Start by marking “The Line That Breaks (The Line That Binds #2)” as Want to Read:
The Line That Breaks (The Line That Binds #2)

The Line That Breaks

(The Line That Binds #2)

*This is the followup to The Line That Binds*

While searching for answers involving Stockton Estate's stone well, Ben Shadows and LJ Wayde discover one truth: the curse is real.

Unfortunately, that truth has LJ facing the same fate that's been tied to her bloodline for generations. The curse has given her the ability to help others conquer their greatest weaknesses, but it
Published March 22nd 2014 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The Line That Breaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Line That Breaks

Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

I remember liking the first one more. They kept going on about how much they love each other but they don’t really give a solid reason why except for their mutual phyisical attraction. And that got a bit repetitive. Although, it has been a loooong time since I read the first one so I could just be remembering it wrong.

One thing I did not like was how stubborn LJ was when she found out this ‘secret’ Ben had. I didn’t feel the secret was that large
(Read using Kindle Unlimited)

I liked the first book in this series, but this one just bored me.

I got sick of Ben and LJ fighting in this book. I was a little surprised at (view spoiler)
I didn’t think enough was made about finding the stones, and the way this ended irritated me too. (view spoiler)
Dayla
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review first appeared on my blog: Book Addict 24-7

I received a copy via Enticing Journey Book Promotions for a book tour in exchange for an honest review!

The Line That Breaks by J.M. Miller is the sequel to The Line That Binds, which was a surprising young adult paranormal novel that left me wanting more. In this final installment of the series (which contained only these two books), we finally start getting some answers, while also seeing the toll that the curse takes on LJ’s relationship. At t
Myra (Pieces of Whimsy)
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review first published on my blog, Pieces of Whimsy

The Line That Breaks is the second and final book in the series and having read the first only hours before starting this book, I have to say it is just as good. It start a little ways from the ending of the first book, don't worry you don't miss out on any of the juicy bits, with LJ and Ben struggling to find out more about the curse and how to break it. We also learn a few new things about the curse in this book, though you may have guessed so
Romancerwblog
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a gifted copy from the author in exchange for my honest review.

The Line That Breaks is the sequel to The Line That Binds. If you have not read the first book, please read my review here and one click it! It is sure to keep you entertained!

The Line That Breaks picks up right where the The Line That Binds ends. LJ and Ben are searching for clues to find a cure or more information on the curse that has found its way to LJ. As you remember, she is able to hear people’s wishes and grant t
Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-reads
What a roller coaster ride. JM Miller follows up The Line That Binds flawlessly. It seems like she cranked everything up from the characters, emotions, and plot. It is an awesome follow up that you don’t want to miss. I’m going to stop here and say that if you have not read The Line That Binds, you need to stop reading this review as it will contain slight spoilers.

This book picks up about a month after the 1st book ends. Ben and LJ are together, and they are done searching the basement for clu
Shasta Mosley /Cherry0Blossom
Let me just say that this is one book that I have been waiting for. JM. Miller had me wanting to pull my hair out at the end of the first book The Line That Binds because I wanted to know what happened right then and there, but I had to wait patiently (well not so much) for The Line That Breaks. Well one thing I will say is JM Miller did not disappoint at all.

We pick right up where The Line That Binds leaves off. LJ and Ben are still searching for clues to break the curse that was put on LJ’s f
Amanda
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, romance
EndlessReading
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW!

Here's me thinking that nothing could of been better than the first, BUT HOLY SHIT WAS I WRONG!

This was another great read, suspense filled, nail biting, love infested mystery, that grips the reader from the very beginning and doesn't let go....a bit like the curse that's rooted itself nicely within LJ.

Unfortunately LJ & Ben's search continues for the cure to this hideous curse. It's starting to show its ugly face now and poor LJ is paying the price?

How much more than this poor girl be p
James
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
A really great ending to this two book series. I loved reading this book and getting to know the main characters better. Ben and LJ were great but I think I also saw a lot more of Gavin, Carson, Spaz and Izzy in this book too. The story was romantic, funny and suspenseful all at the same time. The characters were all very real and their thoughts and feelings were clearly expressed. Ben and LJ were fantastic together and my heart broke for both of them throughout this story. I loved the unique cr ...more
Melonie Merritt
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This novel kept me turning pages from start to finish. I read the whole thing in just a couple of hours. I thought the first book started out a little slow I was expecting much the same for this one. However I was so glad to be wrong. This book is amazingly written. A Line That Breaks starts off Shortly after where A LIne That Binds ends. I couldn't wait to read this to find out what happens with the curse and it just jumps head first into how LJ and Ben rush against time to figure out before LJ ...more
Libu
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
There's nothing I love more than a paranormal YA novel, and thankfully, those are not in short supply. What IS in short supply is something new - a different type of paranormal that's not about vampires, werewolves, fairies (all things I love) - well thankfully Miller's helping me out there. I read The Line That Binds (the 1st book in the series) earlier this year and was intrigued from the very beginning. The follow-up and conclusion was exactly the same way. You have two fantastic characters t ...more
Paranormal Tendencies
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book begins about a month after the first book ended. LJ and Ben are still trying to search for the missing well pieces. And the family curse is causing LJ headaches, nosebleeds and all around misery. Ben is her lifeline, her comfort and her love. LJ is mostly in the dark about the curse, but when she learns the truth it may be too much for her relationship with Ben to bear.
Book two has us wondering if they will uncover the truth about the curse and if Ben and LJ will last when the truth i
Lara Hays
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I read both The Line That Binds and The Line That Breaks in less than 48 hours. They are gripping and just fun. Author J.M. Miller adds a breath of fresh air to the supernatural YA genre without turning to ubiquitous vampires, witches, wizards, and other paranormal favorites. Her writing deftly combines poetic elements with crisp, realistic prose, creating an assuming foundation for a story of modern-day teens plagued by a historical curse that threatens to take away everything that mea
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
The perfect sequel.

