Start by marking “Kiss Collector” as Want to Read:
Kiss Collector

Kiss Collector

When seventeen-year-old Zae Monroe gets cheated on by the only guy she’s ever loved, then watches her parents' marriage crumble, she decides to forget about relationships and turn the tables on the boys of the world. It’s time to take what she wants, and what she wants are kisses. Athletes, musicians, poets, and bad boys—their lips are all on her agenda, and it's time to c ...more
Expected publication: December 18th 2018 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Collector, please sign up.
Emily Taylor . . . Why wouldn't it? It's a signed deal. So, yes.

Wendy Higgins
May 25, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
BAM.
My very first full length contemporary romance novel! It made me cry much more than I anticipated. Lots of the issues were close to my heart--things I dealt with as a teen.
I hope you love Zae and enjoy her journey from young adult to adult as much as I did. Smooches!!

Lola
‘‘Enough! No more relationships. Men are incapable of being faithful and I shall not let my heart be destroyed by them once more!’’

Is what Zae is thinking as she is planning a kiss competition with her best girlfriends to see who can collect the most kisses. Except, not in those exact words, because my creative mind has missed a few days of work due to laziness and now it’s working overtime.

You see, her boyfriend, with whom she was madly in love (or so she thought), cheated on her. And her fath
Candace Robinson
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m super picky when it comes to contemporary, but I loved this one! Zae was relatable in her struggles. It took me back to high school...loving your friends, sometimes being jealous of them. But no matter what, you had each others’ backs. Also the book had boys, a lot of boys! Especially one particular cute one! The poem moments were sweet, and I seriously adored the ending!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
So freaking unbelievably good. Review to come closer to release date.

**EDITED TO ADD REVIEW*
4.5 Stars!
The Kiss Collector is so much more than your average YA contemporary. So much more.

It is emotional and honest and a bit raw. It has diversity and real life problems but most importantly, it's empowering. It's all about family and friends and being supportive of one another, in short, girl power in almost every sense of the phrase.

It truly is an amazing read that I just can't praise enough. I lo
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
Two things:
1.Just an FYI to anyone who received an arc. The author posted this note: *Update* If you're reading an ARC of KC, we are aware of the "extra-s" copy editing glitch before every ellipses. So sorry!! It will be fixed before the final book publishes.

I wish that I had known this before reading this book as it honestly never even remotely occurred to me that this was a typo. Some of the characters are a bit "ghetto" and I thought that the author was using slang. And it drove me crazy! I'm
Bitchin' Reads
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my darn silly heart warming at all the happiness at the end of this book. This is exactly what I needed to get out of my reading slump.
Stacee
DNF at 18%

I’m not entirely sure why I requested this one, because when I read the synopsis before starting it, it didn’t sound like something I would read. However, it had a lot of high reviews, so I was hopeful.

Zae has a lot of potential. I love the idea that she’s going to take something back for herself. Sadly, I couldn’t settle into her inner monologue. She sounds much younger than her age.

Plot wise...I don’t know. The small bit I did read was drama filled and the first chapter was absolute
Tara
Sep 14, 2013 marked it as considering-reading
A new book by Wendy Higgins?!!!1?!???!?!!!?

And I like the sound of that title ;))))

Edit 19/5/17: So it seems we have a blurb and this will be a contemporary romance. My body is ready.
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Seventeen-year-old Zae Monroe has had it with relationships. Between getting cheated on by the only guy she’s ever loved and watching her parents’ marriage crumble, she decides to turn the tables and take what she wants, and what she wants are kisses. Athletes, musicians, poets, bad boys—their lips are all on her agenda, and it’s time to collect.

For the longest time, men have been categorized as cheaters and douchebags. There are Twitter
Katie McGarry
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book!
Samantha (WLABB)
After finding her boyfriend with another girl and finding out her dad left the family for another woman, Zae's faith in love was pretty weak. Her revenge on the institution was to kiss and walk away from as many boys as possible during spring break. To make it even more fun, she challenged her three best friends to do the same, and though it was amusing at first, things got complicated quick once emotions played a part.

• Pro: This book surprised me in a good way. I will admit I struggled a littl
Katie Olley
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wendy-higgins
What a fantastic new book, with hot guys galore
I recommend Kiss Collector - it’s worth an explore!
————————————————————

I’ll try my best to give a review that’s not biased
But I love Wendy Higgins, I hold her the highest.

She’s a wonderful author and with her talent she writes
Books I get hooked to, books full of delights

Kiss Collector is written amazingly so,
from the view of the beautiful Zae Monroe

Zae’s having some trouble at high school you see
So to help her recover, here’s her latest theory

She’
Thamy
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I was looking forward to this fun story, but I felt disappointed.

But for the many important themes carefully approached, I think it was still worth it.

Zae has been facing problems in all aspects of her life, her parents constantly fighting, her boyfriend cheating, even the cheerleaders tryouts may become a flunk this year. She has no idea what to do with herself when she decides to take control of things, starting with boys. That's when she and her friends start a competition to see whom will ki
Annie
Oct 18, 2015 marked it as to-read
Is this a new book?!?!?!?!
Michelle
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My full review can be found on the Epilie Aspie Chick blog!

