Start by marking “Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)” as Want to Read:
Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)

Raging Star (Dust Lands #3)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  7,415 Ratings  ·  975 Reviews
When the star reader, Auriel Tai, challenged Saba to seize her destiny and defeat DeMalo and the Tonton, Saba was so confident in her purpose. Then she met DeMalo and he confounded all expectations with his seductive vision of a healed earth, a New Eden. DeMalo and Saba had an intense and passionate encounter - physical, emotional and psychic - that changed her life, and n ...more
Published May 1st 2014 by Marion Lloyd Books

To ask other readers questions about Raging Star, please sign up.
Millie Godfery This is the same with me! I have to wait until August till it comes out in stores. Arrrggh so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain- I don't know…moreThis is the same with me! I have to wait until August till it comes out in stores. Arrrggh so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain- I don't know how much longer I can wait....(less)

Nisat
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok i'ma rant right now. I just finished Rebel Heart and i'm unsatisfied.

1st: How the hell is Saba just gonna leave without finishing that vudo magic trick with Ewdice, or whatever her name is. Like bitch, you could already tell dark foreshadowing, you need to haul your ass back to Ewdice and finish your spell cast!!

2nd: Jack's just annoying the shit outa me. Saba goes through all that trouble tracking his ass and he's all chill like, i'm trying to do the right things Saba and i'm sorry I made
Kyle
Aug 25, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
10/17/13: It's an ok cover. I really did prefer the original style of the first book though and wish they had kept up with that.

4/14/13: I LOVE THIS TITLE SO MUCH.

2014.

Wow.

I just -

I can't.

Lisa RC
SPOILER ALERT.

OKAY. Just finished Rebel Heart. Let's just say it's done a good job. Now we all have to wait a year or two for the final book to come out.

What I hope will happen
Saba doesn't get pregnant and Jack never knows of Saba's betrayal.
Lugh dies. Hopefully it's on his way to that utopia of his so the readers will laugh at the irony. Or the ugly Tontons get him again.
If not dead, Lugh realizes how awesome Jack is and apologizes.
Meav comes back to life (but doesn't choose Lugh).
Saba
Cindy
Nov 18, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING DESPERATE, SETH DEMALO, IF SABA DOESN'T WANT TO JOIN YOU, I'M AVAILABLE. I WILL GLADLY AND WILLINGLY FIGHT BY YOUR SIDE. EVEN IF YOU TURN OUT TO BE A HEARTLESS BASTARD.

(apparently I have a thing for creepy and/or awkward fictional guys. And DeMalo certainly fits that category.)

Jack, please don't make me choose between you and DeMalo. Because at this point I'm pretty sure I will pick DeMalo.

And by the way, I still hope you die, Lugh :)
______________________________________
Madeleine
Mother. Fucking. Dustlands.

Every book I finish of this series, I snap shut with the same reaction.

I...I have very mixed feelings on this series' end.

Why is it I walk away from these books with nothing but positive recommendations, yet as I read, I skim, drag, and look ahead, every sign of a bad book? I am not in the moment during these books. I am anxiously waiting for them to get better.

These books have been an emotional struggle for me. I love them in theory, and sometimes in practice. Jack
C.G. Drews
Raging Star? More like RAGING CAIT right now. Insert gross sobbing here. Also feels of bewilderment and mild psychotic bouts of howling. What even do I THINK of this book?! ERGH. MERP. AREKERRRRK. <-- That's the best I can do, okay?

HAHA JUST KIDDING. Omg, you peoples, I'm addicted to writing reviews (and flooding you all with my fabulous opinions) so heck yes you're going to get the full unfurling of my brain on this book.

FIRST WE'LL TALK ABOUT WHY I FRIKKIN' LOVE THIS SERIES. Because I do. I
Michelle
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alright Blood Red Road was definatly a promising book that got me hooked right away. Rebel Heart like oh hot damnn. But honestly I hated Lugh. Is it bad to say I hope he dies in the third book. Seriously the kid is all oh I love you sis and then like two pages later he goes all phsyco on her. And whenever she left to go do what she does rescuing people and saving the day he always stopped her or tagged along slowing her down. Like dude back off.

Let's talk about DeMalo. Okay that guy is insane. l
May 09, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I waited about a week to write this review...mostly because I didn't think it deserved one. I've seen some of the reviews other people have written and most of them are in the 4-5 star range. To those people I can only say that I'm glad you didn't feel that you wasted your time reading this, because I sure as hell did.

