Start by marking “Catch My Fall (Catch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Catch My Fall (Catch, #1)

Catch My Fall

(Catch #1)

Mia Reeves faith, trust and sense of security were all taken away in the blink of an eye. In need of a fresh start, she settles into a new town and begins to make a new life.

Tristan Chamberlain has always kept girls at arm's length and he has no intention of changing. He’s caring, smart, handsome, but he’s also dealing with a lifetime of guilt that’s slowly but surely de
Published October 10th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Catch My Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch My Fall

Start your review of Catch My Fall (Catch, #1)
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5-4 Hot and Cold stars!!

Tristan

description

Mia

description

I really, really enjoyed this story. I also really, really disliked it. This was one of the times I did not write a review immediately after I finished the book. I needed to think about what I read and process not just how it made me feel, but all other aspects like plot, writing style, and characters that set my final rating between 3.5-4 stars.

What I liked :

-Writing style: fluent, poignant, and passionate. One of the reasons why I could.not.stop.reading.
- Secondary characters. Darby and Trace rocked the house.
- Plot:stars.
stars!!
Tessa Teevan
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: definite-reread
This was my first read by Ella Fox and it definitely will not be my last. From the very beginning I was pulled in and I knew I was reading something special. I was an emotional trainwreck while reading this, alternating between laughing, crying, swooning, and bawling my eyes out to hard that I couldn't see my Kindle anymore. The main characters were two of my favorites, and the side characters were fantastic additionts to the story and I can't wait for more books in the series!

The prologue alon
Talltree
Mar 21, 2015 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
Shay
Oct 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: never-read-again, own, na
Any book that gets skimmed more than 30% gets a 1-star. Oh, and books that I want to DNF at 37%, 50%, and 78% deserves 1 star. (But I HATE not finishing a book so I plowed through. How, you ask? I skimmed the shit out of it.)

1. Juvenile writing.
2. Forced angst.
3. Unrealistic plot development.
4. The sub-plot was more interesting and angsty than the primary plot.
5. RIDICULOUS dialogue and character interaction: (view spoiler) ...more
Anna
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Get it on:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**ARC received in exchange for an honest review**

Blog Tour Oct 15- Oct 23

Get it on:

Blog Tour Oct 15- Oct 23

Catch My Fall is a story of redefining yourself, making life choices and the unquenchable need of love, trust and frienship.
The story not only breaks your heart a little but makes you wonder about the consequences our choices bring, even the smallest ones.

Mia and Tristan are both college students with somewhat harsh experiences.
They manage to go through everyday life with two totally different attitudes but as it goes with differences, they bring people together.

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much" Hellen Keller

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction" Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I'd recommend this book to all fans of Beatiful Disaster or Fear of Falling.

Teaser:
The two of us huddled together over the table as we turned all of the pieces right side up and separated out all of the border pieces. From time to time our arms brush together, something that was I enjoying far too much. He smelled amazing, so good that it made me ache to touch a lot more than just his arm.
Our heads were close together in our position over the table and it was making me a little (okay, a lot) crazy to be so close to him. I wasn’t focusing on the puzzle at all and my hands had stopped trying to assemble the border. Turning his head to me, he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. We were eye to eye staring at each other, the silence trapped between us.
I saw him leaning closer as his hands came up to cup my face, and I didn’t pull away or try to stop him. For the first time in my entire life, I really, really wanted to be kissed. It’s not like I’ve never been kissed before; clearly I have. But when you’re the child of someone who got pregnant in high school, you get a lot of safety lectures. Add to that the fact that my father has never missed an opportunity to espouse what a selfish and manipulative person my mother is for ‘trapping’ him and what a ‘burden’ her ‘tricks’ had been for him and I think it’s clear to see why I steered away from intimacy in high school like it was my job.
Tristan’s lips covered mine gently as he started softly before deepening the kiss. When we turned to face each other fully, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and ran my fingers through his hair. He tasted better than I could ever have imagined, and he kissed me like he had a cheat-sheet for what would make me feel the best. I’ve never been kissed so passionately, or held as if I really matter to someone. Tristan cradled me in his arms like I was precious to him.
We pulled apart at the same time a few minutes later, and because he didn’t let me go, I didn’t let him go, either. We stared at each other in silence for a few moments, and I smiled shyly at him, even as I felt a blush steal across from my face.
He smiled back at me as he continued to stare at me with a look of confusion as the seconds passed before he spoke. “Holy Hell Mia… You make me feel… I don’t even know. Different?”
That’s like the pot calling the kettle black. The way I feel around Tristan is entirely new. “Right back at you,” I said quietly.

Short Playlist:

Black Eyed - Placebo
The Fitted Shirt - Spoon
Right As Rain - Adele
Cold Shoulder - Adele
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, shed a few tears in the process but it was a beautiful story. Two broken people that ended up saving each other. I can't wait to dive into book 2. (full review to come)
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 stars.
Arc provided by author in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed Mia (MiMi) and Tristan's (Stan) story.

