Start by marking “Another Day (Every Day, #2)” as Want to Read:
Another Day (Every Day, #2)

Another Day

(Every Day #2)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  16,866 ratings  ·  2,716 reviews
Every day is the same for Rhiannon. She has accepted her life, convinced herself that she deserves her distant, temperamental boyfriend, Justin, even established guidelines by which to live: Don’t be too needy. Avoid upsetting him. Never get your hopes up.

Until the morning everything changes. Justin seems to see her, to want to be with her for the first time, and they sha
Published August 25th 2015 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published July 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Another Day, please sign up.
Sara cunningham It was very good as a stand alone, i suppose, but the moment i got to the end i wanted more. I felt like the story really just got going when he ran.…moreIt was very good as a stand alone, i suppose, but the moment i got to the end i wanted more. I felt like the story really just got going when he ran. i want to know more about the keeping bodies conundrum and more about the community of those like him that was hinted at. By the end it didn't seem like a stand alone anymore, but the first book of a longer series with so many more questions to answer. i'm so very excited.(less)

·  16,866 ratings  ·  2,716 reviews

Annie
My first reaction to this: NO NO NO NO DAVID LEVITHAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Every Day is a book that needs no sequel. In our series-obsessed culture, it's refreshing to have a book that stands alone. Especially a book like that, with an ending that basically negates any possibility for sequels.

The thing about this sequel, though, is that we don't know if it's a continuation of the story beyond Every Day, or just Every Day from Rhiannon's point of view. We'll see.

I still want to read it. I just ho
Aj the Ravenous Reader

Well, how about that? When my friend mentioned that Another Day is basically just a retelling of Every Day except in the point of view of Rhiannon, secretly I was like “Pft! That couldn’t be possible, right? There has to be so much more to it than a retelling in a different POV. This Fabian person I’m sure is just exaggerating.” Now, I’m figuratively smashing my head on the wall and sending an apology to my friend telepathically because he was right all along, very right. The differen
Lotte
WHATT?!? There's a sequel?? AAAAH I'm so excited! I only just found out about this but it has already become my most anticipated book of 2015. Every Day was one of my favorite reads of the year. I simply can't wait for this.
Nope. Nope. Nope. This was definitely the most disappointing read of the year so far for me. I don't actually know why this book was even written. Well, I do know: because of money. But it all just felt so unnecessary. I don't feel like I learned anything new while reading.
I
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Have you ever fought the “Battle of the Netflix” for YEARS only to feel bad that you can’t think of anything decent to get your husband for Father’s Day so you end up caving and then you find things like Napoleon Dynamite and you just can’t stop yourself from watching it over and over and over again? Me too. My advance apologies for what you’re about to experience. #voteforpedro

David Levithan is like the pied piper to my old haggy self
Ahmad Sharabiani
Another Day (Every Day #2), David Levithan
Another Day is a young adult romance and fantasy novel written by American author David Levithan. The novel was published on August 25, 2015 through Random House Children's Books. Another Day is the companion novel to Levithan's popular teen romance novel, Every Day. Every Day establishes the story line through the perspective of "A", a mystical soul who falls in love with a girl named Rhiannon. Another Day features a similar story line; however, it is r
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Retellings are so hard to get right, but when you combine a retelling from a borderline unlikeable character and you don't add anything new to the table, things go downhill VERY quickly.

Just in case anyone was wondering, this CANNOT be read as a standalone. It is completely dependent on Every Day for context and plot. In fact, if you are expecting any sort of story structure, look elsewhere.

"Another Day" jumps around from notable event to notable event from "Every Day", just from Rhiannon's pe
Will M.
Jun 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Contemporary YA is not my genre, but I honestly enjoyed this novel. It was a very light read. A short break from all the fantasy and Historical Fiction novels. I'm never going to consider contemporary YA as my favorite genre, but I'm willing to read it from time to time. There are some life lessons you can learn from the genre.

I read Every Day out of nowhere years ago. I was reading a lot of YA books then, but if you give me Every Day right now, I'd still give it a go. The synopsis is still pret
Dana

Another Day is literally like re-reading a book you loved, but told in the perspective of the worst character with the most boring plot. Okay, maybe that's a bit too harsh, but its hard not to be annoyed when I read such a pointless novel.