This book is hands down the worst book I've read all year. Granted, it's only May, but I will bet anyone who reads this review that it will remain the worst for the next half of th
Genocide criminal genius & master of all villainy Unknown
WHAT?!?!?!

2014?????????????

description

Well now I'm depressed......ARGH!

Saru (Queen of Bookland)
Edit: 9/2/13-

WAIT. IS THAT THE COVER. WHAT.

Well, to be honest, I'm not a big fan of these covers. But whatever. It's what's inside that counts.

Well...

The very last paragraph of Rebel Heart was just like...

Natasa
May 12, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Came on to Goodreads today to see when this book comes out, because I thought it was soon. My reaction when I saw I saw 2014:

description

Which was immediately followed by this:

TRILOGIES (especially this one):
description
Yup, I need to know how a story ends. This is probably some messed up way of teaching us how to be patient.
Kit Kat
Dec 28, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-be-continued
I have to wait till May!! for this book???? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Mrs. Young you are making me suffer!!!!!!!!!!=(

Maureen
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars

I definitely liked this one the best of the 3 but I don’t know that I can give it 5 stars. I really like that it actually preached nonviolence while NOT BEING violent.
I felt like the ending was a little rushed but besides that I really enjoyed the conclusion of this trilogy and also I’m very emotional.
ALSO I CALLED A FEW OF THE TWISTS I DID.
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
A finished unsolicited copy was provided by the publisher for review.

I was highly anticipating the release of Raging Star but I also wanted to make sure I was ready for the conclusion. I avoided reading this for a couple of months only because I didn't want it to end. You can say I wanted to keep myself immersed in Saba's story.

In that case, I got my wish because this was all about Saba taking down DeMelo. His tyranny had to end and what better way then infiltrate his mission in life? I found t
Lucia
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
SERIES RATING AND SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:
Book 1: Blood Red Road- 4 STARS
Book 2: Rebel Heart - 2 STARS
Book 3: Raging Star - 2.5 STARS

This is the most conflicted I have ever felt about book series. I adored some parts of this trilogy and hated the others. Let's see what are pluses and minuses of Dust Lands trilogy.

(+) REALISTIC NARRATOR
Saba, the narrator and heroine of this trilogy, is bold, rude, vicious and very determined. On the top of that she is selfish and stubborn. Surprisingly, instead of
Red Panda
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this little, dystopian trilogy and the third volume was, in my opinion, the best. It was pretty hard hitting and upsetting in places and I was certainly more engaged with it than I was the previous volumes.

While this will never be an all-time favourite, I definitely enjoyed it enough to read more from this author in the future.
OhWell
Impressions right after Rebel Heart:

Too bad Jack didn't manage to kill himself while blowing up the Tonton ammo storage. Let's hope he makes a quick exit in book 3...

Update after reading Raging Star...

It wasn’t as terrible as I had expected, as the plot had some direction this time, but it’s hard to like a book when you don’t feel an emotional connection to any of the characters. Moira Young finally managed to portray DeMalo as the villain, but there were a couple of points that made me uncom
Wea
Sep 04, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: someday-lol
why would it take soooooooo long? 2014 are you fu**ing kidding me?!

⇝LEAH⇜
Genre: Dystopian, Love & Stuff, YA
Source: Audiobook (Library)

OVERALL RATING: 2.5/5 STARS
SERIES RATING: 3.5/5 STARS
(Blood Red Road -4.7 Rebel Heart -3.5 Raging Star -2.5)

Find my full review with video included for book song at Leah's Bookish Obsession

♪♫My Pick For Book Theme Song♫♪
Flares by The Script --The words are for Saba…Did you regret nothing???

♫Did you lose what won't return?
Did you love but never le
Bonnie
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I received this book free from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Good grief, what happened to this series? Upon finishing Blood Red Road my response was something along the lines of “OMG ALL THE STARS. YOU GET ALL THE STARS YOU AMAZING BOOK.” There may have also been some arm flailing. And then came the interminable wait for the next installment, Rebel Heart, but as soon as it had release
Estelle (E)
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, 2014, ya
*heavy sigh*
Just finished and I feel very disappointted..

Firstly, I didn't remember the narration was with slang all the way and that there were no speech marks at all.. I'm not sure why I didn't remember that, I read the other 2 books. But that required heavy concentration...which made me fall asleep every time I picked up the book! (I swear I fell asleep at least 4 times while reading it).

