Start by marking “Wonderland” as Want to Read:
Wonderland

Wonderland

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  135 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Lucas Colton is far too young to go through all this pain but meeting poetry teacher, Preston Davidson, changed everything. His life went from heartbreak to joyful and then, from friendship to love. The impact Preston had on Lucas’ life was mesmerising. What would you do if you knew you may not have a tomorrow?
ebook, first, 74 pages
Published October 22nd 2013 by Renaissance Romance Publishing (first published October 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wonderland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wonderland

Sarah_loves_books
"When my eyes are closed,
I hear your soothing voice.
When my eyes are open,
I see your beautiful face.

When I'm sleeping,
I feel your gentle touches.
The softness and delicateness of your hand on my
fragile skin.
It burns, but it's not pain.
It’s love."

I cried. And I recommend this beautiful short story to everyone.
Amy
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! So many feelz for such a short story. So beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time! I will definitely look for more from this author.
Kazza
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emotional
4.5 Stars rounded up

(view spoiler)
Tina Donaldson
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How Do You Say Goodbye?

As I contemplate how to best express my thoughts and feelings about this novella, I am wiping my tears and praying the ache in my heart eases. My amazingly courageous nephew died in June from cancer, four days after his twentieth birthday.

Very rarely does a book make me cry, but Wonderland has made me a sobbing, slobbery mess! A piece of writing becomes more real to readers when they can relate to the characters and the storyline. When this happens, a special relationship
wesley

I had braced myself for what's to come when I started leafing through the pages. Still, it did not soften the heartache that I had to endure when I finally closed the book. 13,000 beautiful words, 7 chapters of poetic perfection. I've cried a river over this and I watched the tears evaporate. Not a trace. But the pain and the loss will forever be etched in my heart. Thank you Jude Ouvrard for the beautiful prose.

Debbie♥ love my Ducks♥
This was a book covering a very emotional matter. I did not really know what it was about when I read it and it is not my norm so if it weren't so short I would have dnf.
Fangtasia
Gawd! I will spend the next 24 hours recovering from the "ugly cry" that this book inflicted on me.

Feelz aside, it was way too much to cram into such a short story. In the end, it felt like a summary of what could be an excellent story, in the right hands.
*~*~*Hyperion*~*~*
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FREEBIE on Amazon for limited time.

WOW what a book!!! For thoughts go to LM.
Janet Fair
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Profound

This story made me cry. Sad tears, happy tears and everything in between. 7 years ago I was with my mother in her last days. She told me when it was time for hospice. 5 months ago my 34 years old daughter died but it was unexpected. I got to see her, in a coma the last 36 hours of her life. Then she was declared brain dead. This story is the first time I've been able to let go and cry for her.

Thank you so much for unlocking my feelings so I could accept my daughter's death.
Cheryl
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
I kinda feel like this makes me a bad person for not loving this the way everyone else seems to have. It's a tragic subject matter but it just seemed pointless to me. It was sad and depressing and I didn't feel like I got anything out of it. The only good thing was that Lucas was finally free of his pain and suffering.
Evette
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Such a beautiful and heartwrenching story. Each poem brought this story closer to its end, yet also told us so much about the two main characters. For Preston and Lucas love is intense, sweet and so right. This is such an amazing love story. Short story that will stick with me.
Sofia
Mar 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Sofia by: Sarah_loves_books

to BR with Ingela - to set date
Jamie
well...lets just reach in my chest and rip my heart out why don't we? I read the last pages of this book through the blurry haze of tear filled eyes. It's been a long time since that's happened...
Vicki
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own, kindle, m-m
4.5
Traci Anne Hayden
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lucas is a young man who lives in the present since he has no future. In walks Preston, a poetry teacher. Preston becomes everything to Lucas. He shows him all the beauty of the world, while coping with the inevitable loss of his new love.

The emotional blooming of this relationship is beautiful and breathtaking. Jude brings forth the knowledge that life should be lived one day at a time cause you never know when it could be over. Do it all while you can, love as much as possible and never regre
mw138
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it

After a bad break up, Lucas moves to a new city and decides to take a poetry class as an outlet for his emotions. His teacher, Preston, is about his age and they share a good rapport and camaraderie. As the two men grow closer as friends, Lucas reveals a secret that will drastically change the course of their relationship.

Jude Ouvrard did a great job bringing Lucas and Preston to life through her words. I literally had a lump in my throat throughout most of the story because my heart br
Ana
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet and heartbreaking story, I enjoyed so much. It was beautiful.

It’s hard for me trying to explain why I liked it so much without giving some spoilers, but I’ll do my best. The events in the book happened in a short period of time, but it was great to see how the author was able to create such intense and realistic emotions.

