Start by marking “A Matter of Forever (Fate, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Matter of Forever (Fate, #4)

A Matter of Forever

(Fate #4)

It all comes down to this . . .

Chloe Lilywhite has struggled for years to find her footing in a series of dangerous and demanding worlds. Creator, first tier Council member, and one of the most powerful Magicals in existence, she was little more than one of Fate’s pawns. But now, Chloe is back home and ready to call the shots. She knows what she wants and who she wants to
Published May 15th 2014 by Cerulean Books (first published May 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Matter of Forever, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Cristina
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
description

This is the highly anticipated, bittersweet, final installment of the FATE Series and let me just say, I loved it. My expectations were high and Heather Lyons delivered in every possible area. And I'm not sure how to even write this review because it's impossible not to include spoilers but fear not, I will simply talk about how this book made me feel! ;)

I came to really love Chloe because she evolved into a thoughtful woman. Having had a love/hate relationship with her in A Matter of Fate, we'v
Cocktails and Books
I don't know if I'm going to be able to put into words just how extraordinary this book (and the whole series for that matter) is. It's not often that I find myself in with a book hangover where nothing else I read can compare, but that's where I find myself with A MATTER OF FOREVER. So much happens in this book, characters evolve, relationships change and goodness prevails, but there is just something about this book that leaves you with a tiny bit of hope that regardless of what happens betwee ...more
Leigha Perlewitz
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to begin by saying that I am 100% completely Team Kellan. This book has basically broken my heart into a million pieces, then continued to step on them until they are merely dust... But in a good way. This end was so bittersweet for me. I struggled with finishing this book because I was not sure if I was ready for Chloe's journey to be over, but I'm so glad that I read it. I feel an immense amount of appreciation for Chloe in this book. Her character is so dynamic and grows exponen ...more
Kathryn
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!! I am so blown away at this one...
The last book and WOW!!!!!

FULL REVIEW:
This book was highly anticipated by me and as I have now read it, it is bittersweet.
AMOFo is the end of this series and I am a total emotional wreck.
Completely happy and terribly sad at the same time.
Everything was leading up to this book. My stomach was in knots with worry. Heather Lyons has a way of ripping your heart out and giving you an ulcer from all the worry and stress.
I almost cheated and read the end of the
Andrea Heltsley
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5, 500, no 5,000 glittery stars for this EPIC series ending! The story was so much better than I expected. The ending to a book can make or ruin an entire series. There were some great plot twists throughout and I was glued to the pages, one after one. I ugly book cried so much in this one, but I don't regret a single tear. Everything is right in the universe after the series ended on such a unique and satisfying conclusion. This is one new adult paranormal romance you can't miss.
Meredith
This book shattered my feels, brought me to tears and filled me with more joy than any other book ever has or ever will. Heather’s writing is so melodic and she crafted a gorgeous ending to an incredible series, one that will stay with me forever.

I feel like I say this every time, but Chloe has grown SO much from the first book to now. She started out as a young, frightened (though never helpless) girl and matured into a bright, strong, mature young woman. She fought harder than she has ever fou
Jessica
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been contemplating just what to say in this review for weeks now, and I still don't feel I'll be able to emphasize to you all just how in love with this series I am. It is definitely one of my all time favorites and that is saying something for the girl who can never pick favorites. Ask me my favorite book series and you will get Heather's Fate series as an answer. Even though I consider Heather a dear friend and I actually beta'd for her on this book, that did not keep me from providing ...more
Candice Willman
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It's over? What just happened? Why did I just finish this book? Why am I here? Who am I?
This book seriously just destroyed me.

"That moment when you finish a book, look around, and realize that everyone is just carrying on with their lives.... as though you didn't just experience emotional trauma at the hands of a paperback."

Bravo Heather Lyons. You have officially ruined me for all other books I will read the rest of my life. First I read "The Deep end of the Sea" and instantly fell in love wi
Caitlin Kerry
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, best-of-2014
I don't even know how to state how wonderful this series is and how heart wrenching this last book was for me. I had to sit with this story for a few days to truly take it all in. I was scared to start, knowing what Chloe, Jonah, and Kellan had to deal with. I devoured this book in almost one setting. I was an emotional mess through it all as Chloe finally finds her forever.

The last ten percent? Tears. I was in major tears. What I loved about this final book was that Heather was true to her sto
Nicole Friedrich
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Heather Lyons has accomplished the unimaginable. When I first started reading the Fate series, my initial thoughts were, “How in the world will she end this book??” because well, I don’t want to give too much away here, but the story line does not lend itself to a happy ending. In the final installment of the series, ‘A Matter of Forever’, Lyons does in fact end the story beautifully with heartache, heartbreak, love, happiness, and closure…but at the same time, manages to leave an opening for t ...more
Rebecca
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"There's only so many times we can cut ourselves before we bleed out, C".

