Start by marking “Beautifully Awake (Beautifully Awake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Awake (Beautifully Awake, #1)

Beautifully Awake (Beautifully Awake #1)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  2,976 Ratings  ·  385 Reviews
Diagnosis: Sleep-running

Treatment: Truth

Prognosis: Beautifully Awake

Published September 26th 2013 by Riley Mackenzie

To ask other readers questions about Beautifully Awake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautifully Awake

Lisa
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Check out my full review at Sinfully Sexy and enter to win a copy.

4.5 Stars

description

TRUTH....

Lili Porter has been sleeping running for three long years attempting to etch out a different life for herself leaving the tragic past behind.

TRUTH....

Dr. Chase Colton lives a life burdened by deep guilt and unimaginable demons all stemming from events that changed the course of his life forever.

TRUTH....

Two broken hearts collide.

TRUTH....

Can they survive the explosions that come with the collision and fin
Ailene♥
Okay, I get it. I'd been a scrub nurse in the OR for years. I get how it's like to admire a surgeon especially with his dexterity while operating. But guess what? The heroine was not a nurse. She's a case manager/social worker. Then, what the heck was she doing sitting so pretty inside the OR while there was an ongoing operation? I know, I know... The neurosurgeon/boss/hero wanted her there. Why? Well, according to him he'd be distracted wondering what she was doing, blah, blah, blah... if she'd ...more
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love, scorching-hot
TRUTH: Solid 4 Stars!!

Hmm....the more I think about this one, the more I think I liked it. Dr. Chase Colton has popped in to my head a few times since finishing this book...I think that has to say something right!?!

I LOVED LOVED LOVED that this took place in a hospital! Score one for the Riley Mackenzie duo!!! Those were my favorite scenes. The surgeries, the interactions with the other doctors. All of it--LOVED it!!!

Lili is sleep running. She's running from her past. She's running from life. S
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

"Please trust me enough to show me beneath your beautiful."

TRUTH...This book is 341 pages and it's kinda of 200 pages story.

I went from 4 1/2 Star loving this book, to skimming by 78 percent or so, to back in it for the exciting ending. I think after all secrets revealed (which were well done), I kinda was like...okay what's next.

Here's an example:

"Maybe he was trying to tell me my nails sucked. They did. My nervous habit wreaked havoc on my cuticles. I stood in the nail station, s
Nicklein Mae
6 stars!

I am at this point of my reading life where contemporary romance is just a pleasure break in between fantasy books. BUT, for me, this book is like second coming... of contemporaries.

The writing is superb, every sentence is full of wit. The sense of humour is unbelievable. And the spark between our main characters is not only flying, it's soaring! Plotwise, it's very unique and the twists are jaw-dropping!

Dude, I have never read of characters more damaged than our main protagonists, Lili
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Our connection seared my soul. If there was a doubt about how I felt about this man, it was erased. I love him. Madly and deeply. All of him, even the fucked up parts.

This book was a shot in the dark for me. I didn't really know too much about it, but I was getting a little bored with the same old characters and this seemed to have something different yet still have some elements that I enjoy.

Rockstar, fighter, athlete, CEO...repeat. Yes, I like these types of characters, but after a wh
J
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
WOW! Just Awesome!

Finally I reached out and bruised the hair from those familiar eyes, the mirror reflection of my own. You were awake. Your eyes were open. But the light was gone. There was nothing but darkness. Three years of complete emptiness.

It was time to close your eyes.

TRUTH...

The best feeling ever, finding a new Author, in this case, Authors. Falling absolutely in love with their writing and then having the pleasure to tell you all about this wonderful story.

Lili
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

This book in my mind was going be a stellar, but unfortunately everything took a turn and I lost interest!!! The only reason I tried was because of hottie Dr Chase Colton!!!

photo 37_1746_20100416162924_vogel.jpg

Dr Chase Colton is moody and bossy Doctor, and immediately has my attention! I love every single page of this book until 22% and then BAM!!! All gone!
That hot moody and bossy Doctor is gone and becomes too mushy!!! Wait, y did that?

photo tumblr_moaafoAAhX1ss4yjno1_500.gif

Well, there were enters Lili, the case manager under him. They fall in love! Everything moved
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

10 Awesome Sizzling Stars

10 Sizzling BURNING THE PAGES Hearts for Heat!!

OH where do I start? What a freaking ride! Like from the first encounter this couple exploded with chemistry. Chase reacted with such intensity to Lili ..his "Blue" . At first I was like ..does he hate her? But then BAM to the BAM (Trademarked by Tara) ..this book burned up my Kindle. This guy had it all. All my ✓ boxes! Dirty Talker? OMG like fr
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the crap out of this book Truth

The writing is great, it was heartwarming and heartbreaking. It made me laugh and cry. It is all kinds of fabulous.