Mia escapes a traumatic experience, a neglectful bastard of a father, and a terrible stepbrother, and begins her new life in a new town, attending college. It is where she meets a very handsome, sexy Tristan, who holds secrets in his past as well. Their love story is sweet, despite all the sadness that has tainted both of their lives. I felt heartbroken and t
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 16, 2013 marked it as considering
Cover Reveal! I'm all about this cover and blurb. I can't wait to read this one!

Mia Reeve’s faith, trust and sense of security were all taken away in the blink of an eye. In need of a fresh start, she settles into a new town and begins to make a new life.

Tristan Chamberlain has always kept girls at arms length and he has no intention of changing. He’s caring, smart, handsome, but he’s also dealing with a lifetime of guilt that’s slowly but surely de
K. Webster
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this book! Ella Fox had me at hello with The Hart series. I couldn't get enough of those characters! Now, she's made me fall in love with all of these new characters and I can't wait for the books to follow. This story was about healing and love after traumatizing pasts. It was written beautifully and unravelled with perfect timing. I literally devoured this book....in fact, I'm functioning horribly today from lack of sleep! Who needs sleep when you can immerse yourself into one ...more
Trish Mint
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ella Fox is one of my favorite authors, so from the start, her prologue just blew me the hell away!! And that’s how she starts it off. All freaking angsty…

So here we go, on another whirlwind that Ella takes us on with Catch My Fall. We start off with Mia Reeves. She is a college freshman, enrolling in a school nowhere near her hometown; on purpose of course. She needs a fresh start and does NOT want to be around anybody she knows. I wonder why? Insert totally fucking cool roommate Darby. I love these two
~Dawn~TUG
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
**ARC kindly received from author in exchange for an honest review by the girls and I at www.sizzlingpages.com **

Loved it..full review to follow!

4-4.5 Bad Boy Turned Good Stars

This disclaimer/warning is different than most and goes out to my girls..this is not a bam bam book..It is a YA/NA survivor story on both parts of the lead characters.
[image error] photo sorta_zpsf8d5b139.jpg

Tristan Chamberlain
4-4.5
Midian Sosa
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I got lucky enough to Beta Read this awesome book.

As I said before, this is the best YA book I’ve read in a long time.

This is Ella’s first YA book and as usual, she nailed it, I loved it! She has the ability to create strong characters and stories that pull you in, you can't help but relate to them, to feel for them, and that is one skill every author should possess.

Blurb:

Mia Reeve’s faith, trust and sense of security were all taken away in the blink of an eye. In/>Mia/> ...more
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
While I applaud the author for bringing more awareness to sexual assault, I just had sooooo many problems with this book. Here are the main ones:

1) The nicknames Stan (made me think of Dorothy's ex-husband on Golden Girls) and Mimi (made me think of the crazy makeup lady from The Drew Carey Show) were awful.

2) The slut-shaming. I guess it's ok for guys to be manwhores (because they have a heart of gold, of course), but not girls. They're just horrible tramps with no redee
Jos
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Stuck between 3-4 Stars

OK, I am a fan of Ella Fox's and always will be but this book left me in a quandary, lol. What I really loved was Mia and yes, I ended up loving Tristan too but at the start, hmmmm, I wasn't so sure. The biggest turn-off for me was the whole Tiffany revelation that came out at the pool hall, yeah, that really turned me off and after that I had a hard time to get completely on board not just with Tristan but Trace too! My heart BROKE for Darby and hurt for Mia, too but oh
TeriLyn
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Catch My Fall is the story of Mia and Tristan. A new adult story about two broken souls walking scared through life because of their brutal pasts. When they meet there's an uncanny connection neither can ignore. It's a sweet story and I enjoyed the friendship of Tristan and Mia's relationship. They worked hard to preserve the friendship they both cherished while navigating stronger feelings. The secondary characters, Darby especially, provided extra layers to the story as well. I gave the book t ...more
Marulett
This book is AMAZING, AWESOME, SPECTACULAR, STELLAR, OVER THE TOP AWESOME! It is this kind of books that you regret that we only have 1 to 5 stars rating, if I could I would give it a thousand stars!! (yes its that awesome)

So, this is story of Mia. She has a troubled past with walls Everest high around her until Tristan comes along...

They meet in class and the rest is history. Its a pretty intense book due to the MCs back stories, but every turn
Tongan Book Lover
Quite a surprising read

Pretty average read. I liked the characters and the storyline but I felt like something was missing. The story needed more but I did appreciate some of the twists and the relationship between the characters. Could’ve been better.
CeCe
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
There are certain NA books that I seek out. The heroine has to be likeable with a past and the hero has to a bad boy with a tortured past. Okay, I cannot get enough of these books. Books like Catch My Fall.

