Start by marking “Demon Restrained (The Demonkind Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Demon Restrained (The Demonkind Chronicles #1)

Demon Restrained

(The Demonkind Chronicles #1)

Bas wants out.

Held captive by a crazed Alpha, demon Bastael hates all those he’s come across on the mortal plane. When a damaged werewolf falls into his path, he’s determined to use her and find a way to escape.

Evie wants to be safe.

Abused by her Pack and afraid for her life, Evie hides in the dark corners of the basement. The demon that’s already down there? He’s better t
Published September 3rd 2013

To ask other readers questions about Demon Restrained, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Restrained

Christi Snow
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
full review to come, but Wow...I NEVER expected to like this book as much as I did. Bas is a heart-melting demon! LOVE

My Review:
I know that this is supposed to be Kelly Apple's debut novel, but there's no way. Kelly Apple has to be a cover pseudonym for a writer who's been doing this for thirty books already because this book was amazing. I've been in the middle of editing which usually makes it impossible to read other books because I see all the flaws, BUT I saw only one teeny, tiny flaw in th
Stacy Gail
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at Demon Restrained, and WOW! Am I glad I did. I absolutely ADORED Evie, and Bas is the kind of demon who knows how to be wicked in alllllllll the good ways. The sexytimes between these two was some of the hottest stuff that I've read in a long time, but it wasn't just SEX. The emotion and depth of caring that went into it made the intimacy between the two protagonists genuine acts of love, rather than a basic how-to manual. It was LOVE, y'all. LOVE.

The int
Shirley
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received Demon Restrained in exchange for a fair and honest review.

If you didn’t know better, you wouldn’t be able to guess that Demon Restrained is not only the premier book in this author’s Demonkind Collective series, but it’s also her premier book period. The characters were great, the bad guys were scary, the story was intriguing and the smexy level was off the charts. Yeah, I’d say that Kelly Apple pretty much nailed it.

So, where do I begin? Well, since most of the story was told from
TheGeekyBlogger
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review: Demon Restrained by Kelly Apple
Read for Fun (Kindle)
Overall Rating: 4.50
Story Rating: 4.25
Character Rating: 4.75

First Thought when Finished: Demon Restrained was a brilliantly executed short story! That is coming from a non-fan of short stories :)

Quick Review: Demon Restrained had great action, great characters, and some awesome smexy! Evie was a spectacular leading lady. Usually I am all about the hero but in this case, I truly think Evie was the hero of the story. Overall it was her a
Audrey Grace
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's clear from Kelly Apple's debut novel that she's had a lot of practice writing. The language is crisp, clear, and easy to follow, which is something that sounds much easier to achieve than it really is. Now, I just had to get that out of the way. It really isn't easy to write simple well -- and so many authors drown their narrative with unnecessary, wordy weight. Kelly Apple did not.

As to the story, Demon Restrained is definitely a book I'll be reading again, partly because it's one of the f
Lou
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Review: 5*.

Kelly has written this book really well and it doesn't read as though it's her debut novel. The book tells the romantic and passionate story of Bas; a demon imprisoned by an Alpha Werewolf; and Evie; an abused and neglected girl who has learned to melt into the shadows to avoid being found.

Evie begins to visit Bas and brings him food and water so that he doesn't die. What Bas really needs though is fresh blood to give him the strength and power to break free of his magical prison.
Staci Hart
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This little story is so hot, I had to take a "smoke break" about 3/4 in and try to cool down.

Who knew demons could be so sexy?

Interesting lore, sexy beasts, and love where it never should have been. What's not to enjoy?

My only critique is that I wanted more! More of Bas and Evie, more about how their social structure and powers work. I really want to learn more about the demon plane too, and it looks like the next story takes place there, so I'll definitely be reading.
Kristen
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was Kelly Apples book debut,but you wouldn't have known that by reading this book. Reading Demon Restrained felt like reading something by a seasoned author. I enjoyed this book. The story was great and the words flowed. ill be reading the next one.
Jenn
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books
I want to know more! One immediately is drawn to Bas. Even though you don't know much about him, the why, the who the how just yet...you want to. As I was reading this lovely Novella I forgot it was the debut effort of the author. Can't wait for the next!
Kristi
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: immortals-i-love
I really liked this book; I only wish it were longer.
Tara SG
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
First book I've read in a loooooong time... I wasn't surprised that I enjoyed Kelly's book. It was fun, sexy, and left me wanting more. Excited for more from her!!
Tanya Harber
Jun 02, 2017
Kim
Sep 06, 2013
Sela
Oct 20, 2018
Sofia Sundfors
Another book that was too short and had an inadequate ending.
ancaraisa
Claudia
Sep 13, 2013
Elle
Mar 23, 2016
Kelly Apple is a hardcore paranormal junkie with the bad habit of falling for damaged heroes. Finding (and writing) characters who make her heart break is one of her goals in life. She has a boy who can drink his weight in Mountain Dew and always tries to get her to play video games with him. She politely declines on account of all the voices in her head who are impatiently waiting for their stori ...more

The Demonkind Chronicles (2 books)
  • Demon Besieged (The Demonkind Chronicles #2)