Thank you to HarperCollins for providing the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Full disclosure: I'm in a permanent love affair with Wendy Higgins as an author. The Sweet Evil series still makes me swoon every time I think about it fondly and its oh so adorable lead couple, Anna and Kaidan. So when I saw that Wendy was taking a trip away from Fantasy lane to publish a contemporary romance book - I knew I had to get my hands on it. A
Alexandra
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1018
I received an e-ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Xanderia Monroe. But she goes by Zae. She lives her high school life full of drama, teenage crushes and lots of heartbreak. There is way too much fun and emotion to go around here and it was surprising for me to read a YA contemporary from Wendy Higgins, whom I have mostly connected with PNR and her recent sci-fi series.

This was new and fresh and I enjoyed it. There is a huge spoiler about whom Zae ends with but I'll leave to y
Christina
3.5 stars!

Liked a lot, didn’t absolutely love. It definitely had a lot going for it, but adversely, it had some things I could have lived without. I read it all in one go, so it certainly was entertaining to hold my attention for one afternoon.

I was absolutely a fan of the whole “we are women and we’ll take your kisses and enjoy the hell out of them but nothing more” movement they had going on.

I may write a longer [better] review one day.

♥ A very special thanks to HarperTEEN and Edelweiss for p
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fluffiest-fluff
I received an eARC of this through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Dudes can be the absolute worst. Zae’s boyfriend cheats on her and her parents are getting divorced because of her own father’s cheating ways. She is done being used by the male population, so she has decided to take what she wants, no strings attached. Zae and her three besties compete against each other to get the most kiss over spring break, the only rules are no falling in love and no kissing anyone’s ex. While Za
Ceres95
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
omg this book was so good.
kelly {BookCrushin}
All the fun, drama, longing, and swoon you’d expect from Wendy!

I’m sure you’ll see a full review soon.

PS. The end of this book just got me with all the feels.
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Sounds fun!
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

This was a cute read and I think people who are big fans of YA contemporaries will very much enjoy this book. I am not the biggest fan of YA contemporaries but I do love Wendy Higgins so I had to give this one a read. In the end it was really enjoyable and super cute.

Zae is a great heroine because she’s realistic. She is far from perfect and she has flaws and she has some unlikable moments and that’s why I liked her so very much. She is going throu
Grace (gracefulreads)
3.5/5

I love Wendy's books, and I literally just read this straight through!

Full Review to come!
Valia Lind
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so hard. But then again, Wendy can do no wrong. Her books are always so so good!
I related to this book so much (even as an adult), it's kind of scary. But in a good way. I think.
What I'm trying to say is that I read it and I already preordered it, so you should too!!!
Becky
For a more in-depth review watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBDOs...

After being cheated on by her long-term boyfriend and watching her parents' marriage end Zae decides to take back control of her love life by starting a kissing contest. Zae and her friends will compete to see who can collect the most kisses. However, when feelings enter into the contest Zae's simple game gets much more complicated.

This book was really disappointing to me. I was a big fan of Higgins' Sweet series so I high
Nara
To be honest, the thing that was most suprising about The Kiss Collector was just how many parties there were throughout the novel. It seemed like there was one every day of the week! And it's not like it was university/college, it was just high school. I guess it was during the holidays, and I'm not sure if it's different in the US, but when I was in high school there definitely weren't that many parties on weekdays.

Anyway, that point aside, I found The Kiss Collector (as you would probably exp
Anatea Oroz
I haven’t read a book by Wendy in years, so I was really excited when I saw this one. I had to read it immediately.

While it was sweet and fun, it wasn’t as good as Wendy’s other books. I took me a long time to get into the story and start enjoying the book. The romance was slow building and kind of made me really impatient at times.

I do wholeheartedly support the main idea behind the book. To get revenge on guys by acting exactly like them. I am really glad Zae didn’t experience any name calli
Peachy
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
"I’m taking back my life, one kiss at a time."

I have to say, I was a little bit underwhelmed – I was expecting it to be more lighthearted than it turned out to be. There was a little bit too much drama than I cared for and Zae wasn’t really that likeable.

I’ve never read a book by Wendy Higgins before, but Kiss Collector didn’t quite make me keen to pick any of them up.

All that said, the only reason I didn’t DNF this and kept going are those poems (Wendy sure knows how to write those poems…) and
Jeraca
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this eARC novel from Edelweiss. This is my honest review.
Release Date: December 18, 2018

Zae has a great life. She lives with her mom, dad and younger brother in the house she's been in her whole life. She has a great boyfriend. She does cheerleading at school and has 3 amazing best friends.

But things started to go downhill fast around spring break Junior Year. First she caught her boyfriend cheating on her at a party. Then she finds out her parents are splitting up due to cheating.

N
Ruthsic
Warnings: attempted sexual assault

Kiss Collector attracted my attention primarily because it was a girl who wanted to turn the tables on guys. Having just been cheated on by her boyfriend, and then a few days later learning that her parents are separating, and that her father already has a girlfriend, her views on relationships and the fidelity of men is understandably bleak. She decides that she won't fall in love, will just take what she wants - kisses and affection and leave. And she does tha
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Untitled (Denazen, #5)
  • Vigil House
  • Flower
  • Baby
  • The Belles (The Belles #1)
  • Dress Codes for Small Towns
  • Gravity
  • Inferno (Talon, #5)
  • Keeping Alex (An Unexpected Fate, #1)
  • Defiantly Yours
  • The Lady Lies
  • When I Wake
Wendy Higgins is the USA Today and NY Times bestselling author of the SWEET EVIL series from HarperTeen, the high fantasy duology THE GREAT HUNT, her independently published Irish Fantasy SEE ME, and her indie NA science fiction UNKNOWN trilogy.
After earning a Creative Writing degree from George Mason University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford, Wendy taught high school Eng