Mia Reeves chose a college 5 hours away from home so she could escape her town where she experienced something horrific. It was horrific. Certain parts were hard for me to read. Tristan Chamberlain also has a past, one that he keeps to himself and lets sit deep inside him. Tristan is a Malore
Anne OK
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
First time read by this author. This is a book I've had on my "TBR" list since it was released in late 2013. I don't know how I let it slip through my fingers for so long -- but noting that the second installment hasn't yet been released, it may have been a good slip on my part.

Bianca
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 SUGAR COATED STARS
ARC kindly provided by author...
Release Date October 13th

Bring on Trace and Darby's story! <3
Karen
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shockingly good story. I had a truth come at me when I realized that good can come in spite of evil. I wrestle with abortion issues (there is not abortion in this story but there is rape, hence my struggle) still but Ella Fox shows us that good comes despite evil when there is love.

There is a trigger for those who don't care for a rape scene even if done with sensitivity (if that is entirely possible). It's still brutal to read.

My favorite Ella Fox.
Coco.V
Jun 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/10/2019)! 🎁
YaYa
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know I've been talking to Ella on Twitter for months now. We have the best naughty conversations #TwitterAfterDark. I promised myself that I needed to read all the books I kept pushing back in 2014. So I chose 10 books I wanted to knock out my Kindle. This one was one of them. I would also like to say that not once did Ella push me into reading it. Why Ella? Why? I now give you permission to say: "B, read my shit!!"

I would like to start off by saying: FINALLY. A broken soul, Mia
~Steph K~

This was definitely a heart wrenching story at times - Mia's and Macy's story is one that will break your heart, as will Tristan's and Trace's - but along with Darby and their families you will be inspired by the strength all of them have as they face their past and look forward to a better future. It's not all drama though, there are plenty of moments to make you smile with "Stan and Mimi" -
starsaga
2.5 stars, this was sweet but more of a set up for further books.
I liked this story, it was alright. But nothing memorable. I still like this author's voice and look forward to more from her, but I think this book should have been developed more fully into the present rather than a narrative of the terrible pasts that Tristan and Mia had endured and survived. Also, it seemed to be more of a setup for further stories about the people mentioned in this one.
Melissa
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
one of the best books I've read in a long time!! Can't wait for the conclusion!!!
Christina Gobin

Source: via tour host
Review Date: October 10th 2013
Overall Rating: 5 STARS

Review:
Ella Fox does it again by making characters that you absolutely fall in love with. Mia Reeves is starting her freshman year of college far away from, just the way she wanted.
EMILY
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
DISCLAIMER TO MY FELLOW GOODREADER
This review is my personal opinion and may contain: spoilers, quotes, rants, cussing (sometimes I cannot help myself) and a possible full on recap. I in no way want to ruin anyone’s book reading experience so please read my words with caution.

Holy crap I love Ella Fox!

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

I feel like a detective sleuthing for every tiny clue about what in the hell happened to this girl, Mia/>This
Nikki
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ARC Was Given To Blog For An Honest Review

I have read many of Ella Fox’s books, my favorite being the Hart series. This was very different from those. I mean that in a very good way. I will warn you that real life issues of rape are in this book and there is some explicit description so if you can’t stomach that type of thing, this may not be the book for you.

Mia is the main girl in this book and her best friend is Macy. The two of them go through something horrific toget
Dena
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books I knew I would love so I wasn't in a rush to read it since I was saving it for a time when I needed something amazing. Yep, I'm glad I waited! This was AMAZE-BALLS!

Mia wants to start a whole new life in a new place, what better way than going away to College in a new town? She wants to escape her past and try her best to live a normal life. Mia has a new roommate named Darby. Darby is fun, wild and adventurous. Nobody screws with Darby and Mia is thankful
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Chasing Perfect (Someday, #4)
  • Troubles (Beekman Hills, #1)
  • Pretty Daring  (Jaded, #2)
  • Summer Heat (Wild Pitch, #1)
  • Forbidden Crown (Princes of Avce #1)
  • The Secret Son (Starr Brothers of Montana, #1; Secrets of Cherry Lake, #2)
  • Just Roll With It (A Perfect Dish Book 4)
  • Depths of Lake (The McCain Saga, #3)
  • Inferno of Love (Firefighters of Long Valley, #2)
  • Chasing Fate (Fate, #5)
  • Mr. Pink (The Case Brothers, #1)
  • Rock Hard (Diamond Girls #1)
  • Twice Shy (The Power of Love, #1)
  • Let Me Fall (Let Me, #5)
  • Smolder (Firefighters of Montana, #1)
  • Love Me (Coopers Creek #1)
  • On the Market (The Ballard Brothers of Darling Bay, #1)
  • Almost Never
USA Today Bestselling Author Ella Fox has learned a bunch of stuff along the way but the most important of all those things is that anything is possible when you try. In 2012 she took a big leap of faith and published her first book, Broken Hart. Once that happened, her entire life changed.

Ella's favorite things are music, movies, traveling, and, of course, reading. This isn't a surpri

Catch (2 books)
  • Catch and Release (Catch, #2)
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Ernest Hemingway” 1 likes