Start by marking “Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1)” as Want to Read:
Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1)

Angelbound

(Angelbound Origins #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  6,952 ratings  ·  591 reviews
Alternate-cover edition can be found here

Published December 17th 2013 by Monster House Books, LLC (first published November 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Angelbound, please sign up.
Reva Johnston This book is written for young adults. The language is a bit immature. All that aside I found the book to be well rounded with lots of drama and…moreThis book is written for young adults. The language is a bit immature. All that aside I found the book to be well rounded with lots of drama and suspense. I am looking forward to reading book 2 and 3 of the series.(less)

really liked it 4.00  ·

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
I’m imprisoned inside a pillar of fire...How did it come to this?
What did I think would happen? I’m an eighteen-year old girl, he’s immortal evil personified. I’m a fool.
Overall: a good, entertaining book with an interesting world that's rather too long. Much like my extremely verbose review of it. I can't help but feel that this book needed the help of a better editor. It wasn't a bad book by any stretch of the imagination, I enjoyed it, but it was so incredibly, unnecessarily long. I feel
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
For a limited time this book is free!!!
Find it here http://www.amazon.com/Angelbound-Chri...

Welcome to Purgatory!

You have Quasi's (half demon half human) ghouls, angels and a whole new world to fall in love with. Myla is a quasi who's special talent is wrath..and man this chick is major kick ass. She takes on demons, bad seed humans and anyone who generally pisses her off. She fights to the death in an arena as ordered to by the ghouls who are in charge of purgatory. While the King of Hell Arm
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING: 3.5 STARS

photo angelbound1_zps079687f0.jpg

Angelbound is book one in the Angelbound series by Christina Bauer. In the pages of this book you will meet Myla Lewis, an 18 year old, strong willed quasi-demon, one handsome Thrax, Lincoln, beautiful angels, lots of nasty demons and of course, Armageddon, the King of Hell.

photo angelbound2_zps25694ed5.jpg

As I said, Myla is a quasi-demon, half demon and half human. Myla is one of a few quasi’s that have a pointed tail perfect for battle. And that is what Myla lives for. She loves to fight. If a soul choose
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

Every once in a while, I read a book that has no ratings or reviews by people I trust, hoping to discover a hidden gem. And every once in a while, though not as often as I’d like, I actually succeed (which, I freely admit, happens to be very good for my ego). Angelbound is one of those gems I’m thrilled to have discovered. I picked it up on Netgalley not expecting much at all and I ended up reading it in one sitting. This YA paranormal fantasy is cute, compulsively readable and above all fun.

My
Ash Wednesday
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of Charley Davidson... and I say that with love
2 STARS

WHAT I LIKED

1. The Arena. The idea reminded me a little of shonen anime series like Yu Yu Hakusho and Flame of Recca where each episode centers on a member of the cocky hero’s crew battles with a gruesome demon in a tournament that seeds its warriors, much like in a tennis match. The Arena battles, unfortunately, were few, figuring in the plot only at the beginning, and since they are designed to decide a soul’s fate, singular. Battles and duels eventually figured in the story under d
Dianne
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the spirit of ancient gladiators fighting to the death, one fighter stands out as Pugatory’s best. Meet Myla, quasi-demon, Purgatory high school student and all around lethal fighting machine, sending souls packing on a one way trip to Hell. Myla was born to fight a quasi-demon, half human, half demon, rage fuels her wicked skills in the arena, just like frustration fuels her life at home with her mom. The woman who, no matter what, will tell Myla her father’s identity.

In a society where ghou
Sharon L
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
UPDATE: 0.99$ on kinlde. 15/4/14

This review is going to be a tough one to write. Why? Because it is so rare for me to have so much to say yet not enough words.

Most times I'm either speechless or you can't shut me up. Right now I'm both. Yes, I'm very well aware of the paradox. That's me, full of contradictions.
But I don't give a damn.

Anyway, let's start this.

Lately I've given many 5 starts, more than I'm used to, and I consider myself lucky for that. But a 5 stars rating can mean so many diff
Andrea ❤Ninja Bunneh❤
Hand me a book chock full of demons, angels, ghouls, and all creatures creepy, I am in book heaven. Angelbound is chock full.

Myla is a 17 year old quasi (part demon/part human). Her home sweet home is a little known place called Purgatory. She goes to school, has a BFF, a somewhat annoyingly over-protective mom, and a ghoul for a babysitter (so to speak). In her spare time, she heads on down to the arena and battles souls in order to send them to hell. Myla is snarky, bitchy, and totally kick-a
Aneta Bak
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
"His eyes almost glow with intensity. "I like this. Feeling like I have a peer, a partner." He cups my face in his hands. "I like you, Myla."

Christian Bauer created a fantastic new world, filled with beautiful and dark creatures. With amazing kick-ass characters, Angelbound is a perfect YA novel.