Secondly, (which may be another reason), I waited (not too patiently) for the book to start.. and that hap
Erin Bowman
07/01/13:
Simply put, I am obsessed with this series. The dialect, the world, the characters… I love it all.

In this final installment, a threat from DeMalo leaves Saba with seven days to either surrender her fight or find a way to defeat him and his plans for New Eden. This ticking-clock element keeps the pacing tight and tensions high. A few masterfully crafted scenes written in third person reveal a traitor within Saba’s group, though the details are vague. I was constantly torn between who I t
A four-sentence review: I think Blood Red Road could've worked better as a standalone, as the last two books didn't add anything besides predictable character development.
The plot thickens, but it is nowhere near as intense and fast-paced as before - in fact, Raging Star moves slow as a snail and the story loses steam. The very end is acceptable, but so similar to others in the genre. I highly recommend the first book, but you could skip the next two unless you want to be underwhelmed.
Jasmine
Feb 24, 2013 marked it as on-the-shelf-and-going-to-read  ·  review of another edition
So... that's the cover?

description
Josephine (reading in twilight)
You just take your time, Moira. I can wait. :)
Rose
Quick review for a quick read. "Raging Star" is the final book in the Dust Lands Trilogy by Moira Young. I've taken my time with this series, reading it over the course of several years, and for what its worth, I'm glad that I was able to finish it. Yet, I'm of two minds upon the conclusion of this book - like "Rebel Heart" there were parts of this book that I really liked and others that I just...didn't.

This book picks up where the last left off, with Saba carrying the weight of several secrets
Alaina Meserole
Raging Star was good.. just not as good as the first two books which really disappointed me.

Saba just confused me because she basically left Ewdice without finishing what she was doing there. I didn't really understand her reasoning but okay - I'll go with it. Then there was Jack who was just rubbing me the wrong way. Yup, he was an annoying little shit head. I really don't understand what these two were doing.. or what the hell was going through their minds in this book. I was beyond frustrate
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Son kitaba kadar gelip de en sonda karakterleri öldürmek nedir ya.Hadi biri neyse de diğeri ölmemeliydi.Sonu da güzeldi.
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
What a read! Raging Star is a surprisingly different read from what I anticipated but it was still go good that I couldn’t put it down, and it’s definitely an unforgettable finale!

Moira Young is back with the long awaited finale in her Dustlands series, and this time we see Saba, Jack and the guerilla band trying to take down DeMalo and his Tonton militia in a number of different ways. Saba’s hiding many secrets – especially her connection with DeMalo and that one weak moment where Saba gives i
Elena
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHAT AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER
Did anyone hate that Saba never puts Lugh in his place? 4 56 Jul 24, 2017 06:20PM
De Malo (spoilers!) 1 73 Feb 09, 2016 09:13AM
What the hell happened to Tracker at the end of the book! 2 73 Aug 24, 2014 08:07PM
Crazy for Young A...: Raging Star (Dust Lands #3) by Moira Young → Start Date: June 14th, 2014 66 126 Jun 27, 2014 08:25AM
Tommo & DeMalo 8 244 May 18, 2014 08:33PM
Dustlands Series Dream Cast 1 59 May 12, 2014 01:46PM
A little help? 1 50 Apr 14, 2014 04:57PM
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Burn (Pure, #3)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Resist (Breathe, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Earth Flight (Earth Girl, #3)
  • Lark Ascending (Skylark, #3)
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink, #2)
  • The Eve (The Eden Trilogy, #3)
  • Sunrise (Ashfall, #3)
  • Deception (Defiance, #2)
  • UnDivided (Unwind, #4)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)
Moira Young is from Vancouver, BC and now lives in the UK. A former actor and opera singer, her debut novel, Blood Red Road, first in the Dustlands trilogy, was published in 2011 to international acclaim. It won a host of prizes including the Costa Children’s Book Award, the British Columbia Book Prize for Children’s Literature and France's Le Prix des Incorruptibles. In the USA it won a Cybils Aw ...more
More about Moira Young

Dust Lands (3 books)
  • Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1)
  • Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    $9.74 $1.99
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • I Capture the Castle
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“How did you find me? The heartstone? he says.
I look into his eyes. His silver moonlight eyes. The still calmwater heart of him.
I don’t need no stone to find you. I’d find you anywhere, I says.”
11 likes