Start by marking “Road to Somewhere” as Want to Read:
Road to Somewhere

Road to Somewhere

New! From Bloomsbury Spark, a sunny heartwarming story of discovery and sisterhood.

A road trip. A singing competition. And super-hot cowboys.

What could be better?

For Charlie, a post-high school road trip isn't just a vacation, it's life changing. While her parents think she's helping a friend move, a chance at fame is the real reason to grab her best friends and drive t
ebook
Published March 11th 2014 by Bloomsbury Spark

To ask other readers questions about Road to Somewhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Road to Somewhere

Patty
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
My reviews are spoiler free!!

Confession:
I’m that “horrible person” that judges a book by its cover, but it’s okay because I know I’m not the only one. So I will admit that when I first saw the cover I instantly signed up for the blog tour, not even knowing what this book was about. And than I read the title (which is catchy!) than the synopsis and I thought to myself “Road to Somewhere? Road trip? Life goal? MUST READ.

THIS BOOK TOOK ME FOR A RIDE.
Yes, pun intended. This book is fantastic, absolu
Cassie Mae
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 I-Have-all-the-Feels Stars

****I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review****

I'm usually someone who goes for a light, fun, quirky romance. Give me romance! *screams to the heavens* And while Road to Somewhere has romance (some sweet, beautiful, oh-my-gosh-I-want-to-cuddle-my-Kindle YA romance) this book is SO MUCH MORE than getting the boy.

Charlie has a dream, and one that when said out loud usually gets bizarre looks and a "um, yeah, right" reaction. She wants to sing. She wants to m
Books A-Brewin'
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it

I received an e-copy of this book from publishers in exchange for participation in a blog tour and an honest review.

Over the last few months I have found myself buried nose deep in dark paranormal romance reads. When this blog tour was announced and offered to me as a tour host, I flip-flopped for a while before I decided to participate. It sounded like a light, easy read that may take a bit to get into, but could be worth the effort. The synopsis does not do the book justice. There are so ma
Lenore Kosinski
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars -- OK, I don't even remember what I was thinking, but I was only partially interested in this book when it came out. Maybe it's because I don't have a sister? I don't even remember what my preconceptions were, but this book basically just blew those out of the water. Seriously, such a fun and heartwarming coming of age book times 2.... Oh, before I forget, I was given a copy of this book from the authors in exchange for my honest opinion....

I had a harder time getting a feel for Charli
Michelle
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Road to Somewhere is a super fun book. It is told in dual narrative between the two sisters- Charlie and Lucy. Dual Narrative is my favorite writing style "voice" for reading a book. I think it is a great way to get to know the main characters. Most of the time it is done between the main guy and girl of the story, but I really enjoyed the dual narrative between the two sisters. It was funny because in some ways they were so similar, and in some ways they were about as different as you can b ...more
Kazhy (My Library in the Making)
(View this review on My Library in the Making.)

Wow. I don't even know where to begin. Road to Somewhere had me at road trip and cowboys, but it definitely exceeded my expectations. Summer is just starting to show here in my part of the world, and this is a definitely a nice read to accompany that with.

Fresh out of high school, Charlie has nothing to look forward to but the road trip to L.A. with her friends. College isn't looking promising and so she's grabbing on to her last chance of getting a
Christianna Marks
You can read this and many other reviews on my YA book blog The White Unicorn!

An Open Letter To Road To Somewhere,

You book, are a trickster. You started out and I was pretty sure that I was going to love you. You had all the right things: music, road trips, sisters and fun. But then your main characters got lost in this maze of self pity and absolutely no confidence and I found myself getting more and more frustrated at you. I know that some people will like you and that I just couldn't relate
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you know me, you know about my love (and slight obsession) with road trip books. So of course when I saw the cover and premise of this one, I jumped on it. Sadly, it’s not really what I would categorize as a road trip book. Yes, they all got in a car and drove somewhere, but that’s the extent of the road trip part. The story takes place at the destinations the girls arrive at, more so than the driving part. Still, I really enjoyed this story.

A car full of teenage girls… this is just begging f
Cinta
Mar 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I was sent an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

OK, first of all, I have to say this book is a YA story and I don't belong to the intended audience for the book, since I'm not a teenager. However, I enjoy reading YA books from time to time and I think I can be objective enough as to judge any book that falls in my hands. This book started in a very promising way, and the truth is that I finished reading it in a matter of three days. The pace is fast, it doesn't linger in unn
Caitlin
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this title from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This is the charming coming of age story of two sisters that are more alike than they ever knew. On an exciting road trip across the country to a singing competition, extroverted Charlie and introverted Lucy come to realize who they are, both together and apart, while also working toward understanding who they ultimately want to become. Both girls dream of music, and while Charlie is (somewhat) con
Leigh Collazo

More reviews at Mrs. ReaderPants.