This review is one of the most difficult reviews I've written. The series has been amazing and it was with a heavy heart I was forced to say good-bye to Kellan, Chloe, and Jonah. It was over a year ago, that I first fell in love with this cast of characters and what a journey it has been. Chloe grew into a strong and courageous heroine. I finally learned to love Jonah (shocker). I always admired him but he finally won m
Grim Lolita
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I want to give this book 10 stars. Thank you Heather Lyons, for such an amazing series and an ending I did not expect.

A Matter of Forever was a complete roller coaster ride for me. I couldn't believe what I was reading half the time, then had to keep reading to see what happened, and then I usually ended up speechless. The story of Chloe, Jonah and Kellan finally has it's end and it was shocking, beautiful, unexpected and touching. I absolutely cried at the end. This love triangle was so much mo
Amy
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, 2014
5 Stars is just not enough!!!

Once in a while there comes a book or a series that completely blows my mind and A Matter of Forever has done just that for me.

A Matter of Forever picks up right where A Matter of Truth left off. And I was immediately pulled in and was freaking out, wondering what the heck was going on. This book definitely started with a bang. I don't think I took a breath for quite a while.

A Matter of Forever was everything I wanted and more! Heather Lyons did not disappoint! This
Jey
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am in awe.
I have loved this series from the very beginning and applaud the authors ability to really draw you in via your emotions.
Chloe, for me, is an amazing heroine. She battles through tough choices whilst staying true to herself and she kicks arse!
Jonah, sweet, dependable Jonah. I loved Jonah from the start and he really came into his own in this final book but (and it's a biggy) from book 1, my heart was stolen by his brother and it always will belong to Kellan <3
My heart broke, no
Debra Elsner
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion to The Fate series destroyed me; I could not stop thinking about the characters who have been living in my head for the past couple of weeks. Fate is literally a terrible thing; What Chloe, Jonah and Kellan have gone through in the past 4 years is just amazing. The series starts out as a young adult story and winds up being adult. Chloe grew up a lot in the storyline and the choices that she had to make came with high prices. The ending was very bittesweet, but I understand why th ...more
Kristina Snyder
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
ChaCha
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series broke my heart, and made me happy. Perfection. I will read anything you create Heather Lyons.
Jessica Wertz
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series so much!!! Was impatiently waiting for this book to release and it did NOT disappoint!! Love love love!!
Joanna Choi
May 21, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
That girl? That stupid, pointless, coward of a girl? She's gone. Dead. I will never, ever be her again.

Only... she's not gone. She's back and her name is Chloe Lilywhite or Chloe Whitecombe. Whatever her name, she's still the same stupid, pointless, coward of a girl that she's been throughout this entire series.

I have a love/hate relationship with the YA or NA genre. The main characters are young, often being in high school when we as the readers are first introduced to them. But, there's alway
Daniela  (Lost in a Book Blog)
My favorite book of the series. Seriously, this was awesome, I absolutely loved it.

Please, please, please. If you haven’t read the previous books, you may want to skip this review since it might be a little spoilerish. I don’t mean for it to be so, but… you know, it may reveal things that a non ;) (a person who hasn’t read the books) may want to read the series first. And you should. Just saying ;).

This is the fourth book of the Fate series. The last one about Chloe and Jonah and Kellan. After C
Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
Book four in the Fate series bring us 5 stars worth of emotional fireworks! ** Please do not read this review if you have not read the other books in the series as it will spoil the experience.**
I went into this book anxious because of all the ways the story could play out. After all, Chloe finally chose Jonah, leaving Kellan with a broken heart. Mix in the mess going on with the Elders and I knew this book would be packed with action and emotion. I was right on both accounts.

Chloe officially co
BookHookup
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? I’ve been sitting on this review for a couple of weeks, thinking and rethinking how I will convey my feelings. Yet, I’m no closer today than I was when I first finished it. I feel like the emotions are still raw! Plainly put, this book kicked my butt…it took my heart, shook it, squeezed it, filled it with love and joy, and just when I though I could breath again, it threw it to the ground and started all over again. But, in a good way…a very good way!!

I feel like I should be te
LeAnn
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
****5 shining stars****

I admit, I stayed up until 3AM to finish this book. I just HAD to know how it ended and even though it wasn't what I expected, it did not disappoint.

