Start by marking “Love and Cupcakes” as Want to Read:
Love and Cupcakes

Love and Cupcakes

For Jaclyn “Jack” Pace, sensing what sweets people crave is as easy as breathing. But it’s not enough to keep her cupcake bakery in the black.

So, when her estranged sister Harper comes back to town with an affinity for making art out of icing—and a past full of secrets—she reluctantly gives Harper a job and a place to crash.

As their sisterly relationship begins to thaw,
ebook
Published January 21st 2014 by Swoon Romance (first published January 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love and Cupcakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Cupcakes

Stacee
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
4 stars. I love the idea of a person who can sense what people want in flavors and cupcakes are a win-win in my book. Throw in a sort of BFF-to-more situation set in the south and I'm in.

MCs:

Jaclyn: I really liked Jack. She's been in love with Graham pretty much her entire life, but hasn't really done anything about it. She's an every day type of person, aside from her magical ability [which only gets a vague description as to how it all started] and loves cupcakes. Her idea to start a business
Kathleen
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
In her debut novel, Love And Cupcakes, author Susan Bishop Crispell weaves a delightful new adult romantic tale with a subtle magical touch that is oh so sugary sweet!

Set in the small town of Sugar, Georgia, the reader follows childhood friends and business partners Jaclyn "Jack" Pace and Graham Hollingsworth as they struggle to make their cupcake shop successful, while their long-held crush on each other finally heats up and grows into something more delicious!

Jack and Graham have had a crush o
Jessica Figueroa
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Jack and Graham own a cupcake shop and things seem to be going under. Jack's been stressing out lately because shes barely making her quota of sales and the unexpected visit from her sister isnt helping. The longer her sister stays the closer they become finding a common ground in the cupcake business.

Graham doesnt want to be like his father and can't get involved with his best friends sister Jack. She's what he's always wanted but there were things keeping him back. Now he refused to keep hold
Veronica Bartles
Jack (short for Jaclyn) has been in love with her brother's best friend, Graham, since he surprised her with a sweet kiss on her 7th birthday. Graham has had a crush on her for nearly as long.

But they both know that the men in Graham's family can recognize their soul mates the first time they touch, and it's been years. If Graham doesn't know she's his soul mate by now, she's probably not the one. But as they work together every day in the cupcake bakery they own, things begin to heat up. And be
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Friends since grade school Jack and her business partner Graham are heating up the kitchen. Just not in the way the both secretly want. These two are head over heels for each other. Everyone can see it but them.

Okay the down and dirty. This one drags out a bit. They let too many people decided things for them and I felt like shaking the crap out of them and telling them both to GROW UP and grow a pair!

I didn’t get the gift/ability Jack had of sensing what her customers wanted to eat. For some r
Rachel Schieffelbein
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It was just what I was hoping for when I read the description, (and my hopes were high.) However, I kind of feel like perhaps I should wait to write a review because right now I'm kind of feeling like, "What? That's it? But there are more things I want to know!!" So I'm hoping Crispell has another one in the works!
Krysti
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! What a fun and fanciful ride in romance! I've literally read this book several times and have loved it more each one. If you are looking for a book that will leave you smiling and make you believe in a little bit of magic - this is for you!!
Karen Johnson
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely amazing story about, well, it's about Love & Cupcakes... and it's a good read!
Kirke
Jan 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
Jack and Graham have known each other pretty much their entire life. Graham is her brother's best friend and she has had a crush on him since she was six when he kissed her. No childhood sweethearts here though because according to legend, Hollingsworth men will recognise their true love at first touch. Which obviously wasn't Jack.

Because of that legend these two have been pining after each other for ages, knowing they are not meant to be. Which is very hard when you have such strong feelings th
Veronica of V's Reads
This paranormal-ish romance is a charmer. Jack's always had the ability to sense desire from the people around her--and this is a handy skill when working in a cupcakery. It's cute how she smells her customer's jonesing for a peanut butter or a red velvet cupcakes, but it's not easy on poor Jack. If those desires are too great she gets overwhelmed with headaches.

