Start by marking “After the Fall (Tucker Springs, #6)” as Want to Read:
After the Fall (Tucker Springs, #6)

After the Fall

(Tucker Springs #6)

The trails around Tucker Springs, Colorado, are perfect for horseback riding, and Nathan finally has the horse he’s been saving to buy for years. So it just figures that the first day he takes Tsarina out for a ride, some guy on a motorcycle spooks her and she throws him, leaving him with two broken limbs and no chance of enjoying the trails for the rest of the summer.

Mech
ebook, 1st edition, 202 pages
Published October 7th 2013 by Riptide Publishing (first published October 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about After the Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Fall

Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

I have only read one other story in the Tucker Springs collection but that wasn't a problem at all, this was definitely able to be read as a standalone.

Now, I don't ride and know next to nothing about horses, but from the first page of this story I could feel Nathan's love and excitement for his horse.
Since it is told from Nathan's pov I felt excited along with him, finally after all his hard work and saving he has his beloved Tsarina and is on his first ride on the trail...then his world
Heather C

Another great story from Tucker Springs.

Nathan's dream has finally come true:  he is now the proud owner of a shiny new horse, Tsarina.  Then, after his first day taking her out on the trails, he is left with a broken leg (Ryan's fault) and a broken hand (Nathan's fault) and a horse with no one to ride her for the entire summer...until Ryan, a lonely, wanderer who never stays in one place for long, offers him a deal.

You may remember Nathan since he's been around from the very beginning as Mike's
Trisha Harrington
Okay, so something people should know, I have only read books 3, 4 & 5 in this series before this one. Books 1 & 2 I have not read. So I read these books not knowing the original story. That being said, the series is decent. I adored book 4. Seriously, it's my favourite in the series. And this one, book 6, is good. I mean, there's nothing really wrong with the story and I did enjoy it. But my rating is a weak(ish) four stars because I did find myself enjoying the book.

Nathan and Ryan sta
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

I'm a fan of the Tucker Springs series. I'm in love with the place and the people. Book 6 is Nathan's story (it's about time!) and I couldn't wait to read about his peppy and sometimes snarky ass. I've been interested in his character from book 1.

I really liked this book. The slow burn/friends-to-lovers story was heartwarming. I loved both Nathan and Ryan and enjoyed watching their relationship develop. Their story was a little angsty and a lot romantic. Yum!

Bottom line: Yet another re
Debra
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
This installment of Tucker Springs was a bit of a disappointment for me. I didn't get emotionally invested in the romance and I found both Nathan and Ryan boring.

There was a good start and a slow build where the two become friends before any romantic involvement. Ryan is a drifter and Nathan has been burned one too many times so neither is looking for a relationship. For me, it felt like I was being told how good they were together, but I never actually saw it. The story is told from Nathan's P
Annery
***2.75***

In which Nathan, Mike's receptionist from Where Nerves End takes us on an extended tour of Tucker Springs visiting with other characters from the series. It's not painful per se but ... it also doesn't make a romance.

Nathan and Ryan meet after an accident on the trails. Nathan is on horseback and Ryan on a bike. Needless to say Nathan doesn't come out on top. One broken leg and hand later and Ryan is exercising Nathan's horse as a bit of atonement. It turns out that Nathan needs help
Gigi
This was a sweet, low angst love story that had a very slow start but pulled out all the stops and ended on a beautiful, romantic note and left me very happy and satisfied.

I have not read all of the Tucker Springs series yet, so I know for a fact that you do not need to have read all of them to understand this book. There are a few characters in this book from the other books in the series, but they are merely mentioned and very minor. The blurb is perfectly accurate so you know exactly what you
Tina
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

Finally we're getting Nathan's (Mike's receptionist) story. He's such a sweetheart, I loved him in the previous books.

Nathan has finally managed to buy the horse of his dreams, the beautiful Trakehner Tsarina. But on their very first ride a biker scares Tsarina into bolting and leaving Nathan with a broken leg, a broken hand, and a ruined summer.

Ryan is a nomad, a loner. He's content with working odd jobs before moving on to the next town. Feeling guilty for causing the accident, Ryan offers to
Simon
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the Tucker Springs series, I think there's only one I haven't read and for some reason that particular novel doesn't appeal in the slightest. (No doubt I will read it eventually as I love the series).
So....all the novels are stand-alone and can be read in any order. The really nice touch here though is that characters from previous novels, written by differing authors, make guest appearances in other novels, so we never lose touch. Nathan, one of the two main characters in "After the Fall
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

LA Witt is a fine writer and this is a well written book in a very good series. Witt does an especially good job with how Nathan fools himself and protects himself.