Chase was... well, let's just say I saw shades of Jessie Ward in his over the top possessive alpha male "i-will-do-anything-to protect-and care-for-my-woman" attitude. He wasn't quite as over the top - but he was certainly Dr. Bossy, Dr. Possessive, and Dr. Jealous with some Dr. Playful and Dr. Sweet mixed in.

I really liked Lili too. She w
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, reviewed
4 stars

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This book started off really refreshing in a hospital setting. Moody brain surgeon Doctor Chase and Lil work together at the hospital.

The writing style grabbed me. I loved Chase pre-20%. Sierra (the BFF) gave the story some light moments and I enjoyed the hospital scenes.

You're eyes still work, right? Even if your vagina's sealed shut by now

However, I thought their relationship was on fast forward, I wanted a bit more dragged out sexual tension at the beginning. Ironically towards th
Destini Brown
*******10 stars********

Hands down, my favorite book of the year!!!!! Just....perfect!!!

It's a complete story!!! But, being the selfish biotch I am, I want more!!! You will love Chase and his Blue!
Chris- Bookaddict
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Beautifully Awake Stars

It was time to close your eyes.

Truth....Beautifully Awake is a must read by all.

These two authors did an amazing job of bringing us one hell of a debut novel. I for one can not wait for book #2 in this series.You Will love Chase and his Blue!
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 17, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: soon, top-tbr, now
Oohh, sexy doctor!! Another for my reading list!

Diagnosis: Sleep-running
Treatment: Truth
Prognosis: Beautifully Awake

Lili Porter hates the rain. Bad things happen in the rain. As a small town social worker dedicated to protecting children, she is forced to start over to escape her rural disaster. Determined to follow her father’s advice—head up and chin high—Lili finds herself in a new city, taking on a new system, this time healthcare. In doing so, she gets something she never expected, an int
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
4.5 huge stars!!

I loved this book. It was a wonderful love story. Can't wait for a book about Asher. I am sure it will be awesome.
♥Sharon♥
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 ★★★★'s❣

TRUTH loved it!

I really wasn't sure what to think when I read the prologue to this book. I felt the pain and anguish and just hoped that by the end of the book that their would be some peace.

Beautifully Awake is that type of book that may have had some flaws and some moments when I just wanted things to be a little different BUT I found too many other things that I just LOVED about it and I know you will too!

The MC's are Lili Porter and Dr. Chase Colton. AKA Dr. Sexy, Dr. Jealous, Dr. H
Ada
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
4.5 you have to wait and see STARS

Paging ALL readers! Paging ALL readers! Your attendance is wanted in the OR. Please leave your panties at the door. Dr. P is gonna begin melting your panties blowing you away (no pun intended :P )

LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

For all those who write the synopsis of a romance novel: ALAWAYS include something about the male character. ALWAYS!!!

This book was a great surprise, I kinda was in the mood for a HAWT doctor, and boy, did I get one... or three. Dr. Chase Colton is t
Lea ★
Oh, I am so happy I discovered Riley Mackenzie's books.
After Abruption I had to get my hands on their other works, and they nailed it again!
I think I will probably write more detailed review tomorrow when I sort out my feelings... but this was amazeballs!
Riley Mackenzie
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
We are biased :)
Indy
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been giving some more thought to rationalizing my rating system having read so many good books, what makes a 5 star read? Here are my must haves and how they relate to this amazing debut novel:

- Memorable dialog: From sweet, "Baby, I want to sleep with you. This isn't about sex. This is about sleeping...with you...in our bed, just sleeping, no talking. Just silence, me listening to your soft breaths. That's truth."

To sexy, "Baby, look at me. Don't you fucking dare be embarrassed. Not with
Shay
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize there was a sequel so when the book ended with unanswered questions (what was the point of the "epilogue"?), I was a bit confused and slightly annoyed. Thankfully we get more and I don't have to riot in the streets. Other than a few overly dramatic cheesy declarations of love that had me rolling my eyes, the story was really good. Chase was yummy enough for me to overlook that, anyway. I was bummed about the reactions and how things were handled when secrets were revealed. I don ...more
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs

***4 Beautiful Stars****

Broken Souls, Finding Love and TRUTH.