The main characters were likable, it was easy to connect with their feelings, and they seemed very honest. I’m not a big fan of poetry, but the poems were
Shirley
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay... I often scroll through my Kindle trying to find something short and sweet to read in between books. Sometimes it's late at night and sometimes it's early in the morning. I picked Wonderland up as a freebie from Amazon a couple of days ago and because it was less than 80 pages I thought it would be perfect. I had no idea.... *sigh*

This book was hauntingly beautiful and poetic - not just because of the poems that were within its pages. It was heartbreaking, sad, and amazing. It was one of
Megan
Heartrendingly Beautiful, that's what this short story is. So full of love and warmth and overwhelming emotion! There have only been a couple of books that have made me cry as much as this book did. Not just happy tears but truly ugly crying.. I couldn't breathe!

There are not enough words in the English language to express how wonderful this book is. Not enough words to express how everyone should read this book, whether you are a fan of the m/m genre or not. Because this book wasn't about two m
Janie
Holy s***. That's all I can think right now..... This was a very short story, but in all honesty it took me almost 2 hours to read. I read and then cried my eyes out and had to step away for awhile. This story literally broke my heart and I look like a wreck now. The writing was beautiful and the characters were exceptional, but this was by far one of the most depressing and touching stories I've ever read. This author should be extremely proud of themselves for this beautiful piece of work! Now ...more
Natalie
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was an amazing peek into what many people go through living with this illness. I lost my brother to something similar a year ago and this book brought me a but of what he might have felt throughout his last few months. Lucas just learned to live with it and find some solace in being human. Normal. Living his life. With Prestons help he found love and happiness again. Thank you Jude for letting me into your wonderland :)
Star
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sad but wonderful

It a sad story but wonderful in the way that they lived every day. Preston is really a hero for not seeing his friend's illness but wanting to make his life better before it was over.
Brooklyn
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brooklyn by: Liza
OMG. This was so sad! I cried at the end. Beautiful story!
Dallas Vinson
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
what a truly touching story.
Mich
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
why did I read this? just awful. I HATE sad... just to be SAD. And this was just sad to be sad. Short and painful. But thankfully also free.
Annmarie
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: death
Wonderland is a short story about Lucas’s final love story during his final days of life. The story was good but I struggled with the narration. The words were read individually as if not part of a sentence. The narrator had moments of trepidation in the word structure. It was narrated slowly with nervousness and hesitation as if stumbling through the words. He had the right mood and tone. At times, the narrators voice sounded like it was going through puberty.

Preston and Lucas had a student te
Chantelle Bouffanie
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I volunteered to review the audio version of this story. I love to read Jude's stories. This is not like her other books. In this story your emotions will be allover. It had me crying within the first two chapters. This story is about Luacs and Preston. This is a quick and is easy to read. You will need to have a box of tissus handy. I highly recommend reading this one. Theres a lot that I can say about this one, but I feel that it will most likely give away too much about the story. I find ...more
Sylvia Nguyen
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story

Author Jude Ouvrard's Wonderland is a wonderful story, full of poetry in the most simple yet written from the heart. The best kind there is, my kind of poetry. Her second novella takes us into the life of a beautiful soul, Lucas, a young man who's life is changing and running out of time. He finds himself in New York City, living with his brother and starting a new chapter in his life. He starts attending a poetry class and meets the most giving person, Preston. Together, they
R.E. Hargrave
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-received
Where to begin? This is actually the first offering of Ouvrard’s that I’ve gotten the chance to read, and I have to say, if her style carries over to future projects, I’ll be reading more of Ms. Jude.
Wonderland is a novella, so it’s short, but the amount of emotion packed into this little jewel is almost mind blowing. With just a few words, the reader gets to watch a relationship bloom and flourish, despite being under the eye of the grim reaper. The beauty of this tale, is that the relationship
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Let's Hear It for the Boy
  • Fearless
  • Yours, Johnny
  • Shadow Bound
  • Memorizing You
  • Protection
  • Secrets & Truths
  • 500 Miles (500 Miles 1, An MLR Mixed Tape)
  • Through The Years
  • To Feel the Sun
  • In from the Cold (Courtlands - The Next Generation, #0.5)
  • fawn
  • Like and Subscribe
  • There Will Be Phlogiston (Prosperity, #5)
  • Letting Go
  • Joys R Us
  • Measure of Devotion (Measure of Devotion, #1)
  • Omega Beloved
"Drama, true love, and tattoos...and everything in between!"

Jude Ouvrard is an author who writes from the heart, and reads with passion and devotion. Jude enjoys stories of drama, true love, tattoos, and everything in between. While writing is her therapy, reading is her solace. Life doesn't get better than books and chocolate, and maybe a little bit of shopping.

A romance lover, Jude writes abou
More about Jude Ouvrard
“Poetry helps deliver messages. Poetry is an art; play with the words, the rhymes and your emotions. Experiment; discover yourself. This is exactly what I expect from you. Be creative, let the words guide you, never hold back, write as it comes, and edit later.” 0 likes