However, I am disappointed in this book overall as I was so looking forward to Nathan's book from reading the other books in the series. He seems really diminished somehow here and less himself than in other books. So, the love story loses its shine as well for me though it is enjoyable.
Sandra
The latest installment in the Tucker Springs series didn't disappoint, even though I wished it had been longer.

This is Nathan's book. You'll remember Nathan from previous books in the series, working as a receptionist for Mike (from book 1) in the acupuncture clinic.

Nathan has just bought himself a horse. A young Trakehner mare (if you're not familiar with the breed, google it and weep with envy - it's one of the most prestigious breeds available) named Tsarina (yes, there's a reason for the nam
MLE
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle-archive, mm
I received this book as an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Another really good installment in the Tucker Springs novels. I really liked the characters, and the romance in this one. They had a nice balance, and I liked that they took the time to get to know each other before they slept together, and before any of the I love yous start. It made it feel like a much stronger, and more genuine connection for that. I liked the sweet, and fairly uncomplicated nature of the romanc
Ije the Devourer of Books
Not my favourite in the series.

This story has an interesting context - a motorcycling roamer and a horse riding receptionist, but the story didnt really grip me as the other books did. I found this one to be a little boring. I think the series so far has been really high calibre but the characters here are pretty run of the mill.

Having said this it is still a nice story with appearances from some of the characters from earlier books. It is a nice steady romance, not gripping but still good.
Ricardo
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars

It was okay
Christy
I was thrilled when I found out there would be a sixth book in the incomparable 'Tucker Springs' series. This series has been written by three different authors and I have loved each installment. I couldn't wait to jump back into the town, and its characters, plus the description of 'After the Fall' grabbed me as I'm not sure I've ever gotten over wanting to own a horse. Yep, that twelve-year old girl is still pouting inside me. Plus, I'd been waiting for Nathan's story ever since he appeared in ...more
Nic
Once again it was nice to return to Tucker Springs, the town that has seen the start of some wonderful relationships. After The Fall is the story of Nathan and Ryan who meet after Ryan rides his motorbike into the path of Nathan's horse, causing Nathan to fall and be injured. Instead of Nathan spending his summer riding the horse he has dreamed about and saved for, he finds himself falling for the man of his dreams - literally!

Ryan is the ultimate nice guy. From their first meeting, in less than
Shirley Frances
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nathan has always been reluctant to accept help and now that he finds himself needing help, he can't help but be frustrated by it. But that's not the only thing that frustrates him. There's also his sudden attraction to Ryan, especially when he watches him riding his horse. All of a sudden, spending time with Ryan and having him help Nathan is not as problematic as admitting that there's definitely something more developing between them. But stubborn as ever, Nathan would rather deny it that ope ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

AFTER THE FALL is a sweet, funny and charming story set in Tucker Springs. Nathan has just fulfilled his dreams and has acquired Tsarina, the horse of his dreams and is taking her out for some exercise when a crazy motorcyclist scares the poor horse to death and she falls, landing straight on top of Nathan. In pain and pissed off is not a good combination for Nathan because when the motorcyclist comes to help him, he gets a punch in the face that is hard enough to draw blood.

The accident, howev
Amanda
I received an ARC copy of this book from the publisher for review.

I wanted to like this book a lot more than I actually did. I love hurt/comfort themes, and any book involving horses usually rates high on my list. But here's the thing: I was bored.

The beginning was great and the set up to this romance was interesting. I thought I was going to remain interested through the whole thing and finish the book with some amount of satisfaction. After the first few chapters, though, I realized that I was
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
The beginning of this story was very captivating and I was hooked on both MCs right out of the gate. The whole thing with the horse, the injury and so on was on point. Then they started to have sex and that was the end of the story-building and the beginning of an erotic read. That's pretty much all that happened sex, sex, talk, sex, talk, sex, story over. There are so many places Witt could have taken us, color me sad. I'm spoiled by the past installments in this series I've been fulfilled by ...more
I love this series! The setting is so well-described and it makes me want to venture out to Colorado. I had been intrigued by Nathan since his first appearance and loved how he was developed. And Ryan was just so sweet and surprising in his temperament. I thought they made an adorable couple and it was fun to see them move on from the accident into close friendship. As always, I enjoyed the cameos of other Tucker Springs residents, particularly Owen and Seth. I hope we get more of this series so ...more
Kelle
Nov 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
ARC received courtesy of Riptide Publishing via NetGalley

3.5 starts

This was a well written, cute story. For me personally I like a little more angst. A little slow to start but not a bad story. Would I recommend it? Sure if you are looking for something to make you feel good, this is the story for you. If you are looking for something with a good dose of drama then I'd save this for a day when you need something to cheer you up.

clear skies
Oct 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
Boring.
Sophia
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This one was an automatic pick-up because I have come to really love this series and if that weren't the case, just the fact that I knew it had to do with horses was a big draw.

