, just this one was better!). I really loved the entwining of the storylines and am stil again and again blown away by Vera Nazarian's skill to weave such a grand story. I can't wait to pick up the next one and keep recommending this series to many friends! It was a delight to read and hard to put it down.
Anastasia
This was really great. Sequel to Cobweb Bride, it fulfills all the promise of the 1st book. The action picks up right where it left off, and it's a much more ambitious and satisfying book. If you liked or were intrigued by the Cobweb Bride, I highly recommend picking up the sequel.
Helen
I really enjoyed this book. Middle parts of trilogies are difficult because they have to continue the story and set up for the finale book, without being boring. I was never bored in this book and loved the way the characters grew as people. I was glad to see some romantic relationships blossom and some characters learn about themselves and their capabilities.

I'm on my way to search out and download the third part!
Tracey
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
more discovery

The Cobweb Bride was a rich tapestry of mystery and truths revealed. So too is The Cobweb Empire. The Sovereign is a malevolent mixture of Danerys Targaerean and Saruman. Percy and the black night reveal themselves and it's just so yummy. Just when you think you know it all, a mystical twist at the very end will keep you vastly entertained.
Nic
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I think I picked up the first book, Cobweb Bride, because it popped up on one of my free/discount kindle books list, and the cover was pretty. The first book was good, so I got the second, and man, I am in love with these books now. The writing is gorgeous, and I love how mythology is woven in with history. And the ending...GAH. I immediately got the next book!
Jenni
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
So this series grew on me during the 2nd half of the 1st book and this 2nd book has officially sucked me in! The writing style was less....awkward. The storyline, for any fairy tale/mythology lovers, is amazing! If you love a good fairy tale this is the book series for you! I really want to make the illustrations for this book....OH! and this book series is kid friendly!!!
Skye
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The glorious sequel to Cobweb Bride! The plot gets even thicker as Percy travels to find the Cobweb Bride. We are introduced to some fascinating new characters while still keeping track of the original ones.

The author masterfully weaves this complex and absorbing tale filled with intrigue, twists, and cliffhangers. I'm holding my breath until the next book!
Julia
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Back to this trilogy - and while this is the middle of three, it moves the story along perfectly. As beautifully written as the first, and building gradually towards the final volume (and as I bought them both, could continue reading immediately!)
Danielle Louise
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was more engaging than the first book - a bit more action! And the writing was BEAUTIFUL. I kept having to stop and send random sentences to friends, saying, "This sentence is so good!"

(However, I did notice more typos in this book than in the first.)
  • The Queen's Betrayal (Bloodtruth #2)
  • The Call of the Stone (Stonewiser, #2)
  • The Ouroboros Cycle, Book Two: A Cautionary Tale for Young Vampires
  • Shadow's End (Light & Shadow, #3)
  • Toby Streams the Universe
  • Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2)
  • Immortal Becoming (The Enlightened Species, #1)
  • Nomad (Swift, #2)
  • Oracle of Philadelphia (Earthbound Angels, #1)
  • The Escape (Unbounded, #3)
  • Hunted (Frost Station Alpha, Part 1)
  • Shrouded (Princes of the Shroud, #1)
  • The Coming Storm (The Coming Storm, #1)
  • Breakshield
  • Graças e Desgraças da Corte de El-rei Tadinho
  • Redemption (Soul, #1)
  • The Eye of the Beholder (Fairytale Collection #1)
  • Fairy Tales and Ever Afters, Volume One (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #1-3)
Vera Nazarian is a two-time Nebula Award Finalist, award-winning artist, and member of Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, a writer with a penchant for moral fables and stories of intense wonder, true love, and intricacy.

She immigrated to the USA from the former USSR as a kid, sold her first story at the age of 17, and since then has published numerous works in anthologies and magazine
More about Vera Nazarian...

Cobweb Bride Trilogy (3 books)
  • Cobweb Bride (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, #1)
  • Cobweb Forest

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99

“In any case, age is nothing more than the acquisition of Temporal Perspective! Oh, and rheumatism too, I must add.” 3 likes