IF THIS BOOK WERE A SONG, IT WOULD BE: "Trouble" by Taylor Swift

REVIEW: Aww. This book was seriously cute. I love the sisters' dual viewpoints and the Sherman, Texas setting. A road trip, two romances, and plenty of teen angst kept me eagerly turning pages. Being a Texan who recently relocated to China, I love that this book helped me feel a little homesick for the first time since I got here. The authors clearly love the Texas countryside!

I have two younger sist
Moon Love
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to have to keep this as short and sweet as possible, especially since I have so many favorite quotes I want to share with you all. At first glance the cover caught my eye. Upon perusal of the blurb, I must admit that it was partly the road trip with siblings that intrigued me, but it was the mention of distracting cowboys that sold me on reading this book. However, once I got started, it was Charlie and Lucy that made me truly fall for this book.

One of my favorite things about the book
JoLee
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

Featured in "Reading on a Theme: Young Musicians" on Intellectual Recreation.

The summer after her year of high school Charlie and her friends take a road trip to L.A. via Charlie's grandparent's ranch in Texas. At the request, no demand, of Charlie's father they take her little sister, Lucy, along too. The trip to L.A. involves a singing competition, and Charlie is counting on things going well because she has no idea what she is going to do with her future.

I've never really been into ranches o
K.M. Galvin
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
from pagetrotter.blogspot.com

I really liked this one! It's a great story about sisters and female relationships. The dual POVs really allow us to have a great insight in the progression of the sister's stories with each other, with their friends, and with their guys. The dialogue was great, I loved the message and really enjoyed all the characters. I felt like Charlie's issues were true to life and they resonated with me. I'm the oldest sister too so I really connected with her in that way as w
Missie
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
When the chance to do my a book tour with Road to Somewhere I jumped on board. I normally read dark, moody books and this one seemed to be a perfect one to get me out of my genre-funk.

Likes:
At first I really thought I would like only Lucy, I always seem to lean toward the underdog, but I ended up really enjoying both Lucy and Charlie.
My sister and I are also really close in age, and have very different personalities, so it hard for us to be close during high school. I really liked this story bec
Tiffany Willams
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book made me want to go hug my sister so hard!!
This book was a beautiful love story, but not a love story you're thinking about. Yes, there is attraction between the girls and some cute cowboys, but this love story is stronger than that.
This love story involves two sisters and their journey to find each other again. Charlie (18) and Lucy (16) used to be inseparable. As they've gotten older, life got in the way and they drifted apart. A cross country trip changes everything.
Seeing the stru
Cortney Pearson
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one sitting, guys, just gobbled it up! I was a little worried because I had a hard time following all the characters that were introduced in the opening chapter, but by the end of chapter two I was hooked!

A Texas ranch was a great setting for the story. One of my favorite things when I'd visited Texas had been how hospitable and kind people were, and that was captured perfectly in this novel!

The characters were great--Lucy and Charlie are two very different sisters, but it's sweet
Erica Dobinson
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been meaning to read this book in a long time and I always seem to be reading something else or reviewing another book. Well this Christmas I finally sat down and read this book and let me tell you I could not put it down.

Some books I really struggle with when they are written from a duel aspect, this is just personal preference as I like to get involved with the book; however, I found this one very easy to read and was quickly absorbed into the story line. I loved that Kelley and Jenny t
Cristina
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Road to Somewhere is the perfect combination of light family drama, sibling dynamics (which in my opinion, there just isn't enough in YA,) a fun road trip, sweet crushes, and first loves. A story about two sisters-Charlie the fun, outgoing sister, and Lucy the studious, introvert--who are made to go on a road trip together so Charlie can (secretly) pursue her dream, and where Lucy will (not so secretly) keep tabs on her older sister. But the trip takes unexpected twists and turns, and all I will ...more
Stacee
Feb 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute premise that translated well.

I liked the dual POVs. It was fun being able to see what each sister thought of the other as well as each grow.

The ending was pretty abrupt. I guess there's a bit of an idea for what the ending means, but I'm a fan of concrete endings. I would have liked one more chapter or even an epilogue to see what the future holds for Charlie and Lucy.

All in all, it was a cute and quick read.

