Start by marking “Kiss Collector” as Want to Read:
Kiss Collector

Kiss Collector

When seventeen-year-old Zae Monroe gets cheated on by the only guy she’s ever loved, then watches her parents' marriage crumble, she decides to forget about relationships and turn the tables on the boys of the world. It’s time to take what she wants, and what she wants are kisses. Athletes, musicians, poets, and bad boys—their lips are all on her agenda, and it's time to c ...more
Published December 18th 2018 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Collector, please sign up.
Emily Taylor . . . Why wouldn't it? It's a signed deal. So, yes.

Wendy Higgins
May 25, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
BAM.
My very first full length contemporary romance novel! It made me cry much more than I anticipated. Lots of the issues were close to my heart--things I dealt with as a teen.
I hope you love Zae and enjoy her journey from young adult to adult as much as I did. Smooches!!

Lola
‘‘Enough! No more relationships. Men are incapable of being faithful and I shall not let my heart be destroyed by them once more!’’

Is what Zae is thinking as she is planning a kiss competition with her best girlfriends to see who can collect the most kisses. Except, not in those exact words, because my creative mind has missed a few days of work due to laziness and now it’s working overtime.

You see, her boyfriend, with whom she was madly in love (or so she thought), cheated on her. And her fath
Candace Robinson
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m super picky when it comes to contemporary, but I loved this one! Zae was relatable in her struggles. It took me back to high school...loving your friends, sometimes being jealous of them. But no matter what, you had each others’ backs. Also the book had boys, a lot of boys! Especially one particular cute one! The poem moments were sweet, and I seriously adored the ending!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
So freaking unbelievably good. Review to come closer to release date.

**EDITED TO ADD REVIEW*
4.5 Stars!
The Kiss Collector is so much more than your average YA contemporary. So much more.

It is emotional and honest and a bit raw. It has diversity and real life problems but most importantly, it's empowering. It's all about family and friends and being supportive of one another, in short, girl power in almost every sense of the phrase.

It truly is an amazing read that I just can't praise enough. I lo
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Two things:
1.Just an FYI to anyone who received an arc. The author posted this note: *Update* If you're reading an ARC of KC, we are aware of the "extra-s" copy editing glitch before every ellipses. So sorry!! It will be fixed before the final book publishes.

I wish that I had known this before reading this book as it honestly never even remotely occurred to me that this was a typo. Some of the characters are a bit "ghetto" and I thought that the author was using slang. And it drove me crazy! I'm
Stacee
DNF at 18%

I’m not entirely sure why I requested this one, because when I read the synopsis before starting it, it didn’t sound like something I would read. However, it had a lot of high reviews, so I was hopeful.

Zae has a lot of potential. I love the idea that she’s going to take something back for herself. Sadly, I couldn’t settle into her inner monologue. She sounds much younger than her age.

Plot wise...I don’t know. The small bit I did read was drama filled and the first chapter was absolute
Bitchin' Reads
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my darn silly heart warming at all the happiness at the end of this book. This is exactly what I needed to get out of my reading slump.
Tara
Sep 14, 2013 marked it as considering-reading
A new book by Wendy Higgins?!!!1?!???!?!!!?

And I like the sound of that title ;))))

Edit 19/5/17: So it seems we have a blurb and this will be a contemporary romance. My body is ready.
Cristina
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
For 80% of the book, I thought this book was a 3 stars worth book. For the last 20% it was a 5 stars worth book. Making a balance, I think this book deserves 3.5 stars-4 stars. Can’t decide. 🤔
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Seventeen-year-old Zae Monroe has had it with relationships. Between getting cheated on by the only guy she’s ever loved and watching her parents’ marriage crumble, she decides to turn the tables and take what she wants, and what she wants are kisses. Athletes, musicians, poets, bad boys—their lips are all on her agenda, and it’s time to collect.

For the longest time, men have been categorized as cheaters and douchebags. There are Twitter
Katie McGarry
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!
Susan's Reviews
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this fun story about a girl who decides to meet boys (after a terrible break up) on her own terms. Zae is an upbeat, popular, fun high school student who has a secret admirer who puts poems in her locker. I really enjoyed all of the poems.
(Spoiler Alert: Now, I don't want to give out too many spoilers here, but one piece of dialogue still lingers in my mind - I've deliberately omitted the speakers' names to avoid revealing too much:)

"Is it stupid that I'm scared to dream? That I feel s
Samantha (WLABB)
After finding her boyfriend with another girl and finding out her dad left the family for another woman, Zae's faith in love was pretty weak. Her revenge on the institution was to kiss and walk away from as many boys as possible during spring break. To make it even more fun, she challenged her three best friends to do the same, and though it was amusing at first, things got complicated quick once emotions played a part.

• Pro: This book surprised me in a good way. I will admit I struggled a littl
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-2019
4.5 Stars

Finally! A freaking book that looks down on drugs. I was so nervous when right off the bat, we get to talking about weed and drinking. I love Wendy Higgins but I do have my three strikes rule and I was scared that was where this was going. But no! It's all looked down on by our MC and I loved that so much. I can't even say how great this was. I'm so tired of drinking, drugs, smoking and the like being seen as something that's okay and in some cases being praised in YA books. I don't kn
Debra Elsner
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kiss Collector was a cute book; a perfect read right after a "heavy" book. Zae just broke up with her boyfriend and is having family difficulties at home. This affects her deeply and not trusting the men of the species, decides to have a kissing game with her friends; who can kiss the most guys during spring break. Zae is going through a lot emotionally, but someone is writing poems about her in English class and she is dying to know who the culprit is. She must make decisions that will guide he ...more
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.75/5

Review to come!
Thamy
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I was looking forward to this fun story, but I felt disappointed.