As a novella this would have been a cute addition, but as a full novel simply retold from an unlikable character? I suppose I should have suspected something when the forward is a long rambling defense on the point of the novel, but I loved Every Day so much t
Caye
Oct 24, 2013 marked it as to-read
10/24/13
I don't think Every Day needs a sequel… but still, I'm intrigued all the same.

edit: 11/03/13
GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, PEOPLE! Stop rating books that aren't even released!

edit, again: 12/17/14
IT HAS A TITLE.
Another Day.
So it's really pushing through.. I'm not sure what to feel. I guess I'll know when I have the real thing in my hands.
Marla Mei
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, dnf
DNF @ 36%

I've been reading this for a month now and I still haven't reached the halfway mark. Go figure.

I desperately wanted to like this. But if the POV's infuriating as hell and all you want to do is get out of the character's head, you get out. Why torture yourself more, right?

Review to come.

An ARC was provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Elyse Walters
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
"I'm just wondering why people stay together," I say. "Why they connect in the first place, and what keeps that connection is strong. I want it to be all things inside---who you are,
what you believe. But what if the things on the outside are just as important? When I was little, I was always worried I'd fall in love with someone ugly. Like Shrek. Then I figured that love would make anyone beautiful to me, if I love them enough. I want to believe that. I want to
believe that you can love someone
Elizabeth Sagan
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Plain, simple, pretty boring YA.
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wowza!
I really enjoyed this book a lot more than I did with the first.
I feel like David's writing (as good as it is) got even better in this one.
I liked Rhiannon. She is definitely a character I felt a lot for.
David was very clever not to make this book repetitive.
And he ended this book like it needs a sequel. Like how dare you Mr. Levithan!
Definitely enjoyed this and feel it was needed.
If you've read Every Day and want to get to know Rhiannon and her life, then pick this book up.
To be honest
Pinky
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it
“If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”

If you haven't heard of this book, it is the companion novel to Every Day. I honestly don't know how I feel about this book, I'm so confused. It was a good book, but it wasn't something that I loved. It was interesting but I felt like it was slow-paced at times and I h
Shannon (leaninglights)
Full review: http://leaninglights.weebly.com/home/...

------------------------------------

(May contain spoilers for the first book in the series, Every Day).

The first thing I will tell you is that Every Day is NOT a sequel. This is important to understand because you will be disappointed if you go into it with that mindset. There is no time in Another Day that doesn't overlap Every Day. They are, in essence, the same story told from different points of view.

In Every Day we saw the unique being th
Justine
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wish-list, e-book
Mr Levithan, I hate you. I love you but I hate you as well. There better be a third book.

An ARC was provided by NetGalley against an honest review.

Every Day was one of my favorite books of 2013. It’s one of my favorite books of all time. I went into Another Day without re-reading Every Day after I read the author’s note. I remembered the message behind the book. I remembered the atmosphere, the hope, the tolerance, the love, the pain. But I can’t say that I remembered every single detail, every
Dianne
Thanks to NetGalley and Random House Children’s for an advance reader copy of this book.

“Every Day” is one my all-time favorite YA books, if not my very favorite. The story is truly unusual and very moving. It’s the tale of “A,” a non-gender specific entity who wakes up every day inhabiting a new human body. It can be anyone within a 4-hour radius, as long as the person is the same age as the currently teenaged “A.” “A” has been this way as long as he (for convenience, I will refer to “A” as a “
Tri Giao
Jul 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Calling it now, there's going to be a third.

---

Why?

If this is a continuation of the story I will DIE.

If this is a story in Rhiannon's POV, I will write an essay on how unnecessary that is.

But of course, I will still read it.

Seriously, I don't get it. Why? First of all, Rhiannon doesn't need a POV. She's fine the way she is. Her story ended well. And let's face it, she's not the world's most interesting character.

I sincerely hope this turns out to be worth the read and not just a sequel for the
Laurence R.
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Such a great companion (or twin, as Levithan would say)!

I loved the idea behind Every Day and Another Day. While you might think these books are about what it's like to change bodies every day, it's actually much more about how it is to love someone for who they really are, and how hard it is to forget about what you see. It's something I've always thought about, because our society is becoming more and more open about homosexuality and transgenders - and much more people who simply can't fit in
Maddy G. 8B
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was the second to the Every day series. The first book was told in one part of view and this book was told in different view. The author did such a great job of really getting in every single detail about the story and really made you think you were the character.
Mary
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Intial reaction: Damn your endings, Levithan.

Thank you to NetGalley and Knopf Books for Young Readers for providing this ARC.