Colton Chase

Sweet Jesus.....Dr Smokin Hot Neurosurgeon Chase Colton didn't disappoint Bossy, Possessive, Compassionate, Dominant, Sexy As Hell.

Lili Porter "Blue"

Ohhh the shower scene was the Hottest. Fucking. Moment. Ever.

Loved all the characters especially Blue's best friend Sierra "Asspuk" what a scream.

Overall good debut novel from 2 authors Riley Mackenzie, really enjoyable read....great story and plenty of sexy time.

Jenny081195
Dr Crazy Dr Pompous

->DR CHASE COLTON

Fuckin 40
Alissa Evanson- A is for Alpha B is for Books
Amazing Amazing Amazing. There aren't enough words to describe my love for this book! I was soooo happy I finally read it. One of my all time favorites and Riley Mackenzie just earned a place on my Must Read Author shelf because this is brilliant.
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews | Find Me on Facebook

Beautifully Awake started off one way and turned into a hot, sexy, erotic read. The majority of the book is written in the point of view of Lil; a 27 year-old case manager at a Philadelphia hospital. She comes from a small town and has a sorry for an excuse of an ex boyfriend she doesn’t even want to think about. She has not let herself open up to anyone since her break up three years ago and focuses on her career. She is power driven woman and I really
Harriet ~ bookworm
3.5 STARS!!!!

I absolutely LOVED reading this with my beautiful book buddies Daisy and Ami.. ❤❤❤

The beginning of this book was so good, I loved that it was based in a hospital as I have never read a book like that before and I found DR. Colton so moody and HOT, was a bonus he was a brain surgeon phewyyy!

He was so off and rude to Lili at the beginning and I couldn't help but love him.. The sexual tension was on fire, then BAM around the 12% mark he turned into this soppy guy who was just too nice
Stephanie*
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, what a great debut novel!! Loved all the characters in this book, but especially loved me some Dr. Gorgeous, Crazy, Stubborn, Possessive, Handsome, you choose the title, they're all very fitting! This book had the perfect amount of sweet and sexy! Overall, this book was just perfect! LOVED IT!! Next up is sexy, green-eyed Asher.... definitely swooning & waiting...impatiently I might add! :)
Pamela
Three Chicks
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 heartbreaking earth shattering pain in my chest stars!!!
Review by Natasha Gentile

(while writing this I’m listening to how to save a life…you’ll get why)

So you start off this book about Lili..Social worker extraordinaire. She has just moved to Philadelphia to become a case manager. Fresh start..

New service, new residents, new intern and a brand new attending.

How bad can it be…BAD…HORRIBLE..UNIMAGINABLE..Her new attending..total freaking asshole..total freaking good looking asshole..total f*cki
Judy
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Lili and Chase's story was beautiful.
This story had me laughing, swooning, laughing again and crying! Not necessarily tissue after tissue, but definitely tear worthy.

"raw and explosive one minute, to tender and loving the next"

that is a very fitting description taken right from the story itself!

Lili is a sweet, beautiful girl living a ho hum life. She is "sleep running" as she calls it. She suffered a great tragedy and is now simply existing, rather than living... that is until the
  • Bishop's Angel
  • Captured in Croatia
  • Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
  • Summer's Desire
  • Phoenix
  • Ripping Pages
  • The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)
  • Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • Remembering Joy (Joy, #1)
  • Gargoyle Addiction (Otherworlds Summons, #1)
  • Passion (Passion, #1)
  • A Home For Christmas
  • Fire and Ice (Guardians, #1)
  • Live-In-Position
  • A Fighting Chance (Running Into Love, #4)
  • Lie to Me (Redemption, #1)
  • Learning to Live (Learning, #1)
  • Discovering Lucy
Riley Mackenzie~Authors

Yep. That's an “s.” There are two of us!
We’re East coast girls separated by Long Island Sound who met in Physician Assistant School and have been besties ever since. We can safely say that thirteen miles of water does not get in the way because we talk or text, no exaggeration, at least 150 times a day. No, really, we do—about everything and nothing. Shockingly, we never (we
More about Riley Mackenzie

Beautifully Awake (2 books)
  • Beautifully Done (Beautifully Awake, #2)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
“I'm tired of living my life like a bad movie.” 0 likes