Myla Lewis is a kick-ass type of girl that doesn't take crap from anyone. But who would dare fight her anyways? Myla is a quasi-demon, half demon, half human. She looks just like you and me, with an add
Aileen Erin
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Myla is so bad ass that I kind of want to be her. Who know being a half-demon living in Purgatory could be so freaking cool? Not only that, but Lincoln is hawt! Myla made me literally LOL throughout the book. She's strong, funny, and can kick some serious ass. When shit goes down, she doesn't just sit by and let it happen. Nope. She fights with everything she has to save the day. The world Christina builds is original and rich. And the cast of characters are just so much damned fun that I missed ...more
Maria Dimitrova
I got this on sale on Audible and it was money well spend :) Which was quite the surprise considering that this is an young adult novel, a genre I find more and more tedious as I grow older. To be honest if I knew that it was young adult I wouldn't have bought it. But that cover sucked me in and I have no regrets.

I liked the story but mostly I liked the idea behind it - the 5 realms and the different races that rule and live in them. Myla was a bit annoying at times but then again is there a te
Bridge D'urso
1. Bad-ass female protagonist
2. Fabulously funny
3. Super cool magical world full of creative creatures unlike any super cool magical world I've encountered
4. Edge-of-your-seat action
5. Super original
6. Characters you care about and fall in love with.
7. Can't put it down
8. Who needs an eighth?!
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
This was pretty good. I enjoyed Myla's spunk and also loved her interaction with Lincoln. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Lučka
DNF @ 75%

Ugh, another one bites the dust. I'm sorry.
description

The world building was very interesting and I loved the different types of "creatures"; demons, half-demons, angels, half-angels, ghouls, etc. The fighting scenes at the Arena were really entertaining.

Heroine is a kickass, snarky quasi-demon, a rebel at heart and at times really immature. But this is YA and juvenile 1st POV narration is acceptable for me. I actually liked her.

Then there was an enemies-lovers trope and you know I'm a sucker fo
Donita Luz
The herald lowers his silver trumpet. "Miss Myla Lewis without escort." I stifle the urge to groan. Without escort? Really?! How about with the ability to kick ass? They need to leave the Middle Ages, STAT.
See that cover? That freaking girl with the wicked tail? It was already screaming KICK-ASS! And those kind of books are always welcome in my realm, Always.

description

Myla Lewis is a quasi-demon,(mostly human with a little demon DNA) and every quasi has a bit of a demon DNA that is aligned to one of th
Literary George (For Your Literary Pleasure Blog)
description

I didn't think I would love this book, especially reading it immediately following a 5 star book like "Becoming Alpha"... But sweet mother of mercy "Angelbound" is beyond fabulous! Bauer creates a whole new world that had me bowing down and praising the universe for whatever is responsible for inspiring this creative genius.
description

I haven't been this in love with something since my King and Queen Beyonce. Argh I didn't think anyone could pack this much amazing into a book anymore! I don't know where to
Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger)
This is book one in a series of five books with two spin-off books.

This story takes place in another realm filled with angels, demons, ghouls, quasi-demons (half-demon, half-human) and Thrax (half-human half-angel demon hunters comprised of several royal families). Myla, the main character, is a quasi-demon in her senior year of high school. Much to her mother's anxiety, Myla is often called to serve the oligarchy by fighting the human souls wishing to challenge being assigned to hell upon their
Belle
WOW.. I seriously am surprised.. honestly loved reading this book. It kept me on my toes and I could not put a page down. I will admit I love books where the lead heroine is seriously kick ass, so this was no exception. Loved how she was unafraid to show the world what she could do, and that she stood up against the prejudices laid against her.

It was not even the fact that the lead male Prince Thrax was an amazing book boyfriend (got to love relationships that begin with hate and end with love.
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Stars *****

An amazing beginning to a great series! Myla is a strong quasi-demon that enjoys fighting demons and evil spirits. She would rather battle at the arena than go to a school that brainwashes students to worship and serve.

When angels and demons notice her unbeatable strength, strange things start to unravel. She discovers secrets about her past and learns about her true destiny.

I enjoyed this more than Christina Bauer's Beholder series. I loved background between demons and a
Molly Mortensen
I don’t know what it is about me and tail fascination. I’ve just always wanted one. So naturally the reason Angelbound caught my eye is the main character has a tail. (The author actually uses her tail to show emotion and humor too.)

Angelbound is told in a fun voice with plenty of humor and I liked the strong sassy heroine, Myla. It might just be me, (because I couldn’t pry the book out of my fingers to go to bed.) but this book was a quick read. I think Angelbound will appeal to fans of the Mor
Katy
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A new look on Purgatory, demons, and the forces of darkness.