Her partner--master baker Graham Hollingsworth--is a bit of alright. He's been BFF to Jack's older brother Hutton forever. And, he's go
Flirty Reader
Dec 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a hard book for me to review. On one hand, I really enjoyed the premise of this book. A single woman who co-owns a bakery with the man she really is in love with, but who doesn't know it while she's trying to save the shop from going out of business all the while not trying to lose the man she loves. I thought going into the book we would see a push and pull between Jack, the female protagonist, and Graham, the male lead. Which we did, but I felt the characters only spun their wheels and ...more
Sherry
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I thought Love and Cupcakes, by Susan Bishop Crispell, was completely adorable. Jaclyn, aka Jack, can sense what sweets people crave, and as a bakery owner, the skill comes in handy. She started the bakery 2 years ago with her (best) friend Graham, a cupcake master. He’s her older brother’s best friend and the man she’s secretly been in love with practically her entire life. She’s not the only one with secret feelings or “magical powers.” Graham’s been raised to believe that he’ll know
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)

Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. It was sweet (no pun intended), romantic, light.

Jaclyn and Graham own Crumbs, a cupcake shop in their hometown. These two childhood friends are making a name for themselves and trying to figure out their feelings for each other. Jack has a unique ability that helps her run the cupcakery and keep her customers happy. Graham is an excellent baker, loves to keep Jack happy, and can’t remember the first time they touched. That is the key to figu
Michelle
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I'm lucky enough to find a book that makes me smile when I read it, that has definitely been the case with this author.

Her newest book,The Secret Ingredient of Wishes is a must read, and I enjoyed this story too.

Jack (short for Jacklyn) has a magical ability to sense what people want when they come to her cupcake shop. She can sense the flavored they're hungry for.
Graham has a family legend. It may be magic of it may be a myth. The men in his family are said to know they've found their
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I thought this book was ok. There were lots of great premises in the book: cupcakes (yum!), crushes and secrets. There was a fair amount of tension due to the secrets and the crushes, but sometimes I wondered why Jake (Jacyln) was so hard headed. And how did she develop the talent for knowing what people wanted before they ordered? I think there could have been a lot more character development but the story has some promise.
Jessica Fonseca
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVE AND CUPCAKES is a sweet story about falling in love, figuring out your place in the world, and realizing that the hardest part of life is change, whether it’s bad or good. Throw in a dash of magical gifts (Jack has a super sniffer), a long standing family curse (*coughs* Graham *coughs*), and enough family drama to put anyone in therapy, LOVE AND CUPCAKES shows us how to appreciate the sweeter things in life in times of bitter confusion. More at delectablereads.com.
Jen McConnel
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a sweet, charming love story! It's easy to root for Jack and Graham, and this book left me craving cupcakes and more from Crispell.
Marie Cruz
Jan 22, 2018

• The Romeo Club
  • Secondary Characters
  • The Secrets We Keep
  • Tempted (Playing The Edge #1)
  • The Funeral Singer
  • Charm and Consequence (Snark and Circumstance, #2)
  • Heartbreak Ranch (A Very Sexy Romance)
  • One Night (Superstars in Love, #2)
  • Finding Mr. Darcy: High School Edition
  • Love and Other Games (A Very Sexy Short Story Collection)
  • Effortless With You (Effortless With You, #1)
  • Witch Upon a Star
  • Temptation's Heat (The Shadowguard, #1)
  • Complicated By You (Coventon Campus, #1)
  • A Sky Full of Kindness
  • After All
  • Swirl
  • Expelled (Sweet, #0.5)
Susan Bishop Crispell earned a BFA in creative writing from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Born and raised in the mountains of Tennessee, she now lives twenty minutes from the beach in North Carolina with her husband and their literary-named cat. She is the author of The Secret Ingredient of Wishes (2016) and Dreaming in Chocolate, which releases on Feb. 6, 2018. As you might expe ...more