This book is even more addictive that the previous one. J.M. has for sure done a brilliant job and outdid herself.

Throughout the book the story kept me on edge and reading fast to see what will happen next.

LJ and Ben are both strong and lovable characters, very well crafted. They both love each other and that love is just growing and getting stronger. They both struggle with some things that they have to overcome.

Original storyline, captivating writing style and amazing breath
Amy Malek concepcion
This was a beautifully told story. I fell in love with Ben and LJ's story in the first book and this picks right back up. LJ and Ben are still looking for answers about the Stockton curse. He sees her slipping away but how he ended up supporting her was just a beautiful thing to see. I was easily swooning over him (again). There were many emotions, times when I hated them both but more times when I adored LJ's strength and Ben's devotion. I was both happy and sad when their amazing story came to ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is about a curse that is placed on a family after a broken heart. Lj and Ben receive parts of an estate when they turn 18. Lj also inherits the family curse.
It's a great read. The story moves along quickly and fluently. It grabs you so that you want to know more about the curse itself. And, this is a series that leaves you wondering what happens next. I want to know what happens anyway! Do they beat the curse? Or, are they beaten?

Reviewed by Brandy
For the Love of Books
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 YUP SHE DID IT AGAIN STARS! So I've been waiting for this book since I read and loved the first one. If you haven't read The Line That Binds then you really need to read that one first. I already had fallen in love with both LJ and Ben in the first one but I loved getting to know them more especially now that they know the curse is real. This is definitely one to go one click~
~ Leslie~
Liz Parks
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great follow up to The Line That Binds. The characters felt real and the book was well written. I cried through LJ's pain and celebrated when it all came to a conclusion. But I didn't want the book to end! I read the book in 2 days because I couldn't put it down!
Theresa Troutman
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The story picks up with Ben and L.J. continuing to look for clues on how to break the curse and free L.J. from its devastation effects. The relationship between these two is believable, beautiful and heartbreaking. The ending - perfect. The story comes full circle and I absolutely loved it!
Abbie
Nov 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was an okay read, but I lost interest.

I really liked LJ and Ben in the first book, but they annoyed me in this one.

The pacing in this one was slow, and the story just couldn't keep my interest unfortunately.

Overall, Not awful, but couldn't keep my interest.
Janice
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I RECEIVED A BOX SET IN EXCHAGE OF A HONEST REVIEW!

*I'm going to do the review of the two books in this one thread, later they happily will go to each thread to the respective book*

To start , I'm not a fan of Paranormal Young Adult Books... there are some books I happily read if they're paranormal and only if they catch my attention, but they're not my favorite. Fortunately, I saw the blurb of these and damn, I wanted them really fast!!

This book is about LJ who is a young girl, related to a fami
Iza
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I immediately started this after finishing book one and I devoured it. I couldn't put it down. Along with the characters, I wanted to know more about the curse, I wanted to know if there was a way to break it.

Things are not getting better for LJ, the curse is affecting her more and more each day, with each wish she grants but she can't stop herself from making others happy. I admit, I wanted to shake her for this, because she was not helping the situation.

Ben's desperate to find a way to stop
Cindy Fong
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great ending to a captivating series

Book 2 finds LJ and Ben still looking for the missing stones and any information on the curse. LJ continues to grant wishes not truly understanding the costs. Added stress of her mom returning and her dad dating isn't helping. Can they all find the answers in time? This book had me hooked from the first page.
Shawna
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this book (and series). They are about young kids in high school, but had a nice story line... suspense and mystery with a little supernatural. If I was 16 I would be all over Ben (the main character) like white on rice! ;) Just saying! Nothing too dirty in these, mostly just suggests what is happening with out details. I would recommend these. I could not put them down
marilyn twitchell
A Little Dissappointed

I read the first book and thoroughly enjoyed it. The 2nd book spent way too much time on the make-out sessions. How many times do you have to repeat it?
It got to be quite annoying....! I was just wishing that the author would get on with the story
Holly
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved every minute of this book! Characters are well written and very likeable. Full of twists and turns. Unrequited love and everlasting love. I highly recommend this series! Hold on tight and enjoy the ride that is sure to come from the absolutely wonderful book!
Nichole
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!!
Michele McMullen
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review to follow
4.5 Stars

• The Wild Side (Forever Wild, #4)
  • Moonlight Mayhem (Spellbound Prodigies #3)
  • True Colors (The Masks, #1)
  • Taking Something (Give Me Something, #2)
  • The Buttersmiths' Gold (Evertaster, #2)
  • Awakened (The Legends Of Elyndia, #1)
  • Rematch (Vortex, #1)
  • Elemental Explosions (The Alchemists Academy, #2)
  • Kindar's Cure
  • The Tale of Mally Biddle
  • The Colony
  • The Crossing (Blood of the Lamb, #1)
  • Wish for You (Boys of the South, #4)
  • The Witch Collector Part I
  • Seeking Havok
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Anya and the Shy Guy (Backstage Pass #4)
  • Lore: Tales of Myth and Legend Retold
J.M. Miller currently resides in Florida's panhandle. When she isn't distracted by social media sites, she writes romance novels that vary in genre from contemporary to fantasy.
Aside from spending time with her family, she loves to travel and will jump at the chance to go anywhere, whenever life allows.

The Line That Binds (2 books)
  • The Line That Binds (The Line That Binds #1)