Each book typically has a different author and there is only a loose connection to other books in the series along with the fact that the backdrop is Tucker Springs. Books can be read as a stand alone. I can trust that each set of heroes will have some sort of personal flaw that they need to overcome, but that's about al
piranha
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars, rounded up because even at her worst LA witt doesn't write execrable shite.

and, sad to say, this is pretty much LA witt at her worst IMO.

first off, nathan doesn't feel at all like the nathan we met in prior books as a secondary character. ok, authors changed, that can happen. i pretended he was some other nathan.

this nathan was really into horses. he'd dreamed and saved and finally bought his own trakehner (major envy here). i liked this nathan, there was something to get attached to
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Riptide Publishing via NetGalley

I am such a huge fan of the Tucker Springs novels and was super excited to finally get Nathan's story.

With this story it was not as emotionally charged as some of the other Tucker Spring novels but it was still a sweet story about love when you least expect it.

For Nathan he as burned a couple of times from love so he guards his heart.

After an unfortunate accident he learns to rely on his new friend Ryan. For Ryan instead of guar
L-D
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
About 3.5 stars. This is a very cute story. It's listed as 200 pages in the description but it only came out to about 140 in my nook so I listed it as a novella. The Tucker Springs series is not my favorite. It hasn't captured me like some of the other series out there, but it is solid and I like most of the characters.

Nathan is the receptionist at Mike the acupuncturist's business from the first book in this series. After saving up for years, he is finally able to buy a horse but Tsarina is sp
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) by: Christine
It's been a while since I read the other books in this series but I remembered the guys so that has to say something about it, right! I enjoyed this book but I didn't love it and that's ok. I had fun with it anyway.
#readin2017
K
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I've enjoyed all the books in this series so far but this one fell a bit flat. I think mainly because I had a major credibility issue with someone in a whole leg cast, and an arm cast, managing to get up and down six flights of stairs, even with a crutch and someone to help, on an almost daily basis very shortly after the accident. The book was very centered on Nathan as the narrator of the story, and we only get to know Ryan through him, I found some of Ryan's actions told this way to be jarrin ...more
Pjm12
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh, I just wanted more more more.

There is a lovely story here. The two main characters don't jump in too deep, which reflects one cautious nature (Ryan) and one bad case of past relationships (Nathan). Their connection is strong, and Nathan's stubborn pride nearly cost them.

Mike, Jason and Owen offer glimpses from previous Tucker Springs novels, and the new additions are Jeff and Brad. I wanted to know more about them but I guess their story is on the horizon.

This is completely from Nathan's vi
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Never a Hero (Tucker Springs, #5)
  • Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #4)
  • Dirty Laundry (Tucker Springs, #3)
  • Illumination
  • Long the Mile
  • The Laird's Forbidden Lover
  • An Inch at a Time (The Professor's Rule #2)
  • O Come All Ye Kinky
  • If It Drives (Market Garden #7)
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • Flawless (Irresistible Attraction, #4)
  • Lost and Found
  • How I Met Your Father
  • Fragile Bond
  • Pickup Men (Pickup Men, #1)
  • Once a Brat (Kinky Cupid, #1)
L.A. Witt and her husband have been exiled from Spain and sent to live in Maine because rhymes are fun. She now divides her time between writing, assuring people she is aware that Maine is cold, wondering where to put her next tattoo, and trying to reason with a surly Maine coon. Rumor has it her arch nemesis, Lauren Gallagher, is also somewhere in the wilds of New England, which is why L.A. is al ...more

Tucker Springs (7 books)
  • Where Nerves End (Tucker Springs #1)
  • Second Hand (Tucker Springs, #2)
  • Dirty Laundry (Tucker Springs, #3)
  • Covet Thy Neighbor (Tucker Springs, #4)
  • Never a Hero (Tucker Springs, #5)
  • It's Complicated (Tucker Springs, #7)