But for the many important themes carefully approached, I think it was still worth it.

Zae has been facing problems in all aspects of her life, her parents constantly fighting, her boyfriend cheating, even the cheerleaders tryouts may become a flunk this year. She has no idea what to do with herself when she decides to take control of things, starting with boys. That's when she and her friends start a competition to see whom will ki
Katie Olley
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wendy-higgins
What a fantastic new book, with hot guys galore
I recommend Kiss Collector - it’s worth an explore!
————————————————————

I’ll try my best to give a review that’s not biased
But I love Wendy Higgins, I hold her the highest.

She’s a wonderful author and with her talent she writes
Books I get hooked to, books full of delights

Kiss Collector is written amazingly so,
from the view of the beautiful Zae Monroe

Zae’s having some trouble at high school you see
So to help her recover, here’s her latest theory

She’
Hilda
Jan 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, romance, young-adult
This is different for me from any others I've experienced. I'm lost in the physical sensations but emotionally detached from it.

Like a guy.

And then...

Let's make it a contest to see which one of us can kiss the most boys before the end of spring break.

I should have just DNF this book. I was hate reading by the end but I wanted to know what happened. And well it all fell into place once Zae's mom told her the truth. It was like magic. Honestly, I didn't connect with any of the characters. I didn'
Kelsey
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay I’m finally able to review this one. My sister just read it after me, and through talking to her about it I was able to figure out my rating. I loved the diversity in this book. I could relate to Zae and Kenzie and I appreciated the diverse friend group. This book did trigger something in me, but it was good and I love Wendy Higgins. I appreciated the view on not going to college when everyone expects you to. I think this book will be a great read for teens.
Ceres95
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zae Monroe has been deceived and disappointed by boys, with her friends they decide to take from boys only the things they love, that is, kisses. On the other hand, her parents separate and when she discovers the reason, she is angry. She's going to try to enjoy life and the boys.
I loved Zae, she is upset about her family but is doing everything she can to protect her little brother. Her best friends are Monica, Kenzie and Lin. Zae absolutely wants to kiss Dean but eventually she will fall in l
Grace P. (gracefulreads)
3.5/5

I love Wendy's books, and I literally just read this straight through!

While this novel is filled to the brim with drama, most of the drama did not emerge between Zae’s friends but more from interacting with different guys. But, relationship drama is not the only important part of the story. Zae had to deal with many real-life issues with her family, friends, and financial situation. My favorite part of the story was Zae’s relationship with her brother because it was endearing and adorable.
Morgan Shipman
Adorable and fast YA romance. I loved the way the author let the story unfold and the MC's journey to finding herself and overcoming the familial and romantic struggles that young people are often faced with. While her methods to putting a bandaid on her hurt and betrayal were unconventional, she managed to find some semblance of peace on the other side. It was a nice storyline with an original concept. Definitely recommend!
Lissa Hawley
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: future-releases
Finally, a stay up past my bedtime book.
Misty
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I gave 5 stars. For a while I think I was just giving em out cuz I liked the book a lot, but didn't really love it, so I decided unless I absolutely loved the book I wouldn't give 5 stars. This is the first time in quite a while. This book was sooooo goood! I laughed, I cried and I was completely immeresed in every detail. It was very relatable and real. It wasn't exactly my high school experience but it certainly reminded me not only of my own but of friends that dealt w ...more
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fluffiest-fluff
I received an eARC of this through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Dudes can be the absolute worst. Zae’s boyfriend cheats on her and her parents are getting divorced because of her own father’s cheating ways. She is done being used by the male population, so she has decided to take what she wants, no strings attached. Zae and her three besties compete against each other to get the most kiss over spring break, the only rules are no falling in love and no kissing anyone’s ex. While Za
Kristia
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018, ya
A very entertaining read! Another book well done by Wendy Higgins! The Kiss Collector is a light-hearted, and self-realizing story that takes a few kisses to get to. You'll not want to *MUAH* kiss these character bye-bye by the end, you'll just want to hold on tight and never let go!
Michelle
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My full review can be found on the Epilie Aspie Chick blog!

Thank you to HarperCollins for providing the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Full disclosure: I'm in a permanent love affair with Wendy Higgins as an author. The Sweet Evil series still makes me swoon every time I think about it fondly and its oh so adorable lead couple, Anna and Kaidan. So when I saw that Wendy was taking a trip away from Fantasy lane to publish a contemporary romance book - I knew I had to get my hands on it. A
Anatea Oroz
I haven’t read a book by Wendy in years, so I was really excited when I saw this one. I had to read it immediately.

While it was sweet and fun, it wasn’t as good as Wendy’s other books. I took me a long time to get into the story and start enjoying the book. The romance was slow building and kind of made me really impatient at times.

I do wholeheartedly support the main idea behind the book. To get revenge on guys by acting exactly like them. I am really glad Zae didn’t experience any name calli
A.
Oct 18, 2015 marked it as to-read
Is this a new book?!?!?!?!

• Destroy All Monsters
  • The Arrival of Someday
  • Memento Mori
  • When the Truth Unravels
  • Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss
  • You've Got Male (Chick Flick Club Book 2)
  • Only a Breath Apart
  • Sorry For Your Loss
  • Before Now
  • The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
  • Hate Me Not (The EVE Chronicles #2)
Wendy Higgins is the USA Today and NY Times bestselling author of the SWEET EVIL series from HarperTeen, the high fantasy duology THE GREAT HUNT, her independently published Irish Fantasy SEE ME, and her indie NA science fiction UNKNOWN trilogy.
After earning a Creative Writing degree from George Mason University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford, Wendy taught high school Eng