This series completely blew me away. From the first book to the last, the story gripped me, the characters were vivid, and the world building was remarkable.

In A Matter of Forever, the Elders are threatening the existence of the Magicals and it's up to Chloe to figure out how to defeat them before everyone she loves dies.

I thi
Megan
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would like to take a moment of silence to mourn the ending of this series… I hate it when a series ends, but its even worse when it’s a series that I LOVE more than I can even express through words, alas all good things must come to an end. And man or man WHAT AN END!
When this series began, I will admit the first book sat on my kindle for quite a while waiting to be read (what was I thinking!) When I finally sat down to read it, I was hooked, right from the very beginning! Each book that was
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
This series has ripped my heart out, stomped on it, kicked it, healed it, ripped it out again for good measure and put it back together again. My emotions were push to the brink in each book and A Matter of Forever was no different.

For three books we dealt with Chloe and her love for two twin boys and the cruel twist of fate that has bonded them together. In Forever, the focus is on destroying the Elders. These evil creatures are bent on destroying everything in Chloe's world, however Chloe is
Tina Lee Harris
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Let me start by saying that this book absolutely BLEW me away. It was impossible not to fall into this book with both feet and not look back until the last page was turned.

I loved that the author was able to make you understand the ins and outs of the characters without having read the previous books. Although there are some spots that I want to learn from the other books. I can not wait to dive into them.

As we follow Chloe, Jonah, Kellen and the other Magical people on their quest to sta
Gaby
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Gaby by: Christine
This is one of my favorite series. It's right up there with The Infernal Devices and Legend. And yes, I chose those specific series to compare this one to for a reason...
Warning to everyone who decides to read this book: You will cry. You will cry your eyes out when you finish, you will scream, and certain songs that remind you of the books will make you feel like your heart is being ripped out of your chest. I read this book weeks ago and I still want to burst out in tears every time I think of
Andrea
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beyond 5000 stars!! The final installment of the Fate series (Chloe's arc anyway) is here and it was worth the wait! Heather Lyons has once again brought us back to the world of Magicals and Annar. Set apart from what we consider to be the "norm" the Magicals exist among us and continue to fight for their kind.

Heather brings us right back to the moment we left Chloe in A Matter of Heart ... a moment that makes us wonder what will become of the Creator. Is that Jens that has attacked her? Will sh
Jenn
How am I supposed to recover from this series?? I am destroyed. I spent the last 20% in tears. I'm a mess. I have cried over and over with this series. My gut has been twisted in knots. My heart has been ripped to shreds. But I have loved every moment of it.

What an amazing series!! I am so glad I barely slept this week, so I could read almost non stop. I HAD to find out what was happening!! I'm glad my friend wouldn't give me the spoiler I was begging for. What a trip!!!

This series is in my top
Bridget
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread, my-favorites
This was a beautiful conclusion to the Matter series. Heather Lyons did an amazing job wrapping up the story and the characters and moving everything along. My heart is happy and sad all at the same time for the characters...but I am walking away from my favorite series satisfied that she stayed true to the story and the characters. Sigh...time to recover now from the emotional toll this series took on me. Simply beautiful.
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Fear of Heights (Heightsbound, #2)
  • Lies in Blood (Dark Secrets, #4)
  • Fall (Roam, #2)
  • Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3)
  • Hex (The Evolution, #3)
  • Missing Pieces
  • The Certainty of Deception (The Truth in Lies Saga, #2)
  • Keeping Jahleel (Loving All Wrong, #1.5)
  • All That Remains (From The Wreckage, #3)
  • Mosaic (Dragonfly, #4)
  • The Divide (Dreamland #2)
  • Oil and Water (Blood and Light Vampire, #3)
  • Lightning in My Wake (Lightning, #1)
  • The Silver Cord (The Silver Cage, #2)
  • Run To You Part II: Second Glance
Heather Lyons is known for writing epic, heartfelt love stories often with a fantastical twist. From Young Adult to New Adult to Adult novels—one commonality in all her books is the touching, and sometimes heart-wrenching, romance. In addition to writing, she's also been an archaeologist and a teacher. She and her husband and children live in sunny Southern California and are currently working the ...more

Fate (4 books)
  • A Matter of Fate (Fate, #1)
  • A Matter of Heart (Fate, #2)
  • A Matter of Truth (Fate, #3)
“It’s funny how you can miss someone desperately when they’re standing right in front of you.” 6 likes
“Love should be easy, and yet it’s the most complicated emotion of all, isn’t it?” 3 likes