When I first heard about Another Day, I was ecstatic, because I thought it would be a sequel to Every Day, which I adored, but hated the open ending, because it left me wanting more. Then I found out it was actually a companion novel, written from Rhiannon’s point of view, one of the characters in Every Day. And I thought it would be interesting to see how this will turn o
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Another Day is the other side of Every Day, the story seen from Rhiannon's perspective, and all that happens after she meets A.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

While Another Day is mostly the same story as Every Day, there are some differences as well, as the readers see some of the things that happen to Rhiannon when she's not with A. All her self-doubts and the choices she makes made more sense to me when I was inside her head, as opposed to reading everything f
Antonia
"I read it a lot, whenever I find it in a library. Partly because I find new things every time I read it, but also because these books are always there for me. All of them are there for me. My life changes all the time, but books don't change. Your reading of them changes- you can bring new things to them each time. But the words are familiar words. The world is a place you've been before, and it welcomes you back."
Michelle Gaudet
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's funny how the exact same ending from two different characters can feel SO different. I loved this a lot.
Larry H
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Full disclosure: I received an advance copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review.

Over the last few years, David Levithan has written or co-written some of my favorite books. And after reading his latest, Another Day , I'm starting to wonder if there's anything Levithan can't do.

Another Day is a companion novel to Levithan's excellent, moving, Every Day , which was one of my favorite books of 2012. This new book tells the story of Rhiannon, a high school student who
Sarah Churchill
This is a tough one. A very interesting 'sequel' to Every Day, where we see events from Rhiannon's perspective. On the one hand it's great to see the other side of the coin, why she reacted to certain things the way she did in book 1, what was really going through her mind and what she was up to when A wasn't with her. Also a great insight into her relationship with Justin so that we can see a little of his vulnerability, and her relationships with the rest of her friendship group.

I had a couple
Ferdy
Spoilers

Meh, hated the main character (Rhiannon), didn't find her likeable, interesting or all that sympathetic. The story wasn't much better, it was just a repeat of Every Day, without the engaging narrator or any of the mystery, depth or originality of Every Day.

-Rhiannon was a whiny, clingy, spineless needy doormat who let her boyfriend's (Justin) wants and needs dictate her entire life. She let him emotionally abuse her day in and day out all because she didn't want to be alone, which would
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Reading a story that you've already read in a different character's point of view is always going to be an interesting perspective. In the case of Another Day it came very close to perfection.

Was it as good as Every Day? Not entirely, but I really enjoyed reading the story in Rhiannon's point of view. And the ending made me so very hopeful!

The story was pretty much the same of course, but this time we lived everything through Rhiannon's eyes. You'd think things would get repetitive but it really
Jacquelyn
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
THERE IS A COVER!!

Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Although I enjoyed this one and felt it did add some very interesting points and discussions, I couldn't connect with Rhiannon very well. Also, I really enjoyed being in A's perspective and finding out about the people he woke up as everyday. There was a little less of a fantasy element because it wasn't from A's perspective. I still enjoyed it though and it was a very quick read!
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
I wanted a sequel, not the same story in Rhiannons View. Ugh.
Should I read it? 1 6 May 10, 2017 10:00PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Another Day by David Levithan - Restarting November 18th 2016 40 72 Nov 27, 2016 12:40PM

• While You Were Gone (Duplexity, #2)
  • Stand-Off (Winger, #2)
  • Other Worlds
  • Invasion (Last Princess, #2)
  • Infinite in Between
  • Rock What Ya Got
  • Perfectly Good White Boy
  • Louis parmi les spectres
  • Secrets & Spies (My Sister The Vampire, #15)
  • Nos Âmes Rebelles (Nos Âmes Jumelles, #2)
  • Paranoia (The Night Walkers, #2)
  • I Remember You
  • Vince's Life
  • This Side of Salvation
  • Invisibility
  • This Girl Is Different
  • A Step Toward Falling
  • I'm With Stupid (Stupid Fast, #3)
David Levithan (born 1972) is an American children's book editor and award-winning author. He published his first YA book, Boy Meets Boy, in 2003. Levithan is also the founding editor of PUSH, a Young Adult imprint of Scholastic Press.

Every Day (3 books)
  • Every Day (Every Day, #1)
  • Someday (Every Day, #3)
“Most of the time when we think we're looking for death, we're really looking for love.” 55 likes
“It wouldn't be fair to ask you to be around me when I'm so sick of being around me.” 36 likes