**Thanks to Bloomsbury Spark and NetGalley for providing the arc in exchange fo
Jamie Rae
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Road to Somewhere so much! There is romance, which will leave you swooning, but the story is about so much more––family, sisters, road-trips, summer loves, cowboys (Texas cowboys!), the journey to discovering who you are and what is most important in life. This story will leave you with a smile on your face as you swipe away a tear. It is a beautiful story that is well written, relatable and has the ability to reach beyond the young adult market. A must read!! *High Five* to the authors!
Laurie Laurion-lynch
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I may be an impartial judge because I know Jenny and I know that she is a talented writer, but I was so involved in this book right away. I found myself not wanting to put it down. I enjoyed every bit of it. I'm left wanting a sequal, I need more!!!!
Marie
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
It wasn't the best book i've read so far, BUT it still deserve a 4 stars for the story in general and the writing.
Good book in general
Christine
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

Aww you guys! ROAD TO SOMEWHERE was such a cute, fluffy read! This is definitely going to be a book you'll want to read while lounging at the beach or pool this summer, I can guarantee you that.

Charlie has been dreaming of pursing a career in singing with her best friends for years. Her best friend is moving to LA to go to school at UCLA and wants to make the move over there one last hurrah before they don't see each other for awhile. While in LA, Charlie and her three be
Carolyn
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was gifted to me for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book as it is more of a coming of age story that focuses on the relationship between sisters Charlie and Lucy more than focusing on romance. There are a couple of romances throughout but they are more in the background. This book alternates POV’s between Charlie and Lucy but is free flowing and well done.

Charlie and her best friends Hope, Cassie and Jade are having an end of high school road trip from Illinois to California as a fa
Satarupa
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the authors, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the authors and the tour organizers for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this fabulous book.

Well, first of all I would like to say that this is an awesome-sauce story that I just loved and adored !!!

I loved both the sisters i.e Charlotte aka Charlie and Lucille aka Lucy but I found myself completely attached with Lucy because in actual life I'm just like h
Shane
Let me start out by saying that I'm not bias because I'm hosting the blog tour for Road to Somewhere. Okay, now that we have that out of the way, I think it's okay to say that I enjoyed the story. I saw so much of myself in both girls in regards to various traits and they had me hooked from the opening chapter.

Honestly, this was a quick-paced book, but I took my time reading it because I didn't want it to end. The story was that interesting. I loved every detail and how descriptive their surrou
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
I suddenly feel lonely. I want a sister!!! I loved this so much! It's fun and swoony but very unforgettable.

I think every reader knows that there's already a lot of roadtrip stories out there. What makes this story different? But most importantly, why should you read this?

I'll tell you why.

It's because you may find yourself in here. Maybe you're Charlie, who is a big dreamer, who has the guts to follow her dreams and actually see herself living the life she wanted. Or maybe you're a Lucy who is
J.A. Smith
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It has so much to offer - what a fun ride (pun intended)!

Kelley and Jenny wrote rich, lovely, unique characters who grab you from the get go and keep you wanting to stay close so you don't miss what happens next on their journeys. Charlie and Lucy have such different personalities - a total yin yang thing going, but they also compliment one another beautifully.

The settings are wonderfully done. Whether they are in Illinois, California, or Texas the reader feels the differen
Karen Harper
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I started reading Road to Somewhere I thought I knew what to expect of this YA novel. It wasn’t what I expected after reading the synopsis.
Road to Somewhere is basically the story of two sisters, Charlotte and Lucy, two completely different sisters who seem to have nothing in common save biology. In my opinion, this book is a coming of age story. Although Lucy is only 15 and Charlie is 17, both of these sisters discover more about themselves and more about each other.
Did I like this book?
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend, #2)
  • The Edge of You
  • A Missing Peace
  • Rain (Rain, #1)
  • Angel of Mine
  • Cutter Boy
  • The Silent Swan
  • Any Way You Slice It
  • Pixelated
  • The Art of Falling (Oceanside High, #1)
  • Blood Entwines
  • Detached
  • Finding Hope
  • This Is Your Afterlife
  • Swerve
  • Finding Mr. Darcy: High School Edition
  • Blind Side
  • My Life Starring Mum
YA author with genre commitment issues.

Eventually the day came when the voices in Kelley Lynn’s head were more insistent then her engineering professor’s. So instead of turning to her Thermodynamics book, Kelley brought up a blank page on her computer screen and wrote.

You can find Kelley hanging out at her facebook page. She loves talking to readers at authorkelleylynn@gmail.com.