I enjoyed reading this immensely! Angelbound is a fun read with creative world building and multiple strong, female leads. Snarky humor, teen romance, and lots of kicking ass. Give this new series a shot; 5 stars.
Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog)
3 – Too YA for me
Literally me throughout the entire book:
description
I just do not know. I do enjoy a good YA, as long as it does not feel like I am reading a middle school book. This book was almost too YA for my liking.
It starts with the main character Myla, who is a quasi-demon (human with Demon DNA), (even though we never really found out how in the family history that happened), who is a fighter in the Purgatory Arena. Purgatory, being their….world…area?? She hasn’t lost a battle, yet she has had zero
Koeur
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Publisher Description: Eighteen year old Myla Lewis is a girl who loves two things: kicking ass and kicking ass. She’s not your every day quasi-demon, half-demon and half-human, girl. For the past five years, Myla has lived for the days she gets to fight in Purgatory’s arena. When souls want a trial by combat for their right to enter heaven or hell, they go up against her, and she hasn’t lost a battle yet.

Review: This was a great teen angst/daemon novel s
Pam
Shelves: favorites, 2013-read
WOW...I enjoyed this book. If I didn't have to go to work I would have read it in one sitting.

I loved the world that Bauer created as well as the additional "species". Loved Myla! She was spunky, sarcastic, and could give better than she got. Lincoln was great once he had his rectal-cranial-inversion. I wasn't a big fan of Myla's Mom until we knew more of her back story and I loved the whole "big brother" vibe of Walker.

This book was a total roller coaster from the build-up of the first chapte
Angela
Dec 18, 2013 marked it as tbr-lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Angela by: Sharon
Shelves: paranormal, free, kindle, ya
6 January 2016: $0.00 FREE on Kindle

4 December 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
2 September 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
Colleen Brennan
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my first foray into fantasy/paranormal and I am glad I gave it a try. Bauer's character development and humor are right on. Looking forward to the next!!
Susan Edwards
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The female characters kick ass! As a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, I've been looking for strong women to root for - Angelbound fills that need.
Felicitia
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy Angels! when the Ink Monster publisher declare themselves as the "Kickers of Ass" they. Are. Not. Kidding. How come they just published two books and both of them are kick ass?! I would like to thank Ink Monster LLC for giving me a free pass for an awesome adventure inside the Purgatory.

Ok now review, Angelbound was amazing. Even from the start, you would've known that the main heroine was pure kick ass.

In the world of Angelbound, it wasn't just all about Angels and Demons. There are Quasis
Katie
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
See this review and much more at Katie's Corner

Before I started this book, I had two favourite kick-ass female characters. First one was Della – bad-ass vampire from C.C. Hunter’s Shadow Falls Series and the second one was Koa – half vampire half human/ or so they say from K.N. Lee’s Koa’s Chronicles: Netherworld. Now I have a new favourite bad-ass character, and maybe even a new role model, who knows.

Well, let me tell you more about Myla Lewis. She is a quasi demon, which means that she is hal
Kitty (I solemnly swear that I am up to no good)
Actual rating: 2.5 stars...would have given it higher if the quality had stayed consistent throughout the book.

This book is page turning, imaginative, demon infested and ass-kicking fun. Myla is one of the more amusing heroines out there...and the world building was sorta cool once I worked it out. Basically it is a book full of potential awesomeness.

...however, I also felt like there was too much info dumping and inane descriptions of how sucky life is for Myla. Along with a lack of substance,
Goodreads Librari...: Please create series 2 14 Jul 02, 2019 11:12AM
Goodreads Librari...: Fix Cover Please 2 13 Jun 18, 2019 09:44PM
Goodreads Librari...: update cover 6 149 Sep 10, 2016 03:59AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #173 - Angelbound 1 2 Oct 16, 2014 11:46AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Angelbound (Angelbound #1) ARC by Christina Bauer - Starting November 17th 2013 38 23 Nov 19, 2013 02:34AM

• Odyssey (The Vampire Destiny Series Companion, #1)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • Demon Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #2)
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Wings (The Never Dark, #1)
  • Reluctant Prince (Kingdom of Cymmera #1)
  • A Demon in Waiting (Sons of Gulielmus #1)
  • The Last Keeper's Daughter (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #1)
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Windburn (Nightwing, #2)
  • Embrace the Dark (The Blood Rose, #1)
  • Ash to Steele
  • Bonds of Hope (Wicked Play, #4)
  • Fire Stones (Fire Wars, #2)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
  • Destiny (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #3)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Her Wicked Angel (Her Angel, #6)
Christina Bauer believes that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too. Christina lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi- ...more

Angelbound Origins (8 books)
  • Lincoln (Angelbound Lincoln #2)
  • Scala (Angelbound Origins #2)
  • Acca (Angelbound origins #3)
  • Thrax (Angelbound Origins #4)
  • The Dark Lands (Angelbound Origins #5)
  • The Brutal Time (Angelbound Origins #6)
  • Armageddon (Angelbound Origins #7)
“Class, today we’ll learn about Earth’s most important holiday. It’s a month-long celebration of ghoul superiority called Halloween.” 3 likes
“Get your Barbie on and knock his socks off.” 2 likes